The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #426
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
only ridiculous fanboys talk about this the normal person doesn't care

hell most fanboys dont care

trust me no one will say hey why wont thor or captain america show up to help tony in im3
You'd be surprised on how many people, both fans and non fans alike, have been bringing up the topic on why doesn't the Avengers aren't helping Tony in IM3, and judging by what's been said about the other films, it seems like they'll be giving reasons as to why they can't help Tony.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #427
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
But didn't they also say that Bruce's body is in no condition to really going on and doing this as it is though? Well that, and it'd be pretty hard to take in the fact that if Henry's Clark existed in Nolan's Batman world, that Clark didn't do anything about Gotham when it was being held hostage by Bane when he could have easily done something about it, even in secret.
He could just as easily have not been Superman yet or even on his journey. And even if he were Superman, the rule was "anyone tries to enter the city, we blow it up." Nobody knew they were actually going to blow it up after the 5 months, as far as they know people were just trapped.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #428
JimJimBinks
A friend

Just had a thought... Remember, the restraunt shot at the end of Avengers was shot just about 3 weeks before the movie was released... If this IS true (And admittedly this is just a pipe-dream) they could conceivably shoot a quick shot for the end of Man Of Steel. Maybe Bruce in Paris just watching the news coverage of whatever went down with Superman.

I'm not saying this will happen. In fact I don't believe there is any way it will happen. But it would be cool.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #429
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
He could just as easily have not been Superman yet or even on his journey. And even if he were Superman, the rule was "anyone tries to enter the city, we blow it up." Nobody knew they were actually going to blow it up after the 5 months, as far as they know people were just trapped.
Well given that he has super speed and that someone like Bruce can easily sneak back in, it wouldn't have been that hard to actually sneak in for Clark and go on unnoticed in order to survey the situation before making a move.

I mean, assuming if his super speed is very fast, then he could have easily taken out all of Bane's men without Bane knowing until it was too late.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #430
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well given that he has super speed and that someone like Bruce can easily sneak back in, it wouldn't have been that hard to actually sneak in for Clark and go on unnoticed in order to survey the situation before making a move.

I mean, assuming if his super speed is very fast, then he could have easily taken out all of Bane's men without Bane knowing until it was too late.
We haven't seen him move that fast in any of the trailers though. Not sure what you mean by "someone like Bruce" Bruce knows the ins-and-outs of Gotham and has been building secret locations all throughout the city for a decade. Clark's probably never been. And again, for all anyone knows, the bomb will only go off if someone interferes.

But if that's not good enough, he was on his self-discovering journey and didn't know about it. Not sure if they'll address it, if not you can make up any reason you want.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #431
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

For those of who maybe know this? During the "Batman No Man's Land" comic story line that TDKR took some inspirations from, did superman play any role in that story line? With an abandoned and isolated gotham city.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #432
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
For those of who maybe know this? During the "Batman No Man's Land" comic story line that TDKR took some inspirations from, did superman play any role in that story line? With an abandoned and isolated gotham city.
From Wikipedia.

"Superman briefly visits the city to restore some degree of order, but quickly realizes that the city's current state of anarchy and 'might-makes-right' requires a greater effort than the 'quick-fix' he had been expecting, and departs. A simultaneous story in JLA reveals that the Justice League keeps an eye on Gotham during this time by preventing various villains from claiming the territory for themselves."

Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #433
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
From Wikipedia.

"Superman briefly visits the city to restore some degree of order, but quickly realizes that the city's current state of anarchy and 'might-makes-right' requires a greater effort than the 'quick-fix' he had been expecting, and departs. A simultaneous story in JLA reveals that the Justice League keeps an eye on Gotham during this time by preventing various villains from claiming the territory for themselves."
Hmm that'd play out awkwardly on film. "Soo i think i'm gonna go, good luck though!"

Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #434
mohoo
Side-Kick

If MoS main events take place after DKT, then it's easy to explain why Superman wasn't there.

Even if not, Ironman3 events are happening after the Avengers, and that didn't stop them from making the film.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #435
Glassjaw
In training

The Avengers asked for a bigger suspense of disbelief then Iron Man 1. It was a bit more 'out there'. If the Justice League movie shares a universe with the Nolan films, the situation will be no different. I can definitely see the two matching up, it'll be easier then some are anticipating I think. Then again, I don't think they have to line up perfectly. Much like the comics don't - its a bit of a contrast to have Batman on his own in Gotham with his bunch of rogues, to his time with the JL hanging out on the Watchtower in space. The films will have to balance that somehow, but only because the comics have to as well.

Last edited by Glassjaw; 03-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #436
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
We haven't seen him move that fast in any of the trailers though. Not sure what you mean by "someone like Bruce" Bruce knows the ins-and-outs of Gotham and has been building secret locations all throughout the city for a decade. Clark's probably never been. And again, for all anyone knows, the bomb will only go off if someone interferes.

