Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #151
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
In the tie-in comic book, which is considered canon, Natasha was the agent sent to Culver University to watch over Banner. She was there when he transformed and I believe she also made it to Harlem for his fight with Blonsky.
In the end of one of the tie in comics didn't Natasha speak to Leader/Sterns while he was incarcerated?
She even shot him.

I tried to find a link to that comic a while back. Blackwidow meets Sterns in between movies, after The Incredible Hulk.

If they end up using Sterns at some point there may be some references to the fact that only Blackwidow heard him talking about what he was talking about.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

However, he's still imprisoned right now, behind the scenes, and those tie in comics are all still canon.
So, I'd agree that if Extremis is a new technological re-creation/attempt at creating super soldiers that somehow Hydra is behind it, i.e. AIM is connected to Hydra in some way. Let's just say that Zola wants to put himself in a robot body. If he records his personality and puts it in there then it's only a simulation of a real person. What if Zemo and Zola are very interested in finding a way to transfer somebodies actual consciousness into a robot body... and AIM/Hydra can't achieve this yet....
What if Mandarin's mento-intensifier ring in the comics is represented here by him controlling Extremis soldier's minds and Killian didn't even know this was the plan. His mind is strong enough to fight it for a long time... But Mandarin wants soldiers he can control... Or program. Like a computer, to hijack their minds.... There's a slot in the mind that the nano-tech stuff/ Extremis can travel to through the spinal chord and hack into...

In CA winter soldier brain programming and brain washing could come back into play... Zola wants to actually have his consciousness uploaded into a robot, different from what happens with the Happy bot. Zola wants to live forever as a robot. To transfer consciousness takes an incredible amount of energy. They test this on Simon Williams while Winter Soldier and Crossbones are terrorizing Shield, and also produce beings similar to living laser. Zemo creates Wonderman as one of the living laser like beings, however he turns good at the same time Bucky regains his right mind and joins Shield... Williams was embezzling from AIM/Hydra. I think Josh Holloway from Lost is Wonderman/Williams... Who becomes a villain for Cap, Fury, Falcon and Widow at first alongside Bucky and Crossbones, starting off as an embezzler from his father's company before AIM/Hydra gets a hold of him for their latest experiments. His father's company has worked with Stark/AIM and he was embezzling from AIM. This pisses Zemo off because he's secretly been putting up a lot of the funds for AIM's secret projects since the end of the war. Zemo would be someone else.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 03-09-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #152
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

^ seems interesting and plausible, I'm all for Leader somehow being involved eventually, and Simon Williams/Living Laser coming into play. Works with the whole possible Ultron introduction in IM3 and advancing the MCU further. Zemo/Zola relationship will be cool to see if that's the route they're taking with Cap2 as well.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #153
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
^ seems interesting and plausible, I'm all for Leader somehow being involved eventually, and Simon Williams/Living Laser coming into play. Works with the whole possible Ultron introduction in IM3 and advancing the MCU further. Zemo/Zola relationship will be cool to see if that's the route they're taking with Cap2 as well.
That's what I've been hinting at for a while. But Leader takes a long time to become a villain, will never be a main villain, and could end up deceiving the world about his "wrongful imprisonment". I place Zemo and Zola as the ones secretly running AIM and trying to resurrect Hydra. They'd put pressure on the president and keep people from going after AIM or trusting Jarvis that AIM is bad (Tony still doesn't know the full extent, but Jarvis picks up some clues). I think a lot of things in the movies have only been altered slightly to be adapted. When they can, the guys in charge seem to be drawing heavily from what actually happens in the comics, while changing it up a little. So, we'd still see Zemo create Wonderman, and Wonderman's consciousness eventually uploaded into Vision. Not Coulson becoming Vision or anything like that.

So when Mandarin was touring the world digging for things in caves and studying weird sciences and martial arts, he became interested in archaeology, metallurgy and rare stones/energies in this version... Although it's more so backstory/subtext... When it's revealed that Extremis can actually tap into the Soldiers minds, we'll find out the rings are allowing Mandarin's mind to remote control human beings and hijack their minds... That's how far Mandarin's scheme goes... He can sit back at his palace and take part in that final battle with a wave of his hands and a power similar to his mento-intensifier rings in the comics.
I've never said they were magic.... I'm the guy who said in the MCU there is no magic, only science.

