The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #101
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Person Of Interest - Part 1

Can someone please explain to me what that whole article was about that had Shaw rankled? That completely went over my head.

I get that it had something to do with her partner Cole. But what did Finch have to do with that article? Did Finch manipulate the media to change their story on Cole or something?

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #102
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Another quality episode, it reminded me a bit of a Joseph Finder plot. The little friendship with Finch and Monica was nice and I loved Bear getting in on a mission.

There are so many factions in play now it's getting hard to keep track. There's HR, Control, the International spy syndicate, Elias and then the solo threat of Root. I'm also hoping we see Wesley again.

On top of that there is still the secret to come out about the system that Finch created that was used to try and kill Reese and Kara, plus we could see his old partner's son pop back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
They've gotta make Shahi a regular next season.
Agreed, she can pick up the action slack as it's clear how much Caviezel is struggling with the fight scenes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Can someone please explain to me what that whole article was about that had Shaw rankled? That completely went over my head.

I get that it had something to do with her partner Cole. But what did Finch have to do with that article? Did Finch manipulate the media to change their story on Cole or something?
She wasn't rankled as such, she just wanted to confirm Finch was behind it. Her friend Cole had been hung out to dry as a traitor by control rather than protected as a CIA agent would be which pissed her off as it damaged the memory Cole's parents had of him.

Finch hacked Langley and created a backstory for Cole and then leaked that he'd been killed in the line of duty to the press, thus giving his parents peace and protecting them from Control as they'd no longer have any interest in looking further into their sons death.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #103
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Why is Caviezel struggling with the fight scenes?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #104
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Apparently he got struck by lightning.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #105
Frico

I read that happend in 2003. Never knew.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #106
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Another quality episode, it reminded me a bit of a Joseph Finder plot. The little friendship with Finch and Monica was nice and I loved Bear getting in on a mission.

There are so many factions in play now it's getting hard to keep track. There's HR, Control, the International spy syndicate, Elias and then the solo threat of Root. I'm also hoping we see Wesley again.

On top of that there is still the secret to come out about the system that Finch created that was used to try and kill Reese and Kara, plus we could see his old partner's son pop back up.

Agreed, she can pick up the action slack as it's clear how much Caviezel is struggling with the fight scenes now.

She wasn't rankled as such, she just wanted to confirm Finch was behind it. Her friend Cole had been hung out to dry as a traitor by control rather than protected as a CIA agent would be which pissed her off as it damaged the memory Cole's parents had of him.

Finch hacked Langley and created a backstory for Cole and then leaked that he'd been killed in the line of duty to the press, thus giving his parents peace and protecting them from Control as they'd no longer have any interest in looking further into their sons death.
I think Shaw's reaction and body language was sort of harsh considering Reese and Finch were trying to help. She was a bit ungrateful and unlikable in this episode.

I don't think it's because he was struck by lightning so much as he's an older dude now and it's a physical demanding role.

Just saying, all the physical stunts can take a toll on you. It got Alex O'Loughlin addicted to painkillers on Hawaii Five-0.

- CM Punk
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #107
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Apparently he got struck by lightning.
But he seemed okay the first season with the fighting scenes. I thought something new happened with healing up injuries?

Old 04-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #108
ravn0s
Side-Kick

great episode.

Quote:
But he seemed okay the first season with the fighting scenes. I thought something new happened with healing up injuries?
he was in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago and he's sustained a few injuries during fight scenes for the show.

Quote:
He tells People magazine, "It's hard when you get a cracked rib... (I've had) a separated shoulder, a busted nose, a kneecap here and there and (a) punch to the face...

Last edited by ravn0s; 04-06-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #109
THUNDERSTRIKE
SAW MY FILM AND IT SUCKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
great episode.

he was in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago and he's sustained a few injuries during fight scenes for the show.
and THIS is why you sometimes have to nut up and admit that there's some things that you just can't or shouldn't do anymore, whether you personally like it or not...

and this is where the stunt guys have to come into play to cover your ass, keep you safe and make you and the scene look good...

that's what they're there for...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
Phill'ya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 04-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #110
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I think Shaw's reaction and body language was sort of harsh considering Reese and Finch were trying to help. She was a bit ungrateful and unlikable in this episode.

I don't think it's because he was struck by lightning so much as he's an older dude now and it's a physical demanding role.

Just saying, all the physical stunts can take a toll on you. It got Alex O'Loughlin addicted to painkillers on Hawaii Five-0.
Shaw is abrasive, she trusts nobody and has just recently been betrayed, it'll take time for her to warm to Finch and Reese if she does at all.

The strange thing is how fast he has deteriorated between season 1 and 2, it just feels like he must have an injury that has substantially hindered his mobility.

