Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #51
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Default Re: Assassin's Creed IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Wasn't Liberation marketed as "Assassin's Creed III: Liberation"?

Speaking of which, I tried playing that on my brother's Vita the other day and just couldn't get into it. But I would've loved to have seen that get ported to the PS3.
Eh, doesn't really count since it isn't a console release.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #52
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
I'm not digging that it's only going to be a year for the next numbered game. They should have taken their time like with two and three. The fact that it's now numbered and subtitled just means they are rushing to get it out. This is also hardly a new setting, it take place, what, maybe 30-50 years before ACIII?

ACIV should have been set all in the present with the Assassins and possibly Templars trying to take down Juno.
I thought they would have learned from the buggy mess that was ACIII

Speaking of AC3...the first act was great. 2nd act was horrible...and the 3rd act where Connor is a bit more interesting was good. But over-all, a weak character. Doesn't help that I hated that era.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #53
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I don't care if it was a year dev time or 6 months. It's Assassins Creed with pirates. I'm glad it's coming out sooner rather than later

Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #54
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

So those Knight Templars....yeah.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #55
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Can't wait to assassinate pirates and steal their booty! Arrrr!

A pirates life for me? Although if its coming out this year I'm going to kinda disappointed as ACIII only came out last year...this franchise doesn't seem to have alot of breathing room. Its Ubisoft's "Call of Duty" it seems. Only difference is that its good?

Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
I was pretty much disappointed with AC III, it didn't kill my overall enthusiasm I had for the series but I can't seem to get excited for this one since despite it having an IV moniker this feels more like Brotherhood & Revelations rather than a true AC IV game.

I like the naval combat in III but is it enough to sustain sustain interest for a whole game? Might be for some but I don't think it'd be for me, we'll see however, and maybe it's just me but I wish for once they'd just let us engage into the whole assassins vs templars without the Animus aspect, considering how lame they've had handled the sci-fi mumbo jumbo I'm not looking forward what they'll do post-Desmond.
I suspect ACIV's naval combat will be vastly improved, more detailed, and less linear. ACIII's naval missions were outstanding, but they were definitely linear in that you had a specific objective in each one. With piracy, it almost by definition has to be more free roam, allowing you to pick and choose prizes and when and where to strike them. Probably makes boarding enemy ships a more realtime event, too, instead of just a quick cutscene.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #57
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im so burned out from AC. Ubisoft is running the series into the ground

Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #58
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I wonder which studio is developing this, whether it is the same one who worked on ACIII, or a separate team who worked on it while ACIII was being developed.

I also wonder what kind of impact the critical success/failure of ACIII had on this. If people didn't like the Naval combat, would we still have gotten this, or is this just a way to try to get back interest since ACIII wasn't as talked about as most people thought it would be based on the hype it had.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #59
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

a pirates version of AC? count me in!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #60
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Im so burned out from AC. Ubisoft is running the series into the ground
Running it into the ground would be if they kept getting worse and worse but they're not

Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #61
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Running it into the ground would be if they kept getting worse and worse but they're not
they arent getting any better. The series has grown stagnant and they keep pushing them year after year with no significant improvements to be found. I think the series could use a break. 6 games in 6 years is too much

Old 02-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #62
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

The series was going stagnant after Brotherhood and Revelations but the new setting, gameplay elements and character in AC III helped to change the course of the series. AC IV will continue to alter the series enough to prevent it from getting stale.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #63
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
The series was going stagnant after Brotherhood and Revelations but the new setting, gameplay elements and character in AC III helped to change the course of the series. AC IV will continue to alter the series enough to prevent it from getting stale.
IDA. I had high hopes for ACIII and it was my most anticipated title of this past fall but it was a disappointment. I thought learning that a different team had worked on it and had been doing since in secret for years meant it had so much potential to be bigger and better than the ones they were releasing annually, but that wasn't the case. I had more fun with AC2 and Brotherhood and well Ezio's tale at the end of the day. IMO, AC2 was the peak of the series with Brotherhood being a minor improvement. Its been on a slow decline since though

ETA: Wow, just read the description on the front page and see that this game will focus on the naval missions which were easily my least favorite addition to the game in 3. Looks like I'll be sitting this next one out

Last edited by Havok83; 02-28-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #64
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Doubt it. Two and three had a 3 year development each. The differences were significant. IV is only getting a year, not much time for a significant improvement.

If they had just gone ahead and left out the "IV", it would be a different story. I certainly would be more forgiving seeing as how this is clearly a spinoff in the same manor Brotherhood and Revelations was.

Last edited by AxlsAppetite; 02-28-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #65
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
IDA. I had high hopes for ACIII and it was my most anticipated title of this past fall but it was a disappointment. I thought learning that a different team had worked on it and had been doing since in secret for years meant it had so much potential to be bigger and better than the ones they were releasing annually, but that wasn't the case. I had more fun with AC2 and Brotherhood and well Ezio's tale at the end of the day. IMO, AC2 was the peak of the series with Brotherhood being a minor improvement. Its been on a slow decline since though
While I still enjoyed ACIII, and thought it as the best game overall since ACII, I would also consider it a failure. I came here so many times saying it would be GOTY, but by the end of the year, the fact that it wasn't really in the conversation for most people was very telling of just how little people thought about it.

And like Axls said, had they kept the "IV" out, I would probably be more excited. But its very questionable now since it's not clear how long they're been working on this, especially since they still have the Tyranny of Washington being released.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #66
Frico
Live by the creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
So, if Edward is Haytham's father, that would put him right smack in the ideal time and setting for a full-on pirates game, which is apparently what we're getting. Early 18th century "Pirates of the Caribbean" (minus Jack Sparrow) will put Edward in the same seas/era as Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, Henry Morgan (of spiced rum fame), Anne Bonny and Mary Read, Calico Jack, The Dread Pirate Roberts....

Arrrrrr. Get yer pirate on, matey.
This is what has me excited the most TBH. I'm in the same boat as those who wanted to see Connor again/an entirely new character and setting as well but a pirate themed AC has potential. Totally was NOT expecting the new assassin to be Edward Kenway however...Cover art looks great though. We'll see.

Ahoy matey! (I had to )

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #67
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I don't see why you're all worried about the development time, Im pretty sure its been confirmed before the game's anouncement that AC4 had a different developer

Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #68
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

naval battles were the best part of ac3, i'm excited.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #69
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Wasn't Liberation marketed as "Assassin's Creed III: Liberation"?
Have no idea. I'm just talking about the main console games as they're really my only continuity of the AC series.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #70
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Maybe they'll change the name to Assassin's Creed: Black Flag considering it's more or less an expansion to ACIII. Same engine, same era and being about Kenways.

Do you guys think it possible that Desmond had a sibling?

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #71
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Maybe William uses the Animus.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #72
Frosty81
Side-Kick

Trailer on Monday?

Old 03-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #73
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
Maybe they'll change the name to Assassin's Creed: Black Flag considering it's more or less an expansion to ACIII. Same engine, same era and being about Kenways.
and yet they'll charge you full price.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #74
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Yeah... because it's still a full game. Look at ACB and ACR.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #75
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Yeah and i think a good number people skipped those ones. I know there were a lot of people who played AC1 and AC2 and just came back for AC3.

I think it's a bit lazy that. It works for the COD series but is that a model that should be adopted for a game series like AC? I think it alienates your base to introduce a game with all new innovations and settings than you have to wait two more games in that series to get the next set of innovations and setting changes.

Closed Thread