The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #626
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,447
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As part of report Is claiming the hellfire club survivors may have been cut from script after
Bryan took over as director
http://whatculture.com/film/bryan-si...of-future-past
the person who wrote that is just guessing they may have been cut once brian took over, nothing to read into really

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-20-2013 at 07:12 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #627
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,208
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As part of report Is claiming the hellfire club survivors may have been cut from script after
Bryan took over as director
http://whatculture.com/film/bryan-si...of-future-past

Glad Magneto ditched those losers.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #628
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Glad Magneto ditched those losers.

I know you're probably joking but I actually agree. No one wants to see the chick with bug wings who spits.... she really is a loser in the mutant community.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #629
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
We have no dates for any film in the OT. All we know is that X1-3 spans about one year, or even less.

You're saying that the events which took place in X1,X2, and X3 all happened in one year or even less than that? Do you have proof, because I find that hard to believe.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #630
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,022
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You're saying that the events which took place in X1,X2, and X3 all happened in one year or even less than that? Do you have proof, because I find that hard to believe.
Well, end of X1 Logan is sent by Xavier to Alkalai lake. He returns from that trip beginning of X2. I doubt that trip took more than a few weeks.

Then in X3, Jeans death still feels pretty fresh, so I'd assume it's only been a few months since X2.

JP is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #631
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, end of X1 Logan is sent by Xavier to Alkalai lake. He returns from that trip beginning of X2. I doubt that trip took more than a few weeks.

Then in X3, Jeans death feels pretty fresh still feels pretty fresh, so I'd assume it's only been a few months since X2.

But we have no way of knowing how long Logan was gone. We don't even know if he went straight to Alkalai Lake or got into things along the way.

Then with Jean's death all we know is that the characters are still bent out of shape about it, but that was someone they cared about so that was understandable. Hell, it could have taken place a year before X3 and the pain would still feel fresh.

I guess my point is that none of us actually know the time-span of all 3 movies, so we shouldn't be making that out to be a fact. Personally, I really don't think all of that happened in a year or less. Maybe 2 years at the most, but again, there's no way to be certain at the moment.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #632
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Well, end of X1 Logan is sent by Xavier to Alkalai lake. He returns from that trip beginning of X2. I doubt that trip took more than a few weeks.

Then in X3, Jeans death still feels pretty fresh, so I'd assume it's only been a few months since X2.
In X2 Cyclops mentions a month ago Jean could barely leviate a book and now when she has nightmare the room shakes.So X2 Is at most a month after events
of X-men.Now last Stand Is tougher to pindown but I doudt jean was underwater for a year.

We have no way of knowing when the trilogy took place.Bryan Said he In placing Xavier and Magneto In mid 20's In 1962 In first Class was working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's ages.So that could place X-men In the mid 1990's.Working from that Origins takes place In Early 1980's.
Now It Is kinda of a retcon but X-Men has long history of retconning.

marvelrobbins is online now  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #633
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
In X2 Cyclops mentions a month ago Jean could barely leviate a book and now when she has nightmare the room shakes.So X2 Is at most a month after events
of X-men.Now last Stand Is tougher to pindown but I doudt jean was underwater for a year.

We have no way of knowing when the trilogy took place.Bryan Said he In placing Xavier and Magneto In mid 20's In 1962 In first Class was working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's ages.So that could place X-men In the mid 1990's.Working from that Origins takes place In Early 1980's.
Now It Is kinda of a retcon but X-Men has long history of retconning.
But how does that automatically mean that X2 took place a month after X1, at the most? That month that Cyclops is talking about could have taken place a few months after the events on Liberty Island for all we know.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #634
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,022
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Nope, he says "Ever since Liberty Island, you've been different". Then says how she was a month ago, and how she is now. So there you have it. X2 is less than a month after X1.

JP is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #635
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,060
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Yeah that's what I always assumed too. It's not necessarily a month after Liberty island...

It could have been her telepathy has been increased since liberty island and only a month prior to X2 her telekinesis has gotten out of hand.

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #636
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Nope, he says "Ever since Liberty Island, you've been different". Then says how she was a month ago, and how she is now. So there you have it. X2 is less than a month after X1.
Regardless, Jean still did not say that Liberty Island happened a month before that, and neither did Cyclops. We still have no way of knowing when it happened, so nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yeah that's what I always assumed too. It's not necessarily a month after Liberty island...

