The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #76
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
Yeah but GL was a summer release.
John Carter (released March 9/2012): opening weekend $30M; final tally $73M.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #77
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just hope we get a real shirt rip ( in slow mo lol) with the score blairing loud along with it....give me that and i'll jump up and scream YES!! no foolin.
the last shirt rip we got on the big screen still aggravates me.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #78
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I don't think they're going to use use shirt rip in this movie. What if the suit is nano-tech?

Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #79
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I don't think it will be. I still don't think that Danny's Batman theme was topped, as great as Zimmer's is.
However the MOS score turns out, it would be hard to say whether it "topped" JW's or not. Zimmer's Batman score has become incredibly popular, even with some still saying that Elfman's was more memorable, more hummable, etc. It'll probably be different enough that people will say "Wow, this was never my idea of what a Superman score should be like... but I like it", which is the effect that Zimmer's Batman score had on me when I 1st heard it.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #80
king666
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
So far the only guy I have some confidence in telling the truth is the guy from Double Negative who worked on the movie and tweeted about a Feb 13 screening. I think everything else is up for debate.
I don't believe Nick Jones. He wants to promote himself, and WB can't do anything about it. Ewoud84 (guy from Double Negative) is telling the truth.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #81
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I don't think they're going to use use shirt rip in this movie. What if the suit is nano-tech?
Then it can form under his clothes.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #82
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I just hope we get a real shirt rip ( in slow mo lol) with the score blairing loud along with it....give me that and i'll jump up and scream YES!! no foolin.
the last shirt rip we got on the big screen still aggravates me.
I am hopeful for a great shirt rip scene too. I hope we get it.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #83
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

I am certain we'll get it. Either towards the end of the flick or after the sequence where you think he is down and out and he makes a return to save the day.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #84
GreenKToo
In the fire

hope so...I can just see it with the snyder touch.
buttons pop off in slow mo, camera follows them down, shirt slowly rips open, and the \S/ is revealed. lol.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #85
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I am certain we'll get it. Either towards the end of the flick or after the sequence where you think he is down and out and he makes a return to save the day.
Yeah exactly what I was thinking

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #86
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Yeah... Williams and Elfman/Walker have yet to be topped musically.

But I'm sure Zimmer will come up with some pretty rousing stuff.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 03-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #87
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I disagree. Zimmer completely surpassed Elfman in my opinion. There's nothing that can compete with Molossus, Deshi Basara, Why So Serious?, Barbastella, Rise, etc.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #88
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Zimmer's Batman scores are generic to me. I could see it working well in other films. They don't feel exclusive to Batman's world.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #89
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Zimmer's scores are good to me. Inception has one of the best scores ever IMHO.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #90
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Why So Serious is fantastic. Subversive, extreme, iconoclastic, just like the Joker himself. The rest of it is pretty standard Hollywood fare and doesn't come close to Elfman's compositions. I had hope he would come up with something great with the chant in Rises, but that completely fizzled out in the score.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #91
Torrente
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I disagree. Zimmer completely surpassed Elfman in my opinion. There's nothing that can compete with Molossus, Deshi Basara, Why So Serious?, Barbastella, Rise, etc.
"Eptesicus" is probably one of the best of all (as a bonus, a part is played in The Will To Act bit in BB)

Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #92
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Zimmer's scores are good to me. Inception has one of the best scores ever IMHO.
I like his Pirates and Sherlock stuff as well as his scores from various animated films.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #93
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I have to entirely disagree. Zimmer largely created soundscapes with few leitmotifs. He put little thought into creating solid musical ideas for each character and instead simply created audio noise cues. His theme for Batman consists of only two rising (or occasionally alternately falling) notes that do little more than blare at the reader with all the subtlety of being beaten over the head by a club.

Elfman's theme, by contrast, creates a gothic / noir atmosphere with a descending theme that marries tragedy and heroism together. Its four-note minor key ascent and two-note major key descent is frightfully simplistic and yet it perfectly addresses the duality of the Bruce Wayne character. The sixth note is the payoff occasionally afforded the theme, a keen acknowledgement by Elfman that Wayne's existence is defined by a lack of personal completion. Elfman's ability to leave his theme in yearning flux (by dropping its sixth note) and balancing major and minor-key progressions within its construct far better represents the duality of Wayne than anything Zimmer has provided the franchise.

The greatest contributions to Nolan's trilogy in terms of music were brought by James Newton Howard, who provided central leitmotifs and ideas. However, even their merit is choked out by Zimmer's oppressive sounds and throbs.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #94
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by @JamesThomasLA
I just sat in a screening of a blockbuster coming out soon. Can't say anymore. But I loved it!
https://twitter.com/JamesThomasLA/st...68993706545152

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-02-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #95
sup101
Side-Kick

How do we know he talking about MOS?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #96
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

He doesn't say specifically that he saw Man of Steel, from what I can tell.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #97
sup101
Side-Kick

Someone asked him is it Manofsteel, he said can't tell.So, most likely it's MOS.If it wasn't he coulda just said no.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #98
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Yeeeah... that means nothing.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #99
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Someone asked him is it Manofsteel, he said can't tell.So, most likely it's MOS.If it wasn't he coulda just said no.

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #100
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
You can think that if you wish, but it doesn't logically follow.

H.E.
Closed Thread