The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #76
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,703
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
This is another reason why i think using Bale for Justice League/Worlds Finest is the smarter idea. And fans will be able to buy into Batman and Supermans relationship more because they've known Batman for 3 movies and relate to him already. And they'll relate to this version of Superman and his origin.

There are different interpretations to be done for Batman. We haven't seen the animated series or arkham series come to life...and that's a very specific story for a film (Arkham Asylum)...as the centerpiece of that story has Bats locked inside a massive building with many rogues at once. And we have Batman Beyond, which will only be greenlighted YEARS if not decades from now. These are Batman interpretations that could interest many fans and general moviegoers because they are different. But the standard Batman vs Joker movie again & again, or another crime-detective story pitted against some other villain, is just not interesting. I don't think the vast majority of movie-goers will care anymore either.

If a non fanboy hears that the villain to a new rebooted batman movie is some unheard-of monster, they just wont care.

Justice League should be 1 or 2 films and a shared universe that includes Bale's Batman because you don't have to make any more Bat solo ventures for a long time. Man Of Steel can have its sequel (we dont know if a 3rd will ever be made). And Green Lantern can exist exclusively to the JL movies so the audience doesnt have to sit through another load of crap. It saves WB from risking their money on him too. Flash and WW can either be exclusive as well or they each get a one-off solo film and that's that. Depending on how they are recieved in the team-up.

I agree with that blurb. Absolutely spot on. People KNOW these characters now. What they want to see are specific adaptations that push the boundaries of what we are familiar and unfamiliar with. That's why we have been getting X-Men films that are adapting specific titles. We don't go from random villain "A" to "B" anymore. It's about story telling. Eventually Spiderman films will run out of villain "C", "D", and "E" and we'll go back to Goblin and Octopus. Maybe it will be a compelling story, but will it be something audiences haven't seen before? Not sure about that.

I do feel bringing back Bale is a money grab, so I don't neccessarily agree with it. But if there is a story there, I'm open to it. Love to see it attempted.


Last edited by Mr.M; 03-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Mr.M is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #77
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick
 
redfirebird2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,830
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post

But the very IDEA of Superman and Batman being in the same world is a contrivance in the first place, based on the fact that they both originate from the same publishing company.
Obviously.

But people would go nuts to see 2 of the Big 3 on the screen together. I just hope Bale's Batman isn't part of it.

redfirebird2008 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #78
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar
 
MagnarTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,209
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

3 months ago: Jonathan Nolan on Justice League and the Nolanverse Batman films

MagnarTheGreat is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #79
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,291
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

You don't need to do the origin of Batman again. Sure the audience will be a little confused at first with a completely different Batman/Bruce Wayne but they will pick up any changes pretty quickly. Contrast that with Spider-Man where I personally think they HAD to retell the origin again especially with regards to organic webs vs web shooters.

JL is the perfect place to test the waters with a brand new (hopefully more comic faithful) Batman

spider-neil is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #80
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Obviously.

But people would go nuts to see 2 of the Big 3 on the screen together. I just hope Bale's Batman isn't part of it.
Yeah, I mean we all have our hopes and fears regarding this. But it does make sense is all I've been trying to say. 2 of the big 3 has even more meaning when it's two actors you have an existing emotional attachment to in the role, it really just does.

I mean, what if it makes for a better story for Bruce Wayne to be disrupted from his peaceful retirement due to the emergence of Superman and the threats he brings with him? Wouldn't that only add to the tension between Bruce and Clark?

I just don't want to rule out that possibility is all. It would be a huge HUGE risk, no two ways about it. But maybe there'd be a huge reward in there. I'm just preparing myself for all possibilities at this point.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #81
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider
 
Venom'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,007
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Tony Stark already addressed this, but Abrams was interested in SW but initially turned down the project because he had committed to working on Star Trek for Paramount. He ended up changing his mind only after Kathy Kennedy refused to take no for an answer and kept pursuing him as her first choice for director.

Conversely, Nolan has flat-out said several times that he has absolutely no interest in godfathering a DCCU and has no real reason to change his mind.
Somewhere on this site, there was a link to an article quoting Nolan as saying, "the atmosphere wasn't conducive over there." That was in the mist of a discussion about his thoughts with WB management and why he was not interested in JL but producing MoS. This why I said, what I said to Dark Knight in the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=530

So yes, I can certainly see why he could very well have changed his mind. I knew then, the thought was to give Nolan control, which would make him more comfortable in formatting a direction for what WB/DC want to do. Now, its "my opinion" that Nolan primitively have a plan how to tie some things together, even if it means explaining some things and totally ignoring other things.

__________________
___________________________________
Foxx-Electro * Giamatti-Rhino * DeHaan-ProtoGoblin
My JL Trailer * The Unholy Trinity of Venom * The Sinister 6
Venom'sDad is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #82
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,452
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I agree with that blurb. Absolutely spot on. People KNOW these characters now. What they want to see are specific adaptations that push the boundaries of what we are familiar and unfamiliar with. That's why we have been getting X-Men films that are adapting specific titles. We don't go from random villain "A" to "B" anymore. It's about story telling. Eventually Spiderman films will run out of villain "C", "D", and "E" and we'll go back to Goblin and Octopus. Maybe it will be a compelling story, but will it be something audiences haven't seen before? Not sure about that.

I do feel bringing back Bale is a money grab, so I don't neccessarily agree with it. But if there is a story there, I'm open to it. Love to see it attempted.
Yeah im with ya on that. We need specific stories that are different from the norm. Not a studio or writer or director getting their hands on a superhero like Batman and going "OK let's make a new Batman movie, which villain? OK Riddler perfect, let's do a detective story that highlights the important parts of the Riddler and Bats...go!". That gets old quickly. Building a movie around the rogue before you even have the script down or whatever. I'm done with that.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #83
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,063
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I mean, what if it makes for a better story for Bruce Wayne to be disrupted from his peaceful retirement due to the emergence of Superman and the threats he brings with him? Wouldn't that only add to the tension between Bruce and Clark?
I think this would be great.

It's not like in TDKR where he wants to get back in the cowl. He's past that. Batman isn't his only purpose anymore, he's learned to open himself up to a normal life again (with Selina, fulfilling Alfred's wishes, etc). However, he now feels that he has to get back in the cowl. He can't feel at peace knowing that there are these superhumans/aliens popping up.

Everytime he looks at Supes, it's a reminder of that, even though he respects him. His existence is a nuissance, a newly revealed burden for Bruce, who knows that he can do something to help.

He needs to set up the league, keeping the world hopeful that the world's superhumans are banding together to keep the poeple safe from the forces out there, and from the members themselves; after that, he can go back to his retirement with a clear mind.


Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-05-2013 at 01:52 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #84
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold
 
Sub-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,205
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

That makes superman batmans enemy. Makes no sense. Differences in the way they do things but he never blames him for everything. Plus the Nolan batman would need a walker to move around. 39 is geriatric in the nolanverse as far as superheroes go. What could he actually do? The answer is nothing he'd die so fast if all he can do is take on 7 people at once who don't shoot him with their guns but try to hit him with them

Sub-Zero is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #85
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 863
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Somewhere on this site, there was a link to an article quoting Nolan as saying, "the atmosphere wasn't conducive over there." That was in the mist of a discussion about his thoughts with WB management and why he was not interested in JL but producing MoS. This why I said, what I said to Dark Knight in the link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=530

So yes, I can certainly see why he could very well have changed his mind. I knew then, the thought was to give Nolan control, which would make him more comfortable in formatting a direction for what WB/DC want to do. Now, its "my opinion" that Nolan primitively have a plan how to tie some things together, even if it means explaining some things and totally ignoring other things.
And I feel like Nolan is a cunning guy and probably sees WB's desperation. I'd bet that a normal studio under any other circumstances would call the whole project off after every director they approached turned it down and the attempt before this ended in failure as well. WB is looking as if they're about to start selling organs to get this franchise off the ground and Nolan has probably taken notice.

From here, now that he'll have virtually complete control, he can make the movie he wants rather than the one dictated to him and he'll have a better position to twist arms in the studio to make his will a reality.

