Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #276
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
that's the vibe I get too. the underground base or so
Seems so, but I hope some of the action/drama is also in the open air, above ground and in daylight. It would make the X-Men world seem a bigger place.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #277
Angamb
Banned User

oh, definetly! we need BIG action on the streets for the very first time! damm, lol

Sentinels action wouldnt be the same without streets action

Old 03-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #278
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
sounds good, but soo ready for next phase of X-men movies with a new villain getting the spotlight finally
I feel like DOFP is the start of the next phase of the X-Men movies, just look at my sig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Singer is using the Twitter very well.
We live in Twitter-age.

I'm glad Bryan Singer is tweeting about the movie every once in a while.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #279
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
oh, definetly! we need BIG action on the streets for the very first time! damm, lol

Sentinels action wouldnt be the same without streets action
SO true.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #280
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Millar tweeted he's talked to Simon Kinberg.
Why am I getting the distinct impression that Millar and Bryan Singer don't like eachother? Every time I read about them in print it just feels...chilly. I'm not feeling the warmth.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #281
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac
Depending how far ahead the DoFP dystopia is set, you may not have too long to wait... Mind you, in Storm's case it won't be so much a menstrual cycle as a monsoon season..

I just read the last 2 pages and saw that I'm not the only one who senses a lack of loving between Mark Millar and Bryan Singer. Isn't it amazing what humans can derive from simply reading the words of others?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #282
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Why am I getting the distinct impression that Millar and Bryan Singer don't like eachother? Every time I read about them in print it just feels...chilly. I'm not feeling the warmth.
Because Mark Millar is annoying? Even though I liked his run on Ultimate X-Men, I don't want him to be involved in X-Men movies.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #283
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think some benefit can come from his involvement- as long as he keeps his distance.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #284
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Why would X1/X2/FC Singer need advice from Mark Millar about anything? I'm sure Fox has Millar on call for them but Singer knows what he's doing.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #285
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

its not likely brian will get millar to help, brian is going to make the film he wants and thats it really

Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #286
def28
Side-Kick

Edit

Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #287
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
its not likely brian will get millar to help, brian is going to make the film he wants and thats it really
Yeah, the thing is a lot of directors don't like to compromise when it comes to the film that they are directing. Of course the producers/crew/the studio still have a say on the movie but for directors, their vision is the most important thing.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #288
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Won't be as bad as the people who will claim Darkseid ripped off Darth Vader when Justice League comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I'm sure people will compare Darkseid to Thanos before Vader.
(off-point, but for the record, a Justice League movie shouldn't be coming out any time soon. And this is coming from someone who loves them immensely. They function better as single-characters; the original concepts were not meant to overlap across the various genres. I remember bringing this point up on the SHH comments section and people got really, really furious. For some reason I can't post there anymore due to my IP address, and I'm sure that isn't the reason for it, but it happened anyway. Bottomline: JLA film doesn't need to happen right now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Exactly how it needs to be done. Open-ended. Does Magneto go through with it or not?

Or do they make a sequel to DoFP leading into X-1, leading up to the event of the planned assassination? And THEN leave it open ended.

Great film making begs to ask questions and be open for subjective interpretations given the right circumstance. And whether they leave it at that after this film, or leave it open ended after a potential sequel, it should still be just that. Open-ended, subjective interpretation. And then the franchise can be put to rest until the next team comes along.
Couldn't agree more -- that's the thing about open-ended interpretations, they need to be there. But. At the same time. Maybe something concrete wouldn't be altogether bad? I mean I certainly want to know how Bryan Singer interprets the Days of Future Past comic, at least that it self needs to be definitive. But yes. Do they make a sequel that makes X1 very much concrete?

Mark Millar probably has the answer to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I really this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And I really hate It.
There is so much to your post than you know, not just pain and anger but also good speculative discussion! Hating my post will not bring you peace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I'm all for this being the last go-round with the original cast. I don't see Singer leaving X-Men. He never really did, even when he left. Supposedly he had more than a little something to do with both Vaughn and then Bret Ratner coming aboard X3. I think we're going to see this leading into a FIRST CLASS reboot of sorts, with a new take on the "original" X-Men that doesn't neccessarily go against anything in FIRST CLASS, but that won't be beholden to what happened in X-MEN, X2 and X3. Which is really quite clever, I think.
Yeah I think that's what has gotten me so excited about this. And, well this is Bryan Singer -- the guy who was ballsy enough to make a sequel to the Christopher Reeve Superman movies. If you look closer, that mindset of not letting go of cinematic history while approaching a new movie in the same franchise seems to be here as well -- only a lot more better articulated since they're going at it with something concrete from the comics.

