The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #351
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
He'll be dubbed or have no English speaking lines.

GSP isn't an actor. He's an MMA fighter. All the people you are mentioning are bi-lingual trained actors.
Scarlett & Roarke aren't Bi-lingual, they were given lines & delivered them.

Quote:
Because he's an MMA fighter who has never been in a big movie like this with no acting background or training. And he's got a weird accented speaking voice.

Also characters like this tend not to talk in movies like this. How many lines did Cyril Rafaelli actually have in Live Free or Die Hard?
As far as I recall, Tadanobu Asano (Hogun) barely spoke any English at all at the time of filming Thor. He delivered his lines, was clearly understandable & wasn't overdubbed.

GSP already speaks good english, he won't be dubbed nor should he be.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #352
Spider - Man
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post

Not only does GSP not speak 'good English, he also does not speak English well... At all.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #353
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider - Man View Post
Not only does GSP not speak 'good English, he also does not speak English well... At all.

So I guess you didn't see the video that VileOne posted.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #354
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Andie MacDowell got dubbed over in Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #355
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
That's still a lot of characters to deal with and establish in one film.
You say establish like they all have to be explored intricately. Cap, Widow, Fury, and Sitwell are all carry overs. Crossbones and Batroc do not need some type of deep exploration into their characters, I doubt they'll have much bigger roles than Coldblood and Jack Taggert in IM3. Only character that really need to be established are Bucky as Winter Soldier, Pierce, Sharon, and Falcon. Really doesn't sound like a lot to me especially for a political thriller.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #356
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
You say establish like they all have to be explored intricately. Cap, Widow, Fury, and Sitwell are all carry overs. Crossbones and Batroc do not need some type of deep exploration into their characters, I doubt they'll have much bigger roles than Coldblood and Jack Taggert in IM3. Only character that really need to be established are Bucky as Winter Soldier, Pierce, Sharon, and Falcon. Really doesn't sound like a lot to me especially for a political thriller.
....and Zola. Especially since he's likely turned into a rogue AI ensconced in an android body. Gonna need a lot of backstory on that one.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #357
Project862006
Banned User

gsp sounds alot like van damme

Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #358
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
The movie is called Captain America and it now has to deal with Cap finding his place in the modern world.

Regardless of them being carry-overs are not they will still need significant screentime (Sitwell will probably just be a guy on a computer saying what's going on at most).

Regardless if they need exploration or not, there are still a bunch of characters that need exploration and need to be explored.

Bucky is one. Falcon is another. Cap's love interest is another. The main villain is another.

That's a lot of characters to juggle around on screen in under two hours. Falcon is likely going to be a new Avenger as well considering his placement in Winter Soldier and being in the Avengers Assemble cast.

- CM Punk
Old 03-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #359
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Scarlett & Roarke aren't Bi-lingual, they were given lines & delivered them.
Actors. GSP is an MMA fighter with no acting training.

Quote:
As far as I recall, Tadanobu Asano (Hogun) barely spoke any English at all at the time of filming Thor. He delivered his lines, was clearly understandable & wasn't overdubbed.

Asano had like 5 minutes of screentime and like 4 lines anyway.

Silver Surfer also got dubbed over by Laurence Fishburne in Fantastic Four 2.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 03-25-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #360
Visceral
Side-Kick

Dolph was a good bad guy, Rampage was a very likeable good guy, I hope GSP translates his menacing presence to the film. It'll be interesting.

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #361
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
....and Zola. Especially since he's likely turned into a rogue AI ensconced in an android body. Gonna need a lot of backstory on that one.
Oh yeah, forgot about Zola. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the one who engineered Bucky and turned him into the Winter Soldier.

Quote:
The movie is called Captain America and it now has to deal with Cap finding his place in the modern world.

Regardless of them being carry-overs are not they will still need significant screentime (Sitwell will probably just be a guy on a computer saying what's going on at most).

Regardless if they need exploration or not, there are still a bunch of characters that need exploration and need to be explored.

Bucky is one. Falcon is another. Cap's love interest is another. The main villain is another.

That's a lot of characters to juggle around on screen in under two hours. Falcon is likely going to be a new Avenger as well considering his placement in Winter Soldier and being in the Avengers Assemble cast.
You keep saying "explored" and "explore" like it's some kind of static process. With good writing, a story is supposed to flow organically no matter how many characters are in it. Having 10+ characters is not going to hurt this movie if the writing is good. So your concern should be the quality of writing in the story not how many characters are in it.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #362
Project862006
Banned User

wait this is a news report by latino review???

well now i know it has got to be true

gsp is the ufc champ and is defending his title in august come on now

Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #363
Mr. Dent
Banned User

1. This is not from El Mayimbe.

2. El Mayimbe was also the first and only one to report Bautista was the leading candidate for Drax after he claimed Momoa dropped out, so it's likely he was right about the Momoa situation as well.

I'm not a LR fan just stating the actual record.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #364
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Mr. Dent. It doesn't matter. He said it was Momoa multiple times and claimed REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. He was still wrong either way whether it changed or not.

- CM Punk
Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #365
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot about Zola. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the one who engineered Bucky and turned him into the Winter Soldier.

You keep saying "explored" and "explore" like it's some kind of static process. With good writing, a story is supposed to flow organically no matter how many characters are in it. Having 10+ characters is not going to hurt this movie if the writing is good. So your concern should be the quality of writing in the story not how many characters are in it.
Mr. Dent, I'm not saying its going to hurt it. I am just concerned they can coherently cover all of it in whatever amount of time they are given. I am willing to give the Russos the benefit of the doubt but this their first crack at something of this magnitude.

- CM Punk
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #366
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Mr. Dent. It doesn't matter. He said it was Momoa multiple times and claimed REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. He was still wrong either way whether it changed or not.
He jumped the gun. His info on Momoa was more than likely correct, but he effed up by saying it was a done deal based on how much Marvel wanted him. In a sense he was wrong, but it does not make him any less credible as his info ultimately proved to be correct, as not only did he get the Bautista casting right, but Deadline/THR/Variety (can't remember which one) also indirectly validated him on the Momoa talks.

Either way, this has nothing to do with Mayimbe, which was my first point.

Quote:
Mr. Dent, I'm not saying its going to hurt it. I am just concerned they can coherently cover all of it in whatever amount of time they are given. I am willing to give the Russos the benefit of the doubt but this their first crack at something of this magnitude.
Yeah, I'm just not too worried about it myself. The Russos have tons of experience juggling large casts and beyond that, a political thriller is supposed to be composed of a large cast. The prospect of all these characters being introduced into the MCU and the movie taking on more of a spy film feel to it with SHIELD being involved also just has me more excited than worried. I loved the early Brubaker Cap run and I'm really excited to see the movies take a crack at it. I've learned to just trust Feige and Marvel at this point.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #367
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Oh man... I would not want to ever fight GSP, he's one of the scariest men on the planet.

Also his speaking is not hard to hear at all, some of you are crazy and too skeptical haha.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #368
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I think most of us can agree that his English is coherent. He can also speak French, if needed.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #369
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
He jumped the gun. His info on Momoa was more than likely correct, but he effed up by saying it was a done deal based on how much Marvel wanted him. In a sense he was wrong, but it does not make him any less credible as his info ultimately proved to be correct, as not only did he get the Bautista casting right, but Deadline/THR/Variety (can't remember which one) also indirectly validated him on the Momoa talks.
I think it hurts the credibility of any news source that jumps the gun to get the whole YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST tagline in.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just not too worried about it myself. The Russos have tons of experience juggling large casts and beyond that, a political thriller is supposed to be composed of a large cast. The prospect of all these characters being introduced into the MCU and the movie taking on more of a spy film feel to it with SHIELD being involved also just has me more excited than worried. I loved the early Brubaker Cap run and I'm really excited to see the movies take a crack at it. I've learned to just trust Feige and Marvel at this point.
Yeah large cast in a TV sitcom that's a 22 minutes a week. This has a bunch of superpowered characters with complex backgrounds, a helicarrier, secret villain bases, and vigilantes in costumes. Its still not the same thing.

I'm just saying, this movie is basically going to be Avengers 1.5. And to have all these characters involved I think we should get a similar running time over two hours long .

- CM Punk
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #370
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Who gives a **** if GSP don't speak English well.... Batroc is ****ing French!

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #371
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah large cast in a TV sitcom that's a 22 minutes a week. This has a bunch of superpowered characters with complex backgrounds, a helicarrier, secret villain bases, and vigilantes in costumes. Its still not the same thing.

I'm just saying, this movie is basically going to be Avengers 1.5. And to have all these characters involved I think we should get a similar running time over two hours long .
Oh, yeah definitely, I think this movie is going to be 135-140min long. It's looking more and more like IM3 will be the same length as the Avengers, so the 2 hour 15-20 minute length format may be the new standard for Marvel (if the film needs it).

Also, I wouldn't call this Avengers 1.5...it just heavily features SHIELD because SHIELD characters are really the only character you could consider Cap's recurring cast...think about it, other than Sharon and Sam there aren't really any other notable supporting characters in Cap books.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #372
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
Who gives a **** if GSP don't speak English well.... Batroc is ****ing French!

But he does speak English well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #373
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
But he does speak English well.
I know he does I just see a bunch of whining about him not speaking it well And it's like

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #374
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Speaking is one thing, convincing delivery is another. Not that this guy will have over a line or two anyway.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #375
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
I know he does I just see a bunch of whining about him not speaking it well And it's like
Oh, I see what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Speaking is one thing, convincing delivery is another. Not that this guy will have over a line or two anyway.

I think he'll be convincing enough for the small amount of lines he'll probably end up getting. Ray Park was badass with both Toad and Darth Maul, yet he didn't speak much at all in both of the roles. I imagine this guy doing the same thing as Batroc.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread