The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #826
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well at this point financially it certainly won't.

Spill

Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #827
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Ramp things up with only a month left? That might be way too late.

Not to mention it makes it seem like WB thinks MOS is lesser than IM3 and that it can't compete with IM3.
Exactly.
Marketing needs to start ASAP

Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #828
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Ben Kingsley is rockin it man. I wonder if Mr. Creepy Michael Shannon will outcreep Sir Kingsley.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #829
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Ben Kingsley is rockin it man. I wonder if Mr. Creepy Michael Shannon will outcreep Sir Kingsley.
Kingsley SOUNDS stupid (his manner of speaking in places) and looks non-threatening to me. Kingsley is as good of an actor as Shannon, but he can't outcreep him. Hell, Agent Van Alden outcreeps The Mandarin, easily.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #830
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The Mandarin doesn't look like he could fight IM toe to toe. Zod, meanwhile, can be creepy and kick Supes' rear end.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #831
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I know, El was been a right arrogant SOB

Have you been reading and seeing how Pony has been acting lately since El Mays Exclusive?

El has got nothing on Poni. Issues man....issues.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #832
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

How about....we talk about SUPERMAN....AND....not attack other posters....

Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #833
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

So we get another ****ing Iron Man 3 trailer after the Superbowl spot and tons of posters and we get nothing regarding Man of Steel??? Nothing except pictures of toys?

How on earth can I be a proper obsessive nerd without anything to geek out to? Yes this is yet another complaining post from I SEE SPIDEY.

Honestly people can make as many excuses that they want to (lord knows they did the same in 2006) but WB is screwing the pooch right now. There is no doubt about that.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #834
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Yes this is yet another complaining post from I SEE SPIDEY.
I feel your pain. This total radio silence is weird to me. I predicted marketing would be slow, but I never expected it to be utterly non-existent.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #835
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

As always, fans start to question the marketing when other films/franchises start releasing posters, trailers, official stills, etc.

Right on cue.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #836
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I feel your pain. This total radio silence is weird to me. I predicted marketing would be slow, but I never expected it to be utterly non-existent.
Yeah there's been NOTHING (no, toys don't count, they are only for fanboys attention...and that whole toy thing reminded me of GL...same thing...) since the Empire issue over a month ago. And even so we have fairly little in the way of stills and NOTHING in the way of villain hype. TDK and TDKR both had villains hyped up 7 months before release and people were talking about them, good (Ledger) or not too good (making fun of Banes voice) doesn't matter, there was hype. MOS? Nothing. Marketing this as another origin story ala BB isn't a good idea. People say they are following TDK marketing strategy. HA! I wish! That would be great. We're 3 months out and....nothing. Joy!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #837
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
As always, fans start to question the marketing when other films/franchises start releasing posters, trailers, official stills, etc.

Right on cue.
And right on cue you come to complain about it! And just so you know, fans have been (rightfully) questioning MOS's marketing for a while now. This isn't new.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #838
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:

Right on cue.
When those other films are being released in close proximity to MOS? Yes.

When WB is taking a marketing strategy of total silence? Yes.

When there has been absolutely nothing else to discuss for a long time? Yes.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #839
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I've been questioning their marketing in this thread for the past few weeks prior to the release of the IM trailer. This is nothing new.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #840
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
And right on cue you come to complain about it! And just so you know, fans have been (rightfully) questioning MOS's marketing for a while now. This isn't new.
Yes, forgive me, insider.

Yep, and fans questioned TDKR's marketing too.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #841
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

Right on cue.
I'd say the biggest problem is that it doesn't feel like WB is positioning MOS as "THE" summer film this year. I never liked the "oh yeah and that movie is coming out to" way off marketing.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #842
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

I never claimed to be an insider. Ever. You made that up because you couldn't respond in a civil manner. But do keep it up, see how long you last.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #843
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

TDKR had cache do to two excellent films.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #844
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Fake WB marketing meter still at 44%. I'm beginning to think this thing is rigged.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #845
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
I don't get your argument. WB's marketing strategy for MOS is fine because... TDKR?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #846
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Ramp things up with only a month left? That might be way too late.
Well, it would be 6 weeks. And I don’t suggest that WB should do zero marketing until after May 3. But I think an action-heavy MOS trailer now would tend to get lost in IM3’s luster and momentum. Save it for a more opportune moment.

Quote:
Not to mention it makes it seem like WB thinks MOS is lesser than IM3 and that it can't compete with IM3.
At this point, Supes is the underdog. He has to earn his place, not assume he’s entitled to success. That was SR’s mistake. Iron Man has 2 big solos plus the Avengers behemoth on the résumé. That commands respect.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #847
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
My first post in this forum. Been a long time lurker, decided to join for the run-up to the release of MoS. Been a Superman fan for a long time and was disappointed by "Superman Returns", felt that it was a fine movie by itself - it just wasn't what I thought a Superman movie would be (somewhat like how "Quantum of Solace" is a good movie, just not a good Bond movie).

Hoping that MoS lives up to expectations and looking forward to participating in good discussions on this forum.
Welcome to SHH!

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #848
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
I've been questioning their marketing in this thread for the past few weeks prior to the release of the IM trailer. This is nothing new.
That's fine, but Poni already confirmed that we're getting official posters this month and it is heavily-rumored that the final trailer will debut in April. From there, you can count on TV spots and advertisements in May. What is there to question? WB has been doing this since TDK.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #849
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Well, it would be 6 weeks. And I don’t suggest that WB should do zero marketing until after May 3. But I think an action-heavy MOS trailer now would tend to get lost in IM3’s luster and momentum. Save it for a more opportune moment.
Again, I think that assumes that MOS would have less luster and momentum. Seems pessimistic.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #850
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I like these posts of yours! Agree 100% and it saves me the trouble of writing similar ones!
Heh, glad I could be of service???

Seriously though I'm not asking it to keep pace with a movie coming out a month before but we have gotten virtually nothing. We haven't gotten even a snippet of Shannon as Zod performance and yet we have seen some of Kingsley as Mandarin in Iron Man 3 and Cumberbatch as (as Khan lets stop pretending that he isn't JJ) John Harrison.

We have one poorly done poster of Supes in handcuffs, a black and white photo of Lois, screen caps, that I could have done, masquerading as new photos and pictures of mfing toys...yay!

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread