The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #426
Nathan

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

No, just basic Teleport like Nightcrawler. The difference is that she can Teleport huge groups and bigger distances.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #427
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I agree that his overall look is native American. That suggests Thunderbird or Forge as strong possibilities. To me, he doesn't really seem right for either - a very young Forge making time machines or whatever doesn't feel right, and Thunderbird doesn't have an interesting mutant power and is only in the comics to show the idea that arrogance and blind rage leads to death.

But he does also have some Asian in his look, so they might use him for someone else.

Difficult to be certain, since none of us would have guessed Blink would be in the movie. They sure know how to keep us guessing!
I must be the only one on the board that thinks super speed is a really cool power. Its really simple, of course, but this power hasnt been used in its full potential on this franchise yet.

So in my opinion would be really cool to see a x-man having just this power and fighting hand to hand with the rest of the team.

On other hand, we shouldnt forget that this franchise can appeal to kids and young teenagers too, so a character with super speed if done right could be really cool and funny for this part of the audience.

And at the same time, just becase one mutant has super speed doesnt mean he cant be a great fighter body to body, so that could make Thunderbird a great team member, at least for one sequel.

Last edited by Angamb; 03-16-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #428
Nathan

When I read super speed and fighting, I always think of 'The One'.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #429
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What's the point of Forge if we have Blink?
Remember the villain of the movie is a guy who makes giant advanced mechanical armies.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #430
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Biiig Forge fan. I want me some Forge finally.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #431
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
No, just basic Teleport like Nightcrawler. The difference is that she can Teleport huge groups and bigger distances.
In the Exiles stories, she did travel into parallel worlds. They might be taking that element.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #432
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I must be the only one on the board that thinks super speed is a really cool power. Its really simple, of course, but this power hasnt been used in its full potential on this franchise yet.

So in my opinion would be really cool to see a x-man having just this power and fighting hand to hand with the rest of the team.

On other hand, we shouldnt forget that this franchise can appeal to kids and young teenagers too, so a character with super speed if done right could be really cool and funny for this part of the audience.

And at the same time, just becase one mutant has super speed doesnt mean he cant be a great fighter body to body, so that could make Thunderbird a great team member, at least for one sequel.
I guess so, though Thunderbird doesn't have 'superspeed' to the same level as Quicksilver.

If they added a thundery sound effect to it, that might help justify his choice of codename. Most characters have a name that suits their powers, rather than just a name from their culture.

The Thunderbird is a creature of native American mythology that appeared during storms and made the sound of thunder by flapping its wings.

Interestingly, Thunderbird's brother Warpath had even greater superhuman strength/speed and, according to Wikipedia, was "capable of toppling a Sentinel by clapping, the resulting air pressure causing it to collapse."

Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #433
Angamb
Banned User

I didnt know they were brothers.... I guess Warpath is a strong possibility for Booboo then. Although personally Id preffer the x-men of this sequel to be characters who appeared on the 60's and 70's, so Id go with Thunderbird.

Many people has hated that characters like Angel, Riptide or Darwin appeared on FC, so I think Fox/Singer should avoid that from now. Some other fans dont care about comic accuracy, but it would be nice.

And since it seems they are dropping characters like crazy from one movie to another now, why not? he

Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #434
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I didnt know they were brothers.... I guess Warpath is a strong possibility for Booboo then. Although personally Id preffer the x-men of this sequel to be characters who appeared on the 60's and 70's, so Id go with Thunderbird.

Many people has hated that characters like Angel, Riptide or Darwin appeared on FC, so I think Fox/Singer should avoid that from now. Some other fans dont care about comic accuracy, but it would be nice.

And since it seems they are dropping characters like crazy from one movie to another now, why not? he
More than likely he will be a blend of Thunderbird and Warpath, and probably called Thunderbird. The Wikipedia note about his 'thunder-clap' powers against Sentinels seems like something they wouldn't miss the opportunity to use.

I wonder if he will be sacrificed as in the comics, where he leapt on to Count Nefaria's plane as that villain tried to escape and then died when he made the plane blow up.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #435
Angamb
Banned User

I think it would be intense if one of Charles x-men dies on the past. That would make the franchise more dramatic and would show that the mutant situation is not a joke.

