The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #801
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Still waiting for one current quote from Nolan or Bale on this .
Hold your breath

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #802
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
But Meloni doesn't seem famous enough to play Luthor.
Might be strategic. Cast a big name in a small/obscure part, and people would smell Dramatic Reveal a mile a way.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #803
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I expect there to be a reference to Lex Luthor toward the end of the film but not an appearance. Sort of like Batman Begins referring to the Joker. Something to tease the audience.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #804
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Hahaha twitter wars gotta love 'em.

As for Hardy is really Lex stuff its just fabricated stuff cause he's bald and Nolan's involved so people are expecting a twist. Same with Lois is really Lana cause Amy is a redhead

Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #805
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

The El Mayimbe Meltdown when this falls apart is inevitable .
He brought it on himself .

Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #806
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I expect there to be a reference to Lex Luthor toward the end of the film but not an appearance. Sort of like Batman Begins referring to the Joker. Something to tease the audience.
Lexcorp Employee: "There's a man interested in paying you for your services, Superman."
Supes: "I don't work for anyone."
Lexcorp Employee: "Well, just in case you change your mind, here's his calling card."

Card says "LEX LUTHOR - LEXCORP"

Lexcorp Employee: "You know, I never thanked you."
Supes: "Who are you again?"

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #807
JimJimBinks
A friend

This Elmayimbe twitter fight thing just keeps getting better. I was just telling someone it's like watching one of those movies about a midlife crisis unfold 140 characters at a time.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #808
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Lexcorp Employee: "There's a man interested in paying you for your services, Superman."
Supes: "I don't work for anyone."
Lexcorp Employee: "Well, just in case you change your mind, here's his calling card."

Card says "LEX LUTHOR - LEXCORP"

Lexcorp Employee: "You know, I never thanked you."
Supes: "Who are you again?"
Hahaha :d love it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #809
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
This Elmayimbe twitter fight thing just keeps getting better. I was just telling someone it's like watching one of those movies about a midlife crisis unfold 140 characters at a time.
Haha I actually found it funny elmayimbe took so much offence and the guy just said its what he's heard. Yet El keeps on attacking him.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #810
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

When will this rumor die?...

I want my posters!

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #811
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Haha I actually found it funny elmayimbe took so much offence and the guy just said its what he's heard. Yet El keeps on attacking him.
The other guy seemed to at least be polite in the conversation... elmayimbe is coming off as arrogant.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #812
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
The other guy seemed to at least be polite in the conversation... elmayimbe is coming off as arrogant.
His arrogance is why I'm enjoying watching this nervous breakdown he's having.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #813
sup101
Side-Kick

I see why elmayimbe upset.In Jake Lester article headline, it say Nolan and bale out, but when you read the article he say Nolan is involved
and don't give no explanation as to why bale is out.Then he went on to say snyder is involved.
He didn't even debunk him, but I kinda see why he mad.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #814
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

People are now saying Joss Whedon said there are no plans for a Planet Hulk movie (contrary to elmayimbe's scoop) and so elmayimbe is trying to say Whedon is lying.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #815
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
I see why elmayimbe upset.In Jake Lester article headline, it say Nolan and bale out, but when you read the article he say Nolan is involved...
Actually, (whether true or BS) the headline says Nolan In, Bale out.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #816
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Who knows what to believe? The amount of stuff that gets denied and turns out to be true is mental and vice versa.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #817
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Actually, (whether true or BS) the headline says Nolan In, Bale out.
He changed it.He still shouldn't say bale out, because Wb probably don't know if they can get him back yet.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #818
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I have no doubt in my mind WBs will try for Nolan and Bale but whether or not they get them who knows?!

Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #819
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
He changed it.He still shouldn't say bale out, because Wb probably don't know if they can get him back yet.
Dunno. Maybe it was a typo. As you say, the article, itself, alleges Nolan in, Bale out. And as you also note, this Lester fellow was essentially “confirming” 2/3s of Elmayimbe’s “scoop.” So in theory, Elmayimbe should only be 1/3 upset. Apparently not.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #820
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I know, El was been a right arrogant SOB

Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #821
fake
Side-Kick

My first post in this forum. Been a long time lurker, decided to join for the run-up to the release of MoS. Been a Superman fan for a long time and was disappointed by "Superman Returns", felt that it was a fine movie by itself - it just wasn't what I thought a Superman movie would be (somewhat like how "Quantum of Solace" is a good movie, just not a good Bond movie).

Hoping that MoS lives up to expectations and looking forward to participating in good discussions on this forum.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #822
Torrente
Side-Kick

Just saw the IM3 new trailer and I gotta say I'm not that impressed, seems there is going to be a lot happening in the movie and I don't usually think that helps...sorry to bring up news about another character but here it is in hopes that the next MOS trailer will be epic!

Obviously all these "exclusive insider reviews" in a way get me pumped up but prefer to ground myself just to protect myself lol, I really hope we get something new this week as IM3 had the Super Bowl spot and now the new trailer, hopefully Warner will remind the world that there is also a superman movie coming out a month later.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #823
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

What I'm liking about IM3 is that it is not "epic" and not pretending to be. It looks like a relatively gritty political thriller. The way Iron Man should be. Iron Man 2 was all wrong as a tone for an Iron Man movie.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #824
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
Just saw the IM3 new trailer and I gotta say I'm not that impressed, seems there is going to be a lot happening in the movie and I don't usually think that helps...sorry to bring up news about another character but here it is in hopes that the next MOS trailer will be epic!
Looked pretty good to me. And given the safe bet that IM3 will be BIG, I think there might be some wisdom to WB’s (as yet) low-key marketing approach to MOS. Steer clear of IM3, let it have its time in the spotlight - and then ramp things up.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #825
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Looked pretty good to me. And given the safe bet that IM3 will be BIG, I think there might be some wisdom to WB’s (as yet) low-key marketing approach to MOS. Steer clear of IM3, let it have its time in the spotlight - and then ramp things up.
Ramp things up with only a month left? That might be way too late.

Not to mention it makes it seem like WB thinks MOS is lesser than IM3 and that it can't compete with IM3.

Closed Thread