The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
:funny: I wish!

Sorry, I forgot about that :)

Well in 7 hours it'll be 5am here. I'm getting up for work at 5.30, is that acceptable? :hehe:
I added an edit to my original post.

London is 5 hours ahead of the US East coast. Where are you in the UK?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Everywhere in the UK is on the same time frame.

Which 'coast' does SHH time usually go by then? I'm so confused, i'm the worst at stuff like this

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Everywhere in the UK is on the same time frame.

Which 'coast' does SHH time usually go by then? I'm so confused, i'm the worst at stuff like this
You can set it to any timezone you wish so I'm not sure what it is typically. I'm on eastern time and it will we are 3 hours ahead of the west.

Also, 7 hours from now should be midnight for you... hmmm

Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
GreenKToo
In the fire

Shoot. rudeness doesn't bother me. I can give as good as I get..besides, its all friendly as for as I am concerned.
Anywho, It's not WE the fans that i'm worried about being catered too, its joe schmo on the street. I know we will be there, but will he.
I could stand to not see another pic or trailer, but I want more marketing so it will do well, so a sequel or a possible WF film can happen..if it doesn't do well, kiss all that goodbye.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Denish
Side-Kick

Yeah Poni..I told you that..Have you something that the world doesn't? We have 4 stills from the movie..and one of them is a screencap, of the old same handcuffed Superman..

Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Why are some acting like Superman is still cool? That people in mass care about him? That most would look at him and Iron Man together and pick him? We are suppose to have this "new", "cool" Superman and everyone wants to hide him.

This could be the best movie ever, but it won't matter without the proper build up. You release good photos, they around the net and cause good buzz. The people who are only capable of expressing themselves with "Epic" and "Cool" start to care.

This film is being marketed like it is a secret. Snyder won't even confirm Zod. I hate the "its to precious to talk about" way some are handling this.

This should be a movie folks months out start playing their vacation around. What about this film's marketing will have people doing that so far?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Why are some acting like Superman is still cool? That people in mass care about him? That most would look at him and Iron Man together and pick him? We are suppose to have this "new", "cool" Superman and everyone wants to hide him.

This could be the best movie ever, but it won't matter without the proper build up. You release good photos, they around the net and cause good buzz. The people who are only capable of expressing themselves with "Epic" and "Cool" start to care.

This film is being marketed like it is a secret. Snyder won't even confirm Zod. I hate the "its to precious to talk about" way some are handling this.

This should be a movie folks months out start playing their vacation around. What about this film's marketing will have people doing that so far?
Mhm.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
You can set it to any timezone you wish so I'm not sure what it is typically. I'm on eastern time and it will we are 3 hours ahead of the west.

Also, 7 hours from now should be midnight for you... hmmm
Nope, it's 10pm...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
Yeah Poni..I told you that..Have you something that the world doesn't? We have 4 stills from the movie..and one of them is a screencap, of the old same handcuffed Superman..

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Nope, it's 10pm...
A-ha. Seven hours for me is midnight, it's 2 hours for you. 7 hours - 5 hours (time difference) = 2 hours. So yeah, 5 am is midnight here.

Math is great.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
http://www.dailyblam.com/movie/superman-man-of-steel

There's no way you can tell me that there's a lack of images or news about this movie when I follow it so closely. And I don't even cover ALL of it, just the important stuff.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I don't understand your behavior..I'm saying what we got till now..We have, I repeat, 4, four, F-O-U-R pics..Can you deny it instead of putting facepalms everywhere? so do it..

Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Why are some acting like Superman is still cool? That people in mass care about him? That most would look at him and Iron Man together and pick him? We are suppose to have this "new", "cool" Superman and everyone wants to hide him.far?

All the more reason to wait for the Iron Man 3 fever to die the hell down before spending money on it

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
A-ha. Seven hours for me is midnight, it's 2 hours for you. 7 hours - 5 hours (time difference) = 2 hours. So yeah, 5 am is midnight here.

Math is great.
So the 'post thread as soon as I wake up for work' plan is still good to go. Cool.

*\S/T*
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
http://www.dailyblam.com/movie/superman-man-of-steel

There's no way you can tell me that there's a lack of images or news about this movie when I follow it so closely. And I don't even cover ALL of it, just the important stuff.
Yeah..you're right..Toys pics will make the movie earn a billion dollar..Ok, you won.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Mhm.
Begins was infinitely better then any Comic book movie I had seen before its release. It didn't do well in theaters. Why? Because its identity was never clearly shown. There was not one reason for people to think it was a prequel to Burton's Batman.

Quote:
All the more reason to wait for the Iron Man 3 fever to die the hell down before spending money on it
I never understood the run and hide approach. Shows weakness. Flaunt it if you got it.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Yeah..you're right..Toys pics will make the movie earn a billion dollar..Ok, you won.
Toy pics are the only thing you see? Really? Not magazine covers and stills and a poster and a trailer and screencaps?

Wasn't sure before but now I'm sure you lack the sound reasoning necessary to understand how the movie business works. Good day.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #20
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I never understood the run and hide approach. Shows weakness. Flaunt it if you got it.
It's NOT run and hide, it's properly and EFFECTIVELY allocated a LIMITED budget for the most successful marketing effect.

Why compete with Iron Man 3 marketing when you don't have to compete with the movie in theaters? Why? It makes NO sense.

That being said, it's only March 5th and obviously WB will continue releasing stuff as they have in the past few months.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

This conversation is so reminiscent to the months leading up to TDKR, it's scary. lol

Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Toy pics are the only thing you see? Really? Not magazine covers and stills and a poster and a trailer and screencaps?

Wasn't sure before but now I'm sure you lack the sound reasoning necessary to understand how the movie business works. Good day.
I don't see what you see maybe..And, if you count screencaps as part of marketing..I could easily take every frame and put all of them in one post saying we have tooons of pics from Mos..that's one trailer, one single trailer that doesn't even show that much..

Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
This conversation is so reminiscent to the months leading up to TDKR, it's scary. lol
Happens multiple times every year with every fan obsessed movie. People have horrible memory retention.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #24
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's NOT run and hide, it's properly and EFFECTIVELY allocated a LIMITED budget for the most successful marketing effect.

Why compete with Iron Man 3 marketing when you don't have to compete with the movie in theaters? Why? It makes NO sense.

That being said, it's only March 5th and obviously WB will continue releasing stuff as they have in the past few months.
It is not about competing, it is about not caring about others films. Making your own mark.

You really think it cost a lot of money to release photos? Give them to the fan and news site. They will do it for you. They live for that kind of stuff.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Poni Boy....I suggest you cut back on the attitude (in more than this one post I take note of).....the snarkyness needs to end now.

Closed Thread