The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #26
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: The Princess Leia Organa Solo / Carrie Fisher Thread

Yeah, It think it's just in overall health, it can help her continue live a long life..

And with Mark, I doesn't have to be buff or skinny (which is probably impossible) but just fit enough for a man his age. Something appropriate. I would think that a body type like Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy is good enough. Jeff looked strong, healthy and imposing when he wants to be without looking overweight.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #27
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I get the feeling they will take Leia in the direction that we've read in EU: she's more in the political arena, while Luke is more in the jedi path. If this is so, of course Mark has more pressure to be fit, depending of course on what his character will be doing. Whether Carrie was joking or not about the trainer, who knows. Disney could do that just to help her get in better shape in order to help her look her best, and not necessarily because she's gonna have to go all action Leia on us lol.
Even if Leia is a polititian in the new movies, I really hope they also follows up on her becoming a Jedi. You can't have all that build up in ROTJ just to drop it completely in the next movie. Besides it only took Luke 5 years to become a Jedi, and we're looking at a gap of 30+ years between ROTJ and Episode VII. Thats plenty of time for her to train. If Palpatine can pull double duty as a polititian and master force user then Leia can too!

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #28
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

While I don't disagree with your post, I have to say that her buildup in RotJ went nowhere, it was as throwaway as they come. They could've easily written something else to make Luke angry in the end (that was the only payoff to Leia being Force sensitive).

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #29
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Does anyone else want Leia's roe in the Sequel Trilogy to be similar to M's role in Skyfall? Ageing female protagonist heading up a large organisation (the Republic) with secrets and regrets which come back to haunt her. I think it's inevitable we'll see some elements of this, if Leia is a politician. Is that something you guys have thought of as well?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #30
titansupes
Side-Kick

^ I've never though about it in quite those terms (M in Skyfall) but yeah, that's about right. I don't think she'd be about regretting the past though. It should be all about the burden of her current responsibilities, and her hope for the future by making sure the New Republic/Galactic Alliance (what have you) and her children will be okay when she (at whatever point) steps down from her role.

And she shouldn't be a Jedi. I know a lot of time has passed since RotJ, but I don't think Leia would've ever had the temperament, or frankly the interest in being a Jedi. Plus, she'd be too busy fighting/dismantling the Empire and setting up/leading the new government. Though, I'd like if they made some sort of mention that she's force sensitive. She talks with her daughter about it maybe (when the girl wants to run off to join the Order). I pictured a scene like in TPM, when Gunray has Amidala and co in the office, and she pulls those guns from the desk. Imagine something like that, only Leia reveals she can do a little more than we thought... by force pulling one of the baddies blasters to her. So she learned a little (she's also the child of the Chosen One, after all), she just doesn't use it much for the reasons I've stated above.

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #31
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I rewatched ROTJ very recently, and Leia and the force is left as a dangling thread. Which was left to imagination. But now with these new movies they'll either ignore it or follow it up.

Quote:
Yoda: Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker.
[Yoda dies]
Quote:
Obi-Wan: You cannot escape your destiny. You must face Darth Vader again.
Luke: I can't kill my own father.
Obi-Wan: Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope.
Luke: Yoda spoke of another.
Obi-Wan: The other he spoke of is your twin sister.
Luke: But I have no sister.
Obi-Wan: Hmm. To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remained safely anonymous.
Luke: Leia! Leia is my sister.
Obi-Wan: Your insight serves you well. Bury your feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit, but they could be made to serve the Emperor.
Quote:
Luke: If I don't make it back, you're the only hope for the Alliance.
Princess Leia: Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I don't understand and could never have.
Luke: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.
Princess Leia: I know. Somehow, I've always known.
Quote:
Darth Vader: Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will...

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 11-02-2013 at 12:44 AM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #32
Loki882
Side-Kick

And them Vader gets his ass kicked, awesome moment.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #33
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
^ I've never though about it in quite those terms (M in Skyfall) but yeah, that's about right. I don't think she'd be about regretting the past though. It should be all about the burden of her current responsibilities, and her hope for the future by making sure the New Republic/Galactic Alliance (what have you) and her children will be okay when she (at whatever point) steps down from her role.

And she shouldn't be a Jedi. I know a lot of time has passed since RotJ, but I don't think Leia would've ever had the temperament, or frankly the interest in being a Jedi. Plus, she'd be too busy fighting/dismantling the Empire and setting up/leading the new government. Though, I'd like if they made some sort of mention that she's force sensitive. She talks with her daughter about it maybe (when the girl wants to run off to join the Order). I pictured a scene like in TPM, when Gunray has Amidala and co in the office, and she pulls those guns from the desk. Imagine something like that, only Leia reveals she can do a little more than we thought... by force pulling one of the baddies blasters to her. So she learned a little (she's also the child of the Chosen One, after all), she just doesn't use it much for the reasons I've stated above.
Well, we have no idea what's happened in the 30-year period between ROTJ and VII. In my own version of the story, Leia did some bad (open to interpretation) stuff which still haunts her. One example is she ordered for the Republic to colonize an Outer Rim planet to ensure greater control over the Galaxy, and later finds out that thousands of innocent people were killed because of it.

And we have pretty much the same stance on Leia and the Force. Maybe a quick example of some Force ability in the film, and a line like "Luke isn't the only Skywalker who can use magic, dear."

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #34
Amadeus Arkham
Side-Kick

So are they borrowing anything or acknowledging anything from the EU where Leia is a Jedi?

Amadeus Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
Octoberist
point blank

Nope. Nothing from the EU will not be used.

Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #36
Amadeus Arkham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Nope. Nothing from the EU will not be used.

Amadeus Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #37
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I rewatched ROTJ very recently, and Leia and the force is left as a dangling thread. Which was left to imagination. But now with these new movies they'll either ignore it or follow it up.
I'm up in the air about this. I think it could work either way. It just depends on how they go about it.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #38
krycek
Side-Kick

Keep in mind Leia as a politician is something the movies barely touched upon. The only time we ever saw "Leia the Politician" was the opening of the original. She's branded a traitor, her home planet is destroyed and the senate is disbanded. For the rest of the trilogy she was a rebel on the run from the Empire, love interest to Han and even a soldier on the frontlines of battle. Later she discovers her force heritage with Luke even telling her she will one day learn to use it like he has.

While it seems logical she would help rebuild the republic after the fall of the Empire, there was nothing in the films to imply her character would return exclusively to the political arena. There's always been much more to Leia than just that. I think ignoring the other aspects of her character such as her force heritage is a big diservice to her and runs the risk of Leia becoming nothing more than a generic clone of Padme Amidala (who unlike Leia in the movies was largely defined as a political character)

Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
Joshua_B
Banned User

What would you guys like Leia to look like in Episode VII? Bear in mind she's elderly now, so the metal bikini's off the roster. Personally, I love this fan art from a few years ago...

Last edited by Joshua_B; 12-10-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Joshua_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #40
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't follow up on the Leia as a Jedi thread from ROTJ.Apart from the implication that Luke would rebuild the Jedi order ("Pass on what you have learned") it's the only real set up that was in Jedi for sequels.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #41
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_B View Post
What would you guys like Leia to look like in Episode VII? Bear in mind she's elderly now, so the metal bikini's off the roster. Personally, I love this fan art from a few years ago...

I'm pretty sure thats from the cover of an official novel, not fan art.

Still I love the look of Leia in this picture. Hopefully she keeps the long hair and simple outfits in the Sequel Trilogy. I don't think she should look as overdone as Padme did in the prequels. And her pulling out a lightsaber would be epic!

Old 12-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #42
Joshua_B
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't follow up on the Leia as a Jedi thread from ROTJ.Apart from the implication that Luke would rebuild the Jedi order ("Pass on what you have learned") it's the only real set up that was in Jedi for sequels.
Yeah, its a shame they never made "Dark Empire" into any kind of film or animated story. I hated the idea of resurrecting the Emperor, but seeing Leia fight Luke to free him from the Dark Side (echoing Vader's redemption) would've kicked serious ass.

I really hope they honor at least some aspects of the EU, because throwing it all out would be a huge betrayal to the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
I'm pretty sure thats from the cover of an official novel, not fan art.
Sorry; I wasn't aware of that.

Quote:
Still I love the look of Leia in this picture. Hopefully she keeps the long hair and simple outfits in the Sequel Trilogy. I don't think she should look as overdone as Padme did in the prequels. And her pulling out a lightsaber would be epic!
Agreed.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #43
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

While I enjoyed Dark Empire, I always disliked the notion of Luke falling to the Dark Side. After RotJ and his journey in the OT, I have no interest in any writer taking Luke there. He resisted the Emperor while having daddy issues, I don't want any of that s**t after he's solved all those problems.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #44
Joshua_B
Banned User

Agreed; I just want to see Leia in a lightsaber fight, since she's just as much a Jedi as Luke.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #45
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I don't think I agree with the latter, at least if we're talking RotJ. Even in the EU, Leia abandoned her training (at least until the middle of the Vong war). Her pulling a lightsaber would be interesting, though, I agree with that.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #46
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

An interesting thing they could do is have Luke question to her why she's hasn't completed her training.(something Luke himself learned he needed between ESB and ROTJ. I think it's something that could ultimately lead to her death.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #47
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Well, Luke needed it because he went and faced a Sith Lord (less than) half-trained. If Leia goes down a similar path, Luke questioning her would make sense. Otherwise, Leia doesn't have to follow the Jedi path necessarily. I mean, it'd be great for character interaction, but her not becoming a Jedi wouldn't have to be fatal or anything.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #48
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I don't think I agree with the latter, at least if we're talking RotJ. Even in the EU, Leia abandoned her training (at least until the middle of the Vong war). Her pulling a lightsaber would be interesting, though, I agree with that.
She picked up her training again during the Dark Nest Crisis and was noted to be finally reaching her true potential with the force. In the Fate of the Jedi novel Omen one of the characters noted she was expected to soon rise to the rank of Jedi Master. I think the only reason Leia even abandoned her training was because of the EU having so many different authors with conflicting opinions about what role she should have post-ROTJ. Without a consistant vision she was constantly jumping from one to another with no real direction.

I'll be happy for Episode VII to just establish she's a mother, polititian and a fully trained Jedi without worrying too much about the details. 30-40 years is a long time. It isn't that hard to believe a Skywalker like her couldn't multi-task during all that time.

Anyway here's some more official Jedi Leia pics. This would be awesome to see on film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #49
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Well, yes, I haven't read anything post-Dark Nest, so up until then I don't consider her as much a Jedi as Luke.

And I do agree that she can be more than one things at the same time.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #50
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
She picked up her training again during the Dark Nest Crisis and was noted to be finally reaching her true potential with the force. In the Fate of the Jedi novel Omen one of the characters noted she was expected to soon rise to the rank of Jedi Master. I think the only reason Leia even abandoned her training was because of the EU having so many different authors with conflicting opinions about what role she should have post-ROTJ. Without a consistant vision she was constantly jumping from one to another with no real direction.

I'll be happy for Episode VII to just establish she's a mother, polititian and a fully trained Jedi without worrying too much about the details. 30-40 years is a long time. It isn't that hard to believe a Skywalker like her couldn't multi-task during all that time.

Anyway here's some more official Jedi Leia pics. This would be awesome to see on film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!: