The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #501
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Could be this. It seems like every recent article talking about JL, WB or something superhero/summer blockbuster related has had the author chime in over what they're hearing from the MOS screenings with it being called "THE" Summer blockbuster of 2013. Beaks over at AICN is the latest one to throw this out and supports this JL rumour:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

I'd imagine if this all true about the MOS screenings and WB being ecstatic that it would explain why they're moving to get Nolan, Goyer and Snyder. It's like they've become WB's own Trinity in between the three of them they resurrected the Batman franchise and now Superman.

Bale being onboard is the big thing I'm more hesitant to believe but if it happened....

El May has done his "due diligence" on this one.

Trust me....he is on point on this Exclusive.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #502
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nolan wasn't being "coy" he said he can't talk about it. More than likely because there's NOTHING to talk ABOUT. I'm so glad you people aren't profilers.

Again, unless the trades pick it up it's worth less than the webpage it's typed on.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #503
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
El May has done his "due diligence" on this one.

Trust me....he is on point on this Exclusive.
Trust you?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #504
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
trust you?
lol

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #505
Glassjaw
In training

The Scott Snyder/Jim Lee Superman comic will be called Superman Unchained

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/1931359/

Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #506
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think they definitely want a team up, and will get one eventually, but my humble somewhat informed opinion is saying MOS 2 first. Shrugs.
WB wants some of that Avengers cash so I expect them to back that brinks truck into Bale's backyard soon enough. He played in Terminator Salvation so he isn't above going after a paycheck.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #507
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I'd rather they go the Batman Beyond route. That way Nolan's decision for Wayne to retire holds some weight, rather than going back to the status quo. TDKR"s ending loses the impact otherwise.
I'm not saying they should go the Beyond route I just mean that's an example of Bruce Wayne not been able to stay away from been Batman. The amount of films that have had sequels or prequels that people did t want is endless but it doesn't take away from what happened prior.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #508
Wheels
HR Supporter

Man of Steel 2 is the best way to go. WB needs to put a plan in place before moving ahead with Justice League. Right now it sounds like they are a chicken with the head cut off.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #509
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
What exactly don't some of you agree with what El May Exclusive report stated?

His points are ALL valid and on the money actually.

Like Mayimbe said. It's all about how WB's can compete with what Disney is doing and WB's shareholders and execs knows that the team of the Nolans, (Syncopy) Snyder, Goyer and Bale as Batman is a strong creative filmmaking team that knows how to make quality superhero films that make $$$$$$.

Add Cavills Superman and you have the solid foundation to build the DC film Universe on with a possible Worlds Finest film, JL and a few solo films eventually.

Yes, I would think in about 10 years we may see a new actor playing Batman, after a possible Worlds Finest and maybe 2 JL films.

It's a no brainer people....and if you don't see how it is a no brainer, than sorry, can't help ya.

The problem I have with his report is that he presented it as if it were a "scoop," when really it seems to be only his speculation. Scoops are structured as follows: "We've spoken to an insider (e.g. WB executive, VFX artist, etc.) who has just provided us new information that [insert news]." However, this is not what Mayimbe presented to us. Rather, he gave us his own reasoning as to why a Bale/Cavill/Nolan/Snyder/DCU team-up would make sense. Sure, his reasoning was valid and logical, but it was not new information. In fact, if his 'scoop' was really as much of a no-brainer as you claim, then it should be even more insulting to his audience that Mayimbe tried to present his information as if it were new or confidential. He packaged his own speculation as a news report.

I can only speak for myself, but I think this is what has fueled the backlash against the Mayimbe 'report.' Hell, he even video-taped his 'report' on a roof-top to maintain secrecy! He used unnecessary melodrama to reveal nothing more than his own speculations, which turned out to be rather obvious anyway, as you pointed out yourself.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #510
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
So is everyone thinking this is happening then?

Now that Jetts revealed he knew about this rumour, add to that whennNolan and .goyer were asked about several things involving JL or Batman they wouldn't comment, I think it may just indeed be true. Whether or not they get the deals in place etc remains to be seen.

Connect the dots my friend.

It's happening and it's FANTASTIC news IMO!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #511
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Hi.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #512
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Now that Jetts revealed he knew about this rumour
Of course he did.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #513
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #514
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

All of this is so funny.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #515
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
All of this is so funny.
Am I missing something?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #516
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
WB wants some of that Avengers cash so I expect them to back that brinks truck into Bale's backyard soon enough. He played in Terminator Salvation so he isn't above going after a paycheck.
Avengers didn't make ALL that much more than TDK adjusted for 3D and all that jazz. We'll have to see if Avengers 2 (or Avatar 2, for that matter) capture that lightning in a bottle again. TDKR proved that it's actually quite difficult. Banking on the formula that worked once won't always prove to be the best thing to do.

I believe that if MOS is great, they should ride that train as long as they can, instead of shoehorning it into a franchise that's not a guarantee.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #517
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I wish people would make up some more original rumors. I mean, if you're gonna do it at least put some thought into it. Something like The Raid director is making an Arkham Asylum movie with Joe Manganiello as Batman. Obvious bulls**t but it's good bulls**t.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #518
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Am I missing something?
The reactions.

"It's a spot on scoop, it's going to happen!"

"It's not true, this guy is awful!"

Old 03-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #519
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
I wish people would make up some more original rumors. I mean, if you're gonna do it at least put some thought into it. Something like The Raid director is making an Arkham Asylum movie with Joe Manganiello as Batman. Obvious bulls**t but it's good bulls**t.
I just don't understand what is happening. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #520
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Avengers didn't make ALL that much more than TDK adjusted for 3D and all that jazz. We'll have to see if Avengers 2 (or Avatar 2, for that matter) capture that lightning in a bottle again. TDKR proved that it's actually quite difficult. Banking on the formula that worked once won't always prove to be the best thing to do.

I believe that if MOS is great, they should ride that train as long as they can, instead of shoehorning it into a franchise that's not a guarantee.
To be fair the shooting did hurt TDKR's box office and I guess that proves your point about them not needing a team up film to make a ton of moolah.

Shared universe hurts Marvel's films in my opinion so I'm not a huge fan of the idea of WB/DC following suit. I agree that WB should just focus on Supes if MOS is successful.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #521
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy
I wish people would make up some more original rumors. I mean, if you're gonna do it at least put some thought into it.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #522
robmx522
Banned User

Quote:
I just don't understand what is happening. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
I think i read about a suprise at the end of man of steel ....maybe bale allready filmed his cameo ?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #523
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
The reactions.

"It's a spot on scoop, it's going to happen!"

"It's not true, this guy is awful!"
Did you expect anything else from obessed geeks on a Superman movie messageboard?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #524
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I tend to believe that if this so-called cameo was true, nerd sites across the globe would have melted down by now, and the leak, likely, would be detained or assassinated by WB Ninjas.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #525
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

This thread is a damn mess and I love it

Closed Thread