I know that would feel repetitive, since Darwin died on FC, and Jean on X2 and X3, but death happens daily, even in own our world and the x-men comics, so Bryan and crew shouldnt be shy with it either.

And since Thunderbird is not a A-list x-man, and died early on the comics, he feels like the perfect candidate to die.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #436
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it would be intense if one of Charles x-men dies on the past. That would make the franchise more dramatic and would show that the mutant situation is not a joke.
it would be incredibly dramatic if wolverine was to be killed in the future by a sentinels, because these films have made him seem invincible so it doesn't look like he can be killed most the time

i doubt it will happen though

Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #437
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it would be incredibly dramatic if wolverine was to be killed in the future by a sentinels, because these films have made him seem invincible so it doesn't look like he can be killed most the time

They can kill any of the future xmen

It would just raise the stakes for the time traveller and the first class to ensure that future doesn't happen...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #438
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:

Can a Sentinel kill Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungcheung View Post
They can kill any of the future xmen

It would just raise the stakes for the time traveller and the first class to ensure that future doesn't happen...
Precisely! Which makes me wonder - if they do succeed with changing the past in order to save the future, will this be the "closure" to the old trilogy, or will it remain as a parallel universe to the FC one?

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #439
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
maybe...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #440
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:

yeah, I doubt it too. Fox/Singer love Wolverine too much to kill him in the movies, even if its an alternate universe, or the timeline is fixed at the end of the movie.

would be pleasantly suprised if they do it, but wont hope for it.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #441
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post

Precisely! Which makes me wonder - if they do succeed with changing the past in order to save the future, will this be the "closure" to the old trilogy, or will it remain as a parallel universe to the FC one?
Alternate future will be created where jean and Scott are alive!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #442
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Imagining the audience reaction to Wolverine being blown up is just amazing. I think it would be a massive shame for them not to use that scene because I always felt it was the most memorable scene from the comic.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #443
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
In the Exiles stories, she did travel into parallel worlds. They might be taking that element.
That wasn't her powers though. That was the technology of the Panoptichron that sent them world hopping.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #444
roach
I am the night

Quote:

I don't find them boring but we already had a super fast fighter in X3's Callsto.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #445
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

has this been posted already?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...medium=twitter

Quote:
"The movie is about destiny. What is your fate? What were you supposed to do, what should you have done when you were younger? What didn’t you do that would have made for a better future? And what if you could go back and change that.

I think I’ve got the time travel – I don’t really want to call it time travel, but for want of a better word, time travel figured out. I pitched it to James Cameron and he signed off on it."

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-17-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #446
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
has this been posted already?

http://geeksyndicate.co.uk/2013/03/1...at-the-baddie/

maybe its old but i don't recall reading it
Yes, we had it already. It was originally by Bleeding Cool, who are given as the source at the bottom of that article. But it is very interesting

Old 03-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #447
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
maybe...

If they are gonna kill Wolverine, I don't think it would be similar to that picture. Jean Grey couldn't even vaporize Wolverine, so if the Sentinels are going to kill Wolverine, I expect it to really brutal and different to that picture.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 03-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #448
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Jean Grey couldn't even vaporize Wolverine.
In X3's final act at Alcatraz? If that's what you're referring to, Jean didn't want to vaporize Logan. She was testing him and toying with him.

Trust me, if she really wanted him dead, he would've instantly joined Xavier, Scott and everyone else she murdered and sent to Smithereen Island. His adamantium can't handle her s***.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #449
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Maybe by preventing the future with the Sentinels, the X-Men unintentionally create an alternate future with Apocalypse and Sinister instead. Cue X4.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #450
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If they are gonna kill Wolverine, I don't think it would be similar to that picture. Jean Grey couldn't even vaporize Wolverine, so if the Sentinels are going to kill Wolverine, I expect it to really brutal and different to that picture.
There's a difference to having pieces of your flesh slowly ripped off and being vaporized into a skeleton. Jean did the former, not the latter.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Closed Thread