The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #126
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,164
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That would be great IF it's true....

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #127
WoodyROM
Side-Kick
 
WoodyROM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,541
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
According to a forum poster at DCU online. [URL="http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/man-of-steel-epic-win-or-epic-failure.1828/page-5"]

"A lot of industry people that have worked on it or read the screenplay say that the difference between Superman Returns and Man Of Steel is the difference between the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

That makes me very, very happy."

Me too.
I may be exiled for asking this, but can someone give me a short explanation of this. Never watched the movies

WoodyROM is online now  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #128
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.
 
Nemeres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 1,813
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
According to a forum poster at DCU online. [URL="http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/man-of-steel-epic-win-or-epic-failure.1828/page-5"]

"A lot of industry people that have worked on it or read the screenplay say that the difference between Superman Returns and Man Of Steel is the difference between the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

That makes me very, very happy."

Me too.
I actually fell asleep the 1st time I watched Wrath of Khan. Hoping the same doesn't happen with MOS, lol. I had to watch it again, and AFTER having watched Star Trek 1, to understand why it was such a big deal.

__________________
Tuuuuu-turu-tu-tuuuuuuuuuuu

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #129
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,505
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In short Wrath of Khan is great and considered by many to be the best in the film series.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #130
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Star Trek the Motion picture is generally consider slow and boring. Wrath of Kahn is generally considered one of the best Star Trek films. It helped get the series on track with a film that had more action, intensity, and a great villain.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #131
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Star Trek the Motion picture is generally consider slow and boring. Wrath of Kahn is generally considered one of the best Star Trek films. It helped get the series on track with a film that had more action, intensity, and a great villain.
Superman Returns : Slow and Boring
Man of Steel : Action, intensity, and a great villain.

Got it

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #132
WoodyROM
Side-Kick
 
WoodyROM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,541
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Perfect, thanks guys

WoodyROM is online now  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #133
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The irony of course is that Bryan Singer said he wanted to go all Wrath of Khan for a Superman Returns sequel. You know the rest.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #134
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
The irony of course is that Bryan Singer said he wanted to go all Wrath of Khan for a Superman Returns sequel. You know the rest.
I remember hearing that when i watched Kevin Smith talk about how disappointed he was with Returns.
Too little too late for Bryan. lol

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #135
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It doesn't sound like Jack and the Giant Slayer is going great for him either. He needs the next X-men film to do well.

Anyway. You notice that the screenwriters of Superman Returns haven't written any more big movies. They were the biggest problem.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #136
ThePhantasm
Skywalker
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 11,202
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
The irony of course is that Bryan Singer said he wanted to go all Wrath of Khan for a Superman Returns sequel. You know the rest.
Clearly the lesson learned was "go all Wrath of Khan the first time around."

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #137
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,970
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Star Trek the Motion picture is generally consider slow and boring. Wrath of Kahn is generally considered one of the best Star Trek films. It helped get the series on track with a film that had more action, intensity, and a great villain.
Oh ok sweet. I think i might check it out to get a better perspective.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #138
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Remember I said generally. Like everything else it's all subjective. I'm sure there are Star trek fans that find the Motion Picture more exciting and Wrath of Khan boring. Just like some people will end up liking Superman Returns better than MOS.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #139
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,970
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
It doesn't sound like Jack and the Giant Slayer is going great for him either. He needs the next X-men film to do well.

Anyway. You notice that the screenwriters of Superman Returns haven't written any more big movies. They were the biggest problem.
Me and the honey saw Jack the Giant Slayer last night. Fyi, the MOS trailer showed in front of it. Anyway, we enjoyed it. For what it was we were entertained. We went in knowing what it was and thought it was a fun movie.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #140
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It must be funny for Singer to see the MOS trailer appear before his new film. Jack and the Giant Slayer isn't my thing but Singer should be fine once he goes back to the x-films.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #141
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,970
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Remember I said generally. Like everything else it's all subjective. I'm sure there are Star trek fans that find the Motion Picture more exciting and Wrath of Khan boring. Just like some people will end up liking Superman Returns better than MOS.
Holy eat face and choke Batman, can you imagine?! Those people should have their fandom revoked. The MOS trailer alone is better then that embarrassment. I can't say enough how Pissed I was that SR is what fans got after decades of "Superman is boring and lame" from everyone but their dogs.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #142
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,505
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know it has its flaws but I like SR

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #143
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As crazy as it sounds I'm sure they'll be some fans out there that will end up liking Superman Returns better. I'm not a fan of Superman Returns but if someone likes it that's fine. But to me, if MOS isn't better than we have a huge problem on our hands.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #144
ThePhantasm
Skywalker
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 11,202
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I like Superman Returns. I expect to like Man of Steel as well.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #145
JimJimBinks
A friend
 
JimJimBinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Holy eat face and choke Batman, can you imagine?! Those people should have their fandom revoked. The MOS trailer alone is better then that embarrassment. I can't say enough how Pissed I was that SR is what fans got after decades of "Superman is boring and lame" from everyone but their dogs.
Alright! Where do I mail my fan card?

JimJimBinks is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #146
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,970
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I know it has its flaws but I like SR
It boggles my mind what there is about it for someone to like. I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
As crazy as it sounds I'm sure they'll be some fans out there that will end up liking Superman Returns better. I'm not a fan of Superman Returns but if someone likes it that's fine. But to me, if MOS isn't better than we have a huge problem on our hands.
I can't imagine what their arguments would be.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #147
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It doesn't pay to turn this into another Superman Returns bashing session.

Anyway, I'm surprised Cavill hasn't been casted in anything yet. You also notice that when Goyer talks about what he's seen he never mentions Cavill's performance? He'll mention Shannon or something else.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #148
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The krypton scenes along in MOS, will be better then anything in returns.High tech weaponry, Armor, ships, robots ect.Badassery!

sup101 is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #149
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some fans may even like Superman III and IV better than MOS.

No wait. That's impossible.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #150
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 41,440
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also enjoyed Superman Returns, although it's flawed. In the comics people like varying interpretations. Not sure it's much different here.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.