Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #476
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Check this out guys

Looks like Ford won't do Episode VII unless Chewie is not there lol.

The guy in the Leia costume had me in stitches.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #477
Destructus86
Side-Kick

LOL that video is hilarious. Ford still has it!!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #478
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

"Actually he... he... doesn't wear pants..."
"I rest my case!!"

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #479
Marvolo
Side-Kick

lmao off at "wookie piece of ****"! I want that in VII somewhere. One thing I loved in abram's star trek was the jibes at Spock: "green blooded hobgoblin" "pointy eared bastard". I would like some stuff like that in VII.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #480
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Also, if we ever had any doubts that he could pick the character back up again... wow. He really felt like Han Solo in that bit, even if it was an exaggerated parody.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #481
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but theforce.net confirmed that Star Wars: Reclamation was fake.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #482
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

That's a real bummer.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #483
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but theforce.net confirmed that Star Wars: Reclamation was fake.
Ya I forgot to mention in this thread, I said in the Han one. Too bad that sounded really cool. But I'm sure we will hear some stuff soon enough.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #484
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
That's a real bummer.
I'm kinda glad to be honest, they can do better!

Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #485
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I'm kinda glad to be honest, they can do better!
I'm sure they can, but there was some amazing ideas in there.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #486
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I'm sure they can, but there was some amazing ideas in there.
Eh, I don't know about amazing!

EDIT: Which particular ideas did you like?

Last edited by Doc Ock; 04-18-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #487
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Just some of the characters intrigued me. Especially the idea of The Shade "Luke".

Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #488
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Their slate is too full for me to believe Episode VII will be out for summer 2015.

The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Pixar's Inside Out - June 19, 2015
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - July 10, 2015

That's a full summer lineup right there. Unless you put it on Memorial Day weekend. But that takes away from Avengers' grosses/attention.
Devin Faraci said there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stress on the pre-production of 'Episode 7' and that's due to the tentative summer release date. I'm in the mind that, while Star Wars is inherently a summer tentpole, this might be the ONE (and maybe only) exception and will be released during Winter 2015.

Again, this is only going by vibes that Disney Pres Bob Iger wanting Star Wars in theaters before his retirement (2015 is his last active year). After all, it's his crown jewel (among other things). It'll be the ultimate compromise.

I think that's why Disney hasn't committed to a real release date yet. Me thinks that JJ is talking to Kathleen Kennedy about the scheduling and in turn, she's the mediator between Team Lucas to Disney proper on what kind of agreement that can work upon.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #489
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Just some of the characters intrigued me. Especially the idea of The Shade "Luke".
Really? I didn't like the Shade Luke idea. I figured Luke would be trying to rebuild the Jedi Order and be at the head of it.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #490
Soapy
It's happening again...

Has the Patton Oswalt Parks and Rec thing been posted?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ignore if old.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #491
Octoberist
point blank

The video has been posted that but that fanart is just plain awesome! Thanks

Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #492
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Devin Faraci said there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stress on the pre-production of 'Episode 7' and that's due to the tentative summer release date. I'm in the mind that, while Star Wars is inherently a summer tentpole, this might be the ONE (and maybe only) exception and will be released during Winter 2015.

Again, this is only going by vibes that Disney Pres Bob Iger wanting Star Wars in theaters before his retirement (2015 is his last active year). After all, it's his crown jewel (among other things). It'll be the ultimate compromise.

I think that's why Disney hasn't committed to a real release date yet. Me thinks that JJ is talking to Kathleen Kennedy about the scheduling and in turn, she's the mediator between Team Lucas to Disney proper on what kind of agreement that can work upon.
Ya I think in the end the right thing will be done. I could easily see a December 2015 release at least for this one. Kathy did say JJ had lots of concerns/demands especially with scheduling and they said they would work with him on that. I think people like Devin are jumping the gun a tad about how they are going to over saturate right away. I think this is definitely somewhat a pipe dream, and they will be checked by someone like Kathy sooner or later. Horn will be realistic as well with it. But I do think 2015 is going to be done, but I could see it being winter. It's such a strong season anymore and with Star Wars merchandise, it would be a whole other type of income. There would be so much bought during the Holiday seasons for kids.

I think the Spin-offs they have even said they are working to do it, but if I remember even Iger said that the main focus is the episodes right now, I would not be surprised if there is only one spin off in between all of these. Not two. But I at least know they are putting good stuff behind the Episodes so I'm not worried about those. The Spin-off's will be interesting they do have Larry with em, so that gives me confidence with that. I agree since Episode VII is the kick off one, I could see them pushing this one to December just to give it a little more time.

Quote:
Really? I didn't like the Shade Luke idea. I figured Luke would be trying to rebuild the Jedi Order and be at the head of it.
I really liked the idea. I don't mind the other idea either, I just hope they try to do a little different from the EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Has the Patton Oswalt Parks and Rec thing been posted?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ignore if old.
I've seen the awesome video, but never the awesome poster!!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #493
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

That poster is indeed very awesome! I kinda like the idea of Star Wars in Winter of 2015, Summer seems pretty crowded already, and mostly by other Disney films! Its like Bob Iger not only wants to go with a bang but completely have Disney dominate the summer season as well like never before.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #494
Bim
Side-Kick

For me a december release (unless it's way before the holidays) is a bummer, cause that's a time of year i'm doing all kinds of things except go to the movies. Star Wars has been for me the perfect way to start the summer, and even though TA2 will be there, i guess i'm just greedy and would very much prefer for the tradition to continue. TA 2 and Episode VII released during the summer would be all kinds of awesome in my book

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #495
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

My wallet would yell at me as I'm a massive Pixar,Pirates,Star Wars, and Marvel fan. I'm sure WB might have something lined up for Summer to!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #496
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
For me a december release (unless it's way before the holidays) is a bummer, cause that's a time of year i'm doing all kinds of things except go to the movies. Star Wars has been for me the perfect way to start the summer, and even though TA2 will be there, i guess i'm just greedy and would very much prefer for the tradition to continue. TA 2 and Episode VII released during the summer would be all kinds of awesome in my book
Let's not kid ourselves though, we would all be there. People did it for Avatar, Sherlock, Titanic, LOTR/The Hobbit ect. I think you could squeeze it in

That and to me though the merchandise buying would be awesome, just right in time for Christmas.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #497
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
My wallet would yell at me as I'm a massive Pixar,Pirates,Star Wars, and Marvel fan. I'm sure WB might have something lined up for Summer to!

World of Warcraft so far.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #498
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
I'm actually glad that turned out be fake.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted to Luke being "The Shade"(although other characters like say Mara Jade, Starkiller or even Ahsoka or Kyle Katarn would have been more interesting), he's better off rebuilding the Jedi Order and being the Grandmaster of it too.

Although some parts looked pretty legitimate like the time period for example. It showed that what was going down in Reclamation kind of matched up with the EU. The show would have taken place in 19 ABY, if you look on wookiepedia, in 19 ABY, there were several peace treaties between both New Republic and the Imperial Remnant that were being negotiated between both parties. This was explored in that pitch.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #499
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
World of Warcraft so far.
Oh pshh that! (Unless turns out to look good...)

Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #500
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Oh pshh that! (Unless turns out to look good...)
Yeah, I think Warcraft has potential. WB does need to get some summer movies on the slate for 2015, though. It's going to happen eventually.

Closed Thread