Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #626
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As part of report Is claiming the hellfire club survivors may have been cut from script after
Bryan took over as director
http://whatculture.com/film/bryan-si...of-future-past
the person who wrote that is just guessing they may have been cut once brian took over, nothing to read into really

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-20-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #627
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
As part of report Is claiming the hellfire club survivors may have been cut from script after
Bryan took over as director
http://whatculture.com/film/bryan-si...of-future-past

Glad Magneto ditched those losers.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #628
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Glad Magneto ditched those losers.

I know you're probably joking but I actually agree. No one wants to see the chick with bug wings who spits.... she really is a loser in the mutant community.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #629
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
We have no dates for any film in the OT. All we know is that X1-3 spans about one year, or even less.

You're saying that the events which took place in X1,X2, and X3 all happened in one year or even less than that? Do you have proof, because I find that hard to believe.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #630
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You're saying that the events which took place in X1,X2, and X3 all happened in one year or even less than that? Do you have proof, because I find that hard to believe.
Well, end of X1 Logan is sent by Xavier to Alkalai lake. He returns from that trip beginning of X2. I doubt that trip took more than a few weeks.

Then in X3, Jeans death still feels pretty fresh, so I'd assume it's only been a few months since X2.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #631
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Well, end of X1 Logan is sent by Xavier to Alkalai lake. He returns from that trip beginning of X2. I doubt that trip took more than a few weeks.

Then in X3, Jeans death feels pretty fresh still feels pretty fresh, so I'd assume it's only been a few months since X2.

But we have no way of knowing how long Logan was gone. We don't even know if he went straight to Alkalai Lake or got into things along the way.

Then with Jean's death all we know is that the characters are still bent out of shape about it, but that was someone they cared about so that was understandable. Hell, it could have taken place a year before X3 and the pain would still feel fresh.

I guess my point is that none of us actually know the time-span of all 3 movies, so we shouldn't be making that out to be a fact. Personally, I really don't think all of that happened in a year or less. Maybe 2 years at the most, but again, there's no way to be certain at the moment.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #632
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

Then in X3, Jeans death still feels pretty fresh, so I'd assume it's only been a few months since X2.
In X2 Cyclops mentions a month ago Jean could barely leviate a book and now when she has nightmare the room shakes.So X2 Is at most a month after events
of X-men.Now last Stand Is tougher to pindown but I doudt jean was underwater for a year.

We have no way of knowing when the trilogy took place.Bryan Said he In placing Xavier and Magneto In mid 20's In 1962 In first Class was working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's ages.So that could place X-men In the mid 1990's.Working from that Origins takes place In Early 1980's.
Now It Is kinda of a retcon but X-Men has long history of retconning.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #633
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
In X2 Cyclops mentions a month ago Jean could barely leviate a book and now when she has nightmare the room shakes.So X2 Is at most a month after events
of X-men.Now last Stand Is tougher to pindown but I doudt jean was underwater for a year.

We have no way of knowing when the trilogy took place.Bryan Said he In placing Xavier and Magneto In mid 20's In 1962 In first Class was working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's ages.So that could place X-men In the mid 1990's.Working from that Origins takes place In Early 1980's.
Now It Is kinda of a retcon but X-Men has long history of retconning.
But how does that automatically mean that X2 took place a month after X1, at the most? That month that Cyclops is talking about could have taken place a few months after the events on Liberty Island for all we know.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #634
JP
Smelly

Nope, he says "Ever since Liberty Island, you've been different". Then says how she was a month ago, and how she is now. So there you have it. X2 is less than a month after X1.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #635
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah that's what I always assumed too. It's not necessarily a month after Liberty island...

