The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 04-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
hoy-small-fry
Hiding from DOFP spoilers

Default If DOFP doesn't happen...

I know I said I was taking a break, but this has come up when I watched the trailer and I'd like your thoughts on it

As we know, in the OT, Charles and Erik are good friends, with opposing ideologies.

In this timeline, Erik deflects the bullet that cripples Charles, causing them to fall out. Erik goes to prison for the JFK assassination.

Here's where we split. In DOFP, they're clearly at odds, but Wolverine brings them together, but in the OT, this should never happen right?

So what...
a) Would spur Charles to get out of his depression and form the X-Men?
b) Allow Magneto to get out of prison
c) Justify in any way their friendship

I'm a bit confused :/

Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
gdw
Side-Kick

Default Re: If DOFP doesn't happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
I know I said I was taking a break, but this has come up when I watched the trailer and I'd like your thoughts on it

As we know, in the OT, Charles and Erik are good friends, with opposing ideologies.

In this timeline, Erik deflects the bullet that cripples Charles, causing them to fall out. Erik goes to prison for the JFK assassination.

Here's where we split. In DOFP, they're clearly at odds, but Wolverine brings them together, but in the OT, this should never happen right?

So what...
a) Would spur Charles to get out of his depression and form the X-Men?
b) Allow Magneto to get out of prison
c) Justify in any way their friendship

I'm a bit confused :/

I don't know, but I am curious too. I'm not too concerned about how Magneto would have gotten out of prison, but I can see that whatever brings Charles out of his depression would likely also lead to him reconciling what happened (as far as Eric deflecting the bullet into his spine, obviously was not intentional) and so they would have the exact relationship they have come the start of the first X-Men film.

I don't think they are exactly "friends" by then, but "old" friends; they WERE friends, and still have a degree of understanding, but clearly ideological differences have drawn their lines long ago.

As far as what it could be, well it looks like Hank is still around, and never left his side, especially considering he seems to be tied to however Charles has regained his ability to walk, and Hank is appearing human.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote