The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #26
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

So probably more of a Season 4 moment, I guess.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #27
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Wrong thread lol

Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #28
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
So probably more of a Season 4 moment, I guess.
I have no doubt that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Lady Stoneheart's (Cat's resurrected form) reveal will be the last scene of season 4. She will lower her hood revealing the rotten emaciated flesh torn face of former Cat Stark and slam to black. Its on the level of the dragon reveals and the white walker reveal in the season 1&2 finales.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-25-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #29
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

It'll be a great reveal for the non-book readers, since Michelle Fairley's name will have already been out of the opening credits for that entire season. Will make for quite a surprise.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
It'll be a great reveal for the non-book readers, since Michelle Fairley's name will have already been out of the opening credits for that entire season. Will make for quite a surprise.
Bricks will be shat.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #31
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

They won't kill Joffrey yet. They don't have the villain cache to do it yet, and after next season there will be no Joffrey and no Tywin. They will hold on for as long as they can.

As to where season 4 will end. My money is on the new Lord Commander Jon Snow.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
They won't kill Joffrey yet. They don't have the villain cache to do it yet, and after next season there will be no Joffrey and no Tywin. They will hold on for as long as they can.

Lord Commander Jon Snow will be one of the last scenes of season 4 similar to Dany's last scene in season 2. A moment of triunph for a character, but it wont be the last shot. It isnt visually striking enough. Nowhere near as striking as dragons and whitewalkers. If they keep up the trend then Lady Stoneheart is the most striking image they could have as the last shot.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #33
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

Good point. Didn't think of that. There really isn't a "villain" after Tywin and Joffrey die. They'll have to focus more on the Wall and Daenerys.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

I agree with Marvolo. UnCat reveal will almost certainly be the last scene of season 4. It was a great shocking cliffhangerish ending in the books, so I see no reason why they would change it.

Now, I haven't seen season 2 yet (I don't have HBO, so I was waiting until the DVDs). I'll be watching it this weekend, and I've heard mixed reactions from fans about it. How do you guys think it compares to the first season, both in quality and book accuracy?

Last edited by CoolCadaver49; 02-26-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #35
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I am one of the few who actually prefers it to Season 1. There is no center like Ned in the first and both Jon and Dany's stories were better in the first, but the overall tone, production value and pacing was better in the second for me. Also, Tyrion and Arya ruled the season like a couple of bosses, which makes it superior for me.

--John Adams
Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #36
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
I agree with Marvolo. UnCat reveal will almost certainly be the last scene of season 4. It was a great shocking cliffhangerish ending in the books, so I see no reason why they would change it.

Now, I haven't seen season 2 yet (I don't have HBO, so I was waiting until the DVDs). I'll be watching it this weekend, and I've heard mixed reactions from fans about it. How do guys think it compares to the first season, both in quality and book accuracy?
I bit cramped. Almost as good as season 1. They try to cater to too many characters in one episode at a time. That is the biggest problem. The season works better when they focus on 2-3 characters an episode rather than trying to hit all the ongoing storylines in 50 minutes. Dany does not **** most of the season except yell "Fire and Blood!" and "My Dragons!". I still like it, but I would give it a 4/5 whereas Season 1 I give a 5/5.

As for book accuracy, it isn't as faithful as season 1. Jon's story is actually shown rather than being told by Cat. And some of his stuff is from book 3. They changed Jeyne Westerling to Talisa Maegyr, a healer in his camp from Volantis.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-26-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #37
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

I've always wondered, if the TV series catches up to the books, which it most likely will, what does HBO do? Branch off and continue it in their own way?

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #38
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
I've always wondered, if the TV series catches up to the books, which it most likely will, what does HBO do? Branch off and continue it in their own way?
GRRM has told David Benioff and D. B. Weiss what happens and how it ends so that if the series catches up it can continue. I don't see how that will work though. The show should get to the ending before the books do. I want to read the ending not have the show spoil it. GRRM just needs to make sure that doesn't happen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 02-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:

Now, I haven't seen season 2 yet (I don't have HBO, so I was waiting until the DVDs). I'll be watching it this weekend, and I've heard mixed reactions from fans about it. How do guys think it compares to the first season, both in quality and book accuracy?
Book accuracy, it's atrocious. But that's only because season 1 was a near-perfect translation of the book. I honestly don't think any adaptation has been as faithful as season 1 to its source material. Only Cat's chapters are different but what is cut isn't a huge loss (it's really just her uncle that's absent and Robert's bastard daughter she meets but is more or less irrelevant). I also say this because I really liked A Clash of Kings, they cut out some of my favorite moments, they made additions/changes I didn't like, and didn't expand on some things I was hoping they would. I still loved it, but I was slightly disappointed. I'll have to check out deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #40
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Much thanks for the responses. DACrowe and Marvolo, you named a lot of the flaws I noticed in the book as well (Dany/ Jon's weak storyline; slightly "scattered" narrative), but that's okay, I always saw this portion of the story as Tyrion's moment to shine. I think it will be interesting to see Rob's storyline from his own perspective.

Spidey Bat, I figured that it wouldn't be quite as accurate as season 1. that was pretty much spot on. On the bright side, I read the first four books almost a year ago now, so I probably won't remember what I'm missing unless it's something big changed/gone.

CrypticOne, I really really really hope it doesn't come to that. If it does, and they use the "canon" ending... Well I want to say I'd have the strength to wait for the book, but I'll probably watch it if it's available first. I think it might be better if the show does it's own ending if it gets to that point. I assume there would be no chance of the show going on hiatus until the book comes out...?

Last edited by CoolCadaver49; 02-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #41
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Much thanks for the responses. DACrowe and Marvolo, you named a lot of the flaws I noticed in the book as well (Dany/ Jon's weak storyline; slightly "scattered" narrative), but that's okay, I always saw this portion of the story as Tyrion's moment to shine. I think it will be interesting to see Rob's storyline from his own perspective.

Spidey Bat, I figured that it wouldn't be quite as accurate as season 1. that was pretty much spot on. On the bright side, I read the first four books almost a year ago now, so I probably won't remember what I'm missing unless it's something big changed/gone.

CrypticOne, I really really really hope it doesn't come to that. If it does, and they use the "canon" ending... Well I want to say I'd have the strength to wait for the book, but I'll probably watch it if it's available first. I think it might be better if the show does it's own ending if it gets to that point. I assume there would be no chance of the show going on hiatus until the book comes out...?
Tyrion does have some really good moments this season. Bronn does, as well.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #42
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

I know I'm late to the party, but I thought the season 3 trailer was the most epic promo I've seen for a show since that final season LOST trailer where they were all chess pieces. This definitely has me excited.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
smashmode
House Stark

Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #44
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

That's cool beans. I would like to think there could have been a more iconic or cooler image to use though.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #45
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

I wish they'd release more character posters. The ones last year were awesome.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #46
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
That's cool beans. I would like to think there could have been a more iconic or cooler image to use though.

True, I guess I really how the shadow is imprinted on everything though.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #47
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

They also did it in the Times

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #48
Havok83
Side-Kick

I really need to plan on starting to watch season 2. I thnk I'll start this weekend and try 2-3 episodes a week leading up to premiere

Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #49
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Wow, that's awesome! I'm surprised people don't complain about the ad making the articles difficult to read though.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #50
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I really hope that's not the official image of the season. That would kinda be a ****ty DVD cover.

Closed Thread