The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #126
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That would be great IF it's true....

Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #127
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
According to a forum poster at DCU online. [URL="http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/man-of-steel-epic-win-or-epic-failure.1828/page-5"]

"A lot of industry people that have worked on it or read the screenplay say that the difference between Superman Returns and Man Of Steel is the difference between the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

That makes me very, very happy."

Me too.
I may be exiled for asking this, but can someone give me a short explanation of this. Never watched the movies

Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #128
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
According to a forum poster at DCU online. [URL="http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/man-of-steel-epic-win-or-epic-failure.1828/page-5"]

"A lot of industry people that have worked on it or read the screenplay say that the difference between Superman Returns and Man Of Steel is the difference between the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

That makes me very, very happy."

Me too.
I actually fell asleep the 1st time I watched Wrath of Khan. Hoping the same doesn't happen with MOS, lol. I had to watch it again, and AFTER having watched Star Trek 1, to understand why it was such a big deal.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #129
Liam_H
Side-Kick

In short Wrath of Khan is great and considered by many to be the best in the film series.

Spill

Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #130
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Star Trek the Motion picture is generally consider slow and boring. Wrath of Kahn is generally considered one of the best Star Trek films. It helped get the series on track with a film that had more action, intensity, and a great villain.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #131
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Star Trek the Motion picture is generally consider slow and boring. Wrath of Kahn is generally considered one of the best Star Trek films. It helped get the series on track with a film that had more action, intensity, and a great villain.
Superman Returns : Slow and Boring
Man of Steel : Action, intensity, and a great villain.

Got it

Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #132
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Perfect, thanks guys

Old 03-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #133
STARMAN
Side-Kick

The irony of course is that Bryan Singer said he wanted to go all Wrath of Khan for a Superman Returns sequel. You know the rest.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #134
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
The irony of course is that Bryan Singer said he wanted to go all Wrath of Khan for a Superman Returns sequel. You know the rest.
I remember hearing that when i watched Kevin Smith talk about how disappointed he was with Returns.
Too little too late for Bryan. lol

Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #135
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It doesn't sound like Jack and the Giant Slayer is going great for him either. He needs the next X-men film to do well.

Anyway. You notice that the screenwriters of Superman Returns haven't written any more big movies. They were the biggest problem.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #136
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Quote:
Clearly the lesson learned was "go all Wrath of Khan the first time around."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #137
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Oh ok sweet. I think i might check it out to get a better perspective.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #138
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Remember I said generally. Like everything else it's all subjective. I'm sure there are Star trek fans that find the Motion Picture more exciting and Wrath of Khan boring. Just like some people will end up liking Superman Returns better than MOS.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #139
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
It doesn't sound like Jack and the Giant Slayer is going great for him either. He needs the next X-men film to do well.

Anyway. You notice that the screenwriters of Superman Returns haven't written any more big movies. They were the biggest problem.
Me and the honey saw Jack the Giant Slayer last night. Fyi, the MOS trailer showed in front of it. Anyway, we enjoyed it. For what it was we were entertained. We went in knowing what it was and thought it was a fun movie.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #140
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It must be funny for Singer to see the MOS trailer appear before his new film. Jack and the Giant Slayer isn't my thing but Singer should be fine once he goes back to the x-films.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #141
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Remember I said generally. Like everything else it's all subjective. I'm sure there are Star trek fans that find the Motion Picture more exciting and Wrath of Khan boring. Just like some people will end up liking Superman Returns better than MOS.
Holy eat face and choke Batman, can you imagine?! Those people should have their fandom revoked. The MOS trailer alone is better then that embarrassment. I can't say enough how Pissed I was that SR is what fans got after decades of "Superman is boring and lame" from everyone but their dogs.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #142
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I know it has its flaws but I like SR

Spill

Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #143
STARMAN
Side-Kick

As crazy as it sounds I'm sure they'll be some fans out there that will end up liking Superman Returns better. I'm not a fan of Superman Returns but if someone likes it that's fine. But to me, if MOS isn't better than we have a huge problem on our hands.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #144
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

I like Superman Returns. I expect to like Man of Steel as well.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #145
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Holy eat face and choke Batman, can you imagine?! Those people should have their fandom revoked. The MOS trailer alone is better then that embarrassment. I can't say enough how Pissed I was that SR is what fans got after decades of "Superman is boring and lame" from everyone but their dogs.
Alright! Where do I mail my fan card?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #146
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I know it has its flaws but I like SR
It boggles my mind what there is about it for someone to like. I just don't get it.

Quote:
As crazy as it sounds I'm sure they'll be some fans out there that will end up liking Superman Returns better. I'm not a fan of Superman Returns but if someone likes it that's fine. But to me, if MOS isn't better than we have a huge problem on our hands.
I can't imagine what their arguments would be.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #147
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It doesn't pay to turn this into another Superman Returns bashing session.

Anyway, I'm surprised Cavill hasn't been casted in anything yet. You also notice that when Goyer talks about what he's seen he never mentions Cavill's performance? He'll mention Shannon or something else.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #148
sup101
Side-Kick

The krypton scenes along in MOS, will be better then anything in returns.High tech weaponry, Armor, ships, robots ect.Badassery!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #149
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Some fans may even like Superman III and IV better than MOS.

No wait. That's impossible.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #150
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

I also enjoyed Superman Returns, although it's flawed. In the comics people like varying interpretations. Not sure it's much different here.

Closed Thread