The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #226
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

I hope Luke's beard isn't completely grey like that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #227
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yea, I'd love to see the Warcraft trailer and of course the JL trailer as well as an Ant-Man teaser. Fantastic Four will likely have TA2 trailer playing in front of it, since it is slated for March.

Also, some other expected trailers should be The Inside Out and Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Those movies have that Disney link just like Episode 7 will.
Oh, it's in March? My mistake. Though I wouldn't expect a JL trailer but I'm one of those on the site not expecting a JL movie in 2015. 2016 at the earliest if they can even get it moving before 2020. It'd be nice though, I just have little faith in a JL film at this point in time. But I'll still be there opening night.

Oh, yeah, totally forgot about those two.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #228
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
And I know even Giakian will agree with me on this (though we don't agree on much) the films matter most, video games/TV-series ect come afterwards. The movies are the main focus and always should be. And with these films it seems they've brought their A-Games with a great group of talent.
We agree on most non-SW and OT-related stuff, so .

But yes, I'm totally with you on this one. I'm really sad for TCW, but movies >>>> the rest. I also agree that Lucasarts has sucked for quite some time now.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #229
Octoberist
point blank

Default Ford 1

Call it a change of heart: Two interviews with Ford on Star Wars.

Article 1: Ford on Star Wars, Blade Runner, and more..

Quote:
Harrison Ford is experiencing a unique phase in his career. The actor, who turned 70 last year and whose new movie, "42," comes out next month, has found himself in high demand to star in three different sequels.

Essentially everyone in this galaxy has heard that Disney and Lucasfilm intend to bring back Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher for a new "Star Wars" trilogy. Indiana Jones found new life in 2008 with "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," and talk of further films is never far from the movie rumor mongers. Most surprisingly, Ridley Scott, having returned to sci-fi with "Prometheus," wants to continue the story of "Blade Runner."

When MTV News spoke with Ford at the press junket for "42," he said that any one of those properties could draw him back, as long as the ambitions were lofty.

"It might be nice, depending on the circumstances, to revisit any one of those characters. What interests me now is the opportunity to work at all and to work in ambitious projects. I can't think that way," Ford said. "What I'm looking for is the next opportunity, the next ambitious opportunity. It doesn't matter if it's one of those. If it's one of those, great. If it's not, that's fine too."

But if Ford is to throw on Han Solo's black vest back for another go as the galactic smuggler, where does this put his relationship with George Lucas? In the past, Ford had publically mocked Lucas' ability to write convincing dialogue, but the actor now insists that those words should stay in the past.

"I might have said things in the past that were characterizations of how I felt at the time," he said. "That was then. This is now. It doesn't matter."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...na-jones.jhtml

Last edited by Octoberist; 03-27-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #230
Octoberist
point blank

Default Ford 2

Article 2

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Harrison Ford isn't ready — "yet" — to talk about his reported part in Disney's planned "Star Wars" sequel, but he praises its director, J.J. Abrams.

"I think he's fantastic," Ford said in a recent interview. "I did his first movie, 'Regarding Henry,' with Mike Nichols. A wonderful talent. Extraordinary guy."

The 70-year-old actor — who came to fame playing Han Solo in the "Star Wars" trilogy — is shrugging off questions about that character while promoting his role as Brooklyn Dodgers president Branch Rickey in the upcoming Jackie Robinson film "42."

Asked how he feels generally that the "Star Wars" sequel and Disney spinoffs are in the works, Ford responded: "I don't feel anything at the moment yet."

In an article published earlier this month, "Star Wars" creator George Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek that Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher had been in negotiations to return to the franchise even before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney last fall.

Was Ford surprised by that announcement? He makes the universal zipping-my-lips sign. Asked what it will take to get him to commit to play Han Solo again, Ford said, "Um, I don't even want to discuss that. It's great. Ain't it great?"

It's been over two decades since Abrams wrote the "Regarding Henry" screenplay. Have the two chatted recently?

"About what?" Ford asked, smirking and taking a slow sip from a cup.

That sly devil..
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/harrison-...dtVgJTV0mCs.99

Last edited by Octoberist; 03-27-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #231
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Oh Harrison. Don't ever change lol. He's the man.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #232
Viral
Side-Kick

Ian McDiarmid talks Star Wars.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/03...-possible.html

Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #233
Raiden
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
^^^I think all the major blockbusters will be clamoring to get trailers before Avengers 2. Imagine the possibility of having the new Star Wars trailer, the Fantastic Four trailer and a Warcraft trailer then The Avengers 2 and most likely an Ant-Man teaser (like Thor's hammer at the end of IM2) at the end. That'd be amazing.
Since Disney owns Marvel, I'm sure they'll get the first dip when it comes to trailers. Hard to believe that Avengers 2 and the new Star Wars are only 2 years away.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #234
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I wouldnt mind a Palpatine solo movie, tbh. I just love Ian and what he did with Palps/Sids

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #235
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

In regards to trailers i think its safe to assume the episode 7 will be attached to the avengers, however if disney is serious about getting their spinoffs out in between the episodes then the first spinoff trailer should be in late 2015. What will it be attached too? Episode 7?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #236
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
In regards to trailers i think its safe to assume the episode 7 will be attached to the avengers, however if disney is serious about getting their spinoffs out in between the episodes then the first spinoff trailer should be in late 2015. What will it be attached too? Episode 7?
Nah, I don't think Disney plans to release the spinoffs in between the episodes. It'll be episodes 7,8 and 9 first. The spinoffs come later.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #237
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nah, I don't think Disney plans to release the spinoffs in between the episodes. It'll be episodes 7,8 and 9 first. The spinoffs come later.
Perhaps, but i thought i read a article where Iger said their goal was to release 2-3 spin offs in between the 3 years of episodes 7 8 and 9

Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #238
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Perhaps, but i thought i read a article where Iger said their goal was to release 2-3 spin offs in between the 3 years of episodes 7 8 and 9

Nope. Pretty sure that's not what he said.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #239
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

No Iger did say they wanted to do some of the spin off's in between the Episodes as well. but I kinda doubt that will happen right away honestly. I think it will be after VIII at least. But too early to tell.

