Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #626
thalidomide
The Enemy

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
IF THIS IS TRUE (<==big IF), then this is a super spoiler. Consider yourself warned.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Last chance...
This is what I got from Chewy, who I think got it from the boxoffice.com site: For a while now we've known that Mandarin's rings aren't alien, and don't have any powers. Black and Feige and co have described him as this ex-military guy who went a nuts along the way, is obsessed with Sun Tzu, and crafted the Mandarin persona. So the question we've all been asking is: If Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is the villain of the movie, and he doesn't have any powers, how do you stage a big third act with a bunch of suits of armor around that?

And the answer is apparent that he isn't, and you don't. Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian is the villain, was from the beginning. He uses the Mandarin as his mouthpiece/symbol/distraction, and Mandarin dies during the movie.

So that's the spoiler, and it makes sense with what we know - Killian funnels out the Extremis soldiers, and the third act will presumably be Tony and Rhodey and all those suits versus Killian and his soldiers in that warehouse. And you can have a third act that involves the big villain in the big fight, as Killian will presumably inject himself with it too.

Well that kinda sucks considering most us
wants the Mandarin to be the main villain. It's bad enough that his rings doesn't have any powers now this?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #627
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Guy said his role was cameo stuff really , we all knew that was a lie

Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #628
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Not surprised by those spoilers at all. I kinda guessed that after the 2nd trailer.
Can we not call that a "spoiler". It conflicts with other "spoilers" that have been posted in the past.

Also another "spoiler" that was posted on toonzone.net lol:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/enter...ml#post4095924

Richard Rider is supposedly in the movie somehow.

Honestly, I'm to the point not where I'm not believing any of this stuff until the movie is released. We've had several spoilers posted and they conflict directly with that post on boxoffice.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #629
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Regarding the Toonzone stuff maybe at one point all those 'cameos' would've been thrown around but that's way too many to have in a film. Half of them are connections we'd like to make but they most likely won't be.

I pray Richard Rider isn't in the film. He's great and I think he deserves his own film. He definitely shouldn't be shoehorned into GOTG. So far the only spoiler I've heard regarding other characters showing up that makes sense is Peter Quill.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #630
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Also regarding that new"spoiler", the rumors it conflicts with matches up with the time Marvel held that Iron Man 3 screening right before the Super Bowl, so I'm much more inclined to believe them than some guy randomly posting that now.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #631
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Also regarding that new"spoiler", the rumors it conflicts with matches up with the time Marvel held that Iron Man 3 screening right before the Super Bowl, so I'm much more inclined to believe them than some guy randomly posting that now.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #632
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

This was actually confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter when Kingsley was first cast:

Quote:
"Kingsley, however, will not be the primary villain, according to insiders, and it is not clear what role he will play."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...favreau-309693

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #633
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I'm not sure if you want me to explain it to you or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

This was actually confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter when Kingsley was first cast:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...favreau-309693
That doesn't confirm this rumor honestly, they didn't even know he was playing the Mandarin.

Also, concerning that Richard Rider rumor, some kid named Bridger Zadina is listed as playing a character named Richie in Iron Man 3. Short for Richard Rider?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2940293/

Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #634
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not sure if you want me to explain it to you or not.

I would like you to explain it actually

Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #635
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
That doesn't confirm this rumor honestly, they didn't even know he was playing the Mandarin.
Ben Kingsley is the mouthpiece. Guy Pearce is the brain. Im the muscle. - James Badge Dale

Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #636
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

First of all that's IMDB, secondly he meets a kid in the garage so couldn't that be Bridger Zadina?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #637
ctsketch
Side-Kick

IMDB is use updated...hell they keep changing Stephanie's role there all the time...for Janet to Bethany etc...

Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #638
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
First of all that's IMDB, secondly he meets a kid in the garage so couldn't that be Bridger Zadina?
we already know the garage kid is Ty "Harley"

Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #639
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
we already know the garage kid is Ty "Harley"
Fair enough, point still stands about IMDB though.

If it's Richard Rider it'd be my first complaint for a MS movie.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #640
thalidomide
The Enemy

JGL has a surprise cameo.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #641
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
I would like you to explain it actually
There was an Iron Man 3 screening right before the Super Bowl and spoilers were posted right during that time that conflict with this. One of them was poster directly on this forum.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=699
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...65&postcount=6

These spoilers conflict directly with Mandarin's rings not being powered as well as just not matching up logistically with Aldrich being the main villain.

Quote:
Ben Kingsley is the mouthpiece. Guy Pearce is the brain. Im the muscle. - James Badge Dale
That does not confirm that Aldrich is the brains of the entire operating. Of course Aldrich is brains in general, because he is the one who sold them the Extremis virus and handles most of the Mandarin's technical stuff.

