The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

View Poll Results: What do you want fixed for the Batman reboot? (multiple votes allowed)
More impressive fight scenes 110 59.14%
"World's greatest detective" better displayed 133 71.51%
More imaginative villains/concepts explored 81 43.55%
More iconic imagery (Gotham/Batmobile/etc) 72 38.71%
Sidekicks included (Robin, Nightwing, Oracle) 65 34.95%
Full extent of Batman's various training better implied (flashbacks?) 32 17.20%
No growling Bat-voice 66 35.48%
Bruce is the mask, Batman is the true face 49 26.34%
Fix the suit (NO RUBBER) 46 24.73%
Fix the suit (BUT USING RUBBER AGAIN) 13 6.99%
No love interest 25 13.44%
No Lucius Fox (Batman does all the brainy work) 30 16.13%
Batman is a more shadowy and mysterious figure 63 33.87%
More BTAS influence 59 31.72%
More Arkham Asylum influence 69 37.10%
More comic book influence (70's-current) 28 15.05%
More memorable theme music 29 15.59%
Moar prep-time!!! (Batman is always a few steps ahead) 37 19.89%
All of the above 9 4.84%
other (please specify below) 14 7.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #176
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

Default Re: Your top 5 things that needs to be "fixed" for the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Whoa, dude...nice list.
Thanks!

I'm also hoping for Ellen Yin as a young Asian American cop who turns out to be Cassandra Cain, but that's kind of a longshot.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #177
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Like a John Blake scenario where she has a different name or just her being Cassandra Cain from the beginning and just being inspired by Ellen Yin?

Quote:
4. Villains without the "And then what?" problem. The Joker may not have had a plan, but he wanted Gotham to become what it is in the comics: a city controlled by garishly dressed criminals with various gimmicks. In BB and TDKR, both times the LoS wanted to destroy Gotham. And then what? How would destroying Gotham "save" the Western world?
It's only in BB where Ra's had an idea of making Gotham City "start over" as he viewed the city going down and this isn't the first time he believed such. As when other major regions die out, due to the League of Shadows, they stick around to rebuild, but in TDKR, the plan is just to destroy Gotham City without any mention of rebuilding since Talia, Bane and the LoS were going to end up sacrificing themselves.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #178
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It's armor. I think the suit up sequences show this pretty well. And the upgrades in both games are for better/upgraded armor.
Just because it's not shown as a deflated pair of pajamas during the suit up sequence doesn't mean it is thick armor.

And like I pointed out, fabric armor does exist which is not the same thing as regular bulky armor.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6526862.html

"A lightweight, ballistic resistant fabric armor constructed of multiple layers of high performance fiber woven fabric arranged in a quasi-isotropic orientation. The fabric armor is used in ballistic resistant garments to cover and protect vital portions of the human body. Used in a garment, the fabric armor is of minimal areal density and bulk while providing flexibility, freedom of movement, ventilation, and an inconspicuous appearance. The fabric armor meets many different global ballistic standards (e.g., the ballistic performance requirements of the National Institute of Justice Standard), with the number of woven fabric layers determined by the level of protection desired."

Sounds exactly like something Batman would wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I know Webb said that with the first suit, but by looking at the second suit, that shows the idea of something that a kid could make is thrown out the window when even looking at the new webshooters. Why have an idea for just ONE film when Raimi obviously didn't bother to go that route for only ONE film?
I don't see the problem with not continuing that. It makes sense that as he continues his superhero career, he manages to find ways to make costumes and webshooters that he couldn't make before due to the whole superhero experience in general.

Quote:
And what do you mean Nolan did it too? The ideas are essentially the same with both suits being from Wayne Enterprises that Lucius Fox had made.
I'm talking about the escalation theme in the movies, not the suit. Every movie in Nolan's trilogy was less grounded than the previous one. BB was the most realistic one out of all of them (not saying this is a bad thing) with TDKR already ridiculously pushing boundaries on the realism. I don't see why Nolan is allowed to make his franchise less and less grounded but Webb can't especially since Webb's franchise is nowhere near as grounded as the Nolan films. Heck, Webb's franchise isn't even that grounded to begin with. Its tone and feel is really close to the MCU. This whole "the franchise is so grounded/realistic" thing is emphasized so much due to the reboot being a lot more serious and mature than the cheesy Raimi films.

Quote:
And that automatically means Peter is working for the Daily Bugle? No, it does not.
Are you kidding me? I said it looks like he will get a job there not that he automatically will because of those set photos. Pay attention while reading posts.

Quote:
It's odd when it's a thing MJ should be doing, not Gwen Stacy. Hence why I said it'd be odd.
All of Spidey's girls that knew his identity have all done it at one point. Gwen never did it in the comics because she died before she found out.

Quote:
The "only thing" is the biggest thing that Webb should have changed as it's the entire fabric of the suit.
And it still doesn't look 100% the same .

Quote:
No, it's the one thing Hollywood actually knows better than to give a human being just some regular fabric.
Really? Even though it would make more sense realistically for him to wear fabric than heavy bulky armor? He would be faster, stealthier, blend in the shadows better, give off the impression that he isn't human better, and in the case of fabric armor and liquid fabric, he would have protection against bullets and knives as well. You can also have him wear a really lightweight thin armor underneath the fabric.

Please explain why you think the bulky armored suit from the Nolan films fits Batman better.

Quote:
I do not call it just fabric. While there is a version of an "Armored suit", it's like a high fashion armored suit where the Asylum/City regular suit looks like an armor that Nolan gave his Batman. So, no, I don't buy that being a fabric.
Doesn't look at all like the Nolan suit.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Only the gauntlets and boots look as bulky as the Nolan suit.

Here is an image of the suit from the comics:

As you can see, the AA/AC suit is a lot more like the suit from the comics than the Nolan suit.

But let's say for the sake of argument that the AA/AC suit is armor. What is wrong with doing a suit similar to that one in live-action and why can't Hollywood do that?

Quote:
Didn't have anything like bullets or knives go through it, huh?

The Joker stabbed him twice and it's not clear where it goes through as opposed to where Talia stabbed him; Dent shot him and it's not clear where it goes; and a "big dog" bit right through his ARMOR on his BB suit.
When did Joker stab him twice?

The armor/bulletproof vest protected him from Dent's bullet.

That was his BB suit. His BB suit was a lot more like the rubber suits in the previous Batman films than the TDK suit. I'm talking about the TDK suit here which is made of really heavy and bulky armor (not that I liked the BB suit either or the suits before BB).

Quote:
Didn't seem that way with Nolan's trilogy
Other than the fact that he was slow as hell in the fight scenes (though this is also due to Nolan not being a good action director).

Quote:
I am glad Nolan went with something that didn't feel like some fabric as that would be silly. I said it before, and I'll continue to say that as well.
I ask you again then. What makes the heavy armor more realistic than the fabric/Arkham City suit? (for the sake of argument, I'll once again say that the AC suit is armor). I've already done my end and explained why I think the latter is more realistic and would look and work better. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #179
Two-Face
The White Knight

1 No more Two-Face dying... died twice ....
2 More detective skils like Shelock Holmes.
3 No rubber suit.
4 More Arkham/BTAS style
5 Bring back Bale cos I can't see anyone playing for now.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #180
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Just because it's not shown as a deflated pair of pajamas during the suit up sequence doesn't mean it is thick armor.

And like I pointed out, fabric armor does exist which is not the same thing as regular bulky armor.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6526862.html

"A lightweight, ballistic resistant fabric armor constructed of multiple layers of high performance fiber woven fabric arranged in a quasi-isotropic orientation. The fabric armor is used in ballistic resistant garments to cover and protect vital portions of the human body. Used in a garment, the fabric armor is of minimal areal density and bulk while providing flexibility, freedom of movement, ventilation, and an inconspicuous appearance. The fabric armor meets many different global ballistic standards (e.g., the ballistic performance requirements of the National Institute of Justice Standard), with the number of woven fabric layers determined by the level of protection desired."

