The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #701
Frico
Live by the creed

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

REALLY liking that art with Cap vs Bucky. Made my day. It's interesting that Bucky doesn't have the domino mask...but if that's the route they're going I'm totally cool with that. The half mask actually makes him look more assassin like. Exciting stuff.

I figured Falcon would have a look similar to his Ultimates one. Even if it's concept art he looks pretty badass.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #702
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
REALLY liking that art with Cap vs Bucky. Made my day. It's interesting that Bucky doesn't have the domino mask...but if that's the route they're going I'm totally cool with that. The half mask actually makes him look more assassin like. Exciting stuff.

I figured Falcon would have a look similar to his Ultimates one. Even if it's concept art he looks pretty badass.
I think it was Feige or maybe even Mackie that said they'd be going with more of the Ultimate Falcon look. I do hope they do add some color to it so he's not such a drab looking hero.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #703
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Maybe we could get some colour in Falcon's outfit, but I seriously doubt we'll get anything resembling a costume. Probably another 'Hawkeye' style outfit I imagine.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #704
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Love both concept art, especially Falcon's. Seems odd we've gotten 3-4 concept art pieces for CA2 but really nothing for Thor 2.
Thor 2 had its own behind the scenes footage, doesn't exactly need much concept art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Probably another 'Hawkeye' style outfit I imagine.
That's pretty much what I expect. Probably a black and red jumpsuit with goggles/shades for flying.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #705
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The other heroes are soon going to turn into the equivalent of Bryan Singer's leather clad X-Men.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #706
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
The other heroes are soon going to turn into the equivalent of Bryan Singer's leather clad X-Men.
Only the agent heroes.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #707
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Yeah, you can thank the Ultimates for that. lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #708
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I really like a lot of those pics. Does anyone have a high res version of the cap vs ws one?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #709
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Just adding to the chorus that (a) the latest WS pic looks too much like New Goblin; and (b) Falcon looks cool, but they could infuse some red (and maybe even white) in there to be less, you know, boring black, and pay some homage to the original comics as well.

Conceptually, they're good ideas; but WS needs to look *a lot* less like New Goblin; and Falcon could use more than just basic black. The wings are awesome, though. Can't wait to see him in action.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #710
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I think the goggles look pretty cool. Would be nice to see them on without the face mask. The WS concept has potential, but I think they still need to touch it up a bit so it has some more colour and doesn't look like Harry from SM3 so much.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #711
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Well I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with Winter Soldiers look in that concept art, I actually really like it. I mean it's definitely a badass look. It's just that that look was totally wrong for new Gobby and now when we see someone wearing something similar (which in and of it self is a cool look mind you) we are reminded of new Gob. This is just one of the many terrible things Spiderman 3 has done to this world.

This look is far more fitting for a soldier/assassin type like WS.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #712
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Balaclava's are apart of standard military uniform in the Russian special task force (OMON). Marvel is being socially accurate here. Don't get the New Goblin criticisms.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #713
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Regardless of them getting the standard Russian military uniform right or whatever, he still resembles New Goblin.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #714
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Yeah, I don't like that generic soldier with wings ****. If Cap can wear a blue costume, Falcon can wear a red one.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #715
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

I think they both look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
What are the chances they go with that design? I'd say less likely than getting this one:
Is it too much to ask for both?

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #716
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Falcon with red photoshopped onto his wings.

I really hope they end up doing this. I have to admit it looks 10x better even though I didn't have problem with it originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Regardless of them getting the standard Russian military uniform right or whatever, he still resembles New Goblin.
Yes...but it sounds like people are criticizing the look for being "too much like NewGoblin" which doesn't make sense.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #717
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Sure WS looks similar to Harry in SM3, but frankly, it fits this character more than it fit "New Goblin" (). Don't take issue with this movie using it now, take issue with SM3 using it then.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #718
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Falcon with red photoshopped onto his wings.

I really hope they end up doing this. I have to admit it looks 10x better even though I didn't have problem with it originally.

Yes...but it sounds like people are criticizing the look for being "too much like NewGoblin" which doesn't make sense.
Great color change for Falcon's wings.

I mean, it really does look similar to New Goblin, though. It makes sense because we all know how he looked in SM3, so I think the critiquing is valid. That doesn't change the fact that WS is supposed to look that way, though. It's just that SM3 handled New Goblin's look wrong, and WS has to pay for it even though they are doing something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Sure WS looks similar to Harry in SM3, but frankly, it fits this character more than it fit "New Goblin" (). Don't take issue with this movie using it now, take issue with SM3 using it then.

That actually makes sense.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #719
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Are those guns falcon is holding attached to the wings?
Don't know, but it would make sense. They need to give him some kinda offensive capabilities.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 04-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #720
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Mini turrets should be stored where his nipples are. No hands required. In times of danger, they slide out, take aim and get to firing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #721
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Great color change for Falcon's wings.

I mean, it really does look similar to New Goblin, though. It makes sense because we all know how he looked in SM3, so I think the critiquing is valid. That doesn't change the fact that WS is supposed to look that way, though. It's just that SM3 handled New Goblin's look wrong, and WS has to pay for it even though they are doing something right.
Yeah it's just stupid to me lol.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #722
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Mini turrets should be stored where his nipples are. No hands required. In times of danger, they slide out, take aim and get to firing.
Not bullets, though. Bird poo.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #723
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Not bullets, though. Bird poo.

You're right. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #724
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

From a narrative stand-point, I've got to say I strongly think the audience isn't meant to know who Winter Soldier is until a ways into the film. The fanboys will know and those who read articles will know. But, I think it's designed to be a surprise for the total mass audience when that mask is taken off. And if not just the audience, then for Cap -- Cap can't see any of his former partner in there, so it works to conceal his identity from Cap.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #725
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Exactly right, Ultimatehero.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread