Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #276
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I'm conflicted on that. I have seen some potentially great works ruined by rushing the creator.
Oh ya, but the thing is he has like 1500 page manuscripts for both book 6&7 already. So the story/everything happening is there for the most part. But like Marv said I think he is taking too long, and sometimes he drags things out more the longer he takes. I mean like he said he has 5 years or so to get them all done, and I don't think he's being "forced" he just is getting a little pressure. Which in GRRM's case, I think is for the better.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #277
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Jennifer Ehle, according to wikipedia. Apparently, Dany was also played by a different actress: Tamzin Merchant.
Thank the god of tits and wine that they recast Dany. Tamzin annoyed the **** out of me on the Tudors.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #278
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Thank the god of tits and wine that they recast Dany. Tamzin annoyed the **** out of me on the Tudors.
Agreed. I can't image Dany as anyone else now.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #279
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

That's often the way I feel about these things. They're interesting little what if? scenarios, but once I've been exposed to one actor playing a character for a certain amount of time, it's difficult picturing anyone else in their shoes.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #280
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
That's often the way I feel about these things. They're interesting little what if? scenarios, but once I've been exposed to one actor playing a character for a certain amount of time, it's difficult picturing anyone else in their shoes.
Agreed. That and Emilia is ...super hawt lol. But I think she owns that role, and she really kinda has become the "face" of GOT for many. She has such a unique face.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #281
Marvolo
Side-Kick

The original cast just doesn't seem like a winning combination to me. Tamzim would have been a big weak link. I just can't see her screaming "Fire and blood!" Or doing any of the stuff Dany does. She seems too fragile and small whereas Emilia is broader (in a great womanly way) stronger looking and has a presence. Emilia really was imo lightning in the bottle. She came out of nowhere and gave it her all. And the children too. They have been phenomenal.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #282
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
I'm conflicted on that. I have seen some potentially great works ruined by rushing the creator.
With GRRM that is nonsense because he got the first three books out fast enough and they are top notch...quality has drifted slightly

Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #283
Marvolo
Side-Kick

The first three books were over ten years ago. I'm not so sure he will hold up as well under pressure. He is at that point in his career where he doesn't have to give in to his editor and throw stuff out because he has no clout. Now he has enough clout to call the shots and set his schedule. It makes for a different author and going back to a faster time table may be detrimental to the current GRRM's writing process whereas the less proven GRRM of the past would have accepted it and thrived.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #284
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tamzin was amazing on the Tudors, and everything she has been in, and if she played Dany, perhaps the character wouldn't be so damn whiny. "Fire and blood" pout. And this is coming from someone who loved her in the first season, but it became clear last season that it was Drogo and her ridiculously interesting brother that made her. Clarke is beautiful but she isn't the best actress and struggles to carry her part of the story. Not like the Stark children and much less the Lannisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
With GRRM that is nonsense because he got the first three books out fast enough and they are top notch...quality has drifted slightly
The time of the original books is irrelevant, because of how they were written. As the original story was planned as a trilogy he had plenty of material when he expanded the story. But once his original work on the series started to dry up after the third book, we started seeing delays.

He messes about too much now. ADWD was suppose to bring everyone back together for the run-in, and instead he just kept adding making things more difficult.

Quote:
Well he has taken 11 years too write two substandard books that cover a small amount of time and have progressed little to nothing of the overall story. Perhaps pressure is exactly what he needs.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-20-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #285
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Tamzin was amazing on the Tudors, and everything she has been in, and if she played Dany, perhaps the character wouldn't be so damn whiny. "Fire and blood" pout. And this is coming from someone who loved her in the first season, but it became clear last season that it was Drogo and her ridiculously interesting brother that made her. Clarke is beautiful but she isn't the best actress and struggles to carry her part of the story. Not like the Stark children and much less the Lannisters.
Everything regarding Dany in season 2, GRRM's original story arc, was spat on and I don't blame Clarke for that at all, hell she actually made it bearable and I think she fits Dany to a T.

You're entitled to your opinion but I vehemently disagree with it.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #286
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

On a related note, Emilia Clarke is single again. Gentlemen, and Sawyer, start your engines!

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #287
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I saw that! Sawyer and I will have to duel it out.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #288
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
On a related note, Emilia Clarke is single again. Gentlemen, and Sawyer, start your engines!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #289
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:

She would have to get in line behind Natalie Dormer.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #290
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

The time of the original books is irrelevant, because of how they were written. As the original story was planned as a trilogy he had plenty of material when he expanded the story. But once his original work on the series started to dry up after the third book, we started seeing delays.

He messes about too much now. ADWD was suppose to bring everyone back together for the run-in, and instead he just kept adding making things more difficult.

