Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #101
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think for a Justice League film, yes, a Bat-"God" might make more sense.

However, in a Batman/Superman movie (which is what this Bale/Nolan thing is heavily rumored to be) I think you want to play up Bruce's humanity as much as possible. I would want there to be that stark contrast between the two. The pinnacle of human will power against all odds, juxtaposed with a god with basically unlimited power. Everything that Bruce worked and trained his entire life for, Clark was born with. I want to see a MAN mixing it up with a god, not a Bat-God and a god. To me that's where the potential of the story lies.
I seriously doubt there will be a "bat-god" like character in this film. Batman has no powers and he makes up for it with brains and toys.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #102
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Quality over quantity is exactly why they should have a rebooted Batman for JL. Even if you were to argue that Nolan's Batman can be used in JL, I don't think anyone would argue that he is the best version of Batman you can use for JL. Why not have a new Batman that is the Bat-God detective to begin with instead of trying to come up with ways on how to bring the physically damaged and not-exactly-the-most-tactical 40 year old Batman out of retirement? Whether you guys want to admit it or not, a new version of Batman would give JL a lot more potential from a story and critical point of view and we know this from the comics.

It doesn't matter how long it takes to get a Batman reboot off the ground and do it justice. WB should take their time with that instead of using a Batman version that is clearly not the best version of Batman to use for JL. And once again, can you probably come up with some BS way to fit Nolan's Batman in? Probably you can. But is it the best choice for JL? No. If WB really cares about putting full effort into their movies and making the best movie possible, they would postpone JL and release a rebooted Batman first with the rebooted Batman then appearing in JL. But no, they want to release a JL movie in the next few years just to capitalize off the current Avengers hype.
This is the reason why I think using Bale would be better for the storyline and not so much a predictable JL comic adaptation......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
However, in a Batman/Superman movie (which is what this Bale/Nolan thing is heavily rumored to be) I think you want to play up Bruce's humanity as much as possible. I would want there to be that stark contrast between the two. The pinnacle of human will power against all odds, juxtaposed with a god with basically unlimited power. Everything that Bruce worked and trained his entire life for, Clark was born with. I want to see a MAN mixing it up with a god, not a Bat-God and a god. To me that's where the potential of the story lies.
THIS is the reason right here.

(This is more towards Shikamaru) They may write Bale in a way where it doesn't seem connected to the trilogy and it's like he's playing a different Batman all together. If that's the case then we don't have to have this discussion. But if it's all tied together, i'd rather see Bale evolve as a character even more. He's through with the pain in Gotham and needing Batman but the world needs him. He'll have access to the tools which will be written that way, but the point would be so Bruce can show how god-like & immortal he is to the world and Gotham. A man in his 40's who is just a man deep down and Superman is almost the complete opposite.

Batman is perceived as a God, but he is NOT a God...he is only a man. And that's why batman is so appealing. I want that Batman in Justice League to work with the younger super-powered beings. And that Batman is Bale.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #103
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I seriously doubt there will be a "bat-god" like character in this film. Batman has no powers and he makes up for it with brains and toys.
Your words were never truer.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #104
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Batman can be like how we pretty much always see him in animated form these days.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #105
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Batman can be like how we pretty much always see him in animated form these days.
Agreed.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And if they use JGL for a Batman Beyond type character.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So I'm sure in live action it'll look like this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #106
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Agreed.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And if they use JGL for a Batman Beyond type character.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So I'm sure in live action it'll look like this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I've never seen that live-action version of it. Now, I hope we see a scene like that on film.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #107
Marvin
Side-Kick

batman vs owl man...never seen that before.
definitely a step up from the drunken boxing of the nolan era.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #108
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
batman vs owl man...never seen that before.
definitely a step up from the drunken boxing of the nolan era.
He had a little help taking him down here...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Probably would've called Nolanbat, but he'd be kinda useless.

"

Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #109
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
The thing is that the city was held under siege for several months. Even the U.S. military was told to stand down. Why didn't Superman act sooner (unless he didn't come out until the end)? That would be the question most avid Batman and Superman fans would be asking. If they write that in to the story they will have to answer that.

Agreed. They will need to work on the timeline a bit. Plenty of solutions are available though when it comes to that. Just have to brainstormed, thought/ mapped out and then executed.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #110
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
This is the reason why I think using Bale would be better for the storyline and not so much a predictable JL comic adaptation......

THIS is the reason right here.

(This is more towards Shikamaru) They may write Bale in a way where it doesn't seem connected to the trilogy and it's like he's playing a different Batman all together. If that's the case then we don't have to have this discussion. But if it's all tied together, i'd rather see Bale evolve as a character even more. He's through with the pain in Gotham and needing Batman but the world needs him. He'll have access to the tools which will be written that way, but the point would be so Bruce can show how god-like & immortal he is to the world and Gotham. A man in his 40's who is just a man deep down and Superman is almost the complete opposite.

Batman is perceived as a God, but he is NOT a God...he is only a man. And that's why batman is so appealing. I want that Batman in Justice League to work with the younger super-powered beings. And that Batman is Bale.

Good points. Bale's Batman character would be evolving from TDK Trilogy.

We would also probably get to see more hi tech bat toys and of course a Snyder designed Bat Suit.

I think if they have Supes save Batman at the end of TKDR, then can they show or explain how Bruce (though retired) has been preparing for these alien super beings like Superman and Zod and trying to figure out where they come from and the possible weaknesses.

Perhaps Clark/Superman saving Batmen at the end of TDKR could have been one of Clarks first rescues when he was an adult?

Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #111
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eradicator View Post
I think that one World's Finest film, followed by two Justice League films, would be the ideal way to go.

That's what I would like to see as well.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #112
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Just keep in mind that as a producer you can be involved with multiple projects at once.

Sure can....especially in different capacities. Being involved more in some projects than others if at all.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #113
shauner111
Side-Kick

About the Snyder bat-suit...hell yeah! But I just listened to the new podcast on Jett's site, check it out. They brought up a good point. If they set it after TDK trilogy, Bruce would be "dead" to the public and that would never change...Bruce can go underground as the Batman and that would be his role. Nothing at all would have to step on the trilogy whatsoever.

These are guys who HATED the idea when they first heard it, and now they're thinking of a way to do it. Like some of us here, me included, they think it's simple for Superman to approach Bruce and get him back in because the WORLD needs him. Blake could either die, be incapacitated for a while or simply protects Gotham while the real Bats protects the planet with his friends.

They also think a Worlds Finest should be the priority before a full blown JL.

And last, we can end up seeing a Hathaway Catwoman prequel or a Nightwing.

I happen to agree with everything they said on the podcast.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #114
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
You think the studio is going to spend 20 minutes on each hero's origin? They will most likely show glimpses throughout he film.

Kinda like LOTR style flashbacks with a voice over.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #115
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
About the Snyder bat-suit...hell yeah! But I just listened to the new podcast on Jett's site, check it out. They brought up a good point. If they set it after TDK trilogy, Bruce would be "dead" to the public and that would never change...Bruce can go underground as the Batman and that would be his role. Nothing at all would have to step on the trilogy whatsoever.

These are guys who HATED the idea when they first heard it, and now they're thinking of a way to do it. Like some of us here, me included, they think it's simple for Superman to approach Bruce and get him back in because the WORLD needs him. Blake could either die, be incapacitated for a while or simply protects Gotham while the real Bats protects the planet with his friends.

I don't think the real Batman fans and the general audience would like that. I'm sure they want to see Batman in action and not in the shadows. An inactive Batman in the Justice League also doesn't help future Batman films.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #116
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

Yeah, these guys hated the idea because they had no idea how Nolan and company would be able to attack it, because they were worried about the "artisitic integrity" of TDK Trilogy?

They needed to get over that real quick.

I will give the podcast a listen, but it seems plenty of story options are abound if Nolan, Snyder and Goyer use TDK Trilogy and MOS as foundations for a developing a shared DC film Universe.

Last edited by Dark Knight; 03-09-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #117
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

some people have just have no imagination

Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #118
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, these guys hated the idea because they had no idea how Nolan and company would be able to attack it, because they were worried about the "artisitic integrity" of TDK Trilogy?

They needed to get over that real quick.

