The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 6

[QUOTE=FeedOnATreeFrog;25350567]What if the first thing Clark does when he dons the suit and flies into the sky/outer space is to listen to the Earth to see where he's needed the most.

He hears the commotion at Gotham when Bruce is flying the bomb out to sea, and fasting than a speeding bullet, he swoops down to save Bats.

I like that and the end of the movie we see Clark seating across Bruce at a Diner in Metropolis with Bruce saying "Aren't you quite the Boy Scout first saving Batman then saving Metropolis"

Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Quote:
What if the first thing Clark does when he dons the suit and flies into the sky/outer space is to listen to the Earth to see where he's needed the most?

He hears the commotion at Gotham when Bruce is flying the bomb out to sea, and fasting than a speeding bullet, he swoops down to save Bats.
I like that and the end of the movie we see Clark seating across Bruce at a Diner in Metropolis with Bruce saying "Aren't you quite the Boy Scout first saving Batman then saving Metropolis"
The thing is that the city was held under siege for several months. Even the U.S. military was told to stand down. Why didn't Superman act sooner (unless he didn't come out until the end)? That would be the question most avid Batman and Superman fans would be asking. If they write that in to the story they will have to answer that.

Last edited by dnno1; 03-08-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #28
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
The thing is that the city was held under siege for several months. Even the U.S. military was told to stand down. Why didn't Superman act sooner (unless he didn't come out until the end)?
Like, I asked once then I've asked a million times how in the "HELL" did Bruce get back into Gotham?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #29
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
The thing is that the city was held under siege for several months. Even the U.S. military was told to stand down. Why didn't Superman act sooner (unless he didn't come out until the end)?
maybe because he hadn't become Superman yet. Clark didn't spend his childhood saving people. Other than the incident with the bus, we can assume that Clark is told by his father to keep his powers a secret; I'm assuming that it's Jor-El's message that changes his mind.

Perhaps the first thing he does when he comes out of the fortress, deciding to finally use his powers to help others, is fly into space and listen, and immediately swoop in to save Bats.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #30
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Like, I asked once then I've asked a million times how in the "HELL" did Bruce get back into Gotham?
First of all, he's Bruce Wayne. He could have bought his way back into the city. Second of all, he is Batman. I am sure he has set up secret passage ways all over Gotham City.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #31
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Considering one of the first things he said when arriving in the city was "I can give you a way out of the city" to Selina, and then later telling her that she can escape through the tunnel, why would that not be an option for Bruce getting in?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Considering one of the first things he said when arriving in the city was "I can give you a way out of the city" to Selina, and then later telling her that she can escape through the tunnel, why would that not be an option for Bruce getting in?
If you say so!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #33
GreenKToo
In the fire

I had no problem seeing Bruce/Batman able to get back into Gotham because he is, well, the GOD DA&M Batman afterall.
( I always wanted to say that )

Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
That's one scenario, but if you followed it literally, he was in the Bat until it was over the ocean. When he started out on the suicide mission, there was about 1:53 left before the explosion. He spent more a third of that time saying his goodbyes and maneuvering the Bat out of the city to the shore (remember, he exploded a building just to clear a path. That would have left him with 1:00 or less to eject. Even the fastest helicopter (which is pretty much what we could assume the Bat was) can only go just under 300 mph so at 1:00 he still would have been within the blast radius (6 miles) if he ditched before the explosion. My only conclusion is that he died or was somehow rescued by somebody very fast.
The last time we see face of Batman inside the Bat, he is flying over the city as the light on his face alternates between the sunlight and shadows (cast by buildings), after that we just see Bat flying over the sea, so Bruce might have ejected out over the Gotham city itself.

The Bat was much more than a helicopter, when it is going over the sea, you can clearly see that it fires on its turbo jet engines, I assume that it reaches mach 1, speed so that it can move to a distance of more than six miles from Gotham city within a minute.

Quote:
There are many ways he could have gotten in, one like the marines got in by a supply truck, other way could be using under ground tunnels under Wayne manor, that Alfred mentioned were used in the past, other could be using some disguise or ninja methods, is it really difficult for Batman ?

Just make TDK trilogy as the first movie of the shared Universe.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
georgec
Not a hero

I guess my feeling is that the ending of TDKR doesn't need to be retconned in a future JL movie. The ending, while ambiguous in when Bruce ejected, stand up on its own. The point is he didn't blow up with the bomb.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #36
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Hello.

Received some interesting information tonight related to Warner Bros/DC.

~~Not much of a surprise, but Ryan Reynolds contract has indeed expired. At the moment not involved in anything related to Justice League or future Green Lantern flicks. Similar to what happened with Routh.

~~You can consider WB's press release for Interstellar a response to the crazy amount of rumors about Nolan and Justice League. Don't be surprised if he is listed as a producer on MOS 2 in pretty much a "name only" capacity, but Interstellar is going to keep him busy. A lot to do in the year and a half leading up to the film's release.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #37
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Hello.

~~Not much of a surprise, but Ryan Reynolds contract has indeed expired. At the moment not involved in anything related to Justice League or future Green Lantern flicks. Similar to what happened with Routh.

~~You can consider WB's press release for Interstellar a response to the crazy amount of rumors about Nolan and Justice League. Don't be surprised if he is listed as a producer on MOS 2 in pretty much a "name only" capacity, but Interstellar is going to keep him busy. A lot to do in the year and a half leading up to the film's release.
Just keep in mind that as a producer you can be involved with multiple projects at once.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #38
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Just keep in mind that as a producer you can be involved with multiple projects at once.
Right, but there are many levels of producers and they serve many different roles. For instance, Jon Peters is a producer on Man Of Steel and he was a producer on Returns. There is a difference between that, something in the middle, and being in charge of the entire DC universe.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #39
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
I feel like it's almost a certainty that they'll use John Stewart in JL. Both for distance from the GL movie and because otherwise the Justice League is all white people and possibly a Martian.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #40
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Hello.

They could still use Hal Jordan with a different actor and use Cyborg to get more diversity in the team.

The problem with using John Stewart for GL is showing his origins and all the Oa, Guardians, training and space stuff again, which would take up much of time and money from JL movie.

Cyborg is easier as his origins is tech based, like Iron Man.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #41
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
The problem with using John Stewart for GL is showing his origins and all the Oa, Guardians, training and space stuff again, which would take up much of time and money from JL movie.
They're going to have to do at least some of this again anyway.

And shoehorning Cyborg in there, along with the rest of the JL isn't going to work imo. This flick's already going to be crammed full, and that's without having introduced everyone previously.

Supes and Bats you can assume everyone with basic sensory awareness is familiar with. Everyone else will need some exposition that will eat into your big 'save the world' spectacle. Plus you have to bring them all together in the first place.

- Ryōkan

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 03-08-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #42
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Origins of Hal Jordan as Green lantern has been coverd already, just make the GL movie loosely connected to JL movie.

Showing origins of John Stewart means reintroducing the planet Oa, the various GL Corps, his team members like Sinestro, training on Oa add to this showing origins of other JL -members like Wonder Woman her back story on Paradise Island, origins of Flash.

Origin of Cyborg is fairly straightforward, and he can be done in much less time.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #43
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I feel like it's almost a certainty that they'll use John Stewart in JL. Both for distance from the GL movie and because otherwise the Justice League is all white people and possibly a Martian.
I always thought that would be the case, but it is also possible they don't even use a version of Green Lantern at all do the to lack of success with the previous solo installment.

At one point in the development of JLM, they weren't going to show Bruce Wayne and just the character of Batman. Sure not exactly the same scenario, but the point still stands.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #44
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
They could still use Hal Jordan with a different actor and use Cyborg to get more diversity in the team.

Cyborg is easier as his origins is tech based, like Iron Man.
If telling a Justice League story, I'm not sure WB would worry all that much about the origin of John Stewart...if Green Lantern was included.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #45
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Through the tunnel from Asia to the United States.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #46
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Supes and Bats you can assume everyone with basic sensory awareness is familiar with. Everyone else will need some exposition that will eat into your big 'save the world' spectacle. Plus you have to bring them all together in the first place.
Exactly, If you have a JL superhero whose origins have been shown already and general audience have a good idea about him, valuable time and money can be saved, that is why including Hal Jordan as GL makes sense, why go that origin route again, when it has been done in past.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #47
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

General audiences know the origin?.....I thought nobody saw Green Lantern?

Justice League will need the same amount of sneaky origin-recap/powers-explanation as The Avengers did.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #48
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

You think the studio is going to spend 20 minutes on each hero's origin? They will most likely show glimpses throughout he film.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #49
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Origins of Hal Jordan as Green lantern has been coverd already, just make the GL movie loosely connected to JL movie.

Showing origins of John Stewart means reintroducing the planet Oa, the various GL Corps, his team members like Sinestro, training on Oa add to this showing origins of other JL -members like Wonder Woman her back story on Paradise Island, origins of Flash.

Origin of Cyborg is fairly straightforward, and he can be done in much less time.
I don't think the assumption that everyone has seen and is familiar with your terrible bomb of a Green Lantern movie is a very sound strategy.

Also I would put forth that sticking a b-list character like Cyborg into your tentpole would be rather silly and a huge waste of resources.

- Ryōkan

Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #50
shauner111
Side-Kick

There's no need to "show" the origins of the next Green Lantern. Whether that's Hal or John.

Closed Thread