But if that's not good enough, he was on his self-discovering journey and didn't know about it. Not sure if they'll address it, if not you can make up any reason you want.
Batman's got several Batcaves all over Gotham and a couple in other cities too. The Bat Bunker below Wayne Tower, The one down on the docks that showed up in TDK, the subway station below Gotham Park. You could easily find some way (comics wise) to have Bruce be back in Gotham and nobody know.

If they do bring Bale back I could see him comcing back into action at almost 100% after having started physical therapy and training again after a year or so of the quiet life.

Back when I broke my knee and had it operated on from an accident in karate I thought I would never return, took me a year. Turned out being the longest laps in my training in my life. Bruce is the type who was training his whole life, there is no quit for him.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #437
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

I'm not too keen on fitting Nolan's world into JL for thematic reasons and because I feel it's a very complete story on it's own. However, it is RIDICULOUS to think that the two worlds CAN'T fit together. Look at real life. Before 9/11/01, the idea of bad guys causing catastrophic damage to a city was the stuff of comics. It is now a frightening reality. The idea of communications devices that can fit in your pocket (or soon on your wrist) and allow you to talk to AND look at someone ANYWHERE in the world used to be sci-fi fantasies. They are now quite real. The idea of aliens visiting Earth is fantastical, but won't be when it happens. The world changes all the time. The idea of super powered people existing in this world is crazy, until it's not.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #438
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

I don't think I would like Bale back as Batman, looks like he's let himself go a bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-21654930

Old 03-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #439
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

I keep imagining a scene in MOS where they have Supes "captured" and cuffed thinking they have him in their control but then something happens and Supes is needed so he politely breaks the cuffs apart and takes off leaving the army stunned.

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #440
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I could see Bale coming back for one more Batman film with Chris Nolan but I can't see him coming back for an entire Justice League trilogy.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #441
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I don't think the promo and marketing will kick in for the film until after the trailer debuts in April.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #442
X Knight
Saber Class

yeah.......this latest rumor about Nolan, Bale, and JL sounds like a fanboy pipedream.

now, I wouldn't mind Nolan and Snyder "overseeing" the project.........but not with Bale returning as Batman.

If we get a Justice League or World's Finest movie, I want both Superman and Batman to be in their prime. Bale's Batman was broken, tired, and winding down his career at the end of Rises.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #443
Project862006
Banned User

you act like bale is 50 lol he is only 9 years older than henry

Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #444
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Actually I believe he was referring to how Bruce Wayne was portrayed. It wasn't a comment on Bale.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #445
X Knight
Saber Class

right, I was referring to the Bruce Wayne/Batman portrayed in Rises.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #446
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

There are just too many issues with bringing back Bale imo, the biggest being Clark existing while TDK-trilogy takes place.
I'd also prefer a slightly younger Batman. But they WOULD rock together on screen and make a cazillion bux combined.

I just dont believe Bale coming back for JL or Snyder directing it. If MOS is such a big recipe for succes then surely they'd wanna focus on a sequel they'd know would be equally succesful.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #447
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I could see him coming back at some point, but the next time we see Batman, I don't think so.

Logically, Nolan and Bale taking the time to end their run, and then just turning around and making another Batman flick makes no sense.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #448
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
There are just too many issues with bringing back Bale imo, the biggest being Clark existing while TDK-trilogy takes place.
I'd also prefer a slightly younger Batman. But they WOULD rock together on screen and make a cazillion bux combined.

I just dont believe Bale coming back for JL or Snyder directing it. If MOS is such a big recipe for succes then surely they'd wanna focus on a sequel they'd know would be equally succesful.
Multiverse. A more super-heroy world (Superman's world) could exist alongside a more realistic (Nolan trilogy). How do we know that the Batman of Superman's world retired, he could still be active in that world.

Start the movie by acknowledging the multiverse ... though in my mind they already do with those flashing images of the comic characters different interpretations before the DC movies start. Have Batman show up and he's Bale, but maybe in the gray armor, or something different enough from the TDK armor so we know it's the same guy but not the same world/situation.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #449
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
Multiverse. A more super-heroy world (Superman's world) could exist alongside a more realistic (Nolan trilogy). How do we know that the Batman of Superman's world retired, he could still be active in that world.

Start the movie by acknowledging the multiverse ... though in my mind they already do with those flashing images of the comic characters different interpretations before the DC movies start. Have Batman show up and he's Bale, but maybe in the gray armor, or something different enough from the TDK armor so we know it's the same guy but not the same world/situation.
So, you mean an different Batman, but still played by Bale? Or...? Cause that would defeat the purpose of bringing back Bale, wouldnt it? Unless it was just because of bringing back Bale to get some asses in the seats. But that would be very confusing imo.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #450
Denish
Side-Kick

And WB sleeps..I see news, pictures, logos, toys, every kind of thing for a lot of movies..nothing from Mos..And there's people that suggested that the third trailer will be attached to IM3..like..serioulsy? That would be ideal..if only it came out earlier..May is too late in my opinion, they cannot wait to put the final ( assuming that they already started doing something till now ) gear to the merchandising/advertising..

Closed Thread