The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #926
Denish
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
What?
I said that there's no need to show stills from a direct-to-dvd Superman movie..when you have a 250 million movie to promote. I'll see Unbound in any case, even if they won't show me nothing till the day they release it..They should care about Mos marketing..It seems that they're making fun of us..

Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #927
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
If you dont think TDK was a big factor in TDKRs success, then I can't help you. If TDK would have made 500 mill ww instead of over a billion, do you really think rises would have made bank?
I don't need your help comprehending anything. So please, help yourself.

Of course TDK's success played a factor but you'd be lying if you said TDKR didn't need any marketing after The Joker's departure and Bane's arrival.

Quote:
I am in no way saying rises would have flopped without TDK being so successful, but it did benefit from TDK being so successful and popular.
Every sequel benefits from the predecessor, but if you thought TDKR was a guaranteed billion dollar smash hit without Heath Ledger's Joker, then you're out of your mind.

Thankfully, Nolan and Hardy created another memorable villain and Hathaway gave a performance that left critics and fans wanting more.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #928
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Not MOS related but new Superman image from Superman Unbound, really psyched for this film.

I'm psyched too!

Trailer was nice, and I absolutely love the Johns and Frank Brainiac story it is based on. Easily one of my favorite Superman stories in comics that I've read.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #929
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I'm sure the marketing will kick in like crazy soon and be everywhere. Green Lantern got a pretty big media blitz a couple months before it came out.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #930
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I don't need your help comprehending anything. So please, help yourself.

Of course TDK's success played a factor but you'd be lying if you said TDKR didn't need any marketing after The Joker's departure and Bane's arrival.

Every sequel benefits from the predecessor, but if you thought TDKR was a guaranteed billion dollar smash hit without Heath Ledger's Joker, then you're out of your mind.

Thankfully, Nolan and Hardy created another memorable villain and Hathaway gave a performance that left critics and fans wanting more.
TDKR made a billion because of new markets, not because it did as well as TDK. If the TDK came out in the same market, it would have done quite a bit more. There is the feeling that while TDKR was by no means a failure, it did under-perform.

By the way, I really love all three of Nolan's Batman films.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #931
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Not MOS related but new Superman image from Superman Unbound, really psyched for this film.

Very cool! Loved that story, this movie should be really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
I said that there's no need to show stills from a direct-to-dvd Superman movie..when you have a 250 million movie to promote. I'll see Unbound in any case, even if they won't show me nothing till the day they release it..They should care about Mos marketing..It seems that they're making fun of us..
So because they have Man of Steel coming out, they shouldn't market the DVD that is coming out beforehand? You might know this is coming out, they aren't marketing to you. They're marketing towards people who don't know it's coming, and who aren't already excited for it.
If anything, it makes sense that these are coming out now because the DVD comes out before Man of Steel is released.
And it's a completely different marketing department than the one that Market's Man Of Steel.
So no, they aren't making fun of you.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #932
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
Oh right I thought you meant me I'm not promoting anything for them lol. But you must realise two different marketing teams and Unbound is premiering at Wondercon in 3 weeks or so, so they're gonna release stills etc. I'm psyched to hell for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I'm psyched too!

Trailer was nice and I absolutely love Johns and Frank's Brainiac story. Easily one of my favorite Superman stories in comics.
Awesome same here, love that story, I am glad they've gone a little left field for the DTV though as the book set up stuff for the next storyline.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #933
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
The first thing that struck me is that the cinematography felt toned down compared to Snyder's more stylistic efforts in the past. Clark wandering in the mountains definitely feels like BB, and I think that is a VERY good thing.
Agreed. Very proud of Snyder. I've always thought he's had potential... just as long as he's not writing the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Can they hijack the airwaves in late May? It isn't like it is by itself. Quite a few movies coming out with family and mass appeal.

Also I just realized Emma Watson's new movie comes out the same day. WTH?
If WB at least reveals a huge stunt, I think Superman can hold off the other films in late May.

Which movie? I heard she was doing one based on true events.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #934
GreenKToo
In the fire

B.B. should have, and could have, made more. wB was afraid to spend the money to promote it after B&R.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #935
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Agreed. Very proud of Snyder. I've always thought he's had potential... just as long as he's not writing the script.

If WB at least reveals a huge stunt, I think Superman can hold off the other films in late May.

Which movie? I heard she was doing one based on true events.
I hope you are right. I think we all want this to do well, especially if it is as good as some are anticipating. I just think some of us get a little edgy when nothing new comes out and considering how long since they wrapped has made it worse.

And yeah, it is called the Bling Ring and she is playing a bad girl. It will only be in limited release that day, but if it is playing around me, I might have to make room for one showing of it as well.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #936
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
Okay, so I'm sure this won't happen, but I would LOVE to see a series of MAN OF STEEL posters that mirror shots from famous old comic book covers. Such as Action Comics #1, Superman #1, or the cover Superman: For Tomorrow.
How about character posters? I rather have those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
B.B. should have, and could have, made more. wB was afraid to spend the money to promote it after B&R.
Word of mouth is what allowed Begins to be as successful as it was. The marketing was terrible.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #937
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
TDKR made a billion because of new markets, not because it did as well as TDK. If the TDK came out in the same market, it would have done quite a bit more. There is the feeling that while TDKR was by no means a failure, it did under-perform.

By the way, I really love all three of Nolan's Batman films.
That's true. TDK did open more markets for Batman.

Well considering the national tragedy that transpired, 160 million on OW and a Billion WW was impressive. TDKR could've perhaps grossed 1.2 Billion WW and 180-190 million on OW had there been no tragedy but we'll never truly know.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #938
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
Very cool! Loved that story, this movie should be really good.

So because they have Man of Steel coming out, they shouldn't market the DVD that is coming out beforehand? You might know this is coming out, they aren't marketing to you. They're marketing towards people who don't know it's coming, and who aren't already excited for it.
If anything, it makes sense that these are coming out now because the DVD comes out before Man of Steel is released.
And it's a completely different marketing department than the one that Market's Man Of Steel.
So no, they aren't making fun of you.
You know..the problem is mine..and you're right..I'm so excited for this movie..and seeing everyone else giving away stills, trailers, twitpics..makes me sooo angry I loved every Superman animated movie, I've seen all of them, I've seen also Superman TAS from episode 1 to the last one ( and I live in Italy, and it's not that easy to find them )..

Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #939
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post

Word of mouth is what allowed Begins to be as successful as it was. The marketing was terrible.
absolutely. some dont wanna hear it, but MOS is following the same formula. Yes it will pick up, but it should have already.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #940
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
That would be nice!

Quote:
Oh yeah, it absolutely was terrible. My wife is the biggest Batman fan I know. She wasn't at all excited by the movie based on any of the marketing. When we left the theater she was blown away and telling everyone she knew it was the best Batman movie we'll ever get.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #941
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Guys, MOS doesn't come out until June. General audiences don't need or want nonstop marketing for weeks and weeks and weeks. It doesn't help anyone. Why would WB waste much needed money when Iron Man 3 is the focus for the superhero biz right now?

"Oh, so people don't forget a Superman movie is coming out." Dumbest argument ever. Doesn't matter who knows about it TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE. What matters is the hard push the three weeks before release. That's what gets asses in seats.

Do people forget the MOS trailer is playing in theaters right now? And the posters are in every major theater? What the hell else do you want TWO months in advance? Christ

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #942
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
I hope you are right. I think we all want this to do well, especially if it is as good as some are anticipating. I just think some of us get a little edgy when nothing new comes out and considering how long since they wrapped has made it worse.
Give the people Superman picking up a building and smacking Zod with it, and they will come.

I've been waiting for this film too. The push back irritated me but it made sense from a business perspective. I don't see WB f'ing this up, especially now. Superman, currently, is their only hope.

Quote:
And yeah, it is called the Bling Ring and she is playing a bad girl. It will only be in limited release that day, but if it is playing around me, I might have to make room for one showing of it as well.
I adore that girl. I don't care what she's in, I'll watch it.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #943
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Guys, MOS doesn't come out until June. General audiences don't need or want nonstop marketing for weeks and weeks and weeks. It doesn't help anyone. Why would WB waste much needed money when Iron Man 3 is the focus for the superhero biz right now?

"Oh, so people don't forget a Superman movie is coming out." Dumbest argument ever. Doesn't matter who knows about it TWO MONTHS IN ADVANCE. What matters is the hard push the three weeks before release. That's what gets asses in seats.

Do people forget the MOS trailer is playing in theaters right now? And the posters are in every major theater? What the hell else do you want TWO months in advance? Christ
Thank you. I don't see anything worrisome about MOS marketing.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #944
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm pretty sure come April Marketing will be full throttle

Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #945
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
What matters is the hard push the three weeks before release. That's what gets asses in seats.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #946
J.Howlett

Quote:

Old 03-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #947
GreenKToo
In the fire

I really hope this next trailer hits a homerun.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #948
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
For the most part, Snyder's films always had character posters. I think we'll get those if anything else...Also featurettes.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #949
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm pretty sure come April Marketing will be full throttle
I'm looking back at what marketing has done for GL..Yeah, April is the month..We have something to look for also this month with WonderCon ( But I won't keep my breath knowing WB ) and then we have CinemaCon in L.A. on 15th of April..here or there we'll have toys, artworks, posters, interviews..

Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #950
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

There are a lot of people who really don't know what's coming out until weeks before the films out but I do think you need to reach out to people over a course of time. I think a Superbowl spit should have been done and they should have released a few more stills etc by now but it probably won't matter in the gran scheme of things. If thy push the marketing like crazy from April onwards I think they'll be OK.

Closed Thread