In the case of O'Loughlin I think the tackles every week were how he hurt his shoulder, some of them looked pretty high impact for stunts. I've noticed since he returned from rehab they have cut back on them a lot, but overall there isn't any noticeable difference in the physicality and mobility of McGarrett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
When I first brought it up someone mentioned the lightning thing so I assumed that had happened between seasons, now we know it didn't there must be something else that has set him back physically between 1 and 2.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #111
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
great episode.

Ahh, okay, this makes sense. I knew I remembered reading about him sustaining some injuries during season one. It's great that he puts so much effort into them, but it sucks if he gets really hurt performing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
and THIS is why you sometimes have to nut up and admit that there's some things that you just can't or shouldn't do anymore, whether you personally like it or not...

and this is where the stunt guys have to come into play to cover your ass, keep you safe and make you and the scene look good...

that's what they're there for...
But there are some actors that just do not want a stunt double to be used, and you gotta give those actors some credit for wanting to do most of their stuff.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #112
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Shaw is abrasive, she trusts nobody and has just recently been betrayed, it'll take time for her to warm to Finch and Reese if she does at all.

The strange thing is how fast he has deteriorated between season 1 and 2, it just feels like he must have an injury that has substantially hindered his mobility.

In the case of O'Loughlin I think the tackles every week were how he hurt his shoulder, some of them looked pretty high impact for stunts. I've noticed since he returned from rehab they have cut back on them a lot, but overall there isn't any noticeable difference in the physicality and mobility of McGarrett.

When I first brought it up someone mentioned the lightning thing so I assumed that had happened between seasons, now we know it didn't there must be something else that has set him back physically between 1 and 2.
I don't mind so much when we see things like him shooting his gun from the hip. That was awesome.

- CM Punk
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #113
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

The Bad Robot Art Experience

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #114
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I don't mind so much when we see things like him shooting his gun from the hip. That was awesome.
Agreed, Reese sticking to shootouts and Shaw doing the CQC would be ideal.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #115
rayc1971
Side-Kick

I think they are sitting shaw up for a possible spinoff

Old 04-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #116
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

If that was the case, I think we would've heard as much up front. I mean, CBS made their intentions pretty clear with the spinoff of NCIS: LA they're attempting.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #117
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
LOST, Super 8, Alias, Cloverfield, Mission: Impossible(?), Revolution, Star Trek, Person of Interest...what's the hand for? Fringe?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #118
Jordacar
The Endless One

Well now I finally know how a computer can literally burst into flames.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #119
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
LOST, Super 8, Alias, Cloverfield, Mission: Impossible(?), Revolution, Star Trek, Person of Interest...what's the hand for? Fringe?
Yeah, the six-fingered hand was one of the glyphs that would appear before commercial breaks and in the opening credits.

Also, season finale details...

Quote:
THURSDAY, MAY 9
PERSON OF INTEREST (9:01/8:01c)
When The Machine goes offline, Finch’s elusive original motivations for helping its irrelevant numbers begin to come to light as he and Reese join forces with surprising allies in the race to save it.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #120
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

I was just about to post that. Sounds epic.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #121
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

So I started rewatching Alias a while back and I noticed how similar Amy Ackers character is to her character in POI.

Last edited by Kaleb; 04-14-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #122
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Person of Interest - No Sophomore Slump for Last Season's #1 New Show

Quote:

NO SOPHOMORE SLUMP FOR LAST SEASON'S #1 NEW SHOW

"Person of Interest" Now a Top Five Series

Remains Network Television's Fastest-Growing Drama

CBS's PERSON OF INTEREST, last season's #1 new program, is concluding its sophomore season with year-to-year growth in viewers and demos and ranks as primetime's fifth-most-watched program, according to Nielsen most current ratings.

This season, PERSON OF INTEREST is television's fastest-growing drama, gaining +1.88 million viewers from last season. Among adults 18-49, PERSON OF INTEREST is averaging 3.5/10, up +3% from last year.

With an average audience of 16.15 million viewers, PERSON OF INTEREST places ahead of both editions of "American Idol" and "The Voice," "Dancing with the Stars" and "Modern Family," among others. The only non-CBS program with more viewers is "Sunday Night Football."

Source: CBS

Old 04-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #123
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Yes, CBS, we get it. For all your idiotic scheduling patterns, you are still the number 1 network on television. Good for you.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #124
THUNDERSTRIKE
SAW MY FILM AND IT SUCKED

oh s**t... the storm has arrived...

"SYSTEM CORRUPTED"

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
Phill'ya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #125
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

KEEP GOING, DON'T END THERE!

Closed Thread