The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #126
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,849
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4ever View Post
Well everyone now that Jack the Giant Slayer flopped and was not well recieved I don't believe DOFP will be a commercial succes. Also, there are too many characters getting crammed in. And I didn't want overpriced Halle Berry back because I have never considered her Storm. She's just some barbie doll in a white wig.

Peace, I'm out!
Yup, now a totally unrelated film has flopped, this is bound to follow. I'd be amazed if 20% of the audience knew/cared that Singer was behind both by the time DOFP is released.

henzINNIT is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #127
Double B
Side-Kick
 
Double B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4ever View Post
Well everyone now that Jack the Giant Slayer flopped and was not well recieved I don't believe DOFP will be a commercial succes. Also, there are too many characters getting crammed in. And I didn't want overpriced Halle Berry back because I have never considered her Storm. She's just some barbie doll in a white wig.

Peace, I'm out!

Double B is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #128
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,312
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

As I predicted some are posting to boost jack bombed.

I am going to try to see It this weekend so I can judge It for myself but noone Is going to care about that when Days of future Past starts promation.

marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #129
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,495
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If Emma Is In DOFP It will be as member of Brotherhood.Now If January Jones plays her again would be a question.Possibilty of Emma,Banshee,and Haovk all being recast.
I really hope we can finally get some confirmation about these 3 because they are only characters that I want to return (besides Angel + Colossus having a cameo in the future period).

I wonder why Bryan Singer hasn't announced any returning actors from First Class since he announced the return of Ian/Patrick. I hope its just that the cast of First Class already signed for two more X-Men films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I understand your point (and I personally want to see Emma again) but this is set 10 YEARS after First Class. A LOT can happen in ten years. Her absence would be understandable and it does nothing to detract from the series as a whole in terms of continuity. They could very well write her out of the story with a line. Besides Emma doesn't appear in the original trilogy at all so we wouldn't necessarily need to know what happened.

Yes Magneto broke her out of prison and offered her a place on his team but again this is ten year's later she could have served the purpose that he wanted her for. And again he could explain that with one line of dialogue.

I think if Emma isn't in this then Fox might say she is on a mission researching stryker, and that's where she gets captured and Wolverine comes save her. To fix the problem with XMO wolverine. or maybe she's dead
But its not good story-telling and not a good transition for the sequel if they can just drop off characters because of the 10-year gap.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-06-2013 at 05:28 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #130
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think it would be nice to address her absence, if indeed she is absent. That's because it was in one of the First Class final scenes in which Magneto recruited her, and so if you immediately watched DoFP you would want to know something of what happened in those 10 years.

The First Class series was supposed to fill in the backstory of the missing years not create even more mysteries about those missing years.
totally agree with this point and many other of your comments and by Mad ones.

Continuity is a great feeling, and we're talking about keeping almost all the characters of a previous movie.

I really understand the 10 years gap, but that doesnt mean Emma isnt doing anything around 1973, just because she isnt with the brotherhood doesnt mean she isnt doing big things by her own.

And as some users have mentioned a few times in the latest months, to drop characters like crazy is bad storytelling and breaks the continuity feel that all the franchises have.

Emma Frost is an iconic character from the comics, and she has her own fans too, and even some not so fans want to see more from her, so to drop a character like her from one movie to another doesnt feel fair.

And on another hand, to release this big event movie that is selling the combination of the TWO casts, while only FOUR actors from FC are returning (right now), well.... to me feels like a joke.

To me, its more special to keep almost all the characters from FC, except Angel and Riptide, that arent important characters, but all the other characters have history on the comics and have connections to the lead characters, Xavier and Mystique, specially.

so to me, to drop more than half the cast of FC is such a WRONG decision.

Angamb is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #131
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,495
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4ever View Post
Well everyone now that Jack the Giant Slayer flopped and was not well recieved I don't believe DOFP will be a commercial succes. Also, there are too many characters getting crammed in. And I didn't want overpriced Halle Berry back because I have never considered her Storm. She's just some barbie doll in a white wig. Peace, I'm out!
LOL! Bye!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #132
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick
 
Alison Blaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 376
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

11 years not 10.

Alison Blaire is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #133
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,312
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

I had mentioned that.

marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #134
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,062
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

I hope the character posters for this film are even half as good as the Catching Fire ones.

JP is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #135
Double B
Side-Kick
 
Double B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I hope the character posters for this film are even half as good as the Catching Fire ones.
Link to these?

I want awesome individual shots. I can't wait.

Double B is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #136
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,495
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I hope the character posters for this film are even half as good as the Catching Fire ones.
If you are talking about the posters with the chair, I'm not a fan of it. I prefer the simple character posters they had for the 1st movie.

And the character posters for this film should be like the character posters of Iron Man 3.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #137
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,388
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As I predicted some are posting to boost jack bombed.