Sounds exactly like something Batman would wear.
Quote:
Yes, armor is something Batman should be wearing. If you want to call it "fabric armor", then go right ahead. Batman shouldn't be wearing simple fabric that he seems to wear in the comics, though, and that's why I prefer the New 52 suit.

Quote:
I don't see the problem with not continuing that. It makes sense that as he continues his superhero career, he manages to find ways to make costumes and webshooters that he couldn't make before due to the whole superhero experience in general.
It wouldn't continue because the new suit looks way different, simply put. It's going down the Raimi path of his suit just being like the comics AND if we even don't see a transformation into the new suit, that would take out the idea of him slowly getting the sense into making a better suit or better webshooters.

Quote:
I'm talking about the escalation theme in the movies, not the suit. Every movie in Nolan's trilogy was less grounded than the previous one. BB was the most realistic one out of all of them (not saying this is a bad thing) with TDKR already ridiculously pushing boundaries on the realism. I don't see why Nolan is allowed to make his franchise less and less grounded but Webb can't especially since Webb's franchise is nowhere near as grounded as the Nolan films. Heck, Webb's franchise isn't even that grounded to begin with. Its tone and feel is really close to the MCU. This whole "the franchise is so grounded/realistic" thing is emphasized so much due to the reboot being a lot more serious and mature than the cheesy Raimi films.
I didn't say anything about Webb's universe being grounded. I never believed that from the beginning except for Webb trying to be "grounded" with the suit anyways. The "grounded" idea is ridiculous when using a giant lizard in the origin film, lol.

And we agree on Nolan's trilogy losing its "realism" with the progress of the trilogy, but saying TDKR pushes the boundaries on realism is laughable. Yah, let's just forget that Nolan brought in Two-Face that went about a day without any help with medicine for his half ****ed up face and he ended up being fine until he was pushed out of a ledge. Didn't even show a hint of pain, lol.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I said it looks like he will get a job there not that he automatically will because of those set photos. Pay attention while reading posts.
Lol.

I did pay attention to your post. Even when you said it "looks" like it, seeing a Daily Bugle truck still doesn't show anything that Peter will be getting a job there. They are just probably adding more hints to the Daily Bugle until Peter gets a job there, which I once said and will still say will happen in the third flick.

Quote:
All of Spidey's girls that knew his identity have all done it at one point. Gwen never did it in the comics because she died before she found out.
And Gwen shouldn't do it now, simply put.

Quote:
And it still doesn't look 100% the same .
The exaggerated raised webbing and the honeycomb pattern is enough to say it's more Raimi's suit than Webb's

Quote:
Really? Even though it would make more sense realistically for him to wear fabric than heavy bulky armor? He would be faster, stealthier, blend in the shadows better, give off the impression that he isn't human better, and in the case of fabric armor and liquid fabric, he would have protection against bullets and knives as well. You can also have him wear a really lightweight thin armor underneath the fabric.

Please explain why you think the bulky armored suit from the Nolan films fits Batman better.
How does the BB and TDK(R) suits look like bulky armor to you? They didn't to me and it was only suggested it was bulky in-film in TDK.

Quote:
Doesn't look at all like the Nolan suit.

Only the gauntlets and boots look as bulky as the Nolan suit.

Here is an image of the suit from the comics:
Never said the suits look alike except for both being armor, just not bulky as you think Nolan's suits are.

Quote:
As you can see, the AA/AC suit is a lot more like the suit from the comics than the Nolan suit.

But let's say for the sake of argument that the AA/AC suit is armor. What is wrong with doing a suit similar to that one in live-action and why can't Hollywood do that?
The black trunks will never show up on film and the more comic-y thing that could show up in a film is a grey suit, but it would still be armor.