Not that I want to paint Nolan as a conniving person, but I feel like that could be a bit of what's going on. But even if that part of the news is true, I'm not 100% convinced that Bale is eager to come back. The man is probably afraid of being tied down to the character like Hugh Jackman has been with Wolverine. He's probably afraid of being hassled about playing Batman in every solitary DC crossover film produced that he'll have no time to play in other movies. I'm not sure what his status as a comic fan is, but if he's not a fan of the books or the character I can see why he'd be afraid of being shackled into playing this character for indefinite years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero;
That makes superman batmans enemy. Makes no sense. Differences in the way they do things but he never blames him for everything. Plus the Nolan batman would need a walker to move around. 39 is geriatric in the nolanverse as far as superheroes go.
I didn't see it that way. I was thinking more so Justice League: Doom/Tower of Babel where Batman sees the inherent threat that these god-like heroes carry and feels the need to keep them controlled. That could actually make for an interesting (and unique) plot where Batman becomes the sort of villain. Except that detail wouldn't really be revealed until the end of course.


Last edited by cleverusername8; 03-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.
cleverusername8 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #86
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick
 
redfirebird2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,830
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
And I feel like Nolan is a cunning guy and probably sees WB's desperation. I'd bet that a normal studio under any other circumstances would call the whole project off after every director they approached turned it down and the attempt before this ended in failure as well. WB is looking as if they're about to start selling organs to get this franchise off the ground and Nolan has probably taken notice.

From here, now that he'll have virtually complete control, he can make the movie he wants rather than the one dictated to him and he'll have a better position to twist arms in the studio to make his will a reality.

Not that I want to paint Nolan as a conniving person, but I feel like that could be a bit of what's going on. But even if that part of the news is true, I'm not 100% convinced that Bale is eager to come back. The man is probably afraid of being tied down to the character like Hugh Jackman has been with Wolverine. He's probably afraid of being hassled about playing Batman in every solitary DC crossover film produced that he'll have no time to play in other movies. I'm not sure what his status as a comic fan is, but if he's not a fan of the books or the character I can see why he'd be afraid of being shackled into playing this character for indefinite years to come.

Setting aside the most recent speculation, Bale is more open to the idea than Nolan. Bale straight up said he would do another Batman movie if Nolan had a good story and wanted Bale to participate. Nolan, meanwhile, has always said he was done with his version of Batman and that he didn't want to be involved with Justice League either.

redfirebird2008 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #87
gdw
Side-Kick
 
gdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans . . .
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

For those citing Nolan's comments about NOT wanting to be involved in a JLA, etc, filmverse, and his view that his Batman was in a world with no other *heroes, let's not forget he also said he would not be involved with a Superman film, seeing no way to make him relatable.

*Yet. From what we are hearing, MOS is very much dealing with the question of what would really happen is beings with abilities beyond ours showed up. As such, it could simply be done that, similar to the way in the New 52 Batman has been operating for years before the other heroes show up, Nolan's Batman was the first person to done a cape, and then MOS introduces the first "super-powered" being into that same universe.

__________________
You will never be forgoten Robert.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.

Last edited by gdw; 03-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
gdw is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #88
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
That makes superman batmans enemy. Makes no sense. Differences in the way they do things but he never blames him for everything. Plus the Nolan batman would need a walker to move around. 39 is geriatric in the nolanverse as far as superheroes go. What could he actually do? The answer is nothing he'd die so fast if all he can do is take on 7 people at once who don't shoot him with their guns but try to hit him with them
Batman and Superman have never had the rosiest of relationships. If they're going to make a movie with the two of them it almost demands that you focus a lot of it on the inherent conflict between them. It's simply the most interesting story to tell there.

And when it comes to a physical confrontation between the two of them...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


There's your equalizer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
I didn't see it that way. I was thinking more so Justice League: Doom/Tower of Babel where Batman sees the inherent threat that these god-like heroes carry and feels the need to keep them controlled. That could actually make for an interesting (and unique) plot where Batman becomes the sort of villain. Except that detail wouldn't really be revealed until the end of course.
Exactly.

Honestly, the marketing potential for a Batman/Superman conflict film would be off the charts. It could be a very "choose your side" kind of thing where neither is presented as the clearcut good guy or bad guy and everyone could sort of be encouraged to bring whatever fanboy or nostalgic bias they might have with them into the movie.

Of course, they'd probably find a common ground by the end of the movie, but the marketing potential would be massive.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 03-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #89
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
For those citing Nolan's comments about NOT wanting to be involved in a JLA, etc, filmverse, and his view that his Batman was in a world with no other *heroes, let's not forget he also said he would not be involved with a Superman film, seeing no way to make him relatable.

*Yet. From what we are hearing, MOS is very much dealing with the question of what would really happen is beings with abilities beyond ours showed up. As such, it could simply be done that, similar to the way in the New 52 Batman has been operating for years before the other heroes show up, Nolan's Batman was the first person to done a cape, and then MOS introduces the first "super-powered" being into that same universe.



