The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #101
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
More money and Interstellar as well as the potential for full creative freedom no questions asked on other projects.
As a fan of his other work, I have mixed feelings. On one hand it would be cool if he can secure creative freedom for the rest of his career to make another 20 risky big budget films like Inception if he wants. But on the other hand, this could mean undermining his own storytelling in previous Batman movies. That is a slippery slope.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #102
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I seriously doubt that Bale can be convinced to do a series of movies with him as Batman.

He will agree to do only one movie If Nolan is involved in some capacity.

So, Bale would be returning for one movie either a JL or a World's Finest , after that WB will need to recast Batman and continue with more solo Batman stories without rebooting, like Bond.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #103
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Same thing said for Henry Cavill's Superman. Did you want a separate JL Continuity?
No actually I don't want Justice League at all, but it seems like the only way to get solo films for the B-listers.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #104
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
More money and Interstellar as well as the potential for full creative freedom no questions asked on other projects.
Why would he not have that already? Nolan pretty much bats o'thousand. He's a grand slam champion at this point.

Once again, he fired his agent because they couldn't get him like $90 million for Dark Knight Rises. $80 million or however much he was getting offered wasn't enough.

- CM Punk
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #105
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
As a fan of his other work, I have mixed feelings. On one hand it would be cool if he can secure creative freedom for the rest of his career to make another 20 risky big budget films like Inception if he wants. But on the other hand, this could mean undermining his own storytelling in previous Batman movies. That is a slippery slope.
If this rumor is true, I'm betting the scenario you described is probably what he's having to think about.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #106
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
It'll be alright buddy. Take a deep breath, a shot, or some pills...whatever floats your boat to help you not stress out so much about things you can't control.
Pills? Pfft. All I need is a diet of emoticons and repetition of the words "it's gonna be okay!".

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #107
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

What? WB wouldn't give Nolan 90 million for TDKR?

Maybe he should hire Michael Bay's agent. Dude got at least a 100 million for each of the last two Transformer movies.

Could be more once you add in other factors like points, dvd/toy sales, etc.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #108
Kevin Smith
Banned User

If he's willing to do it, sure. Why the hell not. Voted yes.

TDKR was kinda crappy anyway.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #109
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Implying Nolan's Batman can't evolve, or that they wouldn't bother to evolve him to make it work.
Implying that I usually expect directors who have established a consistent creative vision over three films to not deviate from that. And it's not a negative in any way. I very much enjoyed the Batman world that Nolan established. However, it's not a world that would mesh well with the JLA. And it would feel quite odd to try and jam it in there. Square hole and a round peg of sorts. Not only that, but it does undermine the ending of TDKR quite a bit.

But really, tonally, it just doesn't fit at all. And this isn't me hating on Nolan. The Nolan Bat-series is my favorite comic trilogy, includes one of my favorite all time movies, and did a world of good for Batman in general. However, after nearly a decade of the Nolan take on Batman, I'd just like to see a new look on it. I don't see why that's a bad thing.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #110
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Implying that I usually expect directors who have established a consistent creative vision over three films to not deviate from that. And it's not a negative in any way. I very much enjoyed the Batman world that Nolan established. However, it's not a world that would mesh well with the JLA. And it would feel quite odd to try and jam it in there. Square hole and a round peg of sorts. Not only that, but it does undermine the ending of TDKR quite a bit.

But really, tonally, it just doesn't fit at all. And this isn't me hating on Nolan. The Nolan Bat-series is my favorite comic trilogy, includes one of my favorite all time movies, and did a world of good for Batman in general. However, after nearly a decade of the Nolan take on Batman, I'd just like to see a new look on it. I don't see why that's a bad thing.
Thank you. Couldn't have summarized it better myself.
Nolan's three films were great; time for us all to move on. Some people just have a real tough time letting go for some reason.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #111
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevileone View Post
i'm just saying, i'm not buying any of this because el mayimbe says, "he can't do this by himself! Wb needs to compete with avengers and star wars!"

ok . . . And? So nolan who got paid what? $80-90 million for dark knight rises to formally end his trilogy and the story of his version of bruce wayne is suddenly going to undo that because . . . ?
because star wars

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #112
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

The more I think about it the more I think Bale passing on JL is a good think. You have Bale and you automatically tie it to the Nolan universe, therefore any further Batman movies will have to be set in the Nolan universe as well. Not only that Bale may only want to do one movie so you're getting all the baggage of the Nolan universe with only the pay off of one movie.

Start fresh and then spin of this new Batman in his own movie. This new Batman can have legitimate martial arts skill and actually act like a detective, the WORLD'S GREATEST detective.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #113
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Nolan's Batman has already "evolved", evolved past Batman. Him getting back in the cowl is devolving.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #114
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Begins:

He asked Gordon for help to drive the Tumbler and blow up the train.

He asked Rachel for help to put pressure on the judge.

He asked Gordon for helpt to get Rachel to the Tumbler when she was drugged up.

He asked Alfred for help taking her home after innoculating her.

TDK

He asked Fox for help making a new suit.

He asked Fox for help using the phone/sonar.

He asked Gordon to give him time to take down the Joker before sending in the cops.

TDKR

He asked Selina for help taking him to Bane.

He asked Selina for help attacking Bane (gave her the Batpod).

He asked Blake for help while busting up some of bane's thugs.

He asked Gordon to help get the cops together to attack.

That's just off the top of my head. Batman loves getting help in Nolan's world. He's not a loner.
Begins:

Batman tells Gordon to take the Tumbler and blow up the bridge, doesn't ask, tells, he asks if Gordon can drive "stick".

Batman gives Rachel leverage on a judge on a case that she was already working but didnt have any leads to work with.

Yes Batman asks Gordon to take Rachel to the Tumbler but only not really cause he needs him, just right time right place.

Alfred.......really.........he never counts cause he's the only person in every version that Batman would ask for help from.

TDK:

He asked for a new suit, thats not asking for help, that's "hey I'm paying you and made you CEO of my company, now pay me back with new toys"

Yes he did ask Fox there for help.

Batman told Gordon he needed time, he didnt ask for it, he demanded it, and that is the part where I spoke of earlier about how Gordon stood up for himself once, it was in that scene. And in the end Gordon still caved.

TDKR:

He asks for information from Selena, not help.

He did not ask Selena for help to attack Bane, he asked her to blow up the barricades around the city, he wanted her to come back and help but never asks, she came back on her own.

He never asked anything of Blake, he told him to get ppl out of the city while he took the cops into a fight with Bane's thugs.

He told Gordon to be ready for an attack.

Anyway if the current rumor is true than all of this isn't important, Bale might not be in after all

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #115
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The more I think about it the more I think Bale passing on JL is a good think. You have Bale and you automatically tie it to the Nolan universe, therefore any further Batman movies will have to be set in the Nolan universe as well. Not only that Bale may only want to do one movie so you're getting all the baggage of the Nolan universe with only the pay off of one movie.

Start fresh and then spin of this new Batman in his own movie. This new Batman can have legitimate martial arts skill and actually act like a detective, the WORLD'S GREATEST detective.
Yeah, well then you are back in the same boat after the next reboot. What if the reboot bombs and then you have a crappy version of Batman that nobody wants to see with Justice League? Or what if the Batman film is so good that people want to see more solo movies and hold off on Justice League, again? Do you hope for a marginal picture so you can just set up the main event, which was the point all along, rather than a redundant Hulk or Spidey movie? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Now can the rebooted Spidey work in an MCU? Absolutely. But the character itself is not very grounded and his super powers fit right in. Does a more fantastical Batman in the movie going to be any good if it's just a setup for Justice League? Do people even want more solo Batmans right now after that epic trilogy? Too many question marks here.

What is the sure bet? Nothing. If it were my decision, I wouldn't worry about Justice League. Just make MoS movies and give Batman a break. But that isn't going to provide the tentpole Warner's wants. Bale's Batman can provide the ummmfff they need. But you throw any artistic value or critical appraise out the window by making that movie. It's a fanboy move that will get us hyping to the masses. I still don't think I mind either way.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #116
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Does anyone really think a Batman reboot will bomb? In this post-Nolan trilogy world? Has any Batman movie bombed ever?

C'mon now people

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #117
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Nolan's Batman has already "evolved", evolved past Batman. Him getting back in the cowl is devolving.
Damn right. I have a hard time buying a story where he feels compelled to do it again. The Batman persona served as a counseling session for him, but it was not a permanent thing to him like it is for the comic book version of the character.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #118
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMylesOBoogie View Post
Seriously thought this would be the best thing for DC comics films. Build on strong foundations.

