The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #526
Naite22
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A quite long review over at imdb.com has been posted. Could there be any truth to this???

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=4...&postcount=233

Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #527
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
To be fair the shooting did hurt TDKR's box office and I guess that proves your point about them not needing a team up film to make a ton of moolah.

Shared universe hurts Marvel's films in my opinion so I'm not a huge fan of the idea of WB/DC following suit. I agree that WB should just focus on Supes if MOS is successful.
Well yeah, obviously it did. I think it was determined that it still wouldn't have beatene Avengers' OW, but we'll never know.

IMO team up films mostly help lesser known characters. Hawkeye wouldn't have gotten his own movie. Neither would Black Widow, and we all saw what happened to Hulk. But yeah, I think it would hold back Supes and Bats. They're already great on their own. Spiderman seems to be doing fine on his own too, rights issue notwithstanding.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #528
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I think people here are actually taking things quite calmly, if you compare this to how other subforums (cough cough) on this site take things.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #529
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I don't care about JL, I don't care about World's Finest, Bale, Nolan or whatever. All I care about is Man of Steel. You know the movie coming out that we have NO guarantee will be a hit that everyone automatically assumes it will be because someone says a dude who saw it said it's great? Yeah, heard that before. Even if it is, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

And I'd much rather get a new MOS still of Jonathan Kent sitting on a porch than another BS JL rumor.

Oh, and MOS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any JL crap.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #530
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
A quite long review over at imdb.com has been posted. Could there be any truth to this???

I wouldn't discount IMDB completely. I mean... those idiots did ruin the ending for TDKR for me.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #531
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Well yeah, obviously it did. I think it was determined that it still wouldn't have beatene Avengers' OW, but we'll never know.

IMO team up films mostly help lesser known characters. Hawkeye wouldn't have gotten his own movie. Neither would Black Widow, and we all saw what happened to Hulk. But yeah, I think it would hold back Supes and Bats. They're already great on their own. Spiderman seems to be doing fine on his own too, rights issue notwithstanding.
I don't think it would have outgrossed TA opening weekend or overall but I think it would have gotten nearer to TDK's total. But as you say we will never know.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #532
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Whoa. One of my posts just got deleted. Is a moderator allowed to delete my post if all I do is tell them, "Get of your high horse?"

Old 03-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #533
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Your post was deleted because it was hella tasteless.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #534
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Did you expect anything else from obessed geeks on a Superman movie messageboard?
Not at all, I'm part of it as well.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #535
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Connect the dots my friend.

It's happening and it's FANTASTIC news IMO!
I know right? Really hope itis true, if it is those reactions from Goyer and Nolan make sense

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #536
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
And I'd much rather get a new MOS still of Jonathan Kent sitting on a porch than another BS JL rumor.
Yes, absolutely!

We've had years and years of JL rumors, folks. Maybe this one is true, maybe not. But past experience tells me to just view it with a "meh, I'll wait for official news."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #537
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Whoa. One of my posts just got deleted. Is a moderator allowed to delete my post if all I do is tell them, "Get of your high horse?"
Actually. I didn't delete it, but yes. I can.

It was the content, not that it was directed at me.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #538
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh. I see.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #539
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I don't care about JL, I don't care about World's Finest, Bale, Nolan or whatever. All I care about is Man of Steel. You know the movie coming out that we have NO guarantee will be a hit that everyone automatically assumes it will be because someone says a dude who saw it said it's great? Yeah, heard that before. Even if it is, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Oh, and MOS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any JL crap.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #540
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Man of Steel 2 will probably still happen even if they make JL

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #541
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Not at all, I'm part of it as well.
I'm not excluding myself either.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #542
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

Stopped reading right at the beginning when he said:

Quote:
I saw this about two weeks ago, by accident pretty much.
Right...

Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #543
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

It's going to be a hell of a ride once this movie is actually out, and it's success/lack of success is no longer speculation. So much is riding on it, there's just gonna be so much to debate about!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #544
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm not excluding myself either.
Oh I know. Seems like somebody else was offended. Didn't want to seem like I was on my "high horse".

Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #545
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
All of this is so funny.
It sointanly is Olly.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #546
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Oh I know. Seems like somebody else was offended. Didn't want to seem like I was on my "high horse".
To be fair you are pretty high in my estimation.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #547
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:

hmmm......this sounds nice and all......but.....I don't know.........

how do you see a screening of this by "accident?" lol

since it's rather general with no real specific spoilers, it sounds like something any of us could have come up with, based on the bits and pieces that we know.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #548
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #549
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
On multiple levels.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #550
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Showtime didn't delete it, I did. The saying is perfectly fine obviously but making fun of someones handicap is not something I'll tolerate.

Quote:
Exactly.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread