The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #251
JimJimBinks
A friend

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm thinking it would be hard to show off an actual action shot between Superman and Zod because it'll very likely be a short of two CG models. It would look great in motion, not so much in a still.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #252
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I want to see an action shot of Zod and Supes fighting, ala:

What do i actually think we'll get? Probably another poster that's just a shot we've already seen in the trailer, or maybe if we're lucky, an offical shot of Lois Lane.

I really really wouldn't. The idea of reading it and being dissapointed before even seeing the film is much much too terrifying

Though I suppose if everyone was talking about it and saying how amazing it was....
I am dying for a picture like this! It just MUST happen.

And I wouldn't even Blink at that script. Not even temped.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #253
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

I've been watching red carpet events in Youtube (instead of finishing my paper), and they look so fun and exciting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9pyMRTXKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj4o088ASdM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNpcW7XO8S0

I wonder, though, what type of special decorational "gimmick" they have prepared for the MOS one. Like, in the TASM one they had a guy in a Spidey outfit jumping around, and plenty of web-based decorations; in the Transfomers one they had giant replicas of the robots; the POTC was held at Disneyland, the Pearl Harbor one was held at a freaking airplane carrier; the Titanic one had a giant ship that would split apart and then go back upright again (inappropriate); the TDK one actually had a Tumbler in it, which was pretty cool... but I can't think of anything for MOS, Superman doesn't lend itself to any of that stuff. What can they do, exploding Krypton piñatas? It would have been cool to hold it at Plano, a.k.a. Smallville, in one of those big roadside fields, with, like, trucks driving by behind them, lol... dunno. I hope they come up with something cool. Can't wait to see the live event, I just love that kind of stuff.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #254
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think it's past time they did a Zod reveal, I'm thinking surely we have to get a new image this week

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #255
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think it's past time they did a Zod reveal, I'm thinking surely we have to get a new image this week
Well technically we have had one official pic of Zod, in the Empire magazine spread...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #256
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Yeah I know but I rep executing a reveal like they did with Bane for TDKR. But maybe they won't

Old 03-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #257
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Are you talking to yourself?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #258
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #259
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

looks that way, but it was probably towards hopefuldreamer

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #260
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

This is what happens when there is no news. We end up talking to ourselves.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #261
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Why not a poster instead?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #262
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Yeah, that's my guess: poster next.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #263
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

How about a series of character posters featuring the major players in this little blockbuster of WB's? One for Zod, Lois, Jor-El, Faora, etc.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #264
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
How about a series of character posters featuring the major players in this little blockbuster of WB's? One for Zod, Lois, Jor-El, Faora, etc.
Why not?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #265
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

There can be no true despair without hope.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #266
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I quoted the wrong post ha ha

Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #267
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
yes please

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #268
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Yeah I know but I rep executing a reveal like they did with Bane for TDKR. But maybe they won't
Sort of expected them to do that before we saw all the toys and stuff... but hey, I suppose they will give us a more revealing shot of him soon

*\S/T*
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #269
GreenKToo
In the fire

It might be kinda cheesy, but I have thought they should have made a series of posters based off the ''faster than a speeding bullet'', more powerful than a locomotive'', ''able to leap tall buildings in a single bound'' phrase..

Each poster would have an action shot from each corresponding line, with said line below each image, ie, supes dodging or chasing down a bullet in the first one, supes throwing or holding up a train in the second, him flying in the third.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #270
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

If they're going to go with taglines, I'd keep the bulk of your idea, but simplify it to:

"...Faster..." (Title of All-Star Superman #1)
"...More Powerful..."
"...Single Bound..." and
"Believe"

Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #271
JimJimBinks
A friend

Personally I thnk the next poster should go with the same theme as the last one. It can be him in jail, waiting in line at a pay phone to call his lawyer.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #272
Simo
Side-Kick

So a member on another forum I frequent posted their spoiler free impressions of the screening they saw 2 weeks ago but since I don't know the validity of the member I won't repost what he said but if it's true....he seems to be on the "positive" side of the fence.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #273
GreenKToo
In the fire

well, how bout a link??

Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #274
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
well, how bout a link??
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=233

Says he's not a fan of the comics and whatnot but personally regards Batman Begins as his favorite superhero movie and figures MOS ranks along side it.

Mentions the shortcomings of the film is mainly due to the Lois/Clark relationship and should of been left for the sequel to develop it.

Again it's still pretty vague but with some details that it could be legit. I'm not familiar with the user though.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #275
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=233

Says he's not a fan of the comics and whatnot but personally regards Batman Begins as his favorite superhero movie and figures MOS ranks along side it.

Mentions the shortcomings of the film is mainly due to the Lois/Clark relationship and should of been left for the sequel to develop it.

Again it's still pretty vague but with some details that it could be legit. I'm not familiar with the user though.
thanx...if it's true, its really great BECAUSE the poster is not a diehard fan.....

Loved this quote....there will be hyperbole when people see this move. I'm sure of it. That's because it's good, and one of the best superhero movies.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 03-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Closed Thread