Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #276
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
C'mon people never believe what IMDB says until well after the film is released.
IMDB always pops up information like these prior to the release...
from IM1 to Avengers, there had been many fake sources originating from IMDB.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #277
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
IMDB always pops up information like these prior to the release...
from IM1 to Avengers, there had been many fake sources originating from IMDB.
It's like the go-to site for trolls and fake insiders.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #278
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I find this little science debate hilarious. I still want to know how tony survived get sniped by a tank and survived the resulting coalition into the ground when his armor has no shock absorption. When you answer than then i'll worry about his oxygen supply.
The resulting what?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #279
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Iron Man 3 will have its world premiere in Beijing on April 6th, according to a member of the boxoffice.com forums. RDJ is scheduled to arrive on April 4th, his birthday. The person who posted the information might attend the premiere. He has been a great source of info and is a fan, so hopefully he'll post his thoughts on the film if he gets to go.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #280
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

A little more speculation about Stark's alleged jaunt into space.

We all know that the deep space armor is all but confirmed. The circumstances surrounding his *use* of said suit are not confirmed, but I think most of us here have heard the rumors floating around it and pretty much accept the alleged post-credit scene as verbatim. It makes sense, as a bridge between GOTG and the other Phase II movies.

Here's the questions, though....two in particular:

1) If Tony gets a distress signal from Star-Lord and flies off to investigate: the question is....why?

I think he'd have to know Quill beforehand, and trust him enough to risk his own ass to fly off into deep space alone to try to save him. I don't think Tony Stark would be stupid enough to just fly off all "TO INFINITY...AND BEYOND!" over some mystery SOS from some guy in a weird mask he doesn't even know. So there's got to be a prior connection between Tony Stark and Peter Quill.

2) How the heck does he fly into deep space, anyway?

It's one thing for Tony to build a spacesuit that would let him fly into orbit and maybe to the moon. It's another to go to the frickin' other side of the galaxy --- or *another* galaxy, as Gunn insinuated today. Tony Stark is a genius, but he's not going to just casually solve the age-old problem of FTL travel overnight.

So, does Star-Lord, or Thanos, or some other cosmic force open a wormhole/portal for Tony to fly into? Or is it a case of Dr. Selvig and/or Jane Foster actually learning how to create wormholes/bridges right here on Midgard --- uh, Earth, and Stark using their theories/gadgets to warp across the cosmos?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #281
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm excited to see IM's space travel, but ir's weird that he got to flew in space before Thor who's a cosmic level hero.

So hopefully we get some space flight from Thor at some point in Thor:The Dark World as well.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #282
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

why'd they Rami-ise it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #283
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

We all know that the deep space armor is all but confirmed. The circumstances surrounding his *use* of said suit are not confirmed, but I think most of us here have heard the rumors floating around it and pretty much accept the alleged post-credit scene as verbatim. It makes sense, as a bridge between GOTG and the other Phase II movies.

1) If Tony gets a distress signal from Star-Lord and flies off to investigate: the question is....why?

I think he'd have to know Quill beforehand, and trust him enough to risk his own ass to fly off into deep space alone to try to save him. I don't think Tony Stark would be stupid enough to just fly off all "TO INFINITY...AND BEYOND!" over some mystery SOS from some guy in a weird mask he doesn't even know. So there's got to be a prior connection between Tony Stark and Peter Quill.

It's one thing for Tony to build a spacesuit that would let him fly into orbit and maybe to the moon. It's another to go to the frickin' other side of the galaxy --- or *another* galaxy, as Gunn insinuated today. Tony Stark is a genius, but he's not going to just casually solve the age-old problem of FTL travel overnight.

So, does Star-Lord, or Thanos, or some other cosmic force open a wormhole/portal for Tony to fly into? Or is it a case of Dr. Selvig and/or Jane Foster actually learning how to create wormholes/bridges right here on Midgard --- uh, Earth, and Stark using their theories/gadgets to warp across the cosmos?

1. Tony is now aware that aliens are a huge threat to the Earth, so he has JARVIS scanning space for signs of trouble. Once he gets an SOS from deep space, in English no less, he probably sees it as his duty to go head the threat off before it reaches Earth. Again.

2. One word: Wormholes. Or three words: Einstein-Rosen Bridges. Tony traveled through one to the far side of the universe to nuke the Chitauri, so he can do it again.

Stark presumably has equipment that can detect or even create wormholes, just as SHIELD could detect them. Assuming his suit can travel through space faster than current NASA technology allows (which wouldn't be hard to imagine) Tony could locate a nearby wormhole/Einstein-Rosen bridge and shoot off to wherever Star Lord is. It's even conceivable that Quill sent him the coordinates of a convenient wormhole. Either way, it isn't that much of a stretch that Tony could cover interstellar distances in his deep space armor.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #284
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
1. Tony is now aware that aliens are a huge threat to the Earth, so he has JARVIS scanning space for signs of trouble. Once he gets an SOS from deep space, in English no less, he probably sees it as his duty to go head the threat off before it reaches Earth. Again.

2. One word: Wormholes. Or three words: Einstein-Rosen Bridges. Tony traveled through one to the far side of the universe to nuke the Chitauri, so he can do it again.

Stark presumably has equipment that can detect or even create wormholes, just as SHIELD could detect them. Assuming his suit can travel through space faster than current NASA technology allows (which wouldn't be hard to imagine) Tony could locate a nearby wormhole/Einstein-Rosen bridge and shoot off to wherever Star Lord is. It's even conceivable that Quill sent him the coordinates of a convenient wormhole. Either way, it isn't that much of a stretch that Tony could cover interstellar distances in his deep space armor.
Yikes. You've got a lot more faith that humanity has already unlocked the secrets to interstellar travel even before GOTG begins.

The only wormholes/interstellar travel we've seen in the MCU have all involved aliens and gods, not mankind. The portal in Avengers was created by Loki, and even he had to have a lot of prep time and mind-slave henchmen to get it up and running. (The Chitauri gate, that is; he didn't seem to have much trouble just zapping himself into the JDEM facility at the beginning.)

And there's no indication that Selvig or Foster have ever created a wormhole, although they seem to be getting close. I'd say that the events of the Avengers should give them that boost.

But Stark Industries, or even SHIELD? No way. Interstellar travel would be a paradigm shift in human history. I don't think it's happened yet --- nothing created by human hands.

That's why I think either the Guardians would have to open the portal to let Space Tony fly away at the end of IM3, or else Selvig/Foster have advanced the Einstein-Rosen bridge theory into practical usage, and there'll be a direct tie-in to TDW. Heck, they could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and make a post-cred scene that leads in to both GOTG *and* TDW.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #285
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
why'd they Rami-ise it?

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #286
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

I wonder if they can take the Negative Zone.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #287
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Turn it ORANGE like the Rami Spidey films

....to every King.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #288
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

....to every King.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #289
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I wonder if they can take the Negative Zone.
Apperently you're completely oblivious to who owns the FF4 rights.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #290
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Apperently you're completely oblivious to who owns the FF4 rights.
I'm not. That why I said "take" :3. MWAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #291
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm excited to see IM's space travel, but ir's weird that he got to flew in space before Thor who's a cosmic level hero.

So hopefully we get some space flight from Thor at some point in Thor:The Dark World as well.
My man, as much as it pains me to say this, It's more than likely not going to happen. in terms of flight, I will be SHOCKED if we even simply get anything more than what we've seen. Unfortunately

Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #292
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yikes. You've got a lot more faith that humanity has already unlocked the secrets to interstellar travel even before GOTG begins.

The only wormholes/interstellar travel we've seen in the MCU have all involved aliens and gods, not mankind.
Wasn't the device that opened the portal created by Selvig? At least it was implied as he told Loki what he needed from Germany and also at the end he said he built a backdoor in to turn the machine off implying he knows how it works. Therefore Selvig built it. Maybe Loki gave him knowledge, but surely he may have retained that knowledge. However that wasn't even hinted at. From the Avengers, at least to me it seemed as though Selvig built the device to harness the power of the cube and open the portal.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #293
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
Wasn't the device that opened the portal created by Selvig? At least it was implied as he told Loki what he needed from Germany and also at the end he said he built a backdoor in to turn the machine off implying he knows how it works. Therefore Selvig built it. Maybe Loki gave him knowledge, but surely he may have retained that knowledge. However that wasn't even hinted at. From the Avengers, at least to me it seemed as though Selvig built the device to harness the power of the cube and open the portal.
It was a combination of Loki's "travelling" experience and the knowledge that the Cube imparted that allowed Selvig to create the portal. I think it'll be interesting to find out how much of that cosmic knowledge, if any, was retained by Selvig in TDW and future films. It's a great plot device Marvel screenwriters can choose to reuse, and I think they will. (Selvig may now be the smartest man in the MCU.)

In any event, unless IM3 makes mention of Selvig's newfound knowledge to create more of those such portal generators, then the simple fact is that humanity still doesn't have access to that technology or intel. If they did --- whether it was Stark, or Fury, or the World Security Council, or whomever --- they damn sure wouldn't have sandbagged during the Battle of New York. They would've used every tool at their disposal to keep Earth from getting overrun/destroyed; i.e., just like in ID4, they would've had to play all their cards and reveal whatever "Area 51" secrets they were sitting on to fight back against the Chitauri.

Plus, if Stark already had access to portals/FTL travel, it makes no sense that IM3 would be about him becoming paranoid about the Chitauri and Asgardians.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #294
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

As far as timeline IM3 may be after Thor. Does anyone know where each Phase 2 film is on the timeline?

Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #295
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:

I think it'll amount to Stark simply intercepting a transmission, probably from Star Lord who we'll see on Starks HUD, warning of a great threat coming to Earth. No flying off into Deep Space or showing up in GotG (another reason for which is contractual, RDJ currently isn't signed for more pictures).

Remeber, this will be a mid/post-credit scene, it's got to be short, simple & to the point.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #296
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkingbird View Post
i'm not. That why i said "take" :3. Mwahahahahahah

lol

- CM Punk
Old 03-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #297
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin View Post
i think it'll amount to stark simply intercepting a transmission, probably from star lord who we'll see on starks hud, warning of a great threat coming to earth. No flying off into deep space or showing up in gotg (another reason for which is contractual, rdj currently isn't signed for more pictures).

Remeber, this will be a mid/post-credit scene, it's got to be short, simple & to the point.
bingo.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #298
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
The resulting what?
"collision" lol my auto spell check app when wonky

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #299
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
I think it'll amount to Stark simply intercepting a transmission, probably from Star Lord who we'll see on Starks HUD, warning of a great threat coming to Earth. No flying off into Deep Space or showing up in GotG (another reason for which is contractual, RDJ currently isn't signed for more pictures).

Sounds about right.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #300
PokeJ
Side-Kick

Where is the 2 days poster? I expect Pepper will be on it!

Closed Thread