Exactly.

Dark Knight is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #90
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Batman and Superman have never had the rosiest of relationships. If they're going to make a movie with the two of them it almost demands that you focus a lot of it on the inherent conflict between them. It's simply the most interesting story to tell there.

And when it comes to a physical confrontation between the two of them...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


There's your equalizer.




Exactly.

Honestly, the marketing potential for a Batman/Superman conflict film would be off the charts. It could be a very "choose your side" kind of thing where neither is presented as the clearcut good guy or bad guy and everyone could sort of be encouraged to bring whatever fanboy or nostalgic bias they might have with them into the movie.

Of course, they'd probably find a common ground by the end of the movie, but the marketing potential would be massive.




Oh boy. Can you say EPIC?

Dark Knight is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #91
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,703
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yeah im with ya on that. We need specific stories that are different from the norm. Not a studio or writer or director getting their hands on a superhero like Batman and going "OK let's make a new Batman movie, which villain? OK Riddler perfect, let's do a detective story that highlights the important parts of the Riddler and Bats...go!". That gets old quickly. Building a movie around the rogue before you even have the script down or whatever. I'm done with that.
Problem is the audience has gotten to a point where continuity is a stickler. And the Marvel approach exacerbates that. Spiderman had to clearly distinguish itself as a reboot such that peeps weren't thrown off... for better or worse. We have to get to a point where we saturate the audience enough such that film makers can just tell any story of their pleasing. X-Men for example isn't wrapped up in the rigid continuity any longer. It's still there and unavoidable, but they can dance around the issue. But we are at the point in that franchise where we can pick out some vague time point, and adapt this or that story, on the discretion of the writers and producers. That's the way to do these adaptations without falling into reboot syndrome.

I am curious to see Marvel's plan after this Avenger trilogy. They can't really explore the MCU history because Captain America landed in ice and did not return until 70 years later. They have no place to go but forward, and that is potentially a problem when stories run dry and they start getting the reboot itch. Because they have not establish a broad time frame where these characters exist in multiple eras with rich history and stories. It's pretty much the origin of Marvel on the big screen with nothing preceding it. Once you establish that precedent of telling or re-telling of the beginning, the reboot quagmire coincides once the continuity fails or is completely broken.

Mr.M is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #92
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I am curious to see Marvel's plan after this Avenger trilogy. They can't really explore the MCU history because Captain America landed in ice and did not return until 70 years later. They have no place to go but forward, and that is potentially a problem when stories run dry and they start getting the reboot itch. Because they have not establish a broad time frame where these characters exist in multiple eras with rich history and stories. It's pretty much the origin of Marvel on the big screen with nothing preceding it. Once you establish that precedent of telling or re-telling of the beginning, the reboot quagmire coincides once the continuity fails or is completely broken.
That is a really good point actually. The Marvel Universe is becoming so massive and complex that rebooting it would probably be impossible. It'd be like rebooting Star Wars.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #93
halo4able
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

comic book movie.com states the half the rumour is false

www.comic book movie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=75187

halo4able is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #94
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,703
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That is a really good point actually. The Marvel Universe is becoming so massive and complex that rebooting it would probably be impossible. It'd be like rebooting Star Wars.
I would propose a Fantastic Four themed Silver Age Marvel dealing with the Space Age and the Information Era, but Disney has no control over what Fox does. With that though, you could establish some other key characters in the MCU. 60's-70's Black Panther (more fitting time frame), maybe a Hank Pym, with Scott Lang taking over for Avengers movies. As of now, the MCU has no history worth exploring because none of its characters are present there. X-Men can go back in time and do Wolverine stories, Cold War stories, anything of their choosing. Thor and Cosmic Marvel would be the exception because the possibilities are endless.

I bring this up because DC has yet to establish the DC lore and the universe that comes with it. I don't think a JL film has any merit without that. You have to establish background and some camaraderie between the characters and audiences before you tackle that thing. I don't think this Superman will accomplish establishing a universe, because it is another present day story and another personal conflict, as is Bruce Wayne's/Nolan's story.

Unless of course Wayne and MoS Clark ARE the beginning; the stories that started them all. If you play off that angle, you have a potential building block for the DCCU.


Last edited by Mr.M; 03-05-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Mr.M is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #95
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

I can’t bring myself to care that Jett says he’s heard this as well. All I’m going to say about that is Jett sure knows a lot of things beforehand that he tells no one until someone else reveals the rumor, leading me to believe Jett’s kind of lousy as a source.

Also, the rumor mill is a lot smaller than people think. Just because Jett and Mayimbe said the same thing doesn’t mean anything. For all you know, they
are each other’s sources, or they have the same source, period.

AICN backing this up means little, because AICN has a pretty lousy track
record when it comes to WB/DC rumors. Hence their relative lack of DC stories of late.

Finally, we’ve all heard this rumor. Like six times in the last year. We’ve had all these discussions.

The idea that it couldn’t work because of what's already been set down in the Nolanverse is silly. There’s a precent for it in the comics, even for multiple Batmen.

Have we really reached the point where people think that Bruce Wayne abandoning happiness to take up the cape and cowl to save the world CHEAPENS THE CHARACTER?

Oh, it would undo what happened in TDKR? Well, THE DARK KNIGHT basically counteracted the ending of BATMAN BEGINS, didn't it? THE DARK KNIGHT RISES basically undid what happened in THE DARK KNIGHT, to a point. How would JUSTICE LEAGUE be any different?

There are all kinds of ways it could work. Maybe Blake tries to get Bruce to come out of retirement (again) and joins the league when he won't and gets hurt or killed, causing Bruce to step up. Maybe Bruce recognizes his duty to the world and comes out of retirement to help save it. It’s not hard to come up with a compelling reason for Bruce Wayne to become Batman, or for a way Batman could be part of the Justice League.

There’s no reason Bruce couldn’t take up the cowl again. His body obviously wasn’t THAT broken. And if it was, then take a nod from KINGDOM COME and give him a prosthetic. You know, like he had in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

And it’s like no one realizes that there are these things called “reconstructive surgeries” in the real world, let alone the imaginary DCU, that can do things like compensate for one's age, and physical wear and tear.

The whole “Watching the other heroes to make sure they’re not a threat” angle is a great one, and could lead to future Justice League storylines.

As for these WORLD’s FINEST rumors. In the old AYSLUM Batman/Superman film project, Batman came out of retirement to fight alongside (and against) Superman. That’s also what happens in KINGDOM COME to some extent. Just food for thought.

Chris Nolan said otherwise? Well, Nolan essentially lied about Robin, Talia, Superman, and various other things over a decade. What, he wouldn’t lie about The Justice League for secrecy's sake? The man's own FILMS contradict themselves half the time.

Please.

Let’s just wait and see. As always, I’ll believe it when Variety reports it, or it becomes otherwise official, perhaps from someone who is not just self-promoting.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #96
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I can’t bring myself to care that Jett says he’s heard this as well. All I’m going to say about that is Jett sure knows a lot of things beforehand that he tells no one until someone else reveals the rumor, leading me to believe Jett’s kind of lousy as a source.

Also, the rumor mill is a lot smaller than people think. Just because Jett and Mayimbe said the same thing doesn’t mean anything. For all you know, they
are each other’s sources, or they have the same source, period.

AICN backing this up means little, because AICN has a pretty lousy track
record when it comes to WB/DC rumors. Hence their relative lack of DC stories of late.

Finally, we’ve all heard this rumor. Like six times in the last year. We’ve had all these discussions.

The idea that it couldn’t work because of what's already been set down in the Nolanverse is silly. There’s a precent for it in the comics, even for multiple Batmen.

Have we really reached the point where people think that Bruce Wayne abandoning happiness to take up the cape and cowl to save the world CHEAPENS THE CHARACTER?

Oh, it would undo what happened in TDKR? Well, THE DARK KNIGHT basically counteracted the ending of BATMAN BEGINS, didn't it? THE DARK KNIGHT RISES basically undid what happened in THE DARK KNIGHT, to a point. How would JUSTICE LEAGUE be any different?

There are all kinds of ways it could work. Maybe Blake tries to get Bruce to come out of retirement (again) and joins the league when he won't and gets hurt or killed, causing Bruce to step up. Maybe Bruce recognizes his duty to the world and comes out of retirement to help save it. It’s not hard to come up with a compelling reason for Bruce Wayne to become Batman, or for a way Batman could be part of the Justice League.

