Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

She hasn't directed one since season 2.

Forgot about Goyer too.

H.E.(R?)
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #752
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Is anyone just a little disappointed that season 4 Gov isn't looking more like the comic character?

Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #753
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
Is anyone just a little disappointed that season 4 Gov isn't looking more like the comic character?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #754
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ew-life-643748
Quote:
'Walking Dead' Brings New Life to Georgia Town
10:38 AM PDT 10/5/2013 by The Associated Press

Grantville, 49 miles southwest of Atlanta, is among a handful of rural towns undergoing a renaissance thanks to the AMC show.

GRANTVILLE, Ga. (AP) — When the cotton mill closed, the rural Georgia town of Grantville began a slow transformation into a ghost town.

Residents fled. Storefronts faded. Buildings decayed.

Over the decades, time turned the remains of the town into something almost post-apocalyptic, the perfect modern-day set for humans and "walkers" to attack one another. That's how the hugely popular TV show The Walking Dead ended up coming to town and bringing new life to Grantville.

Several key scenes in one episode from the AMC series were filmed on and near a one-block stretch of antique buildings on Grantville's Main Street.

The series' fourth season premieres on Oct. 13. Crews have been filming the new episodes in Georgia, but they keep locations of future episodes closely guarded secrets until the shows air.

In Grantville, the town's ruins were featured prominently last season. Bodies of walkers slain on the show were buried in a vacant lot beneath the brick archway remaining from a cotton mill building. Gunshots were fired from a nearby rooftop.

And actor Chandler Riggs, who plays a boy on the show, entertained himself between scenes by placing pennies on the railroad tracks, the coins soon smashed into souvenirs by passing freight trains.

Now, every Saturday, visitors from around the country and the world turn off Interstate 85 and onto a two-lane highway that leads to the tiny town 49 miles southwest of Atlanta.

Since last summer, more than 3,600 visitors have taken a free tour led by Grantville Mayor Jim Sells, who explains where each scene from the "Clear" episode -- during which the character Morgan makes it his mission to "clear" walkers by killing them -- was filmed.

Visitors have come from as far as Australia, Singapore and Brazil, giving new life to the town through tourism, Sells said. He calls it phenomenal, but adds: "We don't understand it."

"Nobody came after they filmed Lawless and Broken Bridges here," he said, referring to movies shot in the town.

"But once this episode aired from The Walking Dead, people started showing up from all over."

The cotton textile industry once fueled the economy of Grantville and the other towns in Coweta County, where a stretch of Interstate 85 is named the Alan Jackson Highway, for the country singer who grew up in nearby Newnan and wrote the 1993 hit song about the Chattahoochee River.

Grantville eventually became known by residents in the area as "the liquor exit" — it's the only place in Coweta County to buy bottled liquor. But Sells said that "when textiles left, this town died."

Then came the film crews.

Though Union troops destroyed train stations in many Georgia towns near the end of the Civil War, Grantville's survived. The mayor recalled how Walking Dead production crews took just four hours to transform the old freight depot into a restaurant where actors battled zombies. The trains a few feet away occasionally interrupted filming, Sells said, since railroads typically don't share train schedules with film crews.

Grantville is among a handful of rural Georgia towns undergoing a renaissance, thanks to the AMC show.

In nearby Senoia, many scenes are filmed in the historic downtown area, transforming into the fictional town of Woodbury for the show.

In Haralson, tours are offered each weekend for fans to enter the barn that was the scene of an ambush. They can hold an M16 out the same window as one Walking Dead actor did.

Other tours are offered in Atlanta, where a memorable scene from the show's first season was filmed atop the roof of the old Norfolk Southern headquarters on the southern edge of downtown. Another key scene — a massive battle involving dozens of walkers and a military tank — took place in the Fairlie-Poplar Historic District.

On a recent Saturday in Grantville, visitors gathered at Station 22 Grill, as groups do every Saturday, to watch the "Clear" episode, the 12th in the show's third season. Production crews blocked off Main Street for 15 days for filming. Many townspeople know the dialogue by heart. A dishwasher behind the bar mouths the words: "You said that you would turn on your radio every day at dawn. ... And you were not there!"

When the episode ends, more than 50 people gather around Sells. He leads them around town and then inside a second-story apartment, the hideout used by one of the characters in the show. The walls are covered with chalk-drawn rantings as they were during filming. The small-animal cages, used to hold rabbits and other bait for walkers, and a couple of rifles are there, too.

On this day, tourists from as far as New York and Indiana are in the group. Jamie Silvey, 36, of Huntsville, Ala., said she had traveled to Georgia for three Walking Dead tours. She had already taken an Atlanta tour and planned to hit Senoia the next day. And Daniel Bradley of Warner Robins, Ga., said, "Once I found out all this was here, I just wanted to get a little piece of it."

Sells said The Walking Dead and other filming have revived interest and optimism for Grantville's future. He recalled how last month, actor Jim Carrey signed autographs and posed for photos in Grantville after filming scenes for Dumb and Dumber To.

Now, Sells hopes The Walking Dead draws enough attention and visitors to Grantville that perhaps new businesses will locate there.

"We could use a grocery store, a drug store, a daycare," the mayor said.
Umm....
Quote:
And actor Chandler Riggs, who plays a boy on the show
Good to know the people writing about the show actually watch it.

H.E.(R?)
Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #755
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Chandler plays a boy? I didn't catch that.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #756
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

I thought he played a grapefruit.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Old 10-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #757
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just started watching this, its taken me a while to get round to it, but finished season 1 and halfway through season 2 so far. Its took me a few episodes to get into it, but its good, and I am slightly hooked now.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #758
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Just started watching this, its taken me a while to get round to it, but finished season 1 and halfway through season 2 so far. Its took me a few episodes to get into it, but its good, and I am slightly hooked now.
Welcome to the insanity!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #759
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Marathon of all three seasons starts tonight on AMC.

I want to watch, but I'm also trying to finish up the last season of Breaking Bad. I can't handle this kind of pressure.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #760
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna View Post
Welcome to the insanity!
Thanks, had a feeling from watching the show so far it would cause some controversy, coming into TWD thread proved that!

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #761
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Gotta say, I'm not too excited for this upcoming season. I hope my low expectations lead me into loving this season.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #762
Travesty
TEOL

My roommate has been catching up on season 3, and I love watching her watch TWD. It's pretty funny hearing her scream.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #763
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...cover-20131009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Gotta say, I'm not too excited for this upcoming season. I hope my low expectations lead me into loving this season.
Yeah I'm not as excited for this season as I was for seasons 2 and 3, but hopefully that changes this Sunday.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #764
bullets
bang bang

I think the show has been excellent so far. Can't wait for season 4 on Sunday!

Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #765
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I only watch it anymore for the ongoing antics of Carl...

Old 10-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #766
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Andrew Lincoln on season 4:

Quote:
The scripts, storytelling, and character development for this season have been astonishing. And just wait because it builds and builds in very different and unique ways.

They have character pushing drama in all aspects this season. I think we’re bringing back the scares as well. Last season was thrilling because it was an action-packed rollercoaster ride, but it’s almost like they’re making it much more of a psychological thriller and horror show. Don’t get me wrong… I think this mid-season finale is the biggest and bravest episode we’ve ever done, so we’re not without the action sequences.

I’ve always been of the opinion that repetition is death. We’re doing something so crazy anyway… why don’t we keep trying to push and reinvent it? We have a responsibility to the people on the other side of the camera to tell the story that you guys deserve. There are two episodes this season that I think are the best episodes we’ve ever had and I’m not in either of them.

Last year, you mentioned that you were going to try to catch up on The Walking Dead comic book series. Were you able to read any of it?

Andrew Lincoln: I absolutely did! Robert Kirkman kept to his word and sent me a very heavy bundle of books. I read to a certain point that I felt was apt this season. I’m really pleased as well, because there’s one book in particular, and I won’t say much about it, but the hardcore fanbase is going to be thrilled to see one particular episode this season.

It’s an incredible thing and I love what you said about the pacing of the first two episodes, because the book is like that. [*Note: We discussed the first two episodes before the interview technically started, but it has been omitted to avoid spoilers] It was great to return to it because it’s slow and seeps in, and it’s terribly shocking. I love the rhythm of the book. Robert has done a tremendous job of exploring these new characters and having the shockingly terrible bursts. I like the balance of the book and no wonder it’s been so successful. That man has an incredibly twisted imagination…
http://dailydead.com/exclusive-walki...ndrew-lincoln/

Old 10-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #767
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

This season better be good.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #768
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Jesus, Rick looks old on that Rolling Stone cover. Stupid Zombie Apocalypse.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #769
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
They're going to make it bad just to spite you.

H.E.(R?)
Old 10-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #770
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
They're going to make it bad just to spite you.
If they even tried, I'd go all Heisenberg on their ass

Quote:
Old 10-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #771
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
What the show has been lacking so far for me is the sense of danger that the comics have created, because the comics have subscribed very much to the George RR Martin style of storytelling.

No character is safe. When you turn the page, you're actually afraid for the characters.

Aside from Rick really, anybody in the comics is fair game to die. However, since Dale, the show has either only killed characters that no one cared about, or characters that were already pretty much universally disliked.

And the show has pulled it's punches a bit in showing the complete depravity that the surviving humans are capable of. The Governor in the comics was the perfect realization of the overall theme of TWD: "In a world filled with monsters, the real monsters are the humans who survive." The Governor in the show never quite reached that level. He got close, but it wasn't there.

In short, I hope the show stops pulling it's punches and gets a little gutsier. I want to fear for the characters I love, and right now I don't, because I don't think the creators have the balls to kill of likable characters.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 10-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #772
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Also, you guys should check out the YMS: Walking dead seasons 1&2 video on youtube. It does a very good job pointing out a lot of the flaws the show has. I still love the show overall, but the guy has a lot of very good points.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 10-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #773
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

They just announced at NY Comic-Con that Michael Cudlitz will be playing Abraham. Brought him out on stage as a surprise guest.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #774
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Also, I was at NYCC today, but had no patience to wait on line all day to get into that panel.

But I got this hoodie:

I saw one Merle cosplayer and at least three Ricks out on the convention floor today.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #775
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
They just announced at NY Comic-Con that Michael Cudlitz will be playing Abraham. Brought him out on stage as a surprise guest.

Cool, looks like the part, although I still wish they got Ron Perlman.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread