The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #51
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL

I say hell yes. Batman is a part of the Justice League. Batman is human and has realistic abilities. Nolan created the best realistic Batman possible. So he should be a part of the best Justice League possible!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #52
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman34 View Post
Not neccessarily. You all are assuming that the general audience would give a flying fig that Bale is in the cowl in a Justice League movie? We fanboys can obsess over the minuate, but come now, seeing the new Supes with the guy that just played Bats in a mega epic Justice League (or just World's Finest!) would get butts in the seats and help make the studio $$$$$
Even though I'm interested to see how they will reboot Batman in the future, I am thrilled at the prospect of seeing Bale's Bats in the hands of Synder or whomever will direct the movie.
And also, whats all this backlash that some keep saying that they dont want to see Bats in a movie with superpowered people? I mean, have any of you actually watched Superfriends or BTAS or JLU? or even read the comic books? Where ever Bats goes, the people will follow!! I mean I didnt hear alot of complaining when the Avengers included Capt America! I know he is the supposed to be the pinnacle of human physicality but he has no superpowers either!
The only backlash to this news would basically be a segment of fanboys who for whatever reasons don't like the idea of Nolan changing his mind. I can guarantee that the general audiences, who , like it or not ,are the ones who will make or break this film, will not have a problem with Bale coming back.

Any I understand the complaints , reservations , and skepticism about incorporating Nolan's Batman into JLA, but if true Nolan is coming back. He's the guy who saved Batman. He gave us the Dark Knight trilogy. The guy knows what he's doing.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #53
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

The Nolanites done took over the thread.

There goes any chance of a reasoned argument.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #54
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
TDKR is over, just like Batman '89 and Batman '66. I seriously doubt that anything they do with the character now will change those films.
Yes. If this rumor does pan out, a Nolan-produced JL doesn't mean TDKR will be ignored. The film will still be there for people to see, buy, or whatever. It's not going away.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #55
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
The Nolanites done took over the thread.

There goes any chance of a reasoned argument.
Nolanites are welcome as long as they come see the movie. The WB will take all $1 billion of them.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #56
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Nolanites are welcome as long as they come see the movie. The WB will take all $1 billion of them.

Not everyone who saw The Dark Knight Rises is a Nolanite just like everyone who saw Avenegrs wasn't a Whedonite.

We're talking a minority of fanboys who want Nolan's stamp on all Bat-cinema forever.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #57
Frodo
Side-Kick

I don't know if i'm a Nolanite given that I had alot issues with TDKR and I thought Avengers was much better . I was pretty much on board for a reboot and was against the idea of a Blake Batman JLA. Heck, I was against the JLA project in general.

On the other hand , I was open to the idea of Bale coming back in a JLA , TDKR be damned. I didn't think it was gonna happen , and I thought it was a really bad idea to try to reboot Batman and get JLA out by 2015.

That said , i'm not so dogmatic that I'm against the idea of a proven group handling what's been, by all accounts, a shakey project. If the whole thing turns out to be BS, and we get a rebooted Non- Nolan Batman that'll be great too.

WB is clearly hell bent on making this thing , and there's really no turning back from their standpoint. I just want it do well and right whether that be with a new team and a new Batman or Nolan and Bale.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #58
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #59
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
If WB manages to make it happen, without undermining TDKR's ending, a solid "yes" from me.
They would have to manage not to undermine the entire trilogy. Part of it is Nolan's Batman's power level. He would have to be a human cyborg to stand toe-to-toe with Supes and whatever enemies Supes can't handle by himself.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #60
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Why does Blake have to die? He can become Nightwing.
or tell blake to just go away

Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #61
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Why is it still acceptable to add "ite" to the last name of a director to distinguish what kind of fan you are? I always found it to be a bit childish and silly.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #62
JackWhite
Third Man

I would love Bale to come back, only if the script is of quality.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #63
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Why is it still acceptable to add "ite" to the last name of a director to distinguish what kind of fan you are? I always found it to be a bit childish and silly.
It's just a label for people who defend all-things Nolan and act like Batman was nonsense before Nolan elevated him to the heavens. Don't act like such people don't exist.

Last edited by MessiahDecoy123; 03-04-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #64
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

If Bale does come back, I dont want him as the same Batman from The Dark Knight Trilogy, keep the actor, change the character (slightly).