It could have been her telepathy has been increased since liberty island and only a month prior to X2 her telekinesis has gotten out of hand.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #636
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Nope, he says "Ever since Liberty Island, you've been different". Then says how she was a month ago, and how she is now. So there you have it. X2 is less than a month after X1.
Regardless, Jean still did not say that Liberty Island happened a month before that, and neither did Cyclops. We still have no way of knowing when it happened, so nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yeah that's what I always assumed too. It's not necessarily a month after Liberty island...

It could have been her telepathy has been increased since liberty island and only a month prior to X2 her telekinesis has gotten out of hand.
This.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #637
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I always thought it was pretty clear that the trilogy took place within a year. There's more evidence to suggest that it did, then there is to prove that it spanned multiple years.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #638
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I always thought it was pretty clear that the trilogy took place within a year. There's more evidence to suggest that it did, then there is to prove that it spanned multiple years.
What evidence is there? I'd like to believe it, but there's no concrete proof that it took place within a year, just like there's no concrete proof it did not. But if you can present this evidence, I'd be grateful.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #639
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Regardless, Jean still did not say that Liberty Island happened a month before that, and neither did Cyclops. We still have no way of knowing when it happened, so nothing has changed.
Er, yes. That is clearly stated in his comment.

He specifically says she's been different SINCE Liberty Island, then mentions her change happened a month ago, ergo Liberty Island was a month ago.

If a month ago she had to concentrate to levitate a book and now when she has a nightmare the entire bedroom shakes, but Liberty Island happened months ago, why would he say "every since liberty island you've been different" and then proceed to give an example of a difference that happened months after Liberty Island?

Holy run-on sentence.

Last edited by JP; 03-20-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #640
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

All I know is that the OT is not set in the 90s.

That is all.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #641
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Er, yes. That is clearly stated in his comment.

He specifically says she's been different SINCE Liberty Island, then mentions her change happened a month ago, ergo Liberty Island was a month ago.

If a month ago she had to concentrate to levitate a book and now when she has a nightmare the entire bedroom shakes, but Liberty Island happened months ago, why would he say "every since liberty island you've been different" and then proceed to give an example of a difference that happened months after Liberty Island?

Holy run-on sentence.
Just watched the scene again.

Cyclops says she's been different since liberty island. Then he goes on to say it's not just her telepathy that's changed, which indicates that he's talking about other things besides her powers. Then he talks about how a month ago, she couldn't levitate a book and how she can now cause the entire bedroom to shake.

Once again, they do not outright say or hint at liberty island taking place a month before X2. You drew that conclusion on your own.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #642
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I know you're probably joking but I actually agree. No one wants to see the chick with bug wings who spits.... she really is a loser in the mutant community.
How crappy do you have to be to be replaced by Toad.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #643
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
How crappy do you have to be to be replaced by Toad.
Toad is great, though. He's a loser, but he has fans outside the comics and movies unlike Angel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #644
Nathan

Plus, he was played by Ray Park. So that automatically made him awesome.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #645
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

I just watched X-Men lol. My fave part is when he spits into Jean's face...which is well downright bad if you ask me. I mean Jean had it really bad...it was right on her face. But I do love the moment when Scott saves her by blasting her face. ha. "Oh god," he says.

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill
Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #646
JP
Smelly

But see, sometimes a sucky character is made awesome in the movies by the actor playing them. Azazel and Toad are those sucky awesome character actors america funtime now.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #647
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Yeah, Toad was really lame before X1 and Evolution. I think I heard that X1 gave him that long slimy tongue of his, but I might be wrong about that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #648
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
But see, sometimes a sucky character is made awesome in the movies by the actor playing them. Azazel and Toad are those sucky awesome character actors america funtime now.
The ****?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #649
JP
Smelly

Um, you know what comics Toad could do? Leap. Yeah. That right. Leap.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #650
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, Toad was really lame before X1 and Evolution. I think I heard that X1 gave him that long slimy tongue of his, but I might be wrong about that.
The first X-men totally changed toad.They even changed him In comics to match.X-Men evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men versions of toad are compastes of comic and film toads.

Closed Thread