I will give the podcast a listen, but it seems plenty of story options are abound if Nolan, Snyder and Goyer use TDK Trilogy and MOS has foundations for a developing a shared DC film Universe.
Yeah, they need to get over it. Nolan's Batman trilogy is preserved on video now and if they want to cherish it in that state, they should buy the boxed set. I Snyder is involved in the Justice League project expect to see Batman in this sort of action (just imagine Batman and Wonder Woman in place of the two characters in the clip):

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #119
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
I don't think the real Batman fans and the general audience would like that. I'm sure they want to see Batman in action and not in the shadows. An inactive Batman in the Justice League also doesn't help future Batman films.

Or Bale will be Batman doing most of the ground work that the JL needs and I wouldn't be surprised to see JGL's Blake involved also taking care of detective ground work also in Gotham or Metropolis figuring out what Lex Luthor maybe involved with hmm? While the superpowered JL members, handle the otherworldly enemies or robotic enemies?

I'm certain Lex Luthor will be involved in a Worlds Finest or in the JL film(s) in some capacity.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #120
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not sure I know what you mean. What im saying is, Batman is in action (Bale) but Bruce is underground at all times. People still don't see Bruce Wayne in the public, there are no announcements in Gotham that Bruce Wayne is back in town and alive. If Bruce has to go back to Gotham for something or to the cave, he does it in secret. To the world...Bruce is dead, Batman is dead, Bane is dead, Joker is locked up, Harvey is dead, blah blah. But Bruce is in fact alive but his name is changed from the clean-slate and he's in hiding. Batman comes into action outside of Gotham and we see a lot of it with Superman, and that is when the planet believes Batman is a god. On the level of Superman, etc as other-wordly. Even if it's not true.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #121
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not sure I know what you mean. What im saying is, Batman is in action (Bale) but Bruce is underground at all times. People still don't see Bruce Wayne in the public, there are no announcements in Gotham that Bruce Wayne is back in town and alive. If Bruce has to go back to Gotham for something or to the cave, he does it in secret. To the world...Bruce is dead, Batman is dead, Bane is dead, Joker is locked up, Harvey is dead, blah blah. But Bruce is in fact alive but his name is changed from the clean-slate and he's in hiding. Batman comes into action outside of Gotham and we see a lot of it with Superman, and that is when the planet believes Batman is a god. On the level of Superman, etc as other-wordly. Even if it's not true.
All Batman, all the time. I see what you mean. You usually don't see Batman as Bruce Wayne in the Justice League, although is money is certainly there. The thing is that if you are going to cast someone like Christian Bale, you are going to want to see his face some of the time in the picture. That's the least you could do for an Oscar winning actor.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #122
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
All Batman, all the time. I see what you mean. You usually don't see Batman as Bruce Wayne in the Justice League, although is money is certainly there. The thing is that if you are going to cast someone like Christian Bale, you are going to want to see his face some of the time in the picture. That's the least you could do for an Oscar winning actor.
You'll see plenty of Bruce Wayne in the movie, im talking about within the story, the people of Gotham and the world won't see his face. We'll probably see him at the start with Selina or whoever in Europe. He'll have his private scenes with Clark and the rest. And if for some reason he has to get back to Gotham briefly, only Alfred, Fox or Blake would see him (Of course those are cameos that could be cool but not necessary). But he'll be underground and very careful at all times.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #123
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I've seen a lot people say that Batman is supposed to 'stay dead' in the eyes of the public for Batman's sacrifice to mean anything.

I disagree.

The way I saw the movie, Bruce doesn't want Batman to stay 'dead'.

It's very much a Christ like symbol.

Batman rescued the cops, showed that he was the hero, saved the city, etc. He gave his 'life' for the city.

When the city finds out that the Batman survived the nuclear blast (that no man could have survived), it will only strengthen the symbol, the everlasting godly image.

He 'died' for their sins, (and on the third day), he rises again (as Blake).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-09-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #124
shauner111
Side-Kick

Absolutely. But Bruce can still be Batman, it depends what the story calls for.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #125
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Absolutely. But Bruce can still be Batman, it depends what the story calls for.
totally

But for Bruce's own personal journey, I say keep Bruce out of Gotham. Make Blake the Batman of Gotham, and Bruce the Batman who sets up (and perhaps continues with) the league.

I only want Bruce to go back to Gotham much later (perhaps the 2nd solo Batman film) solely for Alfred's funeral, where he perhaps takes up the mentor role in the cave (especially given that Bruce Wayne isn't supposed to be seen).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-09-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Closed Thread