The way Nolan made TDKT, it works best in its own universe and not a shared one, why? Cause The Avengers can joke all they want about Tony Stark not being a team player, The Dark Knight doesn't joke about it, he's not a team player and wouldn't be part of the team at all, he'd just run off and do his own thing which would defeat the point of him being there.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #65
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

I didn't like the idea after seeing the end of TDKR, but now, with this rumor, I don't mind it. It would definitely be a good way to show Batman's growth as a character, not to mention be a nice way to tie together the continuity of those films in with the more fantastical elements of the Superman mythos. I like the Nolan trilogy, personally, so it isn't a big deal for me. Integrate John Blake and Selina Kyle into the new continuity. Give them more to do. I would love to see Superman and Batman, already established without any reboot necessary.

Of course, I feel a World's Finest film would work better before going into a JLA film. Just to establish Batman as a rogue hero who doesn't play well with others. By the end of World's Finest, he's...willing to work with the team. It wouldn't be until JLA where he's a full blown team player.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #66
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
If Bale does come back, I dont want him as the same Batman from The Dark Knight Trilogy, keep the actor, change the character (slightly).

The way Nolan made TDKT, it works best in its own universe and not a shared one, why? Cause The Avengers can joke all they want about Tony Stark not being a team player, The Dark Knight doesn't joke about it, he's not a team player and wouldn't be part of the team at all, he'd just run off and do his own thing which would defeat the point of him being there.
Not a team player? He asks for Selina Kyle's help multiple times. Same with Gordon and Blake.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #67
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Would you be for this or against it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Love hearing this news IF it turns out to be true, which it seems like it will come to fruition. Finally!

If Snyder directs, then I would like to see him redesign the Bat suit however which I'm sure would happen.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #68
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
They would have to manage not to undermine the entire trilogy. Part of it is Nolan's Batman's power level. He would have to be a human cyborg to stand toe-to-toe with Supes and whatever enemies Supes can't handle by himself.

Don't worry. I'm sure the integrity of Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy will remain intact Anita.

No worries. Everything will be okay.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #69
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
The only backlash to this news would basically be a segment of fanboys who for whatever reasons don't like the idea of Nolan changing his mind. I can guarantee that the general audiences, who , like it or not ,are the ones who will make or break this film, will not have a problem with Bale coming back.

Any I understand the complaints , reservations , and skepticism about incorporating Nolan's Batman into JLA, but if true Nolan is coming back. He's the guy who saved Batman. He gave us the Dark Knight trilogy. The guy knows what he's doing.

Post of the day! Bravo!

Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #70
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Not a team player? He asks for Selina Kyle's help multiple times. Same with Gordon and Blake.
He's a team player as long as he's in charge of the team and run background checks on everybody.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #71
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLYHYPERGUY View Post
It could still work. Just have Bruce be the overseer of the Justice League in a more tactical role rather than a fieldwork role and have Blake be the Batman of Gotham a la Batman, Inc. The one of Gotham (Blake) is known by the public, but the one of the Justice League (Bruce) is more of a behind-the-scenes character. You still get his devotion to justice, but you keep him out of Gotham (where all of his pain is) so that his character arc is still intact. You could always have Blake be Nightwing also, but I'm not a big fan of that idea.

That's an option as well. One of many.

It's all about creative writing.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #72
JackWhite
Third Man

I hope we get some confirmation on this sooner rather than later. I'm practically holding my breath over here, lol.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #73
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Don't worry. I'm sure the integrity of Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy will remain intact Anita.

No worries. Everything will be okay.
Whoo, your overwhelming evidence has swayed me to the contrary. And here I was thinking that it would toss Bale Bats' emotional arc aside; all I needed to do was trust the empty words of Dark Knight.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #74
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Whoo, your overwhelming evidence has swayed me to the contrary. And here I was thinking that it would toss Bale Bats' emotional arc aside; all I needed to do was trust the empty words of Dark Knight.
Goddamn I love New Yorkers

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #75
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
no, he asks Selina for information and to take him to Bane, the only "help" he actually asks from her is to blow up a barricade, he wants her to come back and help but doesn't out right ask her, he's forward about it but doesn't force her, he basically leaves it up to her if she wants to help.

As for Gordon and Blake he basically orders Gordon around who only stood up for himself once in all 3 films and that was in The Dark Knight...and he still ended up taking orders like stooge, as for Blake, he never asks anything from, Blake just does things on his own and they meet up so Bats orders him around too.

Thats not a team player, thats a "do as I say or I'll walk away" type

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Closed Thread