The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #376
Fives
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

I'm not sure how much I should believe that story, but I think it sounds really good, so I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be true. The characters, and the story set up all is very interesting. The Shade has got to be Luke. If it turns out to be true, that would be a completely different direction of taking him in than I would have thought, and would be very interesting to learn about what happened to Luke since ROTJ. Man, it sounds pretty good to me if it turns out to be true.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #377
Solidus
The Force Awakens

After reading that again the Shade is clearly Luke. Because it says that other guy founded the new Jedi Order, no mention of Luke doing it. The Shade is clearly Luke. He attacks both sides but does not harm anyone, and heals/takes care of everyone it seems. Ya, it's Luke.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #378
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

I dunno about that story. I guess we'll see for sure, but t seems...well it just doesn't feel right to me.

Edit: You know, I dunno the exact possibilities of crossbreeding in the SW galaxy, but anyone thinking that Sky Bonteri character would be Asohka's child with...Lux I think his name was. They hinted a lot that there might be something between them, but obviously we won't get our answer there. So if this is legit, might be someone giving us our answer to Asohka's fate.

H.E.

Last edited by TheDreamMaster; 04-14-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #379
Solidus
The Force Awakens

What does not "feel right?"

Old 04-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #380
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
After reading that again the Shade is clearly Luke. Because it says that other guy founded the new Jedi Order, no mention of Luke doing it. The Shade is clearly Luke. He attacks both sides but does not harm anyone, and heals/takes care of everyone it seems. Ya, it's Luke.
Actually, it never says that other guy creates the new JEdi Order, just that he starts a monastery. But that happens before the original trilogy. So Luke could still have created his own school and helped in bringing back the jedi after the empire.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #381
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Actually, it never says that other guy creates the new JEdi Order, just that he starts a monastery. But that happens before the original trilogy. So Luke could still have created his own school and helped in bringing back the jedi after the empire.
Yes but then it says very few come back and do it. And that may have happened. but to me it's clear The Shade is Luke. They would have mentioned Luke along side Leia in the character roster most likely. Especially if this deals with the Jedi order and him re-building it.

I think unlike the EU they are going a different route with Luke which to me sounds mysterious and interesting.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #382
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
What does not "feel right?"
Eh I dunno. Guess I'm just not convinced it is real yet, and it might not be used. I'm also not used to the fact that anything beyond RotJ EU -wise is essentially gone yet.

H.E.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #383
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Eh I dunno. Guess I'm just not convinced it is real yet, and it might not be used. I'm also not used to the fact that anything beyond RotJ EU -wise is essentially gone yet.
Ya I understand the hesitation. But honnestly Luke being kind of a crazy type person, and some of the other stuff does honnestly to me sound a little more interesting then some of the EU stuff set up. I think it sounds great.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #384
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Ya I understand the hesitation. But honnestly Luke being kind of a crazy type person, and some of the other stuff does honnestly to me sound a little more interesting then some of the EU stuff set up. I think it sounds great.
Actually, the new Luke idea sounds great. Its more so the EU only characters I'll miss. And also I'm just hesitant on any info like this until we get a more credible source. The fact a few well known sites are picking it up is good, just good ol' skepticism at work.

H.E.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #385
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The Shade is SO Luke. And I gotta say, having managed to accept that my EU collection post-RotJ is now unimportant, this is a very interesting character progression for him.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #386
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Avatar 2 won't make 2015, I'll bet that. And they won't go against Episode VII, I think 2015 will happen. And it will probably be December.
I don't see more then a year delay with Avatar (which was originally scheduled for 2014). It sounds like they are getting close to filming.. perhaps by the end of the year. I originally agreed with your december claim, but i think disney will continue to honor the may release dates.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #387
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The Shade is SO Luke. And I gotta say, having managed to accept that my EU collection post-RotJ is now unimportant, this is a very interesting character progression for him.
Nah I'm still doubting Shade=Luke, in what scenario would Luke ever lead the Imperials against the Rebellion/Republic he championed(apart from the reborn Palpatine saga)?

