The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #401
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
did he have bad recent scoops iyo?
Four words, Wonder Woman fan trailer. That was his latest 'scoop'.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #402
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nice considering its a fan trailer but in general it was pretty bad.

Spill

Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #403
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
There was a similarly long-winded positive, yet vague on details, "review" of The Dark Knight Rises on that forum last May as I recall. That poster's handle seems familiar. Not buying this.

Again... anyone could have written this, folks.
Yeah not sure I buy it tbh, the review was very vague, like you said anyone could have written it.

Also on the El Mayimbe ”scoop” not sure what I believe in that either.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #404
Project862006
Banned User

being vague doesn't make it untrue me personally when i write opinions after seeing a movie i am never specific just give my vague thoughts on action,performances,story,etc.

i don't give plot points,cameos,ending,dialogue,etc.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #405
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm not saying its fake but it is vague so that does make me think possibly its not true. Taken it with a grain of salt.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #406
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

That "review" is obviously faked. No one would break a review embargo and NOT give a few details that prove they have seen it. No one. Try to find early reviews of other highly anticipated movies like this that are as vague and from unreliable/unknown sources. They are all faked.

But if you don't want to believe that there's any easy way to find out. Ask the guy who the first character to speak in the movie is. Or what the first shot shows. Dollars to donuts he won't answer.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #407
Project862006
Banned User

i know not to taken info for granted after everyone here said trailer 2 description was fake and lo and behold he was right

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #408
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i know not to taken info for granted after everyone here said trailer 2 description was fake and lo and behold he was right
Hey, they said the same thing when I dropped the details on the first X-Men FC trailer. But at least those descriptions are detailed and can be proven/debunked. These fake reviews are another animal entirely. Anyone can say "The action was AMAZING and the characterization really made me care about the characters!" Even people who are against posting spoilers would give enough detail so you knew they were legit.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #409
Fedor
Side-Kick

just wanted to let you know, i saw the movie last night.

In my dreams though, but oh man was it good. I can´t described with words how good it was. The most epic movie ever made and the soundtrack was the best Zimmer has done without hesitation. Think of the Dark Knight score x10 combined with Gladiator tunes and a perfect pinch of John Williams drums.

You have never seen a movie like this. I will come back to you with more details as soon as my feelings has settled, if it ever will that is.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #410
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I really really WANT to believe that Bale could return as Batman in JL or WF... but seriously, it feels like too much of a pipe dream.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #411
mohoo
Side-Kick

I'm for a MoS trilogy before anything else, but I don't get it, why is it that hard to bring bale back?

The hero retires in certain circumstances, then he comes back in another. We see this happen all the time.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #412
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
I'm for a MoS trilogy before anything else, but I don't get it, why is it that hard to bring bale back?

The hero retires in certain circumstances, then he comes back in another. We see this happen all the time.
Well, as far as I recall:

1. Bale said that he would only come back if Nolan was involved with the project and if there was a good enough story to tell.

2. Considering on how Bale mentioned in a interview about how he (Bale) made it somewhat of a big deal for him to absorb the moment on his final day of shooting as Batman by taking some downtime alone to really take it all in while still dressed in the costume, I doubt that Bale would so easily go back after that.

3. As far as I'm aware of, the Dark Knight Trilogy was meant to end with Bruce moving on with his life from his role as Batman for good, thus if he suddenly just returned, then it would defeat the entire purpose of having told and made Rises.

Unlike the comics, Bale's Bruce never became Batman because he wanted to dedicate his life to prevent people in general on having to suffer his fate; from what I can tell, it seems like Nolan's Bruce kind of became Batman for some of the wrong reasons, as he was never able to fully deal with the anger that came about when his parents where killed, and his only real big selfless goal was to clear Gotham of the corruption that was plaguing it from his time.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #413
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Because the actor doesn't want to come back.

Spill

Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #414
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Money does talk though and if Nolan gets involved I could see Bale coming back. I just wonder how you explain it really.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #415
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Money does talk though and if Nolan gets involved I could see Bale coming back. I just wonder how you explain it really.
They could just say that Bruce hallucinated the entire thing and is still trapped in the pit while Bane is still in charge of Gotham, thus leaving room for the league members to come in and save the day, thus saving Bruce while he's still Batman

Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #416
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Any news from any reputable sources yet about El Mays scoop?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #417
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well if they went with WF instead of JL, I could see them doing something similar to the animated Batman/Superman movie.

