The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #101
Wheels
HR Supporter

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe he's talking about World War Z lol.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #102
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had a dream.

I went to watch Man of Steel in June 14 and everything was pretty good, until Clark got into the Avatar spaceship and entered the world of 300. Then the movie became cartoon and Superman was then a slave working there for many years, until Lex Luthor appeared and saved him.

It was extremely strange and disappointing. No more words to say.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #103
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Maybe he's talking about World War Z lol.
My bet is on R.I.P.D.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #104
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I had a dream.

I went to watch Man of Steel in June 14 and everything was pretty good, until Clark got into the Avatar spaceship and entered the world of 300. Then the movie became 2D and Superman became a slave working there for many years, until Lex Luthor appeared and saved him.

We have truly entered the darkest depths of having nothing film-related to talk about.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #105
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I had a dream.

I went to watch Man of Steel in June 14 and everything was pretty good, until Clark got into the Avatar spaceship and entered the world of 300. Then the movie became 2D and Superman became a slave working there for many years, until Lex Luthor appeared and saved him.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Was Lex Luthor played by Christoph Waltz?

Kal-El Unchained!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #106
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
You can think that if you wish, but it doesn't logically follow.
huh?

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #107
GreenKToo
In the fire

Been alot of ''I had a dream about mos'' posts going on in here. we need some new newz..

Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #108
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
huh?
Saying "I can't answer that" in response to a suggested movie possibility only means "I can't answer that." You can read whatever you want into it, but not logically, because doing so is a non sequitur.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #109
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

How do people find these things...?

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #110
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
How do people find these things...?
Magic.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #111
Nemeres

Quote:
Magic.
Nuh-uh!

Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #112
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Magic.
I call it science...

Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #113
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

A closer look at the Man of Steel Lego figure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZLBbhjml4

Perhaps the most significant information we get from this video comes at 1:13, where it is revealed that Superman will have an alternate face with glowing red eyes. If this is reflective of the actual film, which I believe movie-Lego sets usually are, then it seems that this indicates that Superman's eyes will indeed be red when he blasts lasers from his eyes.

I haven't seen the entire video, so maybe there's something else significant revealed. I only skimmed the video, and the red eyes immediately caught my attention.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #114
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Angry, glowing red eyes. Yes, please.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #115
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Heck YES

Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #116
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

That's awesome. So excited for the laser eyes. The almost invisible effect that was used for Returns had me disappointed lol.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #117
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Y'know I'm not surprised Superman is going to be kicking a$$ and taking names, it is Zack Synder.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #118
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
That's awesome. So excited for the laser eyes. The almost invisible effect that was used for Returns had me disappointed lol.
Agreed. I think this is what we all want.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #119
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I was some lasers, man. I want to have to wear sunscreen to the theatre to watch this movie.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #120
Wheels
HR Supporter

Why does Superman look like a jacked up Vampire Bill Compton in DC Universe Online?

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #121
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
I was some lasers, man. I want to have to wear sunscreen to the theatre to watch this movie.
YESS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

Exactly like that ^

Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #122
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

I actually liked the Smallville/SR heat vision effect. It's HEAT vision, after all. But lasers will be cool too, considering that he'll be aiming to inflict some actual damage in this one.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #123
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I actually liked the Smallville/SR heat vision effect. It's HEAT vision, after all. But lasers will be cool too, considering that he'll be aiming to inflict some actual damage in this one.
I get what you are saying. I just think it's much cooler, from a visual standpoint, to have actual laser beams come out of Sup's eyes.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #124
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Superman vs Hulk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBNB2hk5t0

Superman burns Hulk's arm with his heat vision, @ 18 sec.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #125
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

According to a forum poster at DCU online. [URL="http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/man-of-steel-epic-win-or-epic-failure.1828/page-5"]

"A lot of industry people that have worked on it or read the screenplay say that the difference between Superman Returns and Man Of Steel is the difference between the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

That makes me very, very happy."

Me too.

Closed Thread