The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #201
ravn0s
Side-Kick

Default Re: Person Of Interest - Part 1

Quote:
So was Finch the one that had the physical machine moved in preparation for the virus setting it free?
when stanton infected the machine with the virus, there was another virus within that virus that enabled the machine to control itself, become self aware. the machine detected it was in danger, so it moved itself to another location.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #202
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

johnny 5 is alive?

While I really like the twist... I'd loved to have seen the machine itself...been wondering recently if it's just a number of banks of computer nodes or if there's something a little fancier to the machine's look.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #203
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE DEVIL MADE ME EAT IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think ultimately at some point, the machine AI is going to become the main villain and use assassins to hunt down Reese and Finch.
man, I'm REALLY intrigued and liking THAT scenario... wouldn't mind seeing that at some point in the future as a sort of a final season story arc leading to the series end...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #204
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I mean the machine is an independent free thinking AI now, and I mean . . . that's pretty dangerous.

What if it thinks the only way of protecting everyone is by doing the Skynet thing? Or if it thinks Reese and Finch become a threat to protecting as many people as possible or think they get in the way. Equally dangerous.

OK here is the other thing that is bugging me.

We know the malware that affected the machine was uploaded by Decima. However, Finch is basically the one who created that malware. But does that mean that office in NYC that Reese and Snow infiltrated had parts of the machine or the malware went to the machine as well because of a shared network?

- CM Punk
Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #205
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE DEVIL MADE ME EAT IT

so many staggering possibilities and scenarios there, now that the Machine HAS gone AI...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 05-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #206
Donut
Side-Kick

I could see this as a final season thing. Finch deciding that they have to destroy the machine. Then the machine gets everybody on them

Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #207
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Terrific season finale!

Loved how the machine saved itself. Feel real bad for the path Carter is going down. I mean, she had dreams of being FBI!

Really enjoyed that the machine kept giving Reese numbers still during the whole thing! What normally would take a whole episode was resolved in seconds. My favorite was the gunman at the wedding. Reese and Shaw just pull up, Reese shoots the gunman and says, "Congratulations!"

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #208
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Its almost too far fetched for it to happen (in fact it is) but I could see the machine ''inserting'' itself within Root so has full ability to do what it couldnt do before, lets face it Root does look down on humankind and (except Finch) probably wouldnt be against it as she will see it as the next step in human evolution, and is a religious fanatic when it comes to the machine.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #209
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Really enjoyed that the machine kept giving Reese numbers still during the whole thing! What normally would take a whole episode was resolved in seconds. My favorite was the gunman at the wedding. Reese and Shaw just pull up, Reese shoots the gunman and says, "Congratulations!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #210
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Terrific season finale!

Loved how the machine saved itself. Feel real bad for the path Carter is going down. I mean, she had dreams of being FBI!

Easily one of the best cases they've shown of Reese responding to a number.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #211
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I've got to say: that was not only a great season finale, but an episode that turns an already good series into a potentially awesome one.
The whole idea of the machine is interesting enough to give us some great, new, fresh stuff on TV. And I applaud that.
Very well done. Ranking high into one of my favorites series ever.

Last edited by DyeLorean; 05-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #212
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
so many staggering possibilities and scenarios there, now that the Machine HAS gone AI...
It appears to have become self-aware as well.

- CM Punk
Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #213
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I just managed to watch this and...wow, just wow. The so called "God Mode" was awesome, I never saw it coming, it worked well with the established rules of the show. There was so much going on, I particularly loved Finch's flashbacks, it was one of the main mysteries of the show that I was really looking forward to know. It was so tragic and well played. To finally know that Ingram was indeed trying to help people, and tying his demise to the reason of the "eye opening" for Finch to see the irrelevant list in its rightful way was great. And the heartbreaking scene with Grace at the end... I hope that those two get together one day.

The machine being self aware, and all the revelations that Finch discussed with Root were so intriguing, and now that the Machine is free is kind of a relief. I don't think the Machine would turn evil, I look at it in a more Asimovian way, but the theory is indeed very interesting. It seems as the ending of one chapter, with some seeds for the future.

Still one of my favorite shows, it hasn't let me down. Looking forward to season 3!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #214
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think ultimately at some point, the machine AI is going to become the main villain and use assassins to hunt down Reese and Finch.
Yeah, I think that is the inevitable route, something like the machine is just too powerful and in the end Finch will have to destroy his creation like with every AI that becomes self aware in movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
The Machine mimicked the senator's voice to authorize the government to move it so that it wouldn't be tampered with..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
when stanton infected the machine with the virus, there was another virus within that virus that enabled the machine to control itself, become self aware. the machine detected it was in danger, so it moved itself to another location.
Mind...........blown!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #215
Paradox1
Side-Kick

So did Jonathan Nolan and JJ trick CBS into making a sci fi show? In the beginning it seemed very much of a procedural with a hink of the machine. Now with a self aware AI its feels more like a sci-fi show.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #216
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Paradox1, I don't think so. While the pilot didn't really seem to present itself that well, there were always the hints and buildup that the machine was an AI and "intelligent." It was always observing everything and it was picking options like "observe" or classifying subjects like Reese as an asset or threat.

A machine this powerful in itself is a bit of science fiction anyway. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if something like this existed, but the government getting it to work is kind of unbelievable.

Though if you think about it, the program is NOT unlike the one in EAGLE EYE.

- CM Punk
Old 05-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #217
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Only way this series goes full sci fi is if they begin season 3 10/20 years into the future with the machine in control of everything,and Reese been the leader of the resistance .

Old 05-13-2013, 02:14 AM   #218
Paradox1
Side-Kick

That sounds more like fringe

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #219
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

That is what I had in mind

Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #220
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

LOL, don't think it will ever get that far.

I think it would have to end with the Machine getting shut down. Reese or Finch dies. Maybe someone else lives on to carry out their legacy with a new program that isn't as harmful.

Ultimately, while the tech is questionable, the goals of Reese and Finch are ultimately philanthropic and honorable. They are helping people who are desperate and backed into a wall. They are rogues but the system itself is corrupt. The NYPD is filled with corruption. The mayor's aid is head of HR. And the government is corrupt through their use of the machine.

- CM Punk
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #221
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

'Person of Interest' promotes Sarah Shahi to series regular for Season 3

Really like this move as Shaw and Reese made a good team and gives them some more possible storylines involving her past as well.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #222
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Also, seeing the show moved to after the NCIS shows is sort of a plus now since my night is now all booked up. My only worry is that Elementary will lose a good lead-in as CBS makes another comedy block on Thursday night. That does bode well for NBC now that they don't have to worry about getting overwhelmed by POI in the 9 PM timeslot.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #223
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
So did Jonathan Nolan and JJ trick CBS into making a sci fi show? In the beginning it seemed very much of a procedural with a hink of the machine. Now with a self aware AI its feels more like a sci-fi show.
My gut tells me the show will always straddle the line between procedural and sci-fi, at times veering one way or the other but never leaving one of those elements behind. I don't think it will become a full on sci-fi show.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #224
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I wonder what Shaw's role will be in season 3. IMHO it's hard to see her as part of the team with Finch and Reese, but I guess will see. I still figured they were aiming to make her a spinoff character.

I'm glad this show has become a runaway success. Such a relief after seeing so many shows I supported die after one or 2 seasons.

- CM Punk
Old 05-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #225
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I always figured she'd end up a regular. If they were using her for a spinoff, I think they would've made that known up front.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Closed Thread