To this day, I still think that Bryan Singer, had he just considered Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow as the basis for Superman Returns, he would've had made a movie that gave the genre something original and retro as well. He would have been able to make the movie he wanted to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I hope not.

I don't really see this series to rival the success of the other big movies out there if the movies are just gonna be in set in the past and with B and C list characters.
I think First Class gets a lot of gripe from us. I still think that it's the better X-film out there when compared to the rest. Sure we all missed the original cast and I'm a big fan of it -- but I think it's so awesome that you don't have more popular X-Men like Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey and Storm but still manage to be engaged into the X-Men universe and come out saying "yes. That was a damn good movie."

By focusing on Charles and Erik, it really managed to capture the two most important figures in the comics and still come out as a success.

But yeah I agree -- I don't think at the end of the day it'll enjoy the same success as Avengers or Spider-Man or Hulk because those characters do have an international recognition that the X-Men do not. They're more popular. I don't mind it. It doesn't have to be financially overwhelming to be good (don't read that as me advocating SR though).

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Old 03-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #289
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah, the thing is a lot of directors don't like to compromise when it comes to the film that they are directing. Of course the producers/crew/the studio still have a say on the movie but for directors, their vision is the most important thing.
Is that such a bad thing? I'm really excited about Thor 2 (on my top list) but I remember really getting pissed off by the fact that they didn't let that Monster director, whom Kenneth Branagh and the rest of the cast adored, work on the film because it didn't follow company policies.

It's a work of art. Let 'er rip I say.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #290
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
But yeah I agree -- I don't think at the end of the day it'll enjoy the same success as Avengers or Spider-Man or Hulk because those characters do have an international recognition that the X-Men do not. They're more popular. I don't mind it. It doesn't have to be financially overwhelming to be good (don't read that as me advocating SR though).
Except for Hulk, First Class already outgrossed both of the Hulk movies. For some reason, Hulk movies aren't really that successful especially compare to Iron Man.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #291
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

^ I didn't know that. It's good to know when the quality of a film is reflected on its box office returns -- it's rare. FC is a thousand times better than both the Hulk movies imo.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #292
JP
To me

Singer just tweeted a picture of the full cast! Daniel Cudmore is there!!! But there's 2 actors I have no idea who they are. Hmm.

He also covered up their characters names along wi Sy and Dinklages.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #293
JP
To me

Juding by there ethnicities I ink it could be Psylock and Sunfire...

Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #294
Angamb
Banned User

CUDMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that young kid seems native american!!! Thunderbird????? Ive been wanting a cameo from him since FC!!

Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #295
JP
To me

He's definitely not white! Could be native American or Hispanic.

This confirms a lot. No young Scott or Jean. No Banshee or Havok. No Emma or Azazel. No nightcrawler. No future Beast or Mystique.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #296
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

Sweet! Cudmore is back! I love you Colossus!!

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #297
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Thunderbird could be a possibility. Remember that rumor (?) that Bryan wanted Taylor Lautner in First Class (!) LOL

And what's with the gaps? Is there hope for Cyclops and Jean at the end (judging by the two spots at the end?)

Old 03-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #298
Angamb
Banned User

Really curious how there is a gap next to Halle, and in the same file as all those big actors.

This tells me another original actor will return, but Bryan dont want to reveal it yet.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #299
merbass
Side-Kick

This is the full cast ? Could others still be missing or deliberately kept hhidden for now.

it is a shame that Banshee is not on there.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #300
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Thunderbird could be a possibility. Remember that rumor (?) that Bryan wanted Taylor Lautner in First Class (!) LOL

And what's with the gaps? Is there hope for Cyclops and Jean at the end (judging by the two spots at the end?)
hope its Thunderbird. I know most of SHH users dont want him, but personally Ive been hoping for a cameo all this time. It would be really cool to have a native american on the X-men. It brings diversity, and his power is cool, not exploted at all on the franchise, (Callisto doesnt count).

I hope its him!

Closed Thread