Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #926
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
again Nolan knew that TDK was going to be his next film before he started The Prestige and planned it that way and probably had set aside time to gear up for it. JJ knew probably a few weeks before news broke and that was less than six months ago(i'll have to look)...usual big budget films(Star Trek) have a final cut 1-2 weeks before release...and then doing the press for the film.
At this point in time I believe he is either reading or has read the current draft and turned in notes to the screen writer for changes.
Your first clue to when casting is about to start or is starting is when we find out the name of the movie...because thats when it get told to casting agents and is publicly known.

Now the big cast news like Luke, Han and Leia will/may happen now if JJ has his mind set on the originals returning(like your example with TDK, Nolan knew the Joker was going to be the villain regardless of whatever revision the script was on).
Nolan did not know. He actually was not keen on doing another movie, until I believe it was the end of 2005 or early 2006. That he decided to do TDK. JJ read the script on December 23rd when Kathy brought Arndt with her to convince him to join. So in that time there may be just one of those characters on page where you are like "him". Nolan did that with Heath. Now again that does not mean it's happened here. But sometimes there are people they just know they need for the part early on. TDK is just one example.

Now of course this may be bull, and it may not have happened yet. I'm just saying it's not impossible and some mathematical formula where they read the part of the villain in Episode VII and said "We have to have so and so". Having said that coming from LR I have little faith.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #927
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I still don't believe a word Nolan has said regarding the TDKT and how there was no planning ahead and bull like that.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #928
Octoberist
point blank

Man...as expected, there's barely any buzz on that LR scoop on Jonathan Ryhs Meyers. Comingsoon.net or this site hasn't reported it...deadline/variety/theWrap/hollywood reporter didn't either.

I know..I know..it's LR but man, it shows how times have changed since their hey day only a few years ago..

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #929
Project862006
Banned User

he brought it on himself with his hulk and bale is in for justice league rumors back to back

Old 05-21-2013, 02:30 AM   #930
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Yeah, if it had any truth, the trades would have been all over it last night. Like what happened when TheWrap broke the news about JJ directing.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #931
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah, and El May's scoop on the Iron Man 3's stinger (after-credits) scene with Tony meeting up with the Guardians of the Galaxy (thought to be fair, I think Marvel really wanted to do it but RDJ's contract was up in the air and they couldn't risk it.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #932
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Graves View Post
Yeah, if it had any truth, the trades would have been all over it last night. Like what happened when TheWrap broke the news about JJ directing.
Also, I always always remember the casting of Captain America. For weeks, all the trades had random lists of all of the young actors in Hollywood auditioning for the role of Cap. I think Chris Evans barely got mentioned once in the endless weeks of news of candidates....and guess who got the role?

Anything can happen in Hollywood. But if I was a betting man, I don't think Disney wants Meyers even if JJ pushes for him.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #933
elsewhere
super

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
though to be fair, I think Marvel really wanted to do it but RDJ's contract was up in the air and they couldn't risk it.
Or maybe they realized how crap Iron Man 3 was and decided to keep Guardians of the Galaxy at a distance.

I didn't care for Iron Man 3.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #934
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post

After looking at this picture after hearing this rumour, he just screams Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus anyone?

He certainly has the look for Ceadus... Or a Jacen like Character...

Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #935
Octoberist
point blank

So there's a rumor that Joblo.com has, and they stated the main villain for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' isn't The Controller as reported by Latino Review's El May a few weeks ago, but some dude name Ronan.

Let's play the 'what if' game. Let's say Joblo is right, and El May is wrong. Then how can we trust that Meyers rumor?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #936
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I sure don't trust anything that comes outta El Mayimbe's mouth.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #937
Octoberist
point blank

Again, like what I've said before, his track record has been so spotty as of late. If it's like if he's right once out of four scoops, that's not a good consistent ratio to fall back on.

He was like right about Georges St. Pierre being in Captain America 2, but who really cares. The trades reported about Robert Redford being in it a week later.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #938
Lobo
Willa ♥

Yeah El Maybe has been way to spotty lately. That being said, I'd like Rhys Meyers in a role

Old 05-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #939
Octoberist
point blank

With his track record, I can't hype myself up too much for Meyers even though he would be a great addition to the cast. But it just seems so early for that sort of thing right now, even before casting the female lead.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #940
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I sure don't trust anything that comes outta El Mayimbe's mouth.
Nor do I.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #941
Octoberist
point blank

random question: So I was the horrorifc movie Indy 4 again, and yes, Harrison was the only good thing about it but...did he do a lot of ADR for it? Or was his voice enhanced somehow?

Because some how he sounds 20 years younger in that film than in Firewall.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #942
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

He probably cared.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #943
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I don't know if this has been posted, but...

Leonardo DiCaprio Ponders Star Wars Potential

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #944
Octoberist
point blank

That's why I'm not feeling Meyers if the rumors are true. Who knows? He might pull a Heath but there's a certain disconnect with him as an actor. I like him and all, plus I know he went through some personal problems, but he hasn't delivered a film where you had to see it because of him. He doesn't have a Bronsan like with Tom Hardy. He doesn't have his 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'. Or the Gosling double-hit combo of 'Blue Valentine' and 'Drive'.

However, it would be ballsy and unexpected if Leo was in Star Wars. Or Joaquin Phoenix. Actors of a "HOLY COW" caliber of acting.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #945
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Leo in Star Wars... Isn't this an old rumour? Not that I'd say anything than a gargantuan YES if that were to happen.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #946
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah if he did it, man, it would be weird and cool at the same time. Again, unexpected and exciting.

If I were JJ and knew about Leo's love for Star Wars, he should try to get him aboard.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #947
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
If I were JJ and knew about Leo's love for Star Wars, he should try to kidnap him and lock him to the SW set(s) until principal photography is over.
Fixed.

But seriously, Leo wouldn't even have to wield a lightsaber, just make him this tactical genius.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #948
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

This is insane.

Massive LEGO X-wing Takes Off in Times Square

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #949
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Quote:
That's why I'm not feeling Meyers if the rumors are true. Who knows? He might pull a Heath but there's a certain disconnect with him as an actor. I like him and all, plus I know he went through some personal problems, but he hasn't delivered a film where you had to see it because of him. He doesn't have a Bronsan like with Tom Hardy. He doesn't have his 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'. Or the Gosling double-hit combo of 'Blue Valentine' and 'Drive'.

However, it would be ballsy and unexpected if Leo was in Star Wars. Or Joaquin Phoenix. Actors of a "HOLY COW" caliber of acting.
Oh, man, could Joaquin Phoenix rock this. Great, now I'm all riled up about probably nothing.

I don't know how I'd feel about Leonardo Dicaprio. I...don't think I've ever wanted him cast in anything I'd like, or even gone "boy, this role could sure be enhanced by Leonardo Dicaprio." But then again, I haven't seen Django Unchained. Or a lot of stuff.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #950
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Weren't there rumors that Leo was gonna be Anakin in the prequels?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Closed Thread