The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #76
Spaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So knowledge of a film's release is all that is necessary? Good to know.
Did I say that?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #77
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Did I say that?
What are you trying to say?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #78
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Because there's such a long post production period it feels like such a dry spell for the fans. If it were a shorter gap from filming to actual release the waiting period would be condensed.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #79
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Because there's such a long post production period it feels like such a dry spell for the fans. If it were a shorter gap from filming to actual release the waiting period would be condensed.
And then the worry that they are rushing the film would be in full force.

This is the norm. There's nothing strange or out of place about the MOS marketing. Wolverine? Yes. RIPD? Yes. This movie? Smooth sailing so far.

Not to be cynical but I'm pretty sure even if WB released 10 stills every week people would complain that it's not enough.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #80
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I'm happy with the longer post production schedule. I don't want this rushed. I'm just saying I think it's made the waiting period seem that much longer. Thus it's easy to get uptight.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #81
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Not to mention most of those reviews are coming from hindsight, where Christopher Reeve is a legend.

That's why the top critics are important to examine because they were most likely reviewing it in 1978, which is probably why you can't link to some of their actual reviews.
Ha. In 1978, most of us do not check out much less read critics review. A 1-minute teaser trailer with flying credit through cloud and a couple of promos in magazine like Starlog were all the info that we got before heading to the cinema. That said I remember reading some of the critics review years later including the ever reliable Roger Ebert:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/.../41011001/1023

Incidentally, I saw this one as well years ago, BBC Barry Norman film 1978 / Superman The Movie Royal Premiere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDEux4R2eKE
(The VHS upload is of very bad quality)

Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #82
Spaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What are you trying to say?
Exactly what I said. There's no sense wrecking my brain over trivial matters. All of the marketing details consisting of all the things many seem to think are lacking now will be seen well before the movie is released. People will know about it and most will know it's different than previous iterations. Do you honestly believe that the marketing campaign will not display this?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #83
Spaz
Side-Kick

*Double post*

Last edited by Spaz; 03-05-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #84
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I won't believe a damn thing until the studio says so themselves...all these scoopers just want their 15 minutes of fame and half the time don't know their ass from a hole in the ground....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #85
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Ha. In 1978, most of us do not check out much less read critics review. A 1-minute teaser trailer with flying credit through cloud and a couple of promos in magazine like Starlog were all the info that we got before heading to the cinema. That said I remember reading some of the critics review years later including the ever reliable Roger Ebert:

Incidentally, I saw this one as well years ago, BBC Barry Norman film 1978 / Superman The Movie Royal Premiere:
I'm not sure your point.

I was just saying that if we are taking reviews into consideration for the film NOW, we should take in those reviews that were current -- not written through rose-colored glasses.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #86
Marvin
Side-Kick

Reading those Returns reviews, I now know which critics are and aren't on my list.
"best action film of the summer" good grief.

Also, I don't see how a bond film can reach a billion on relevance, hype, and word of mouth yet people think a good superman movie can't at least perform very well. Few films are coming off the stinker that Quantum was, not even Superman.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #87
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post

That's not altogether true. Critic's reviews were always published in the papers and they were on local television reviewing movies. What you didn't get a lot of was the teaser trailers, unless they were on TV or watching a movie.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #88
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That's not altogether true. Critic's reviews were always published in the papers and they were on local television reviewing movies. What you didn't get a lot of was the teaser trailers, unless they were on TV or watching a movie.
And a lot of bloggers posing as critics.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #89
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
There's not many things in this world more meaningless than a film's Rotten Tomato score.
Well, at the very least, the aggregate tabulation is useful for settling debates as to whether a film is a critical success or failure. Towards the upper end is success, towards the lower end is failure and the middle area means mixed.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #90
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It's going to be another long month isn't it?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #91
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
yup....I can feel it in my bones

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #92
mohoo
Side-Kick

Not worried about MoS marketing one bit, and I'll not be surprised if we got one of the most aggressive marketing campaigns.

And it doesn't have to start before mid-May.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #93
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
New poster series was just finalized. Was in the approval stage last week. If studio likes they should start showing up very soon. Very cool concept. Different from standard character posters we've seen before.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #94
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Hello
Hahahahahahaha

Old 03-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #95
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
New poster series was just finalized. Was in the approval stage last week. If studio likes they should start showing up very soon. Very cool concept. Different from standard character posters we've seen before.
You've seen unreleased posters coming up for the movie?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #96
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
As someone who has worked in marketing dept's and firms, i can tell you that this is a terrible idea. The last thing u want to do is turn this into some d***-measuring contest. IM3's marketing blitz is about to start and u don't really want to go toe to toe with RDJ and the post avengers hype train right about now. Let it slow down a little.
Ding, Ding, Ding!

Disney and WB are smart enough to know that competition isn't necessary when there's space for both Marvel and DC in the same summer. Why would WB and Disney go toe to toe?

Does Boxing do it against the UFC? Nope. They both try to steer clear of each other to benefit from the maximum. Why have a piece of the pie when you can potentially take majority of it?

Neither Disney and WB want to go head to head.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #97
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
yup....I can feel it in my bones
If anything, I definitely don't expect to be getting anything new from MOS this week due to the recent release of the second Iron Man 3 Trailer, which seems to be clicking well with many people as far as I've seen.

Where MOS's promotion goes from there, remains to be seen though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
Not worried about MoS marketing one bit, and I'll not be surprised if we got one of the most aggressive marketing campaigns.

And it doesn't have to start before mid-May.
I may not be a expert when it comes to Marketing, but I don't think it'd be a good idea for any film company to start dishing out their promotion campaign only a month before the film's release.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #98
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

It's cute that there are still people holding out for a trailer or posters in April. If something is released in April, fine but I'm not expecting another trailer until Iron Man. 3 weekend which is May something or other.

It's going to be a long two months. Again maybe WB's plan will work this one time. Never say never.

EDIT: I can't believe there are people who think that it is a good idea to wait until 2 weeks before a film is released before marketing it. To be fair only one poster said that but it's funny all the same.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-05-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #99
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
You've seen unreleased posters coming up for the movie?
Nope

Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #100
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

At this point, I should just figure out a way to recreate the remote control from Adam Sandler's "Click" film and just fast-forward to June already since the promotional momentum of this film has SO FAR been less than stellar.

MOS's promotion is like the fun uncle/relative that drops by unannounced once in a while and right when they make an impact on you, they take off and don't come back for long periods of time and only appear when you don't expect them to.lol

Closed Thread