Just because The Shade lives like a hermit(while it is paying homage to Obi-Wan, I doubt he was the only Jedi hermit in existence), wears black and acts mysterious(anybody can wear black and act mysterious). "Defends the weak and feeds the poor", Star Wars is a universe full of heroes, it can be anyone, not only a Skywalker that is one of the better qualities of that galaxy and why Star Wars pwns Star Trek. Anybody could own an Astromech droid companion, R2-D2 is not the only Astromech in the galaxy.

How about the possibility that this character is an ORIGINAL CHARACTER?! There is ALWAYS room for new heroic badass jedi in the galaxy whose last name doesn't end with Skywalker. I mean look at Revan, Galen Marek, Meetra Surik, The Jedi Knight from TOR, Satale/Bastilla Shan I could go on and on.

This could be a new character for us to fanboy/fangirl over because he or she(gender was not mentioned people!!) embodies what our perception of the Jedi Knights were like before TPM.

Maybe you are all tricked into believing it's Luke when it's someone else? Use your heads, try to think outside the box.

If you do the math, it takes place 15 years after the ROTJ. ROTJ takes place in 4 ABY, making Reclamation take place in 19 ABY. The plot in Reclamation describes a peace treaty going down between Imperial and the New Republic. According to Wookiepedia, in 19 ABY a peace treaty depicting the end of The Galactic Civil War was signed http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/19_ABY. What if this is it and was just a first iteration of it??

So maybe EU might not totally be scrapped then.

Maybe Luke's not in this because he's getting married to Mara Jade people!

If I had to pick established chatacters I'd go with Kyle Katarn or Starkiller

Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #388
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Did you read that the Shade "does not kill anyone" from either side. And you keep picking established EU charcters.....it sounds like most of them will be "erased" I am using my head, it clearly is Luke lol. Other wise they would have mentioned him in more of the Jedi stuff.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #389
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I agree. Very intriguing.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #390
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I really hope something from the EU makes it's way into the new series or movies. Especially Kyle Katarn, if they disregard the whole "Valley of the JEdi" business, don't think that's possible to work in.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #391
Bim
Side-Kick

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but sounds interesting. Something that intrigues me is this bit about Leia: "... as well as her attempts to ward off other scandalous indiscretions from her past". What could those be? hmm.

The Shade sounds like Luke though. It could be interesting to see him go down that shadowy, hidden route vs what we read in EU that he did. I've never been a Mara fan as some of you know by now lol, so this possibility definitely appeals to me.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #392
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but sounds interesting. Something that intrigues me is this bit about Leia: "... as well as her attempts to ward off other scandalous indiscretions from her past". What could those be? hmm.
She cheated on Han.

With the Wookie.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #393
Solidus
The Force Awakens

LOL. I do wonder if her and Han (if any of this is true of course) may not have "married" kind of thing. It would be actually really cool if they did that. Because then we can have a grumpy smart a** Han Solo still lol. It may even add more to his ways.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #394
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
She cheated on Han.

With the Wookie.
Maybe Han acted on his threats in ESB and arranged it. Then it backfired on him

One thing's for sure: if Leia and Han didnt get married and Luke is a shadow, that turns EU upside down lol. Personally i'm not as attached to it, but i know some will soon start complaining about it.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #395
titansupes
Side-Kick

Han and Leia should definitely be married. Luke being a wandering, shadowy, do gooder nomad is interesting as hell.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #396
Solidus
The Force Awakens

I dunno about "definitely". Han's character is that of a rouge ect. I'm not against it, but this would be more in key with his awesome part of his character from ESB/ANH. And it may be a cool sub plot to as why they "broke up" Maybe they were married and divorced ect. To me sometimes the marriages of certain characters like Mara, and even Han ect, sometimes read like big time fan fiction/fantasy of just what people want to see rather what may be interesting character arcs ect.

But we shall see.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #397
regwec
Shakespearo

Whenever I read "EU", I think of the European Union.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #398
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

If they are fully rejecting the EU, Han and Leia should not be married.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #399
regwec
Shakespearo

I don't think that, in choosing not to follow its narrative, JJ is prohibited from having anything happen in his movies that also happened in the EU. That would exclude an awful lot of obvious scenarios. In any case, the OT establishes that Han and Leia are going to end up together. It is hardly an innovation of the EU.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #400
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

I don't think it is JJ's choice, when it gets down to it. Aren't they using Lucas' original outlines for VII, VIII, and IX?

H.E.
Closed Thread