Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #401
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't think it is JJ's choice, when it gets down to it. Aren't they using Lucas' original outlines for VII, VIII, and IX?
They claimed that they are using it as a guide, but Iger did say it will come down to them and their decision on what they want to do with it. But I think JJ will have some involvement with Michael's script. From how hard they tried to get JJ I think they are going to let him have some creative control for sure.

However to regwec yes it implied that Han and Leia would get married, and very possibly they did, and maybe something happened, an incident ect. But who knows.

But I agree that the EU if followed would really limit what they could do, that and some of the EU ideas were terrible. And though some were great, it would just limit them too much to have to follow it. I'm actually for them pretty much clearing the EU out and starting fresh. That and Lucas always said the films trump all. Really most of the EU was authorized fan fiction.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #402
Destructus86
Side-Kick

It's safe to say the Shade is Luke.

I hope this premise is really. Sounds like a fantastic show!

Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #403
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Yeah, I'm all for doing away with the EU. I only wish the prequel films were loose canon so we could do away with them too.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #404
Bim
Side-Kick

^ha! No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't think it is JJ's choice, when it gets down to it. Aren't they using Lucas' original outlines for VII, VIII, and IX?
Maybe JJ's involved in some way in the current process, who knows. While they're based on Lucas' outlines, they could change some things depending on where they want to take the franchise.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #405
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Did you read that the Shade "does not kill anyone" from either side. And you keep picking established EU charcters.....it sounds like most of them will be "erased" I am using my head, it clearly is Luke lol. Other wise they would have mentioned him in more of the Jedi stuff.
I'm sure Luke isn't the only one who acts this way. There are other noble and legendary Jedi in the galaxy who "does not kill".

A lot would've happened in the 15 years since ROTJ. There is a possibility that SOMEONE NEW came along and established himself or herself. Honestly, am I the only one here that wants to see new characters created and inserted into a galaxy of already established heroes?

These are just drafts, no different to the stuff that's going to be material in those Dark Horse comics "The Star Wars"

There's still not enough information to prove it's Luke.

If it were Luke, the only way it could really be Luke is if he takes a temporary sabbatical from leading the New Jedi Order like he's supposed to and became this "Shade" because the force told him to or that he got cold feet from marrying Mara Jade :P.

Last edited by smallville fan; 04-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #406
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Ya....most seem to see that it's Luke, but this argument is going no where. There is always possibility. And that whole list is of NEW CHARACTERS. But I'd say there is enough info to show it's Luke...much more then it not being him.

But ya you can think that, but a lot of us disagree. It seems pretty clear to many that it is Luke. (that is of course if any of this is true)

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #407
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I like the EU.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #408
Marvolo
Side-Kick

The Shade has to be Luke. He is clad in black and has an astromech. My mind goes to Luke. Its either the force ghost of anikan (Shade means ghost but this is probably highly unlikely) or it is Luke.

This whole Star Wars Reclamation storyline sound freaking awesome!

Old 04-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #409
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I like the EU.
Some of it is great, a lot of it is meh, and some of it is terrible. The thing of it is said before we don't want JJ or even (George who did the outlines) to be bogged down by tons of really authorized fan fiction. Lucas has always stated where the EU stood in terms of cannon. I know it does suck, but that does not take away the good stuff in all reality. I mean The Dark Knight Returns one of my favorite graphic novels is no longer Cannon in the DC lore, and hasn't been for a long long time. But that does not take away my love of it.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #410
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
The Shade has to be Luke. He is clad in black and has an astromech. My mind goes to Luke. Its either the force ghost of anikan (Shade means ghost but this is probably highly unlikely) or it is Luke.

This whole Star Wars Reclamation storyline sound freaking awesome!
Anybody can be clad in black and have an astromech companion

Old 04-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #411
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Ah, I say fake. I do think the new cartoon will be set sometime after ROTJ and attempt to bridge the gap between Jedi & Episode VII. And I can see maybe Filoni trying to get a "Sky Bonteri" in there. But, a lot of that does sound fanfic.

And come on, not listing Luke in there? The Shade is clearly Luke, if this does prove true.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #412
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Ah, I say fake. I do think the new cartoon will be set sometime after ROTJ and attempt to bridge the gap between Jedi & Episode VII
A continuation of The Force Unleashed in animated form. If they are not willing to do a The Force Unleashed 3

Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #413
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Ah, I say fake. I do think the new cartoon will be set sometime after ROTJ and attempt to bridge the gap between Jedi & Episode VII. And I can see maybe Filoni trying to get a "Sky Bonteri" in there. But, a lot of that does sound fanfic.

And come on, not listing Luke in there? The Shade is clearly Luke, if this does prove true.
yeah I agree, it seems too good to be true and it does seem a bit fan fic-ish even though the timelines do match. If you do the math, Reclamation takes place in 19 ABY and if you go on wookiepedia you do find that there were indeed peace treaties signed between republic and empire in this time period.

Even if it was Luke(I'm very much doubting it as there's not much to go with), it would be pretty cool if we got a totally new character who is the shade. It would be pretty sick if dew his hood back and it was Galen Marek/Starkiller or even Ahsoka.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #414
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Just because The Shade lives like a hermit(while it is paying homage to Obi-Wan, I doubt he was the only Jedi hermit in existence), wears black and acts mysterious(anybody can wear black and act mysterious). "Defends the weak and feeds the poor", Star Wars is a universe full of heroes, it can be anyone, not only a Skywalker that is one of the better qualities of that galaxy and why Star Wars pwns Star Trek. Anybody could own an Astromech droid companion, R2-D2 is not the only Astromech in the galaxy.
Too many "anybody" in this paragraph for the Shade=Luke theory to not be a strong possibility, imo.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 04-16-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #415
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but sounds interesting. Something that intrigues me is this bit about Leia: "... as well as her attempts to ward off other scandalous indiscretions from her past". What could those be? hmm.
The fact that her dad was Vader, I'm betting.

There was a great arc in the Republic and Empire comics where Anakin left the planet Jabiim during a battle and left people to die (he had no choice, he was ordered). And then, after many years, Luke ended up there, fighting the Empire. As soon as the residents heard what his surname was, they really tried to have a go at him.

Stuff like that would be more than welcome to me.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #416
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...sode-vii/50847

Granted this comes from IMDb, but Bleeding Cool (who are always reliable) picked it up too and it sounds pretty authentic.

What do you guys think?
Don't believe it what so ever. For something like this, shouldn't it be watermarked, even if it were a treatment? It's not just a treatment for any cartoon - it's Star Wars.

Plus Disney is MERCIFULNESS when it comes to leaked pics and info; look at how the photo of Captain America's new outfit was yanked within hours by Disney. They wouldn't leave something like this out for this long, nor did any legit sites reported this.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #417
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The fact that her dad was Vader, I'm betting.
It's not that, because it already says she has some things on her mind, and the first thing is the fragile cover-up of her relation to Anakin Skywalker. Then they add what i copied. Interesting... also, she's unpopular due to her welcoming of the jedi, which means if this thing is true, they still remain as outsiders and arent exactly welcomed by everyone.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #418
Solidus
Kylo Ren

You are probably right Octoberist but I dunno some of it sounds pretty cool and a little bit above fan fiction. But you are probably right. A lot of stuff of Marvel Studos still leaks. So I dunno.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #419
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Some of it is great, a lot of it is meh, and some of it is terrible. The thing of it is said before we don't want JJ or even (George who did the outlines) to be bogged down by tons of really authorized fan fiction. Lucas has always stated where the EU stood in terms of cannon. I know it does suck, but that does not take away the good stuff in all reality. I mean The Dark Knight Returns one of my favorite graphic novels is no longer Cannon in the DC lore, and hasn't been for a long long time. But that does not take away my love of it.
It annoys me because for so long the books comics, and comics were the official continuations outside the movies with no retconning or end in sight. But now it looks like the era of Del Ray and Dark Horse Star Wars may come to an end. I love the Dark Stories stories, some of my most looked forward to comics right now. I just don't want to see years of work just overriden and erased(I don't mind certain things being changed though like Chewie's death). In the case of TDKR it was never really considered canon in the first place I thought? Just an acclaimed Batman story.

