Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #201
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Welcome to real world.
And I'm supposed to sit by and accept it? And as I said, I'm fine with talking about Jennifer's looks. But not all the time.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #202
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Talking about people's looks is nothing new. People out there go to salon/gyms/doctors/buy things to make themselves attactive. A lot of people usually have a crush on someone based on looks. There are a lot of actors out there who wouldn't be popular or well-known if it wasn't for their looks. We live in a shallow world.

And people are talking about Jennifer Lawrence's body weight because its obvious that there's a change to her body compare to her body in First Class.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #203
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Choosing the day a new picture of her is released to complain about the boards having a certain focus on looks is like choosing Christmas morning to complain about people giving gifts. I get what you're saying to a certain extent, but it's really not ALL we EVER talk about. Loosen up.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #204
JP
Smelly

Perfect analogy, given that it did feel like Christmas morning when that was tweeted. :')

Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #205
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

This is the period of time where first looks at the characters and the movie start to trickle down, so of course there is more frequent conversation about appearances than there will be at any other time. But it's not like we'll still be talking this frequently about looks once the movie hits. It's like, come on. Come. ON.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #206
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yeah I'm wondering when will Singer tweet pictures of the new cast members w/ their character outfit/make-up on.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #207
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Maybe it's a kind of peekaboo body stocking which has a hole on her bottom, otherwise it could look as if it is material stretched over her butt cheeks instead of separate ones. Then they could just glue the prosthetics onto her painted bare bottom. Either that or a thong as you say, but her cheeks have to be bare I think or it won't work.
I doubt that the body suit is ass-less, I assume it's a shear spandex with silicone cast onto it for the scales and skin texture. I am sure we have all seen women in spandex pants that are so form fitting and curve hugging that they appear to be "painted on" - that must be the rout taken here. Nice job!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 AM   #208
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Whoa,Jenny's lookin very svelte!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #209
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
She's been her current weight for well over a year now.
I'm not so sure about that. Those pictures of her at the airport in that loose-fitting, shapeless black dress showed her with a double chin, which she doesn't have now. She looks far more sleek now.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #210
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Regardless of her so called fluctuating weight she still stunning.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 05-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #211
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Choosing the day a new picture of her is released to complain about the boards having a certain focus on looks is like choosing Christmas morning to complain about people giving gifts. I get what you're saying to a certain extent, but it's really not ALL we EVER talk about. Loosen up.
I agree. The picture has been tweeted anyway so people can see what she LOOKS like in her new make up and bodysuit. Who is going to start talking about her or anyone's acting when a first look costume picture is revealed? If people are going to do that, then they might as well not reveal such pics.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #212
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
I agree. The picture has been tweeted anyway so people can see what she LOOKS like in her new make up and bodysuit. Who is going to start talking about her or anyone's acting when a first look costume picture is revealed? If people are going to do that, then they might as well not reveal such pics.
Thank you. I was in part wondering about the weight issue because we know she is wearing a bodysuit. One would think that the extra layer over her skin would make her look bigger. Does that mean she is even skinnier than she looks? Or is this a situation where the skin tight fabric compresses the body like with many of the male heroes' skin tight costumes, which necessitates them wearing muscle padding even when they have impressive physiques?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #213
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Thank you. I was in part wondering about the weight issue because we know she is wearing a bodysuit. One would think that the extra layer over her skin would make her look bigger. Does that mean she is even skinnier than she looks? Or is this a situation where the skin tight fabric compresses the body like with many of the male heroes' skin tight costumes, which necessitates them wearing muscle padding even when they have impressive physiques?
I think what is misleading is the use of the term "bodysuit" which leads people to think it's a thick (even though it's still relatively thin) suit like the Spider-Man costumes or other spandex outfits.

Maybe it is a body stocking which is literally nylon thin like pantyhose but is just ready painted and has all the prosthetics already stuck on. So all she needs to do is get into that. But all the curves would still have to be hers, just as if a woman were to wear leg stockings then the shape of her legs still will be hers and not the stockings' shape. A woman with shapely legs is not suddenly going to look chunky in stockings if it is that thin, just as a woman who has chunky legs is still going to look chunky and not suddenly slimmer with such a thin material.

So maybe it's a body stocking but they just call it body suit because that sounds better.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #214
BoredGuy
Killing Time

As someone who hated Lawrence in the last movie, including her look when all blue, I must admit, she's looking much better this time around.

Now hopefully her dialogue can match that improvement.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #215
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
As if the amount of muscles Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman or Henry Cavill need to/has to/doesn't/does have isn't just as discussed.
I think thats all anyone ever talks about when it comes to Chris Evans. And his suit.

But really until we know more about the plot or get a teaser then we don't have much to discuss about characters' arcs and storylines.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #216
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Just looking at the "bodysuit" again, do I see lots of holes where her skin is poking through? Maybe the suit is a kind of webbed/ fishnet-style lattice upon which prosthetics are glued. I would post an example after googling pics of "body stockings" but unfortunately none of them would be suitable to post here. But if you do a search of that term yourself, you can get an idea of what it is probably like.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #217
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Looks like the stomach area is open as well - so it goes over the shoulders, around the breasts and down to below the navel...that's still a lot of blue body painting but I guess its still quicker than what has been done before. I assume the back is equally low cut to avoid webbing over the small of the back and down the spine.

I would assume its a shear spandex with the scales and skin texture cast or applied over it - again, looking good...

Old 05-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #218
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:

Just looking at the "bodysuit" again, do I see lots of holes where her skin is poking through? Maybe the suit is a kind of webbed/ fishnet-style lattice upon which prosthetics are glued. I would post an example after googling pics of "body stockings" but unfortunately none of them would be suitable to post here. But if you do a search of that term yourself, you can get an idea of what it is probably like.
Mystique looks Cute here! :3

Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #219
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Still doesn't work.

Why has she changed? You can't just write it off as due to the passage of time.

There's a huge gap between vulnerable/insecure Mystique of First Class and cold silent assassin Mystique of the original trilogy. We need to see how she gets that way, not for some lazy storytelling to simply say 'she changed, okay?'
I never said they should say she changed and that is it, but slowly show it. Whatever actions happen in DOFP can clearly start to be changing her. I will retract my statement about her having already be somewhat different at the beginning. Though, I think in FC she already changed her attitude a bit.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #220
JP
Smelly

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. Those pictures of her at the airport in that loose-fitting, shapeless black dress showed her with a double chin, which she doesn't have now. She looks far more sleek now.
So you're saying she lost a double chin in 2 days?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #221
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
I never said they should say she changed and that is it, but slowly show it. Whatever actions happen in DOFP can clearly start to be changing her. I will retract my statement about her having already be somewhat different at the beginning. Though, I think in FC she already changed her attitude a bit.
at the end of FC she wasn't a bad guy per say, nor was she an angry person or had any reason to be, all that happened was that she learned she shouldn't have to hide who she is and obviously having a thing for eric/magneto

i think she will be stronger and more confidence, maybe has a reason to be angry about something but i think she will still have some humanity to her that she had in FC, its a more natural progression that they can't just throw away 10 years later

Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #222
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Rebecca is taller than Lawrence as well. She naturally looks more slender.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #223
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anyone who pulls their head back can get a double chin. That was a bad camera angle, nothing more.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #224
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Anyone who pulls their head back can get a double chin. That was a bad camera angle, nothing more.
Not everyone. I've tried that several times myself to test out that theory and just end up hurting my neck. Jennifer has a certain face structure which is rounder and has more "baby fat" for want of a better word. Some girls also are very slender even around their face. They wouldn't get a double chin no matter how hard they try because their skin is much more tight around their face.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #225
JP
Smelly

Jennifer has never had a double chin.. even when she was thicker back in 2010/2011.

But she hasn't looked like she did in 2010/11 since the first Hunger Games.

This was her a few years ago, circa Winter's Bone/First Class:

And this is her today, and how she's looked since she began filming the first Hunger Games..

She gets a few unflattering photos at an AIRPORT for Christ sakes, and y'all say she has a double chin?

Closed Thread