It could have been her telepathy has been increased since liberty island and only a month prior to X2 her telekinesis has gotten out of hand.
This.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #637
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange
 
Mad Ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A kingdom in that house on the hill
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

I always thought it was pretty clear that the trilogy took place within a year. There's more evidence to suggest that it did, then there is to prove that it spanned multiple years.

Mad Ones is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #638
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I always thought it was pretty clear that the trilogy took place within a year. There's more evidence to suggest that it did, then there is to prove that it spanned multiple years.
What evidence is there? I'd like to believe it, but there's no concrete proof that it took place within a year, just like there's no concrete proof it did not. But if you can present this evidence, I'd be grateful.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #639
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,022
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Regardless, Jean still did not say that Liberty Island happened a month before that, and neither did Cyclops. We still have no way of knowing when it happened, so nothing has changed.
Er, yes. That is clearly stated in his comment.

He specifically says she's been different SINCE Liberty Island, then mentions her change happened a month ago, ergo Liberty Island was a month ago.

If a month ago she had to concentrate to levitate a book and now when she has a nightmare the entire bedroom shakes, but Liberty Island happened months ago, why would he say "every since liberty island you've been different" and then proceed to give an example of a difference that happened months after Liberty Island?


Holy run-on sentence.


Last edited by JP; 03-20-2013 at 09:27 PM.
JP is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #640
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!
 
Mulholland-Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,208
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

All I know is that the OT is not set in the 90s.





That is all.

Mulholland-Jr is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #641
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Er, yes. That is clearly stated in his comment.

He specifically says she's been different SINCE Liberty Island, then mentions her change happened a month ago, ergo Liberty Island was a month ago.

If a month ago she had to concentrate to levitate a book and now when she has a nightmare the entire bedroom shakes, but Liberty Island happened months ago, why would he say "every since liberty island you've been different" and then proceed to give an example of a difference that happened months after Liberty Island?


Holy run-on sentence.
Just watched the scene again.

Cyclops says she's been different since liberty island. Then he goes on to say it's not just her telepathy that's changed, which indicates that he's talking about other things besides her powers. Then he talks about how a month ago, she couldn't levitate a book and how she can now cause the entire bedroom to shake.

Once again, they do not outright say or hint at liberty island taking place a month before X2. You drew that conclusion on your own.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #642
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 38,775
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I know you're probably joking but I actually agree. No one wants to see the chick with bug wings who spits.... she really is a loser in the mutant community.
How crappy do you have to be to be replaced by Toad.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #643
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
How crappy do you have to be to be replaced by Toad.
Toad is great, though. He's a loser, but he has fans outside the comics and movies unlike Angel.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #644
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,994
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Plus, he was played by Ray Park. So that automatically made him awesome.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #645
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...
 
DarknessOfDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my ship...with my guardian friends :)
Posts: 26,936
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

I just watched X-Men lol. My fave part is when he spits into Jean's face...which is well downright bad if you ask me. I mean Jean had it really bad...it was right on her face. But I do love the moment when Scott saves her by blasting her face. ha. "Oh god," he says.

__________________
That's for if things get really hardcore. Or if you wanna blow up moons. - Rocket Racoon
No one's blowing up moons. - Gamora
You just wanna suck the joy out of everything. - Rocket Racoon

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill
DarknessOfDeath is online now  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #646
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,022
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

But see, sometimes a sucky character is made awesome in the movies by the actor playing them. Azazel and Toad are those sucky awesome character actors america funtime now.

JP is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #647
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Yeah, Toad was really lame before X1 and Evolution. I think I heard that X1 gave him that long slimy tongue of his, but I might be wrong about that.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #648
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,364
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
But see, sometimes a sucky character is made awesome in the movies by the actor playing them. Azazel and Toad are those sucky awesome character actors america funtime now.
The ****?

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #649
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,022
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Um, you know what comics Toad could do? Leap. Yeah. That right. Leap.

JP is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #650
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yeah, Toad was really lame before X1 and Evolution. I think I heard that X1 gave him that long slimy tongue of his, but I might be wrong about that.
The first X-men totally changed toad.They even changed him In comics to match.X-Men evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men versions of toad are compastes of comic and film toads.

marvelrobbins is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.