Quote:
IMDB is use updated...hell they keep changing Stephanie's role there all the time...for Janet to Bethany etc...
Yes, I know that, I was just pointing it out.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #642
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

All I can say is that if Mandarin is not the Main Villian, I think I will be crushed. The Trailer puts it's emphasis on the Mandarin through it's voice overs and the fact that he seems to have a larger presence in the trailers, so I am really hoping this report / rumor is wrong. Everyone knows the Mandarin is Iron Man's nemesis in the comics and you don't turn a characters nemesis into a lackey for another villian that played a much smaller role in Iron Man's stories. Once again if true, I think I will be severely disappointed, so hoping it's not true.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #643
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
IF THIS IS TRUE (<==big IF), then this is a super spoiler. Consider yourself warned.

Last chance...
This is what I got from Chewy, who I think got it from the boxoffice.com site: For a while now we've known that Mandarin's rings aren't alien, and don't have any powers. Black and Feige and co have described him as this ex-military guy who went a nuts along the way, is obsessed with Sun Tzu, and crafted the Mandarin persona. So the question we've all been asking is: If Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is the villain of the movie, and he doesn't have any powers, how do you stage a big third act with a bunch of suits of armor around that?

And the answer is apparent that he isn't, and you don't. Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian is the villain, was from the beginning. He uses the Mandarin as his mouthpiece/symbol/distraction, and Mandarin dies during the movie.

So that's the spoiler, and it makes sense with what we know - Killian funnels out the Extremis soldiers, and the third act will presumably be Tony and Rhodey and all those suits versus Killian and his soldiers in that warehouse. And you can have a third act that involves the big villain in the big fight, as Killian will presumably inject himself with it too.
Based on what I know, I'd say this this is close to it but not the whole truth.

Because the info I have heard (and you guys probably know this if you read the large list of spoilers that leaked almost a month ago) says that....

The Mandarin does not die.

Killian is infact injected with the Extremis virus and is it is him and the other Extremis power guys (random extremis soldiers as well as firepower and coldblood) who fight Tony, and the other Extremis powered goons in the end.

The Mandarin's rings are NOT purely cosmetic. They ARE actually magic/technological hybrid. The rocks are of a cosmic/magical origin, and the rings themselves are a harness for the energies.

Tony does infact face Mandarin at the end with the extremis-less REVISITED ARMOR, which is a revised version of the Mark I.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 03-18-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #644
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Now that I'm rereading those spoilers that were posted last month, I have a very hard time believing that new one over them. They match up perfectly with everything we've learned about the film and match up perfectly with each other as well, on top of being posted in the same timeframe as that screening Marvel held.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm believing them over this new one.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #645
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was an Iron Man 3 screening right before the Super Bowl and spoilers were posted right during that time that conflict with this. One of them was poster directly on this forum.

These spoilers conflict directly with Mandarin's rings not being powered as well as just not matching up logistically with Aldrich being the main villain.

That does not confirm that Aldrich is the brains of the entire operating. Of course Aldrich is brains in general, because he is the one who sold them the Extremis virus and handles most of the Mandarin's technical stuff.

Some of the spoilers in that we already know to be untrue from the second trailer and from marvel's website....

Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #646
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'll say that I hope the previous rumors turn out to be true over this new one. Maaaan, I do NOT want what they're implying.

Seriously...
Can you imagine Joker or Lex Luthor or Loki being set up as a lackey in their first movies? They're the series' nemesis. I get that movies don't necessarily have to match up with the comics--and I'm totally fine with change--but this unnecessarily neuters a major villain for the purpose of a twist ending. Here's hoping it's BS.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #647
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now that I'm rereading those spoilers that were posted last month, I have a very hard time believing that new one over them. They match up perfectly with everything we've learned about the film and match up perfectly with each other as well, on top of being posted in the same timeframe as that screening Marvel held.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm believing them over this new one.

Ummmm after a just a quick glance over both those posts we already know at least 3 of them are untrue.... you are deluded dude, the new spoiler may not be true but some of those old ones are BS too

Old 03-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #648
Chewy
REDACTED

Can some of yall not alude directly to it without spoiler tags? Even if you're using an actor's quote to do it. I'm 100% positive that there are people who are reading this thread that won't want to know

Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #649
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Can some of yall not elude directly to it without spoiler tags? Even if you're using an actor's quote to do it. I'm 100% positive that there are people who are reading this thread that won't want to know

sorry about that, didn't know that interview quote would be regarded as spoiler

Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #650
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:

You can forget about that. The second trailer debunked all of this when it showed that the 40 armors were NOT all the same color scheme and essentially multiple versions of the Mark XLII.

Closed Thread