Agreed.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #119
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post

Sounds like your being a bit short sighted. Your lack of creative and forward thinking is disturbing.

Are your a writer by any chance?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #120
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Damn right. I have a hard time buying a story where he feels compelled to do it again. The Batman persona served as a counseling session for him, but it was not a permanent thing to him like it is for the comic book version of the character.
Exactly. In Nolan's films Batman became the antithesis to R'as al Ghul. He's not a person but a purpose that gets passed on. Bale coming back for another movie destroys the character progression that was built for Wayne over three films and ruins the purpose of Batman.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #121
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Exactly. In Nolan's films Batman became the antithesis to R'as al Ghul. He's not a person but a purpose that gets passed on. Bale coming back for another movie destroys the character progression that was built for Wayne over three films and ruins the purpose of Batman.
Correction: it ruins Nolan's purpose of Batman.

Which is less about the Batman character and more about the Batman mantle/symbol.

I'm hoping the next Batman persona is more psychologically defined and mentally impressive.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #122
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does anyone really think a Batman reboot will bomb? In this post-Nolan trilogy world? Has any Batman movie bombed ever?

C'mon now people
Bomb? It's already happened to Batman. In a post-Nolan world? You're only as good as your last effort these days. If the film sucks, it will have lukewarm results at the box office. Nobody is clamoring for another reboot right now. ASM didn't bomb, but it's performance was considerably less. If a downward trend continues, there is no reason to produce additional solo films.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #123
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why would he not have that already? Nolan pretty much bats o'thousand. He's a grand slam champion at this point.

Once again, he fired his agent because they couldn't get him like $90 million for Dark Knight Rises. $80 million or however much he was getting offered wasn't enough.
Actually his agent was fired from CAA and Nolan left to follow him to WME. He's now suing both CAA and WME so they will sort out his commissions between themselves and not bother him about it. (Which highly amuses me.)

Sounds like he's happy with Aloni's services. All that I read from Deadline.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #124
Juicy J
Side-Kick

So let me get this straight, some people genuinely think the best thing for DC films is if Bale returns and plays a character whose story has very much ended? A character who is old, and was walking on a cane at the beginning of his last film? This point has been belabored, but his character arc is effectually over. That's the Batman you think would be best to see on screen instead of one we haven't even seen yet?
Getting him back as Batman after everything that happened in the Nolan trilogy would be pointless.
I'm telling you, a reboot is the sensible route and it's the one they're going to go with. Sorry.
I don't know why people are against that idea. You get a new Batman, a new Bruce Wayne; a new character with a fresh start and a long future ahead of him.
Not one who will be a good deal older than the other JL members and who was at one point walking on a cane. He's aged, he's weak, not to mention Bruce Wayne is technically dead. Makes zero sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Sounds like your being a bit short sighted. Your lack of creative and forward thinking is disturbing.

Are your a writer by any chance?
The only people being short-sighted with a lack of 'forward thinking' here are the one's who can't let go of a film series that is, like I said, effectually over.
An earlier poster put it well; trying to fit the Nolanverse in with the JL would be like trying to jam a sqaure peg in a round hole. It won't naturally fit.
So why even bother trying to make it fit when you could just reboot the character and start over with a fresh slate? What's so wrong with that idea?

Last edited by Juicy J; 03-05-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #125
Powerman34
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
If Bale does come back, I dont want him as the same Batman from The Dark Knight Trilogy, keep the actor, change the character (slightly).

The way Nolan made TDKT, it works best in its own universe and not a shared one, why? Cause The Avengers can joke all they want about Tony Stark not being a team player, The Dark Knight doesn't joke about it, he's not a team player and wouldn't be part of the team at all, he'd just run off and do his own thing which would defeat the point of him being there.
Exactly!! Keep the actor, but have him played a DIFFERENT Batman! Still Bats, just not the one from Nolan's Trilogy! How hard is that. The general audience is not going to be sitting there in the seats (and we all know that people will go to see this movie) going, "Hey, honey, did he retire with Anne Hathaway at the end of TDKR?" The will be overjoyed that Batman is fighting on screen with Superman in a movie!!

Closed Thread