Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #76
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
A sharing experience brought to you by Creator and Smegger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
*bearhugs GENERAL RAAM582*
*Super bear hugs and a twirl*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Webb isn't going to copy anything from SM3 just like the next guy isn't going to copy anything from ASM. They all know what poop is after it's come out.
And a cookie for chaseter.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #77
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Watched TASM for the second time. Still didn't like it.

Won't stop me from being hopeful about TASM 2 though.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #78
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post

This my friend is not allowed..
It's either or..

*sarcasm off*

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #79
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Geez I'll never understand why there is so much hate for Avi

He gave us two excellent Spider-man movies and a decent one,Yet people hate him for his involvement in SM3

For the record,he rejected the initial script for SM2 which had Black Cat,Vulture and another Villian and we got SM2 in its place,thats the thing with Scripts,Sometimes your instincts are right(SM2) and sometimes they go wrong(SM3)

And which producer has hundred percent record

I guess people will only be happy when Spidey goes back to Marvel and we start getting cookie cutter,dull movies like TIH and CapAm

Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #80
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

I think after this series come to an end, Spider-Man movies should lay low for a while
Maybe a decade or two

Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #81
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post

He gave us two excellent Spider-man movies and a decent one,Yet people hate him for his involvement in SM3

For the record,he rejected the initial script for SM2 which had Black Cat,Vulture and another Villian and we got SM2 in its place,thats the thing with Scripts,Sometimes your instincts are right(SM2) and sometimes they go wrong(SM3)

I guess people will only be happy when Spidey goes back to Marvel and we start getting cookie cutter,dull movies like TIH and CapAm
The only thing Avi did with SM3 was getting Sam Raimi to use Venom as opposed to Vulture.

Anything else is Sam Raimi's fault. Sam Raimi wrote it and he directed it.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #82
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
The only thing Avi did with SM3 was getting Sam Raimi to use Venom as opposed to Vulture.

And I can never thank him enough for killing Venom in his movie

Old 03-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #83
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post

wow you seem to be very positive,
just a question what you didnŽt like of the movie and what did you like?

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-IŽll be right there"
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #84
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
She could have been a cashier or work in a mall....in the fragrance or teens clothing department.
She works at a sandwich shop, and I don't know any sandwich shops that have waiter/waitesses so she probably is a cashier. The reason being its on the street where that car gets thrown, so it could be just a one scene thing that shows her reaction to the whole thing, then Spidey swoops down and takes her away from any danger. It's not like the MJ from SM1, who was a definite waitress at a dingy diner. This MJ appears to work behind the counter, only similarity is that they both worked at a food place, which I don't really think is anything worth complaining about, unless you want to complain because you enjoy it lol

Last edited by Joe_Kickass; 03-07-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #85
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Waitress and Cashier are two different occupations

Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #86
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Waitress and Cashier are two different occupations
Yeah, and this MJ appears to be a cashier. That place is a sandwich shop, and typically sandwich shops don't have waiters, considering it specializes in one thing and looks like a sleeker more modern Subway or something.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #87
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:

I believe it was also Arad that suggested Doc Ock be a young man who was infatuated with Mary Jane resulting in a love triangle between them and Peter.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #88
Creator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I think after this series come to an end, Spider-Man movies should lay low for a while
Maybe a decade or two
I'm not waiting a decade or two for my Spidey. Besides, Sony only has about a 5 year window to make another Spidey film or the movie rights revert back to Disney/Marvel. I hate Marvel Studio Films--and I will fight like a bionic ninja to stop that from happening.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #89
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:

Its a pity people dont understand this.He simply convinced the director to use Venom and he did

People make it see like he went 'Use Venom and do terrible bastardisation of the character and dont introduce him for more than 5 minutes,and also make Peter Parker emo,dancing brat and MJ a bihct'

Its like 80% Raimi's fault and 20% Arad's fault

People make him responsible for the deleted scenes of SM3 and TASM too when there is no prove whatsoever that he did it

Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #90
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
I believe it was also Arad that suggested Doc Ock be a young man who was infatuated with Mary Jane resulting in a love triangle between them and Peter.

When did this happen?

We are talking about his career as a producer

SM1,SM2,TASM.He got it right 3/4

How come he is a terrible director?

Should I blame Chris Nolan if MOS turns out be bad?

Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #91
Creator
Banned User

Quote:
Its a pity people dont understand this.He simply convinced the director to use Venom and he did

People make it see like he went 'Use Venom and do terrible bastardisation of the character and dont introduce him for more than 5 minutes,and also make Peter Parker emo,dancing brat and MJ a bihct'

People make him responsible for the deleted scenes of SM3 and TASM too when there is no prove whatsoever that he did it
Not really, because Avi Arad also had to convince Sony, adding Venom means MORE MONEY to the budget. Once you've got Sony on board with Arad, Sam Raimi has no choice, especially when the end game is...it'll make more money at the box office. As SM3 is Spider-Man's biggest film to date, regardless of it sucking ass.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #92
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

You act like it's just one tiny little thing that the studio forced Raimi to do. Raimi who already had a working story/script for SM3 was forced to go back and rework the ENTIRE thing to somehow fit/shoehorn the symbioate story/Venom into it. That's like working from the ground up.

Sam is responsible for the script/direction, but placing all the blame on him for everything else is foolish. I can't imagine having a story in mind and then, under great duress and being already behind the eight ball, being forced to go back and rework it under studio mandate. So don't act like it's some minor, menial thing.

Quote:

Michael Chabon had originally written a treatment (from which SM2 used much material from) which had Octavius as a younger man with Mary Jane and Peter in a sort of love triangle.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #93
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
That's incorrect. Michael Chabon wrote the story that way...he wanted a young Doc Ock and the love triangle with MJ. It was actually Arad that pushed for the version that we got in SM2...an older Doc with no triangle. He even says so in the SM2 special features..."I don't want a love triangle; not with our main villain; not like that..." We should be thanking Arad for what he did.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #94
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

I love that you state these figures like they're factual.

What's a pity is that people don't seem to understand what happens when a director with a great creative vision and track record is forced by the studio to rework his vision from the ground up by incorporating an element (the symbiote) into the script that wasn't originally there. If you've ever written fiction/a story/a script then you'd understand how difficult that would be, especially under massive time constraints.

Whatever people think about the dancing or whatever is not the problem, it's the clunky, slapped together, made by committee script.

Quote:
When did this happen?

We are talking about his career as a producer

SM1,SM2,TASM.He got it right 3/4

How come he is a terrible director?

Should I blame Chris Nolan if MOS turns out be bad?

TASM did NOT get it right. lol. Terrible, slapped together script.

I missed the part where Arad wrote and directed his own series of hit movies? Remind me about that part please.

Arad is like a parastic creature that latches on to a much stronger creature for survival. That's the only way his kind survive. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body. Just listen to him talk.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #95
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
That's incorrect. Michael Chabon wrote the story that way...he wanted a young Doc Ock and the love triangle with MJ. It was actually Arad that pushed for the version that we got in SM2...an older Doc with no triangle. He even says so in the SM2 special features..."I don't want a love triangle; not with our main villain; not like that..." We should be thanking Arad for what he did.

I'll bet anything that Raimi was the one that wanted the older Octavius. Arad is a revisionist bastard. he will say exactly what he thinks others want to hear and especially what makes him look best. He's a parasite, leeching off of others who do the heavy lifting as far as creative ideas go. It's hilarious that people think this guy deserves ANY kind of accolades.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #96
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

^ lol. Arad is the symbiote.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #97
WesMan
Banned User

This is The Amazing Spider-Man 2 board not the Sam Raimi trilogy board.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #98
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
I'll bet anything that Raimi was the one that wanted the older Octavius. Arad is a revisionist bastard. he will say exactly what he thinks others want to hear and especially what makes him look best. He's a parasite, leeching off of others who do the heavy lifting as far as creative ideas go. It's hilarious that people think this guy deserves ANY kind of accolades.
I was just going off what Arad has stated. Do you have proof that Raimi did or said otherwise? It's possible that Arad may be lying, however there's nothing that I know of to show differently. He said he was against the young Doc Ock...I believe him.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #99
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
^ lol. Arad is the symbiote.

That's why he pushed so hard for it. He identifies with it.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #100
WesMan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
I love that you state these figures like they're factual.

What's a pity is that people don't seem to understand what happens when a director with a great creative vision and track record is forced by the studio to rework his vision from the ground up by incorporating an element (the symbiote) into the script that wasn't originally there. If you've ever written fiction/a story/a script then you'd understand how difficult that would be, especially under massive time constraints.

Whatever people think about the dancing or whatever is not the problem, it's the clunky, slapped together, made by committee script.

TASM did NOT get it right. lol. Terrible, slapped together script.

I missed the part where Arad wrote and directed his own series of hit movies? Remind me about that part please.

Arad is like a parastic creature that latches on to a much stronger creature for survival. That's the only way his kind survive. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body. Just listen to him talk.
This is the least accurate statement regarding TASM that I've seen yet

Closed Thread