The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #626
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

Sadly, the GA just needs some zombie deaths here and there and all other ******** for them to be happy. It's how this show has coasted so badly since the s2 opener.

RIP
Oliver Queen
Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #627
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
THE SEASON 4 TRAILER IS HERE!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
So excited they are gonna do Tyreese vs Rick and Tyreese fighting to the death in that zombie attack.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #628
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzarinna View Post
I've been reading the GN's. I stopped after
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Carl got his accident
I'll pick it up again.
hell... which accident? lol

Old 07-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #629
JonKent
Side-Kick

Th Biggrin Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
So excited they are gonna do Tyreese vs Rick and Tyreese fighting to the death in that zombie attack.

He doesn't die in the Walker attack he will kill them all,his demise will be in the hands of you know who.Why do you call them zombies? In this world George Romero and his movies doesn't exist so the word zombie doesn't exist.They call them walkers or lurkers if they're not moving. It looks like Carol might not make it past this season,there' another girl she has to worry and protect like Sophia.Carl might have his Sophia back either that young girl o the teen with the old grumpy old man.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #630
Evelisse
Exactly

I wonder if the time passing and possible isolation the Gov has gone through might mean we may get a Gov looking more like the comic version, long hair, handlebar mustache, all scruffy.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #631
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
You know what I mean, this is the fourth season. Don't want a fourth season resembling Losts or BSG's. They need this season to be strong, I just think that even though people like this show, the same ol' song and dance will tire people eventually.

Hey hey I liked Lost's Season 4!

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #632
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
*sighs deeply*
Now granted that crappy Lost Season, did lead to the amazing season 5. Another example of a bad season 4 would be Angels fourth, again leading to a amazing fifth and final season.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #633
JonKent
Side-Kick

Awesome Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
I wonder if the time passing and possible isolation the Gov has gone through might mean we may get a Gov looking more like the comic version, long hair, handlebar mustache, all scruffy.

Yes and a possible flashback episode how he got to be the governor then introduced him and his brother coming back for Rick and co.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #634
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonKent View Post
He doesn't die in the Walker attack he will kill them all,his demise will be in the hands of you know who.Why do you call them zombies? In this world George Romero and his movies doesn't exist so the word zombie doesn't exist.They call them walkers or lurkers if they're not moving. It looks like Carol might not make it past this season,there' another girl she has to worry and protect like Sophia.Carl might have his Sophia back either that young girl o the teen with the old grumpy old man.
I don't believe Kane meant Tyrese's death specifically, but that it's a "fight to the death", which is accurate since it did end with Tyrese killing all of the zombies.

They call them zombies in the comics plenty of times too. It's one of the first differences that I noticed when I started reading them a few months ago because the word has never been used on the show.

Watching the trailer again, that girl taking Carol's hand didn't look like she was planning to be Carol's replacement daughter, if you catch my meaning.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #635
JonKent
Side-Kick

For those of us who cant make it to the SDCC Walking Dead Panel

http://youtu.be/uRo75iIgwO8

Old 07-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #636
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

This is the first season I'm watching since starting the comics. I was yelling "YES!!!!" when I saw both of those.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #637
JonKent
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I don't believe Kane meant Tyrese's death specifically, but that it's a "fight to the death", which is accurate since it did end with Tyrese killing all of the zombies.

They call them zombies in the comics plenty of times too. It's one of the first differences that I noticed when I started reading them a few months ago because the word has never been used on the show.

Watching the trailer again, that girl taking Carol's hand didn't look like she was planning to be Carol's replacement daughter, if you catch my meaning.
I heard that George Romero dissed the show and creator so Robert Kirkman decided no zombie word totally different universe. What I noticed too is Tyrese has a blackeye and Rick has a hurt/broken hand so a spoiler S death and their mano o mano. Im betting on the side that little girl is gonna be on Carol's side and cell if Carol has to die its gonna be dramatic and sad just like Sophia's.
According to some spoilers 2 recurring women characters will be added one is a single mom/nurse and another young woman,romance for Rick and Daryl I guess and I'm more interested with the old grumpy man bonding with Herschel,I wonder if he's 1 ep. or 2 then he leaves his preteen granddaughter to Rick and Carl

Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #638
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Never realised there was Walking Dead section on the hype!

I loved Season 1, they felt like real people in such desperate times. The pilot was one of the best pilots I've seen and the finale was terrific. Season 2 I liked. It dragged in the middle a little sure but yeah it worked and the last few episodes were stunning. The first half of the third season was outstanding, it took a great direction (I do read the comics) and was going along at a terrific pace. The second half though I thought was woeful aside from a couple of gems. The whole show just seemed to stop! Maybe it was the break but boy I didn't get on with it and the finale felt like a Part 1 of a 2 part episode. By that time the Andrea stuff just didn't appeal to me and I think we were all waiting for some sort of Rick's group/Governor confrotation but it just... ended. I'm all for subverting expectations but its gotta have something in return but it just finished.

The trailer for series 4 however does look very good, it seems like we will see them quite often scavenge for stuff ad go elsewhere which for me was one of the issues I had with S2 and S3, for this kind of genre I like episodes where you just learn about the characters but after a while it felt like they were too safe.

The two main things I got fro it that haven't really been mentioned is the surprise that The Governor is not brought up at all and the fact that Beth is only shown in the trailer once or twice hints to me that she dies pretty early on in the prison attack. Not sure why I just get that feeling.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #639
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Trailer has me all giddy and excited for season 4, cant wait!

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 07-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #640
JonKent
Side-Kick

Heart Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Never realised there was Walking Dead section on the hype!

I loved Season 1, they felt like real people in such desperate times. The pilot was one of the best pilots I've seen and the finale was terrific. Season 2 I liked. It dragged in the middle a little sure but yeah it worked and the last few episodes were stunning. The first half of the third season was outstanding, it took a great direction (I do read the comics) and was going along at a terrific pace. The second half though I thought was woeful aside from a couple of gems. The whole show just seemed to stop! Maybe it was the break but boy I didn't get on with it and the finale felt like a Part 1 of a 2 part episode. By that time the Andrea stuff just didn't appeal to me and I think we were all waiting for some sort of Rick's group/Governor confrotation but it just... ended. I'm all for subverting expectations but its gotta have something in return but it just finished.

The trailer for series 4 however does look very good, it seems like we will see them quite often scavenge for stuff ad go elsewhere which for me was one of the issues I had with S2 and S3, for this kind of genre I like episodes where you just learn about the characters but after a while it felt like they were too safe.

The two main things I got fro it that haven't really been mentioned is the surprise that The Governor is not brought up at all and the fact that Beth is only shown in the trailer once or twice hints to me that she dies pretty early on in the prison attack. Not sure why I just get that feeling.
I read somewhere that the prison was expanded and it will have the showers if there's a shower scene then Beth goes early. In every season they have 1 or 2 dramatic death scene I'm betting 1 of them will be Carol's and the baby. There will be a happy episode where Herschel officiate the wedding of Glenn and Maggie

Old 07-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #641
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

If Tyrese dies I swear.....

Old 07-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #642
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

You shouldn't swear.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #643
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
You shouldn't swear.
I'll ****ing swear as much as I ****ing please, thank you very ****ing much!

H.E.(R?)
Old 07-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #644
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
hell... which accident? lol
Oops, sorry.
The one with the other kid and his mom, tore me up.
I was at work reading it and I got up and paced the floor. I was afraid to turn the page.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #645
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy jack View Post
if tyrese dies i swear.....
^
swear to me!

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #646
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

*drops falafel*

Old 07-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #647
Evelisse
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonKent View Post
I read somewhere that the prison was expanded and it will have the showers if there's a shower scene then Beth goes early. In every season they have 1 or 2 dramatic death scene I'm betting 1 of them will be Carol's and the baby. There will be a happy episode where Herschel officiate the wedding of Glenn and Maggie

Just my opinion but, I don't think the general audience could handle little ass kickers death, might be one of the story points from the comics that has to stay changed. Maybe after she has a few more years to grow up, but I don't see people being ready to watch an infant get blown away, nor eaten by walkers. She either had to die with Lori during childbirth, or not long after from natural causes for her death to work on the show as an infant. I'm thinking she'll be around for a while.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #648
JonKent
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just my opinion but, I don't think the general audience could handle little ass kickers death, might be one of the story points from the comics that has to stay changed. Maybe after she has a few more years to grow up, but I don't see people being ready to watch an infant get blown away, nor eaten by walkers. She either had to die with Lori during childbirth, or not long after from natural causes for her death to work on the show as an infant. I'm thinking she'll be around for a while.
It might be on the last episode Carl taking over a little from Rick and the core little group left,we're due for another Rick breakdown.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #649
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

Quote:
Very early in the series we had a hint that this happened when they were on the highway but it wasn't explicit and it was done very well if dramatically dark.

So it is possible but it was under different circumstances. There are other ways to handle it too, like off screen/time gap between episodes where the impact is lesser.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #650
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I agree. In fact, I think it's an interesting take on the overall storyline to have a child character on the show who was born into this world. Presuming that the show will run for a few more seasons, it would a good thing to see.

Then again, she could just get blown away during the premiere and all that speculation would be for nothing, but you never know.