The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #26
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I can't wait for the marketing to kick in. We're still three months away so I'm not worried. Knowing WB's methods, they'll start light this month and pour it on in May.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I can't wait for the marketing to kick in. We're still three months away so I'm not worried. Knowing WB's methods, they'll start light this month and pour it on in May.
Well rumor has it that we will be getting a new trailer in April. I can't remember, right off the top of my head, which movie it's supposed to be attached to though. I'm with you though. I think it's going to begin this month with more magazine articles and official pictures and such. Then once the new trailer is released, I bet we start seeing TV Spots shortly after. I can't believe it's almost here!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
batman44
Go Speed GO

If I were WB I would try and put a tv spot with The Walking Dead season finale.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #29
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
If I were WB I would try and put a tv spot with The Walking Dead season finale.
Good call! That would be around about the time that the TV Spots would/should start airing! With as many people that watch TWD, and especially the season finale, I could see that making a HUGE impact.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Kick Ass 2 would have been Ass... Kicked in June. They didn't move because of Superman but because it was opening the same weekend as The Heat and White House Down.
Nic Cage is not laughing.....but I am

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #31
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Another tweet by Nick Jones which, if true, is potentially very revealing: https://twitter.com/njfuture/status/307764936136851456

Quote:
@ManofSteel_2013 I think I'm going to pick up a copy of Superman: Earth One again. A lot of similarities.
So, which themes/plot-points/characters would be beneficial to MoS if borrowed from Earth One, and which (if any) would be bad?

Last edited by ModusPonens; 03-02-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #32
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Feels like the guy just wants attention now. I mean if he was at a screening is WB really okay with him saying all this.

Spill

Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #33
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Feels like the guy just wants attention now. I mean if he was at a screening is WB really okay with him saying all this.
Yeah; everything he's said until now has been generally safe and non-spoilerish, but this recent comparison to Earth-One is potentially very revealing. If I were a WB exec, I wouldn't want him to be making such explicit comparisons.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:12 AM   #34
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Braces self for potential emo Superman.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #35
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I just want something freaking new already. It would suck if we have to go through March without getting any new stills from the film.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #36
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I just want something freaking new already. It would suck if we have to go through March without getting any new stills from the film.
What exactly new you want?we have everything.Photos,posters,fantastic trailer.All we have to wait is for the movie.Personally i dont want any other spoiler.Only some posters with the characters,nothing else.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #37
Liam_H
Side-Kick

New

Spill

Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #38
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
What exactly new you want?we have everything.Photos,posters,fantastic trailer.All we have to wait is for the movie.Personally i dont want any other spoiler.Only some posters with the characters,nothing else.
A few stills that feature Faora, the Kents, and Perry would be nice for starters, and we only have a grand total of 3 colored Stills from the film (superman in the desert, Jor-el, and Zod on Krypton).

I don't really count the Amy as Lois one because we never got a HQ version of that, let alone any in color.

And I really don't count the handcuff scene shot either since we saw that in a near identical frame from the trailer.

I don't think it's too much for anyone to ask for a bit more than that.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #39
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

They should just release the comic-con trailer.
It's what they should have done in December. I cannot fathom why they did not.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #40
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

If the movie IS too much like Earth One... I can see my reaction being similar to SR. Initially on a high and trying to justify it, then slowly realising i'm dissapointed when the inital rose tinted glasses fade

Earth One is not a story I wanna see introducing Superman to a modern audience...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #41
Glassjaw
In training

I like Earth One, but the villain so boring and horribly designed, it's a huge sticking point. Replace him with Zod and his co-horts, which I imagine to be far more interesting, and that's a huge problem with EO fixed.
I know a lot of others don't like the graphic novel because Clark almost seems to resent having to save the day, as if he's being pushed into it. I think this has been changed for the film too. Goyer described him as an 'unabashed hero' , and we know Clark will be saving people from school buses and oil rig disasters before he becomes Superman. Remember his quote from the trailer. I suspect he's been wanting to use his powers all along, it's the world which isn't ready.

So perhaps what we have will be similiar in story to Earth One, but with some very important tonal differences?

Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #42
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I liked the villain in Earth One, in look he actually reminded me of the Hellboy 2 villain. I just hope by the time Earth One Vol. 3 is out we get abit more background on the villain as he was working for sone higher force which I assume is Brainiac.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #43
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
If the movie IS too much like Earth One... I can see my reaction being similar to SR. Initially on a high and trying to justify it, then slowly realising i'm dissapointed when the inital rose tinted glasses fade

Earth One is not a story I wanna see introducing Superman to a modern audience...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
I like Earth One, but the villain so boring and horribly designed, it's a huge sticking point. Replace him with Zod and his co-horts, which I imagine to be far more interesting, and that's a huge problem with EO fixed.
I know a lot of others don't like the graphic novel because Clark almost seems to resent having to save the day, as if he's being pushed into it. I think this has been changed for the film too. Goyer described him as an 'unabashed hero' , and we know Clark will be saving people from school buses and oil rig disasters before he becomes Superman. Remember his quote from the trailer. I suspect he's been wanting to use his powers all along, it's the world which isn't ready.

So perhaps what we have will be similiar in story to Earth One, but with some very important tonal differences?

I think it might be a mixture of Clark being somewhat hesitant to come out in the open like he was in Earth 1, but in the same time, unlike his Earth 1 counterpart, he will have more obvious innate heroic traits and a willingness to help people when called upon instead of just crying for several minutes on top of a rooftop as he tries to make up his mind while several people are being killed off.lol

From what I got in the interviews, Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan seem to understand that Superman isn't like Batman and that there's a good reason why he's considered the granddaddy of heroes.

Meaning, they would probably know as well that superman shouldn't be the DC version of Peter Parker as well.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #44
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think the Earth One similarities are there to see in the trailer though. I don't think it's a negative at all. think about it with Jonathan Kent's maybe line it seems that his father didn't want him to use his powers. Not because he didn't want him to do the right thing but because as he says he feared the world would reject him. This is the test in the film it's obvious to see that the Army don't trust him and the people of earth will need convincing. If course he will be hesitant.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #45
bgshw44
Side-Kick

i wonder if the gag order has been lifted

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #46
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I like some ideas and images from the origin, but as a whole I'm not a fan of the cold depiction of Superman. It just doesnt feel very much like Superman. Neither does the artwork.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #47
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Goyer seems to have taken a few things from each of these -

Superman: Earth One.
Superman: Birthright.
Superman: Secret Origins.
Superman: Man of Steel.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #48
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Goyer seems to have taken a few things from each of these -

Superman: Earth One.
Superman: Birthright.
Superman: Secret Origins.
Superman: Man of Steel.
It's one heck of a melting pot. The writer of Batman Begins, cherry picking the best parts from each of these titles, this film should be excellent.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #49
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Somebody posted in here regarding someone from Superman Homepage seeing the movie but it's disappeared. Any reason why it's gone, was it false or because the gag order is enforced?

Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #50
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
It's one heck of a melting pot. The writer of Batman Begins, cherry picking the best parts from each of these titles, this film should be excellent.
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
Somebody posted in here regarding someone from Superman Homepage seeing the movie but it's disappeared. Any reason why it's gone, was it false or because the gag order is enforced?
I never saw this did they say it was good?

Closed Thread