The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #476
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post

So how bout that Batroc.
What, you wanna talk about whether or not he's going to get dubbed?

Also:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wh...ger.452467744/

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-27-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #477
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
The actuality of the situation? Calling it how it is? Really? I thought the only way to gauge was the internet lol. That's what I'm doing. I'm getting my info straight from the only worldwide source there is. Where are you getting yours from? Your own perception. Look that word up in the dictionary because you're confusing the words reality and actuality with that one.
Again, so you're saying I'm wrong and he was a highlight? Unless you say this you're not disproving anything I've said; you're just going in circles hiding behind polls in a veiled attempt to defend your favorite character.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #478
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Again, so you're saying I'm wrong and he was a highlight?
To Me? Yes. To the people on CBM? Yes. To tumblr? Hell to the yes. To the people in Youtube comment sections of Avengers videos? Yes. To IGN users? Yes. To most people on SHH. Yes. To you? No. Is that good enough for you? Asking if he was a highlight is too general a question and is a matter of opinion. But since I've provided you the opinions of many people who's answers to your question is yes, you should be fine.

Quote:
Unless you say this you're not disproving anything I've said; you're just going in circles hiding behind polls in a veiled attempt to defend your favorite character.
How am I hiding behind the polls? In a debate you state your claim and then provide support. the polls are my support to the claim I stated at the very beginning of this argument.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-28-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #479
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Batroc isn't as popular as you are claiming he is!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #480
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Is it weird if I read that in GSP's voice? I hope he grows a mustache or at least has a fake one.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #481
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
And no, I do not care that much. Cap was not a stand out character in the Avengers. Did some people like his performance? Yes, I never argued that. But he was not one of the highlights. Deal with it.
What complete, utter, and total horse****.

Your OPINION of Cap in the Avengers and your PERCEPTION of how he was received is not a FACT. JB provided plenty of concrete examples of a gauge of public perception. You have provided none to support your wild-ass theory that Cap is regarded as "an afterthought" behind Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow and Loki. Until you do so, you'd best try "IMHO-ing" your arguments instead of trying to pass them off as God's honest truth, because they're far from it. Deal with it.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #482
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Woohoo! Backup!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #483
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

Cap was certainly a highlight for me. More so than everyone other than the Hulk.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #484
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Your OPINION of Cap in the Avengers and your PERCEPTION of how he was received is not a FACT. JB provided plenty of concrete examples of a gauge of public perception. You have provided none to support your wild-ass theory that Cap is regarded as "an afterthought" behind Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow and Loki. Until you do so, you'd best try "IMHO-ing" your arguments instead of trying to pass them off as God's honest truth, because they're far from it. Deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Cap was certainly a highlight for me. More so than everyone other than the Hulk.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #485
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Cap was absolutely not a more well received figure in the film than Hulk nor was he regarded as the psuedo-lead like Iron Man. Again, I did NOT call Cap an afterthought here so that is completely irrelevant. All I did was respond to him saying I'm biased towards Cap by making it clear I am not, I just did not believe his role in the film was as memorable as Iron Man or Hulk's and was not as beloved as he made it out to be. He then pulled up crap from a completely different thread from a month ago. Read the whole freaking conversation before butting into something and taking it out of context.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #486
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Cap was absolutely not a more well received figure in the film than Hulk nor was he regarded as the psuedo-lead like Iron Man. Again, I did NOT call Cap an afterthought here so that is completely irrelevant. All I did was respond to him saying I'm biased towards Cap by making it clear I am not, I just did not believe his role in the film was as memorable as Iron Man or Hulk's and was not as beloved as he made it out to be. He then pulled up crap from a completely different thread from a month ago. Read the whole freaking conversation before butting into something and taking it out of context.
Whether or not you said he was an afterthought from a different conversation doesn't matter, you still said it did you not? Do you take it back? This conversation is just an extension of that one and you know it.

I, however, never said Captain America was more well received than Hulk or Iron Man. Nobody did. We simply said he was well received. He was a highlight. People liked him. He was one of the "internet audience's" favorite characters. That's all. And even if anyone thought that, it's ok to think so because we recognize that it's up to perception and opinion.

Quote:
What's all this talk of Captain America being "underwhelming" in The Avengers? He was done to perfection IMO. Sure his action scenes weren't as impressive as Iron Man/Hulk/etc. but that's expected. I do think he needed at least one big action moment that would make the audience go "Captain America can do that?" but I'd be fine if that moment happens in TWS instead.
Quote:
Told you people thought this lol.
This is where this argument started in this thread. I was disagreeing with a couple of people who thought Captain America has underwhelming action scenes in The Avengers and then you jumped on the chance to make it seem like most people thought Captain America was underwhelming. I then proved to you that you were wrong and you're still in denial. That's why I called you biased. Because even when evidence is shoved in your face you refuse to see it. You don't want to see it.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-28-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #487
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Cap is my favourite character in 'The Avengers'.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #488
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Mine, too. I also liked CA: TFA more than any of the other lead-in films except for Iron Man.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #489
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

This is you spouting your opinion and trying to pass it off as a fact:

Quote:
Cap was absolutely not a more well received figure in the film than Hulk nor was he regarded as the psuedo-lead like Iron Man.
^That's the wrong way to do it, class.

This is you properly saying "I just did not believe:"

Quote:
I just did not believe his role in the film was as memorable as Iron Man or Hulk's and was not as beloved as he made it out to be.
^This is the right way to do it, class.
Debate 101 class dismissed

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #490
ctsketch
Side-Kick

it doesn't matter what all the viewer polls and public opinions say cherokeesam. people obviously HATED cap like Mr. Dent said

Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #491
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Mine, too. I also liked CA: TFA more than any of the other lead-in films except for Iron Man.
Me three. It still bugs the hell out of me that the apartment and cafe scenes got cut.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #492
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Cap was my favorite character in the Avengers as well.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #493
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

My favorite was Iron Man. It was such a joy to see him finally move and sway as the superhero I read in the funny books. Favs, for all he gave us, never gave us a truly superheroic Iron Man.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #494
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

Cap is my favorite superhero and his movie was my favorite out of the bunch (kind of, Iron Man is a better rounded movie, but as a sum of parts, CATFA is best).

I just wish I could see what others do in Avengers Cap.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #495
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #496
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
This is you spouting your opinion and trying to pass it off as a fact:

^That's the wrong way to do it, class.

This is you properly saying "I just did not believe:"

^This is the right way to do it, class.
Debate 101 class dismissed
And we're back to my entire original point, You guys are arguing with me about Cap being a main highlight, but are you really going to sit here and tell me that Cap was a more popular figure in the film than Iron Man and Hulk? No, he was not, and trying to argue otherwise is stubborn. This is not my opinion. Marvel gave who credit for being the stand out star in Avengers? Hulk. Marvel promotes what character as their lead? Iron Man. If Cap were more popular than either of them then he would be getting more exposure from Marvel in their marketing, toy lines, press events, and mixed media.

You and JB are twisting what I said into some indictment of Cap and are insisting on arguing with me about it and using hyperbole to make it seem like I have some outrageous "opinion". It is not, and most of the time people would concede that Hulk and Iron Man were the definitive Avengers in the film, but for some reason you feel the need to argue with me about this...and not even about the actual subject itself, but whether I need to styphon it with "imo". Obviously everyone has their own specific favorite Avengers in the film, but it's more than clear from what Marvel says in the press, and how they marketed the film and their entire brand, that Iron Man and Hulk were the two stand outs amongst the Avengers.

When I said Cap was an "afterthought" in the other thread I didn't intend for it to mean that he was not a liked or well received character, obviously, but he is NOT the focus of any marketing by Marvel. It's Iron Man and Hulk. Not Cap, not Black Widow, not Hawkeye, not Thor, not Nick Fury. Iron Man and Hulk. Is that a slight against Cap? No, but he is not as popular as those two nor were people blow away by him in the film like they were with Hulk.

If you're really going to sit there and try to counter what I said just for the sake of trying to spin it into my opinion, and ignore the actual validity of it, then the conversation is not worth it. Furthermore, if **** is coming out of my mouth then it is inherently MY opinion. I do not have to make that clear by adding imo to it. This is not an editorial or article I'm writing, it's a post on a forum. If you have a problem with that then don't reply in the first place. If you're not going to add anything to the actual conversation then stay out of it and don't play some type of back seat mod or grammer squad by telling me to append my posts with "imo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
it doesn't matter what all the viewer polls and public opinions say cherokeesam. people obviously HATED cap like Mr. Dent said
Except I didn't say or imply this anywhere. Stop twisting my words with hyperbole.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 03-28-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #497
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Nobody is trying to say that Captain America is more popular than Hulk and Iron Man. Get that through your thick skull. But why are YOU trying to make it seem like those are the only two characters Marvel or anybody considers highlights? Just as easily as you can say Iron Man is promoted as "the lead" or that people were blown away by Hulk, I can say that Captain America had the most screen time and was the clear leader of the team by the end of it. Captain America was originally going to have even more screentime than he already had, but Marvel didn't want it to become "Captain America and friends." Captain America was the one character who was singled out during the aftermath interviews > "Captain America saved my life. Wherever he is, and wherever any of them are, I'd just like to say thank you." I could also say that the Thor franchise had the most characters in the film. I could say that Loki came out as the most liked character among women by a long shot. At NYCC I believe the only person who got any questions was Tom Hiddleston. Black Widow was the the first Avenger shown on screen in the film. You see the point I'm trying to get across? Your reasoning is extremely flawed and you still have no support for your argument. Iron Man and Hulk were highlights, yes, but that doesn't exclude any of the other characters from being highlights too. In this case, specifically Captain America. I have provided you proof, I have provided you examples. The only thing you're going by is your own perception which you insist on labeling as "reality."

According to you, it's Iron Man, Hulk and then everybody else. All we're trying to say to you is that is NOT the case.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #498
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
but he is NOT the focus of any marketing by Marvel. It's Iron Man and Hulk. Not Cap, not Black Widow, not Hawkeye, not Thor, not Nick Fury. Iron Man and Hulk.
Quote:
but he is NOT the focus of any marketing by Marvel.
Quote:
It's Iron Man and Hulk.
Quote:
Not Cap, not Black Widow, not Hawkeye, not Thor, not Nick Fury.
Quote:
Iron Man and Hulk.
This statement right here is your absolute worst yet.

EDIT:
This was a comic-con banner. One of the first pieces of artwork released for the film. Who's the focus here? Cap. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
http://www.thecomicbooknerd.com/wp-c...ers-Banner.jpg

This was the first Avengers clip released by Marvel. Who's the focus? Widow. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Who's the focus in this cute little Target commercial? Cap. not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Who's the focus in this clip released by Marvel? Thor and Cap. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Who's the focus in this clip released by Marvel? Nick Fury and Loki. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Who's the focus in this clip released by Marvel after the film had finished its run? Cap. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Who's the focus in this Captain America TV spot? Cap obviously. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Who's the focus in this Thor TV spot? Thor obviously. Not Iron Man and Hulk.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
but he is NOT the focus of any marketing by Marvel.
Quote:
Not Cap, not Black Widow, not Hawkeye, not Thor, not Nick Fury. Iron Man and Hulk.
EXPOSED.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-28-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #499
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
My opinion? So you're saying he was a highlight?

You can post all the polls you want to it doesn't change what the actual truth of the matter is.
Quote:
I'm not saying he was a highlight and I'm not saying he wasn't. I'm saying you're being irrational, illogical, biased and stubborn, and it's hilarious.

This is so rich
seriously. Mr. Dent, I like you, but enough lol. Who gives you the right to decide what the truth of the matter is?? You are doing what he said, your opinion is right. No one gets to decide for anyone, not you, not him, not me. All we got to rely on are the stats and polls and word, and he's provided a lot of evidence that captain america is more popular in avengers than what you thought.

the two of you guys argueing back and for for a bit of time now.

enough, drop it guys. JB, you presented your side, he wont budge, so you gotta just drop it.

Shake hands and move on fellas

Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #500
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
its been the two of you guys argueing back and for for a bit of time now.

enough, drop it guys. JB, you presented your side, he wont budge, so you gotta just drop it.

Shake hands and move on fellas
There's not really anything else to talk about until filming starts. Unless Robert Redford's role gets confirmed soon.

Closed Thread