However, no they did say they were trying to fit the spin-off's in between.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #240
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nope. Pretty sure that's not what he said.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100434935

According to this they are releasing everything within 6 years starting in 2015 with episode 7...

Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #241
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100434935

According to this they are releasing everything within 6 years starting in 2015 with episode 7...
You're welcome to wait and see. However, I'm telling you they won't release the spinoffs in between movies. It will most likely be 2 years in between 7, 8, and 9. There's your 6 years. After that, then the spinoffs will begin.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. If I do turn out to be wrong, then I apologize for doubting you.

Edit: But he did say they plan to get some spinoffs out during that time period as well in the vid. You just might be onto something, but I don't see the spinoffs happening until after the main 3 episodes.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 03-29-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #242
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're welcome to wait and see. However, I'm telling you they won't release the spinoffs in between movies. It will most likely be 2 years in between 7, 8, and 9. There's your 6 years. After that, then the spinoffs will begin.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. If I do turn out to be wrong, then I apologize for doubting you.

Edit: But he did say they plan to get some spinoffs out during that time period as well in the vid. You just might be onto something, but I don't see the spinoffs happening until after the main 3 episodes.
It depends on how fast they get pieces in place. But back to my original point, if they are to do as it says in that video, then to me it makes the most sense for a trailer to run with episode 7 assuming episode 7 is in the 4th quarter, Iger says that they are shooting for a summer release in 2015, and i dont think that is reasonable with the given blockbusters. If it's not with episode 7, then avatar 2 in december would be a good possibility.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #243
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Default Re: Ford 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Article 2

[/B]

That sly devil..
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/harrison-...dtVgJTV0mCs.99
"I don't feel anything yet."

Ford is one funny man. Taking awkward sips of his cup and all.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."
Old 03-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #244
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:

Agreed. It would be over-saturation (what killed the Star Trek brand for a while). VII, VIII and IX for 2015, 2017 and 2019, respectively then the spinoffs sounds logical enough an a better business sense if they want the franchise to continue longer than 5 years.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #245
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Maybe they'll make the new movie more PC so that it doesn't result in evil, evil toys like the last ones:

Quote:
Lego backs down over Jabba Palace
Toy giants Lego have agreed to remove a Star Wars play set after furious Turkish community leaders said it was racist and anti-Muslim.
The Jabba the Hutt set is supposed to show the movie-villain in his intergalactic lair surrounded by his henchmen and prisoners.
But angry Turkish community leaders in Austria say they have forced Lego to scrap toy by after a campaign declaring the set "sacrilege" and "racist."
The row first erupted in January, after a Muslim dad complained when a relative bought one of the toys for his son as a Christmas present.
Now Birol Kilic - president of the Turkish Cultural Association of Austria - claims that Lego has climbed down over the row.
A press release from the association states: "We are very grateful and congratulate Lego on the decision from 2014 to take the Lego Star Wars product Jabba's Palace out of production and no longer to have it on sale."
It says the decision followed crisis talks in Germany between Turkish leaders and Lego executives brand manager Katharina Sutch, head designer Marta Tantos and media head Katharina Sass.
Lego has confirmed they will be taking the product off the market from next year according to Austrian media.
Turkish cultural leaders had claimed that Jabba's palace had been modelled closely on a real life Muslim Hagia Sophia mosque in Istanbul.
They said Asian and oriental figures included in the set had been portrayed as "deceitful" and criminal" characters like slave masters, gun runners and terrorists.
Angry critics also claimed that depicting guns and weapons inside a building that was "clearly" based on a mosque was an "act of sacrilege."
The slug-like Jabba himself - seen puffing on a traditional water pipe - was shown as a "terrorist" who "likes to smoke hookah and have his victims killed", said cultural leaders.
Melissa Gunes - general secretary of the Turkish cultural association - said : "In this Lego set Jabba is portrayed as the bad man.
"He also smokes an oriental water pipe, and keeps a princess as a belly dancer in chains. That is the sort of thing that does not belong in a child's bedroom."
And a picture of the Satanic-horned baddie Darth Maul on the packaging was described as "shocking."

http://austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2013-03-31/47713/Lego_backs_down_over_Jabba_Palace_

Old 03-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #246
James
Built from Lego

Wow. That is really disappointing.

EDIT: I'm totally going to go and buy this set now.

Last edited by James; 03-31-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #247
Octoberist
point blank

Where has Turkey been for the past 35 years?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #248
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:

I think the time in between episodes is the perfect time to launch spin off movies. I don't see the issue honestly.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #249
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Ever seen Turkish Star Wars...

....I rest my case.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #250
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is true that Jabba and his palace are inspired by Middle Eastern people, just like the Empire is inspired by the Nazis (especially the uniforms), and Vader's helmet looks Japanese.

It opens a can of worms. Middle Eastern people could also feel insulted by Warhammer's chaos dwarfs (who have an oriental theme) and Mongolian people by Warhammer's Hobgoblins. Stargate could offend Egyptians. And every Viking movie that shows Norse people as stereotypically drunk and violent could offend Scandinavians.

Iran feels insulted by "300" - the movie is forbidden there.

If we rob all our movies, books, comics and games from these fascinating cultural influences - what will be left of our popular culture?

Closed Thread