Well he has taken 11 years too write two substandard books that cover a small amount of time and have progressed little to nothing of the overall story. Perhaps pressure is exactly what he needs.
I disagree about Tamzim and Emilia but to each their own. The only scene Dany was whiny in was the scene when she was trying to get ships from that bald snarky ****er, but that was specifically written that way. Its meant to be cringe worthy. She is still a child in the eyes of these people, and in that scene she acted like a child. She came to the man and requested ships and when she didn't get them she threw a tantrum with her entitlements. Having three baby dragons and a royal name does not make you a conqueror. She needed to realize that and grow from it which she did. She needed to be spit on and get rejected a few times so she can grow and be ready for what is coming this season and in Mereen.

I mean I get that the whining is annoying. I can't even rewatch that scene when she is trying to get ships but it isn't because of Emilia's acting but because of the character acting like a petulant child expecting free ****. That stuff really irks me, but I think it was necessary.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 03-20-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #291
Marvolo
Side-Kick

New preview.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #292
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

If GRRM makes a cameo, then it should be as a Maester.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #293
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
In the background crossing the screen or as someone in a pub.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #294
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
He should be a poet Joffrey executes for taking too long making his poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.

Last edited by Lord; 03-20-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #295
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

LOLs.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #296
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
In the background crossing the screen or as someone in a pub.
Yeah! Maybe a drunk Maester with a catchy name like Maester Martin, who took too long to pass his exams 'cos he kept getting drunk and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
He should be a poet Joffrey executes for taking too long making is poem
No! That's too cruel for the poor old dude

Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #297
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he had a cameo in the original pilot.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #298
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:

Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #299
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I disagree about Tamzim and Emilia but to each their own. The only scene Dany was whiny in was the scene when she was trying to get ships from that bald snarky ****er, but that was specifically written that way. Its meant to be cringe worthy. She is still a child in the eyes of these people, and in that scene she acted like a child. She came to the man and requested ships and when she didn't get them she threw a tantrum with her entitlements. Having three baby dragons and a royal name does not make you a conqueror. She needed to realize that and grow from it which she did. She needed to be spit on and get rejected a few times so she can grow and be ready for what is coming this season and in Mereen.

I mean I get that the whining is annoying. I can't even rewatch that scene when she is trying to get ships but it isn't because of Emilia's acting but because of the character acting like a petulant child expecting free ****. That stuff really irks me, but I think it was necessary.
What comes is Mereen is perhaps her most ridiculously entitled bits and young girl fantasy. And lets be fair, she isn't ready and shouldn't be considering.

Dany is suppose to be entitled at times, yes. She is suppose to be downright stupid at times. But I always thought Dany should be endearing, and not simply because she is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Everything regarding Dany in season 2, GRRM's original story arc, was spat on and I don't blame Clarke for that at all, hell she actually made it bearable and I think she fits Dany to a T.

You're entitled to your opinion but I vehemently disagree with it.
So was Jon's storyline, but Kit, who isn't great himself, was still pretty strong last season. Why I have so much hope for him this season. Also, lets be fair. If they did the original storyline, Dany would of had barely any screen time the entire season. Jon's storyline was actually reduced down and played with.

I have always found Dany's transition from scared young girl to ethereal being, to possibly the dumbest person to ever live annoying.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #300
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
What comes is Mereen is perhaps her most ridiculously entitled bits and young girl fantasy. And lets be fair, she isn't ready and shouldn't be considering.

Dany is suppose to be entitled at times, yes. She is suppose to be downright stupid at times. But I always thought Dany should be endearing, and not simply because she is beautiful.

So was Jon's storyline, but Kit, who isn't great himself, was still pretty strong last season. Why I have so much hope for him this season. Also, lets be fair. If they did the original storyline, Dany would of had barely any screen time the entire season. Jon's storyline was actually reduced down and played with.

I have always found Dany's transition from scared young girl to ethereal being, to possibly the dumbest person to ever live annoying.
The events in Mereen will be changed significantly I think for the show. And I find her to be endearing not for her beauty, but then again I like her in the books which translates to Dany in the show. I'm not sure what you mean by dumbest person who ever lived, tho? She acts her age and the way a person would given her upbringing and ordeals. After her dragons hatched she started thinking she was high and mighty which led to the entitlement problem. Which led to the "fire and blood" BS. She wasn't raised to be queen. She was raised to be a whore for her brother to sell. She is raped and used. Then she falls in love. Then her love dies. Then her khalasar abandon her. Then she becomes mother of dragons. Then her people die in the red waste. She can't get what she thinks she is owed. Then she is manipulated by the warlocks and Dario. She is constantly told westeros is awaiting her return but she cant get there because Essos doesnt really care about westeros politics. Its a wonder she is level headed even a bit. So I'm not sure exactly what you are expecting. Dany is a product of what she has been through. Her character is true to this stuff.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread