Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #976
mc_scorpion
Newbie First Class

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch
I didn't notice any explosions...just pepper in a bra
I mean two different scenes of the trailer that probably belong together.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's the explosion at 1:43, directly after the shirtless guy throws the silver armour...

Old 03-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #977
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
animated it has to be 78.1, that's what it tells me when I try to upload the Hulkbuster TIA made, edit see mine isn't moving?

Barrels. Interesting look. Very slimming.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #978
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_scorpion View Post
I mean two different scenes of the trailer that probably belong together.
It's the explosion at 1:43, directly after the shirtless guy throws the silver armour...
I know, I was joking

Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #979
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Vartha, some mods for some reason still have the 80kb limit. Everyone else have 109.3 kb.

see

Probably Hunter or C. Lee could get it fixed for ya.
I know nothing about avatars....Hunter made mine.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #980
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

4 UHQ 1080p screengrabs I took (I upped the brightness on the last two).

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #981
ctsketch
Side-Kick

It looks like Rhodey in the green hanging on the wire?

Also who is that with the cane?!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #982
Marvolo
Side-Kick

There's a nice long interview at Slashfilm with Kevin Feige and Shane Black, but one of the most insanely cool things I learned, and didn't know in it, is the whole Air Force One scene was shot for real, with real people falling. It's not CGI or anything like that. That's insanely cool.

Quote:
How did the Air Force One action scene develop and get shot?

Black: Well the filming of it was interesting. We decided early on, Drew and I, that I wanted to- I like hijack stuff and I wanted to have people in the sky, just falling, and Iron Man is confronted with that image and he’s got to get them out of it somehow. The challenge was on the days we said, “Well we’d really love to do this, but we don’t want to do just green screen, can we just toss people out of a plane?” and they said, “Well that would probably be unethical.” But we found the Redbull Skydiving team that was willing to jump out of a plane and have their backpacks erased digitally. It’s kind of compelling, the first images you see of people falling in clothes, because people are always in jumpsuits, orange or yellow jumpsuits, and when you just see some girl in a skirt and a guy in a business suit falling it’s pretty scary.

Feige: Over the course of almost a week, we did 8 to 10 jumps a day, for a week. It was amazing, amazing footage.
Check out the rest here:

Interview: ‘Iron Man 3′ Director Shane Black and Producer Kevin Feige Talk Expectations, Phase 2, Post Credit Sequences and More Marvel Movies

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #983
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

That's awesome. Practical effects for the win.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #984
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
It looks like Rhodey in the green hanging on the wire?

Also who is that with the cane?!

That's definitely Rhodey; the green shirt is the same one he was wearing in the scene with Tony. I think that the person with the cane might be Szostak's character, but I'm not certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
There's a nice long interview at Slashfilm with Kevin Feige and Shane Black, but one of the most insanely cool things I learned, and didn't know in it, is the whole Air Force One scene was shot for real, with real people falling. It's not CGI or anything like that. That's insanely cool.

Check out the rest here:

Interview: ‘Iron Man 3′ Director Shane Black and Producer Kevin Feige Talk Expectations, Phase 2, Post Credit Sequences and More Marvel Movies
There are set videos of that stunt being performed on YouTube.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #985
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Wasn't their set pics of them filing that scene with everyone hanging from wires?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #986
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Wasn't their set pics of them filing that scene with everyone hanging from wires?
There was. They may have filmed it in several different ways.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #987
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
there were also pics of people in suits landing on a beach with parachutes though

Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #988
ctsketch
Side-Kick

they probably skydived for the falling part and used wires for the rescue part

Old 03-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #989
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post

Check out the rest here:

Yeah, this sequence is is probably going to top most of MCU action scenes we've seen thus far.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #990
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I know some are loathe to say it, but it's very Michael Bay to do that. That is the one thing I will always give that dude props for, practical effects work.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #991
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I know some are loathe to say it, but it's very Michael Bay to do that. That is the one thing I will always give that dude props for, practical effects work.
The problem with Michael Bay isn't his effects work. Those are usually great. His problem is he thinks of the effects or scenes he wants to do, then writes a story to fit those. It's backward. You should write a story first, THEN find interesting scenes/effects that fit it.

like the glide suits in transformers 3. He knew he wanted them in the movie, so he wrote the story to fit them in. Reverse creativity isn't creativity.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #992
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

That's not reverse creativity. That's just creativity with an emphasis on stunts rather than story.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #993
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I think it would be creative if he managed to do that and make it work, but I don't feel he does.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #994
Visceral
Side-Kick

If I wanted to read the bleeding edge armor story where would I go to find that?

EDIT:

And i am about the biggest RB Air Force fan, i wonder if Dashier was in the scene.

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog

Last edited by Visceral; 03-06-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #995
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

That black and red suit in the wine cellar right in the middle reminds me of Any Man for some reason.. idk why though lol

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #996
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
That's not reverse creativity. That's just creativity with an emphasis on stunts rather than story.
I call it reverse creativity because you're not building something with essence. A stunt doesn't make essence. If it did, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon would me the best film ever. To me, he starting with the final step and working backward

Old 03-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #997
Chris B
Side-Kick

I can't say enough how glad I am that the Iron Legion will be composed of different individual suits and not just duplicates of the Mark 42. Kudos to them including some of the fan favorite suits in there as well.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #998
protocida
Side-Kick

So, I'm guessing...

Tony has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and keeps making suits. Stark Industries is working with A.I.M, which is run by Aldrich Killian, and announces the creation of the Extremis Virus made by Tony's old flame Dr. Maya Hansen.

Tony goes to China and gets Extremis injected into himself by Dr. Wu, and I believe he sabotages the procedure. Tony gets back to America, and makes the Mark 42. Pepper isn't much happy about it. Meanwhile, Killian is secretly producing Extremis soldiers for The Mandarin. Rhodes' War Machine is turned into the Iron Patriot.

The Mandarin announces that he'll bomb the Grauman Chinese Theater, which he does, injuring Happy Hogan in the process. Tony creates the H.A.P.Py suit before Happy dies, and calls out The Mandarin. Meanwhile, Maya finds out Killian might have been using the Extremis in shady stuff and goes to inform Tony when the Mandarin bombs his house, although Tony, Pepper and Maya survive.

The President declares war on The Mandarin, and the Iron Patriot is called to provide security for Air Force One. However, it's actually Jack Taggert in the armor, and Eric Savin is infiltrated in the staff. They sabotage the plane just as Tony finds out Rhodes in not in the armor. He goes, saves some of the staff, but the President is killed and The Mandarin disables Tony's suit just as he's passing Tennessee.

Tony ends up in the Davis' family barn, where he meets Harley and his mom. Meanwhile, Rhodes begins to investigate Killian with Maya's help, and Pepper is kidnapped by Killian and taken to the AIM hideout at the construction site, where Killian, Savin and Taggart become Extremis Soldiers.

Tony gets his suit working, returns to America and meets with Maya, who fixes the Extremis in his bloodstream. Tony and Rhodes then infiltrate AIM and rescue Pepper. Tony summons the Iron Legion and gets inside the Heartbreaker. Big battle between the Iron Legion and the Extremis Soldiers. H.A.P.Py is destroyed, Heartbreaker is destroyed, so Tony pieces together another one, and finally the Extremis armor, defeating Killian. Pepper dons the Rescue armor, and eventually Savin and Taggert are defeated as well.

Maya disables all Extremis technology, and Tony dons the revisited Mark I to confront The Mandarin at his palace is Villa Vicayza. The Mandarin is defeated and imprisioned. Happy ending, Tony and Pepper reunite, Maya goes her own way, Rhodes gets back to being War Machine.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #999
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Collider posted 30-something screen grabs from the trailer. Among them was the best shot yet of Tony diving into the armor off the oil refinery. Can anyone identify the armor? It doesn't look like a modified Mark I to me because it has red in it, or a Mark XLII since it isn't predominantly cream/gold.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #1000
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

^^ that sounds pretty good

^ that is definitely the Hypervelocity armor from the Iron Man 2 toyline, which they now finally feature in a film.

Closed Thread