Bruce discovers rumours of a plot to kill Superman (because despite having 'retired' it's in his nature to have been keeping an eye on things). He decides to come back to the world to find more about it, with the intention of just passing the information on and ducking away again - but he ends up caught in something a bit more complicated, and the two have to work together to get to the bottom of it.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #418
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm pretty skeptical of it happening. That said, it would be fairly easy to show bale coming back...Little example, i'm in the fire/ems service. several times i've wanted to get out but I always go back to it..it gets in your blood.

I could see bale's bruce/batman keeping up with the news, listening to the police scanner, etc, because he hates being away from things...Then, something bad happens worldwide. something that WILL destroy the planet..would he really just sit by and watch when the stakes are so high??..I dont think so, no matter how beat up he was.

Again, I dont really believe it, but it would be doable.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #419
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Bale returning and Nolan being in talks makes it pretty certain to me that it's not true at all.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #420
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'm pretty skeptical of it happening. That said, it would be fairly easy to show bale coming back...Little example, i'm in the fire/ems service. several times i've wanted to get out but I always go back to it..it gets in your blood.

I could see bale's bruce/batman keeping up with the news, listening to the police scanner, etc, because he hates being away from things...Then, something bad happens worldwide. something that WILL destroy the planet..would he really just sit by and watch when the stakes are so high??..I dont think so, no matter how beat up he was.

Again, I dont really believe it, but it would be doable.
Completely agreed. And I don't think it ruins the TDKR ending. Alfred's wish wasn't 'you stopped ever doing anything heroic ever again'. It was 'you stopped spending all your time fighting/self destructing, and took some time to be happy and have something resembling a life.'

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #421
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Completely agreed. And I don't think it ruins the TDKR ending. Alfred's wish wasn't 'you stopped ever doing anything heroic ever again'. It was 'you stopped spending all your time fighting/self destructing, and took some time to be happy and have something resembling a life.'
But didn't they also say that Bruce's body is in no condition to really going on and doing this as it is though? Well that, and it'd be pretty hard to take in the fact that if Henry's Clark existed in Nolan's Batman world, that Clark didn't do anything about Gotham when it was being held hostage by Bane when he could have easily done something about it, even in secret.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #422
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
But didn't they also say that Bruce's body is in no condition to really be going on and doing this as it is though? Well that, and it'd be pretty hard to take in the fact that if Henry's Clark existed in Nolan's Batman world, that Clark didn't do anything about Gotham when it was being held hostage by Bane when he could have easily done something about it, even in secret.
Well if he was in an Alaskan fishing village, cut off from the outside world, and far enough away to not be hearing it with his super hearing... he may not have even known

And yeah, his condition is a bit of a 'plot hole'... but then it already was within the film in the first place

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #423
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

And yeah, his condition is a bit of a 'plot hole'... but then it already was within the film in the first place

Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #424
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
But didn't they also say that Bruce's body is in no condition to really going on and doing this as it is though? Well that, and it'd be pretty hard to take in the fact that if Henry's Clark existed in Nolan's Batman world, that Clark didn't do anything about Gotham when it was being held hostage by Bane when he could have easily done something about it, even in secret.
only ridiculous fanboys talk about this the normal person doesn't care

hell most fanboys dont care

trust me no one will say hey why wont thor or captain america show up to help tony in im3

Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #425
JimJimBinks
A friend

Okay, so I have no problem believing they can get Bale back. He made no secret of the fact that he likes the big paycheck from playing Batman. The part that's hard for me to believe is Nolan overseeing Justice League, and the DC Universe on film. It is a serious waste of his talent. I'd much rather he do more original movies.
That being said, he was able to oversee Man Of Steel while still working on Dark Knight Rises, so maybe he's just that good at juggling multiple projects.

It all really does reek of elmayimbe grasping at straws for attention though. The way he dropped the mic, the "Scoop" was more about him than the actual story itself, like it has been many times as of late.

Closed Thread