I am going to try to see It this weekend so I can judge It for myself but noone Is going to care about that when Days of future Past starts promation.
Nobody cares about it now, let alone by then.

BMM is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #138
JackMercy
Side-Kick
 
JackMercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I wonder why Bryan Singer hasn't announced any returning actors from First Class since he announced the return of Ian/Patrick. I hope its just that the cast of First Class already signed for two more X-Men films.
Hmm...how do I make this simple?

Because.they're.not.in.this.movie.

And contracts for actors usually mean bupkiss if the studio or filmmakers decide to "go another way"...which is precisely what happened here.

I'll put it yet another way -- do you honestly think that any of the actors from First Class (or any of the original cast, for that matter) are taking longer to negotiate than Halle Berry?


__________________
CS/SHH!: Well in the first film...(Bale sees the guy asking the question is wearing a Superman T-shirt.)

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #139
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,075
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix101 View Post
i loved her as emma and i think it would be stupid to disclude her because the ending of first class was Erik recrouting her... other whys the ending to first class was pointless
Oy. And here I thought the Canadian education system was better up here in the Great White North than our American cousins.

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #140
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4ever View Post
Well everyone now that Jack the Giant Slayer flopped and was not well recieved I don't believe DOFP will be a commercial succes. Also, there are too many characters getting crammed in. And I didn't want overpriced Halle Berry back because I have never considered her Storm. She's just some barbie doll in a white wig.

Peace, I'm out!
Okay. And who are you again?

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #141
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,312
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Someone who posts to bash X-Men films and boost that Jack was a disappointment.

marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #142
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Someone who posts to bash X-Men films and boost that Jack was a disappointment.
LOL I know. I wasn't asking him/her because I truly cared or anything like that.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #143
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...
 
DarknessOfDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my ship...with my guardian friends :)
Posts: 27,067
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

On that note, I hope we get some news soon.

__________________
"Star Lord man...legendary outlaw? C'mon guys..." - Quill.
DarknessOfDeath is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #144
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,495
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Hmm...how do I make this simple?

Because.they're.not.in.this.movie.

And contracts for actors usually mean bupkiss if the studio or filmmakers decide to "go another way"...which is precisely what happened here.

I'll put it yet another way -- do you honestly think that any of the actors from First Class (or any of the original cast, for that matter) are taking longer to negotiate than Halle Berry?

Well Jason Flemyng said in an interview that he will be back for DOFP but Bryan Singer hasn't announced that he will be back.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #145
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,402
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

I just hope Zoe Kravitz is kept far, far away from this production. I really couldn't stand her FC character at all...in fact, she was the biggest downer for me out of an otherwise strong cast.

Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #146
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think it would be nice to address her absence, if indeed she is absent. That's because it was in one of the First Class final scenes in which Magneto recruited her, and so if you immediately watched DoFP you would want to know something of what happened in those 10 years.
Well to be pedantic the movie didn't actually finish with Emma accepting Erik's offer. Though the implication is certainly there.

It would be pretty weird if the whole Brotherhood in DoFP was just Magneto and Mystique, so I'm pretty sure there'll be other members whether old or new.

Mrs Vimes is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #147
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,849
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
It would be pretty weird if the whole Brotherhood in DoFP was just Magneto and Mystique, so I'm pretty sure there'll be other members whether old or new.
If it is just Magneto and Mystique, I'm sure there will be a reason for the group being in tatters. Lets not forget that these two are shown to be the only two that remain constant throughout the series, so there may well be a plot reason given for the First Class group's absence.

henzINNIT is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #148
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

would be really boring if the 70's x-men only have to fight Magneto and Mystique.

Im pretty sure there will be at least one or two more members

Angamb is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #149
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Yup, now a totally unrelated film has flopped, this is bound to follow. I'd be amazed if 20% of the audience knew/cared that Singer was behind both by the time DOFP is released.
I know right? Joss Whedon directed the biggest film since Avatar and the film he made before that made peanuts. The general audience does not care about the directors of these films.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #150
JackMercy
Side-Kick
 
JackMercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well Jason Flemyng said in an interview that he will be back for DOFP but Bryan Singer hasn't announced that he will be back.
What Flemyng actually said was:

"Fingers crossed [that] Bryan will make the call..."

Flemyng is a cool guy, but I'm thinking he was perhaps speaking ahead of himself a bit, here...

And unrelated, Singer has said: "When I tweet it, it's for real."

And he hasn't. Although, to be fair (and this is not a criticism of the actor), Flemyng is still not what we would really call a "name," and he could simply have another non-speaking, thuggy-background role.

But I'm betting Azazel's going to be hanging at the local pub with Ms. Frost...off screen.


__________________
CS/SHH!: Well in the first film...(Bale sees the guy asking the question is wearing a Superman T-shirt.)

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.