In the end, I'm still excited about the new movies but I also don't want to see the EU suffer. Surely Disney sees profit in Dark Horse and Del Rey over the lack of profit seen in Lucasarts?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #420
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
It annoys me because for so long the books comics, and comics were the official continuations outside the movies with no retconning or end in sight. But now it looks like the era of Del Ray and Dark Horse Star Wars may come to an end. I love the Dark Stories stories, some of my most looked forward to comics right now. I just don't want to see years of work just overriden and erased(I don't mind certain things being changed though like Chewie's death). In the case of TDKR it was never really considered canon in the first place I thought? Just an acclaimed Batman story.

In the end, I'm still excited about the new movies but I also don't want to see the EU suffer. Surely Disney sees profit in Dark Horse and Del Rey over the lack of profit seen in Lucasarts?
I'm pretty sure TDKR was quickly taken away from cannon but not right away. But the point still stands. And the EU was said many many times by Lucas that it is not "primary cannon" there were levels of it, and the films always trumped them. There were many things "and small things" in the EU that were over-ridden when the PT was created. It has happened before, so it will always happen.

That does not mean they will stop production of them. But again Star Wars is FILM first. Everything else second. I don't want them to make a patchy story to fit around some really mediocre EU stuff just to keep in line. Best to just re-start it (mainly post ROTJ it seems). But the old stuff will always be there and make money so it's not like it will disappear. I will enjoy the Thrawn trilogy it not being cannon does not take away it's greatness.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 AM   #421
Octoberist
point blank

Like what I said before, the EU got too big. It became this imploding vacuum.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #422
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

One more reason to love Patton Oswalt:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

edit: no idea why that didnt work. heres the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=5BBhNkywMJY#!

keep in mind that he improvised this entire pitch!

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 04-17-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #423
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
I'm pretty sure TDKR was quickly taken away from cannon but not right away. But the point still stands. And the EU was said many many times by Lucas that it is not "primary cannon" there were levels of it, and the films always trumped them. There were many things "and small things" in the EU that were over-ridden when the PT was created. It has happened before, so it will always happen.

That does not mean they will stop production of them. But again Star Wars is FILM first. Everything else second. I don't want them to make a patchy story to fit around some really mediocre EU stuff just to keep in line. Best to just re-start it (mainly post ROTJ it seems). But the old stuff will always be there and make money so it's not like it will disappear. I will enjoy the Thrawn trilogy it not being cannon does not take away it's greatness.
Well try telling that to the many writers who wrote stuff and are still writing new stuff about the post-ROTJ era material(I think) like Timothy Zahn, it would be pretty insulting to learn that your own work no longer matters in the grand scheme of things.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #424
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Well try telling that to the many writers who wrote stuff and are still writing new stuff about the post-ROTJ era material(I think) like Timothy Zahn, it would be pretty insulting to learn that your own work no longer matters in the grand scheme of things.
No. They had the honor of getting to play in the sandbox. And to most people their books did not matter. That and Zahn is fine with it.....he is writing more for Disney apparently now. Some don't freak out about cannon as much as the majority of people do. It's insulting that so much of the EU became over blown with mediocre to poor ideas. (while yes there was some amazing ones). Lucas was the one that wrote the outline for this, so he was wanting the EU to be erased. These people will have their books still sold. But it's the name of the game. But again does The Dark Knight Returns....not matter anymore because it's not cannon? Nope. It is considered one of the best pieces of Batman works out there. Cannon or not people's art if well done will always stand up.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #425
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
One more reason to love Patton Oswalt:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

edit: no idea why that didnt work.
Fixed. To embed a Youtube video don't post the whole link between the tags. Only post the video code after the "v=" in the url.

And yes, that video is funny.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Closed Thread