Quote:
When did Joker stab him twice?
Watch The Dark Knight my friend. During the penthouse scene and again in the final battle at that construction building.

Quote:
The armor/bulletproof vest protected him from Dent's bullet.
"Anything except for a straight shot". Really?

Quote:
That was his BB suit. His BB suit was a lot more like the rubber suits in the previous Batman films than the TDK suit. I'm talking about the TDK suit here which is made of really heavy and bulky armor (not that I liked the BB suit either or the suits before BB).
Still, the ARMOR you think to believe that can't be penetrated and it was by a dog's teeth as much as the Asylum/City suit gets ripped up by explosives or gunshots.

Quote:
Other than the fact that he was slow as hell in the fight scenes (though this is also due to Nolan not being a good action director).
He was slow because he was just this brawler type in TDK/TDKR, but in BB he was able to move his legs quick enough to kick.

Quote:
I ask you again then. What makes the heavy armor more realistic than the fabric/Arkham City suit? (for the sake of argument, I'll once again say that the AC suit is armor). I've already done my end and explained why I think the latter is more realistic and would look and work better. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
I believe I answered this already earlier in this reply.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #181
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

I'd like a true detective story. I'd like to see Batman have little to no armor. I'd like his martial arts skills/brains on full display. Less or possibly no Batmobile. Sidekicks would be a welcome addition. I didn't hate the Nolan trilogy. But I do think it can be rebooted with quite a bit of room for improvement. Begins was my favorite, overall, of the three, though I loved the Joker.

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #182
afan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
I'd like a true detective story. I'd like to see Batman have little to no armor. I'd like his martial arts skills/brains on full display. Less or possibly no Batmobile. Sidekicks would be a welcome addition. I didn't hate the Nolan trilogy. But I do think it can be rebooted with quite a bit of room for improvement. Begins was my favorite, overall, of the three, though I loved the Joker.
I've always considered "Se7en" as an example of what would make a great Batman story. It definitely has a Gotham City feel to it. It certainly would fit the detective requirement and with some minor story changes could feature martial arts also. Tho not a traditional comic book "sidekick" Pitt's character, teamed by Gordon with Batman in an unofficial liaison role, would fill that role.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #183
Two-Face
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
I've always considered "Se7en" as an example of what would make a great Batman story. It definitely has a Gotham City feel to it. It certainly would fit the detective requirement and with some minor story changes could feature martial arts also. Tho not a traditional comic book "sidekick" Pitt's character, teamed by Gordon with Batman in an unofficial liaison role, would fill that role.
Man thats something I really wanted before BB. I would like to see that happen.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #184
The Batman
The Dark Knight

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED

1. A Genius Level Batman: One of the influences Bill Finger had in co creating Batman was Sherlock Holmes. Batman first appeared in a comic called “Detective Comics”, and he is often referred to as “The World’s Greatest Detective”. I have yet to be impressed with how Burton/Schumacher/Nolan have tackled Bruce’s deductive skills. Batman is the superhero Sherlock Holmes, and he should start acting like it on film.

2. Non Rubber Costume: When B89 came out, people thought a comic accurate costume would look silly. In 2013, that idea is becoming more and more ridiculous, as countless comic films have made believable, yet accurate comic book costumes. Hell, Spider-Man and Iron Man’s costume designs were lifted straight from the comics without losing credibility. It’s time to put away the black rubber and try something new.

3. Better Fight Scenes: Just as Bat-Filmmakers haven’t taken advantage of Bruce’s brain skills, they haven’t given us any truly great fight scenes either. When the most memorable fight scene is only memorable because the hero gets his ass kicked, you have a problem. The fights need to be better choereographed, and a lighter non rubber costume would actually help a lot.

4. Sidekicks: The only sidekick I want to see is a Dick Grayson Robin, only to prove that Robin can be a great character if done correctly. BTAS already showed this, so there is no reason why a movie couldn’t.

THINGS THEY SHOULD KEEP

1. Emphasis on Bruce Wayne: “Bruce is the mask” is the biggest load of ******** that the comics have ever spewed. Burton and Nolan have been good at giving Bruce a certain kind of humanity, and that should continue. It’s reminiscent of Pre-Miller Batman comics when Batman was actually a human being.

THINGS I DON’T MIND EITHER WAY

1ove Interests: I wonder if the people who say “no love interests” actually read Batman comics. Ever since Batman debuted, he has a long list of girlfriends that come and go, and this should continue as it plays into a certain demographic and keeps the movies from becoming potential sausage fests. As long as the female love interest is a good character, there is no reason why Bat movies shouldn’t have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #185
afan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
THINGS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED

1. A Genius Level Batman: One of the influences Bill Finger had in co creating Batman was Sherlock Holmes. Batman first appeared in a comic called “Detective Comics”, and he is often referred to as “The World’s Greatest Detective”. I have yet to be impressed with how Burton/Schumacher/Nolan have tackled Bruce’s deductive skills. Batman is the superhero Sherlock Holmes, and he should start acting like it on film.

2. Non Rubber Costume: When B89 came out, people thought a comic accurate costume would look silly. In 2013, that idea is becoming more and more ridiculous, as countless comic films have made believable, yet accurate comic book costumes. Hell, Spider-Man and Iron Man’s costume designs were lifted straight from the comics without losing credibility. It’s time to put away the black rubber and try something new.

3. Better Fight Scenes: Just as Bat-Filmmakers haven’t taken advantage of Bruce’s brain skills, they haven’t given us any truly great fight scenes either. When the most memorable fight scene is only memorable because the hero gets his ass kicked, you have a problem. The fights need to be better choereographed, and a lighter non rubber costume would actually help a lot.

4. Sidekicks: The only sidekick I want to see is a Dick Grayson Robin, only to prove that Robin can be a great character if done correctly. BTAS already showed this, so there is no reason why a movie couldn’t.

THINGS THEY SHOULD KEEP

1. Emphasis on Bruce Wayne: “Bruce is the mask” is the biggest load of ******** that the comics have ever spewed. Burton and Nolan have been good at giving Bruce a certain kind of humanity, and that should continue. It’s reminiscent of Pre-Miller Batman comics when Batman was actually a human being.

THINGS I DON’T MIND EITHER WAY

1ove Interests: I wonder if the people who say “no love interests” actually read Batman comics. Ever since Batman debuted, he has a long list of girlfriends that come and go, and this should continue as it plays into a certain demographic and keeps the movies from becoming potential sausage fests. As long as the female love interest is a good character, there is no reason why Bat movies shouldn’t have them.
Pretty much agree with all points, however in regards to including Robin, the tone of that film would need to be akin to "Temple of Doom", where the Indy and Short Round duo worked fine. Which would not be a bad thing at all.

Also re. B89's suit....slightly reworded...Michael Keaton would look silly.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #186
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ Like a John Blake scenario where she has a different name or just her being Cassandra Cain from the beginning and just being inspired by Ellen Yin?
Yes, pretty much the John Blake scenario. We all call her Ellen Yin until Lady Shiva shows up and calls her Cassandra. If I ever do a massive fan-rewrite of Dark Knight Rises (as others have done of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies), Ellen Yin replaces John Blake.

Regarding the bat-costume, something like the suits in Prometheus would work. They look like ordinary wetsuits, but are extra durable and bulletproof. Cut lines would supposedly explain that suits would protect them from anything, explaining why Millburn and Fifield weren't scared of the white snake and why the silica storm didn't cut Shaw and Holloway to pieces.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #187
Pontillo
Side-Kick

Not on the list but.....More random villain cameos in each movie! Started great with Zsasz in the first one but that was it. Boo I say!

Pontillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #188
johnrain
Side-Kick

Bat Mite

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #189
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontillo View Post
Not on the list but.....More random villain cameos in each movie! Started great with Zsasz in the first one but that was it. Boo I say!
There are at least nods/references though.

TDK - Mr. Reese HAS to be a nod to Riddler in some way; I refuse to accept otherwise.

TDKR - Barsad = Deadshot

Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #190
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
My dream Batman reboot (at least for the first film) would be David Fincher's Batman: The Black Mirror. It'd be a perfect combination. Just change a bit so that Batman's Bruce and it's fine.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #191
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
TDK - Mr. Reese HAS to be a nod to Riddler in some way; I refuse to accept otherwise.
Didn't the name "Edward Nashton" appear in a newspaper in TDK?

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #192
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Didn't the name "Edward Nashton" appear in a newspaper in TDK?
It was the author on a viral newspaper.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #193
Coffee
Newbie First Class

There's a lot of great ideas in this thread, however I think some ideas might be a long way off.

I really would like to see more detective skills, but because Batman is such a mainstream, franchised character (i.e there's merchandise to be sold), I doubt we'd see a film that's heavy on noir & old school detective work.

Obviously fans would appreciate it, but there's bound to be studio influence (at least until that first film proves that audience will embrace change). And while Batman isn't as kid friendly

I will admit, Nolans films were a step in the right direction in showing that the character & plot could be more than traditional comic book explosions, but I'm not sure if WB would allow the full on Batman experience that fans are waiting for.

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #194
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I don't think it takes hours of detective work to send the message.

Just Batman while IN COSTUME figuring a few challenging things throughout the movie. Things that obviously would take a brilliant mind to uncover and done without any advanced technology. In BTAS he would solve entire mysteries on the spot after a couple of minutes of casual observation.

It's really not complicated.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #195
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It's much easier to say this now than putting it in a film where it works naturally with a villain.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #196
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Detective work applies to most Batman villains because they're all criminals.

Where there's crime, there's detective work. You don't have to be the Riddler to leave behind clues or have secret plot or agenda.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #197
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Detective work applies to most Batman villains because they're all criminals.

Where there's crime, there's detective work. You don't have to be the Riddler to leave behind clues or have secret plot or agenda.
This.

Some People are REALLY making it more complicated than it has to be, and I feel like its more "I have to justify the past directors choices" rather than "Can that really be done, though?".

I mean, lets be honest: Did we REALLY need a scene in TDK where Batman goes all the way to Hong Kong? No, we didn't. But Nolan wanted an international flavor to his film so he put that sequence in. It's not too much to ask for a sequence in which Batman has to do Sherlockian deductions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o

Last edited by The Batman; 03-13-2013 at 01:31 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #198
regwec
Shakespearo

They should reference that rather beautiful scene in the first Batman: Black and White, where Batman examined a young woman's body to piece together her last moments.

Little things like that are why Batman is simply the best comicbook vigilante by far.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #199
Coffee
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This.

Some People are REALLY making it more complicated than it has to be, and I feel like its more "I have to justify the past directors choices" rather than "Can that really be done, though?".

I mean, lets be honest: Did we REALLY need a scene in TDK where Batman goes all the way to Hong Kong? No, we didn't. But Nolan wanted an international flavor to his film so he put that sequence in. It's not too much to ask for a sequence in which Batman has to do Sherlockian deductions.
I agree, my point was simply the level of detective work some wish to see.

One could argue that all the previous films had at least some form of detective skills & deductive reasoning.

In Batman 89, he figured out the jokers formula of personal hygiene mixed with axis chemicals. In BR, he was doing all that cobblepot investigation, going through the triangle gang history & driving by the hall of records at night, saying he already knew who his parents were.

And obviously in Nolans, you had the scene in the bank vault, the bullet casing, etc.

So it's not like his detective skills have been completely ignored. I was saying for those who want a large portion of the film devoted to that....the studio may say "no" in favor of more action set pieces & so on.

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #200
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
They should reference that rather beautiful scene in the first Batman: Black and White, where Batman examined a young woman's body to piece together her last moments.

Little things like that are why Batman is simply the best comicbook vigilante by far.
Cool idea.