Science we/AIM and Mandarin don't completely understand yet, because they could be an ancient science and whoever combined those rare stones with the metal alloy has advanced knowledge of metallurgy. This is important because Mandarin believe the rings are more ancient than the symbols on them and hasn't figured out exactly how they work yet....
AIM has allowed him to tap into SOME of their powers technologically.

However, it is not magic. It's science. They're one and the same.
An incredibly advanced science that only utilizes the rare element and a number of other earth bound elements. Whoever, created the rings originally piques Mandarin's interest, but for now he doesn't completely understand the science behind them...

He uses tricks and deception, along with science and props to make his science tricks kind of work...

At the end of the movie he will appear to disappear. But this isn't magic.
It's him unlocking another one of the rings powers with science.
It just took him a lot longer to start unlocking the energies trapped within the rings, from ancient times.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #154
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'm gunna go all Loki D here and try and speculate how I see Phase 2 shaping up. I'll spoiler it all cause I might get lengthy, and I'm really bored right now haha. Notice: I have no sources and I am entirely speculating here.

edit: it got pretty lengthy, but please read it, I think it's pretty interesting and I'd love to speculate with you guys and spitball different ideas. Let's have some fun!!

So we know IM3 in introducing Extermis which we can pretty safely assume is a recreation of the Super Solid Serum, this ties in together smoothly in the MCU w/ Red Skull/Blonsky being failed attempts and Cap being the only real one. It could also possibly tie in with Bucky Barnes/Winter Solider getting the Infinity Formula which could be another variation of the Serum (not sure what the Infinity Formula really is though)

Lets also assume that an early A.I. version of Ultron is in play, possibly something like (U.L.T.R.O.N.) on a computer screen as a defensive system or computer system that AIM has gotten a hold of in order to combat with Tony's J.A.R.V.I.S. system. We can assume this was created by Pym either in the present day timeline of event of Phase 1 or early Phase 2 (possibly in the year between Avengers and IM3).. I still don't think they're going to be adapting the Past/Present storyline of Ant-Man thats been specualted at however many years ago, keeping it more grounded in the present MCU makes more sense to me.

So from the start of Phase 2 in IM3 we can possibly see a future route of Ultron in play (in some small capacity, maybe setting up a long run story line for Avengers3 and to drum up some noise for Ant-Man, which is probably going to be Marvel's biggest chance movie along with GotG.) And on the topic of Guardians of the Galaxy, if reports of Tony getting an S.O.S. from deep space and wanting to investigate are true, that's also being set up in this movie as well. Both are very smart moves by Marvel in my opinion because those are the two movies they are probably most concerned about so setting them up in some capacity in Iron Man 3 (which the most people are going to see) is a really good move I think.

Moving onto Thor I'm not really sure how or what they are going to put in there to connect with Avengers 2, possible GotG S.O.S. of some sort to Thor or Odin could make some sense to me (also since I've read Thor and Tony are called to the aid of the Guardians, probably after they face their movies threat ie. Thanos I would guess.) I like the Maleketh/Kurse storyline theyre doing, and from the set pics we've seen where Jane is holding that strange device it could possibly play into some sort of storyline that leads us in a general direction (I don't even know to speculate how or what it would be though).

Onto Cap2 I'm going to run w/ what LokiD just alluded to with the revelation that Zola and Zemo with a re-created HYDRA are really the ones being present day AIM (HYDRA reincarnated) This completes full circle ties with IM3 storyline of Extremis that let's say Zola had a hand in creating the virus while also creating the Infinity Formula used for Bucky, and other side projects turning Simon Williams into the Living Laser. (Not too harsh of a stretch considering he's had decades of time since Cap1 ended to work on all these projects) They are also working with this new AI system (early Ultron prototype) to try and esentially do what Tony did with the H.A.P.P.y armor transferring a persons brainwaves to a sentient armor. So with what Loki said, over the course of this movie Simon Williams turns good and now we have his brain patterns with Starks knowledge of how to transfer brainwaves inching closer to a full fledged Ultron system.

Now I think, and really hope won't we see a robot Ultron until Ant-Man where Pym working with Starks notes and his own knowledge creates Ultron after the events of Avengers 2 in order to prevent another catastrophe like this from happening again.

On to Guardians of the Galaxy, we'll get an orgin story of sorts introducing Starlord and his background (possibly he knows people already in our current MCU) along with the rest of the gang. Now I don't know much about the GotG comics, but I assume they and Nova will be facing off agianst Thanos and ultimately lose to where they retreat and reground and send out the SOS that reaches Stark and Thor who investigate with them. They tell Tony and Thor that Thanos is heading their way and they need to prepare.

So Avengers 2 we have Thanos coming to attack in the imminent future, and I'm going to also assume that the Master of Evil are going to pop up in some form in this movie too. So lets say one big mastermind of the baddies we've seen so far groups this team together, (maybe Leader which could be the direct reason Hulk gets back involved with the team, or someone else like The Other [doubtful] or Red Skull or even Loki [Hope not] pull this team together) So now with the knowledge that Thanos is coming the Avengers are faced with the Masters of Evil problem as well. So lets say act 1 we see both teams coming together, Avengers get a few new members and MoE are forming as well. Lets take 1 villain from each persons movies. (Mandy, Zemo, Maleketh, Blonsky, with a main boss calling the shots (Leader, Red Skull). Act 2 comes around and each character takes out their villain one by one, and as the battles are coming to an end Thanos arrives act 3.. they give it everything they've got and put up a minimal fight effort and then when all is lost back up comes in the form of GotG and Nova and the tables then turn and Thanos is defeated. (now I know that is a stretch for this movie and you've got to put some dialog story crap in there somewhere but I would enjoy the hell out of this film haha.)

Throw in other AIM/HYDRA related storylines over the course of the films since I think they will play a big role in this Phase and I think we've got a pretty cool Phase 2.

So after Thanos is defeated or forced to back out from being overpowered or whatever, we start off Phase 3 with Ant-Man who then creates Ultron as some sort of major defense alert system that at the end of Ant-Man turns on him. Not going to specualte past that since we don't even know what movies to expect.

So if you stayed with me here, how do you guys feel about that. where could we add or subtract. What storylines could be put in play in place of those that I suggested. Lets get a fun discussion going.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #155
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
and for that laugh and lauding it over people like me that have to wait for 5/3, may the brute/Hulkbuster armor that is your avatar have a close encounter with your car!
I love you too.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #156
thalidomide
The Enemy

46 days!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #157
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
46 days!
47 for me.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #158
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
DO u guys think Marvel will do what they did with Avengers and have free fan screenings in select cities a few weeks before IM3 opens? I got one for Avengers and it was the best cinema experience i ever had.
Yes. I own a business in St. Louis, and last year before Avengers came out they contacted me to give away a bunch of free tickets and other swag. Same thing happened this year!!! Haven't received our free stuff yet, but when I do i'll post pics and info. If anyone lives in STL hit me up!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #159
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

If they keep all that up by the time we get to the end of Phase 3 it'll take literally all day to watch all the MCU films leading up to whatever is the latest film released. Or do they just plan to do the direct sequels?

Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #160
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #161
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

sooo much waiting

Old 03-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #162
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I'm intrigued by that first one... The new design of War Machine in the original WM colours... Not the Iron Patriot colours...

Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #163
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

cannot wait to see IM and WM fighting together again

Old 03-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #164
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Found possibly the dumbest YT comment of all-time on IGN's upload of the new trailer.

Quote:
webDes33: great another halo rip off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-p8IBYAecSs

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #165
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Found possibly the dumbest YT comment of all-time on IGN's upload of the new trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-p8IBYAecSs

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #166
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Great list (with STRONG PROFANITY) narrowing down the stupidest YT comments regarding the trailer: http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/feature/...-3-trailer.php

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #167
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

From that list: "First up: didn't his ironman heart turn into a triangle? that's not exactly something easy to screw up. it was practically the main focus of the entirety of the last movie.."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #168
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
"Dis lok so gay, I wod radder wach my littol poni." - TheGuyThatPlays1

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #169
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

WAS THAT THE JUGGERNUAT AT THE END OF THE VID?!?!?!- tubakorgphone

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #170
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"kristen stewart should be a bond girl"- JasonMCLOVINBourne

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #171
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Oh man, the newest trailer looks phenomenal.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #172
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
It HAS to be on purpose. Even a blind, armless gorilla writes better than that.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #173
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Most Youtube comments are absolutely horrible and the dregs of society.

- CM Punk
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #174
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Most Youtube comments are absolutely horrible and the dregs of society.
This.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #175
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
They should make a second captain America, where they introduce him to the 21st century and **** lol that would be great
Wow, can't believe Marvel never thought of that one.

Closed Thread