The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #76
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Kevin Fiege on the whether or not Phase 2 is gonna be more "cosmic"

“I wouldn’t say that in a broad sense. The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space."

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #77
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Am I the only one who's slightly worried about the cast for this movie?

All the previous MS movies have some kind of major actor(s) in the roles, however so far this doesn't really have any.

Iron Man: RDJ, Jeff Bridges and Gwenyth Paltrow
TIH: Ed Norton
IM2: Mickey Rourke
Thor: Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman
Captain America: Hugo Weaving
Avengers: Sam Jackson, and all of the Avengers.

So far GOTG doesn't really have any big actors in contention (I seem to remember reading in LR's Drax report that an unknown had been cast as RR?), apart from Jim Carrey and *shudders* Adam Sandler, but whether either of them will end up being in the movie is anyone's guess.

Who knows though, maybe some major actors will end up getting cast as Gamora, Thanos, Warlock etc and I'm overthinking things. But out of the entire Phase 2 slate, this is the one that needs that major star boost the most.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #78
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Am I the only one who's slightly worried about the cast for this movie?

All the previous MS movies have some kind of major actor(s) in the roles, however so far this doesn't really have any.

Iron Man: RDJ, Jeff Bridges and Gwenyth Paltrow
TIH: Ed Norton
IM2: Mickey Rourke
Thor: Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman
Captain America: Hugo Weaving
Avengers: Sam Jackson, and all of the Avengers.

So far GOTG doesn't really have any big actors in contention (I seem to remember reading in LR's Drax report that an unknown had been cast as RR?), apart from Jim Carrey and *shudders* Adam Sandler, but whether either of them will end up being in the movie is anyone's guess.

Who knows though, maybe some major actors will end up getting cast as Gamora, Thanos, Warlock etc and I'm overthinking things. But out of the entire Phase 2 slate, this is the one that needs that major star boost the most.
Yeah, it's a little early to jump the gun. So far, there's only one cast member confirmed (Star-Lord). The casting rumors for Drax so far flurry around muscleheads, yeah, but no surprise: Drax ain't Shakespeare. There's been *no* solid rumors for Gamora, Thanos, RR or Groot. And people are misreading LR's (unsubstantiated) quote about Rocket: what was *said* was that the part has been cast, but it's *unknown* who got that role. Important difference there.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #79
J'adore
Vous

Do you think they will keep Gamora's origin the same? I hope not, for the sake of it becoming a cliché

Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #80
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

ElMayimbe is claiming he has a Marvel Scoop coming later today .

Old 03-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #81
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Another fan film?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #82
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
This dude is desperate for attention. What's it going to be this time? A Superman/Thor crossover?

Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #83
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Quote:
It seems to imply that Shad Gaspar (sp?) is up for Drax but Gunn still wants Momoa.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #84
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Just cast Momoa already and get it over with.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #85
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
I have a scoop too. I'll tell you about it in three or four days. In the meantime why don't you sign up for my newsletter...?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #86
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i'm waiting to hear who plays the galaxy in guardians of the galaxy.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #87
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Rosie O'Donnell

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #88
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Rosie O'Donnell
MIND...BLOWN

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #89
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
It seems to imply that Shad Gaspar (sp?) is up for Drax but Gunn still wants Momoa.
I just read his tweet, he didnt say any thing to that effect. He did say Gunn Likes Momoa in GOT

Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #90
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

As if Mayimbe has any credibility right now; He's shot himself in the foot in the past few weeks.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #91
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
As if Mayimbe has any credibility right now; He's shot himself in the foot in the past few weeks.
I'm sorry, but LR has been right on more scoops than any other site, not 100% but more than any one els. I'm not saying to believe every thing they say, but they do know more than us our we would start our own sites.

If any one has a better line into the films i want to see, and can prove it to be true, let me know and I'll read there scoops

Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #92
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmannuk12 View Post
I'm sorry, but LR has been right on more scoops than any other site, not 100% but more than any one els. I'm not saying to believe every thing they say, but they do know more than us our we would start our own sites.

If any one has a better line into the films i want to see, and can prove it to be true, let me know and I'll read there scoops
Um Deadline.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #93
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

At this point I just ignore anything with ElMayimbe attached to it.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #94
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

I think El Mayimbe is the biggest tool in the world, but he has been right on a Lot of scoops. As much as i dont like the guy, i have to give him some credit. The DC scoop this weekend was a great one

Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #95
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
I think El Mayimbe is the biggest tool in the world, but he has been right on a Lot of scoops. As much as i dont like the guy, i have to give him some credit. The DC scoop this weekend was a great one
...if it were even remotely true.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #96
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
...if it were even remotely true.
Um...Yeah...It was... There were several announcement yesterday all over the net. Nolan is IN

"Nolan is involved. He is playing this pretty close to the vest, which is why you probably can expect not to hear anything official about Justice League until after Man Of Steel comes out."

Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #97
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
El Maybe is just pulling names out of his ass now. Any actor whose height is listed at over 6'2" on IMDb is on his long short list.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #98
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Um Deadline.
Deadline, AICN, THR, Variety, CBM, CBR, SHH/CS, Empire, EW, ET.....pretty much everybody who isn't LR these days

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #99
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
El Maybe is just pulling names out of his ass now. Any actor whose height is listed at over 6'2" on IMDb is on his long short list.
He didnt even mention GOTG or Drax, he all so mentioned Omar Sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Deadline, AICN, THR, Variety, CBM, CBR, SHH/CS, Empire, EW, ET.....pretty much everybody who isn't LR these days
Funny They all pots LR scoops

Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #100
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Um...Yeah...It was... There were several announcement yesterday all over the net. Nolan is IN

"Nolan is involved. He is playing this pretty close to the vest, which is why you probably can expect not to hear anything official about Justice League until after Man Of Steel comes out."
Did any of those announcements quote sources that weren't LR?