There’s no reason Bruce couldn’t take up the cowl again. His body obviously wasn’t THAT broken. And if it was, then take a nod from KINGDOM COME and give him a prosthetic. You know, like he had in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

And it’s like no one realizes that there are these things called “reconstructive surgeries” in the real world, let alone the imaginary DCU, that can do things like compensate for one's age, and physical wear and tear.

The whole “Watching the other heroes to make sure they’re not a threat” angle is a great one, and could lead to future Justice League storylines.

As for these WORLD’s FINEST rumors. In the old AYSLUM Batman/Superman film project, Batman came out of retirement to fight alongside (and against) Superman. That’s also what happens in KINGDOM COME to some extent. Just food for thought.

Chris Nolan said otherwise? Well, Nolan essentially lied about Robin, Talia, Superman, and various other things over a decade. What, he wouldn’t lie about The Justice League for secrecy's sake? The man's own FILMS contradict themselves half the time.

Please.

Let’s just wait and see. As always, I’ll believe it when Variety reports it, or it becomes otherwise official, perhaps from someone who is not just self-promoting.
Great post Guard.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #97
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,452
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Man Of Steel and Batman Begins (and the trilogy as a whole) have the exact same premise. What if Batman existed in our real world and what if Superman or an alien existed in our normal world?

If you reboot Batman, what you're doing is taking a Superman with that premise that i mentioned and mixing him with a Batman that comes from a seperate reality & concept. The new Batman will be based in a world that has no problem believing monsters could come to life or at least freakish villains (think Burton, BTAS, etc but with a more serious tone & accuracy to the source material).

Why is it hard to believe that Nolans Batman and Superman (same makers, same premise, same composer) could exist together? People will be assuming that this is Nolan's Superman. Yes we know it's Snyders mainly but it's also Nolans too.

Yes a rebooted Batman could be done in a similar fashion to Nolans. Grounded realism or whatever. But it's like repeating Nolans Batman without Bale and just making him younger when you can have ur cake and eat it too. Just get Bale back if u want to go that route.


Last edited by shauner111; 03-05-2013 at 03:43 PM.
shauner111 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #98
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

To take a break from all the debating...I might have just made a mess of myself thinking of the prospects of Hans Zimmer scoring this film and integrating themes from both the TDK trilogy and MOS.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #99
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,452
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
To take a break from all the debating...I might have just made a mess of myself thinking of the prospects of Hans Zimmer scoring this film and integrating themes from both the TDK trilogy and MOS.
Oh man! I was thinking about that same thing yesterday. The idea of Zimmers Bat themes crawling into the Justice League when Batman arrives, etc. It would be awesome.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #100
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,889
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Problem is the audience has gotten to a point where continuity is a stickler. And the Marvel approach exacerbates that. Spiderman had to clearly distinguish itself as a reboot such that peeps weren't thrown off... for better or worse. We have to get to a point where we saturate the audience enough such that film makers can just tell any story of their pleasing. X-Men for example isn't wrapped up in the rigid continuity any longer. It's still there and unavoidable, but they can dance around the issue. But we are at the point in that franchise where we can pick out some vague time point, and adapt this or that story, on the discretion of the writers and producers. That's the way to do these adaptations without falling into reboot syndrome.

I am curious to see Marvel's plan after this Avenger trilogy. They can't really explore the MCU history because Captain America landed in ice and did not return until 70 years later. They have no place to go but forward, and that is potentially a problem when stories run dry and they start getting the reboot itch. Because they have not establish a broad time frame where these characters exist in multiple eras with rich history and stories. It's pretty much the origin of Marvel on the big screen with nothing preceding it. Once you establish that precedent of telling or re-telling of the beginning, the reboot quagmire coincides once the continuity fails or is completely broken.
I disagree with that. James Bond ran for 40 years before they thought of rebooting the franchise, and even then with Skyfall they managed to connect the reboot with the continuity by having Bond walk back into a reproduced set of the classic MI-6 office that Connery walked into.

At the end of the day, people don't care if it's a reboot or a continuous story, they want a good movie, with good characters.

Honestly if I'm WB, I scrap the whole idea of a "shared universe" because you're only going to look like you're copying marvel. Get an original cast to play the roles, and move forward.

__________________
“Whenever you see somebody crossing over to something it gives it pop. Like Murder She Wrote and Magnum [P.I.] — great crossover. I got excited.” Joss Whedon on Spider-man joining the Avengers.
Tony Stark is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.