The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #951
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Leo in Star Wars sounds too good to be true.

What about a "cult star" like Bruce Campbell, or Marc Singer, or Kyle MacLachlan, or Michael Biehn, in a supporting role?

Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #952
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

What if the bad guy is bad because he wanted to be a Jedi,but he doesn't have the force in him.So he trains in lightsaber fighting,has gauntlets that have anti-gravity tech so he can force choke people,etc.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #953
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Man if Leo did this. Holy ****.

I think it would be great for him as well. He needs some fun stuff like this. Django was a good step in the right direction.

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 05-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #954
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Weren't there rumors that Leo was gonna be Anakin in the prequels?
yeah i heard this too.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #955
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Weren't there rumors that Leo was gonna be Anakin in the prequels?
Yes, and fans screamed against it. Funny how things go years later...

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #956
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
What if the bad guy is bad because he wanted to be a Jedi,but he doesn't have the force in him.So he trains in lightsaber fighting,has gauntlets that have anti-gravity tech so he can force choke people,etc.
That genuinely sounds really cool (as long as you find away around the Jedi immediately crushing his tech with the genuine force powers).

Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #957
TyrionLannister
Side-Kick

Quote:
haha that actually sounds pretty sweet. I'd be down with that.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #958
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Yes, and fans screamed against it. Funny how things go years later...
Stupid people were still attaching that nonsense pretty boy label to him at the time, I guess mainly because of Titanic.

I'd largely like JJ to stay away from really big names for this but in Leo's case I'd definitely make an exception.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #959
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I don't' think having a few big names is a bad thing, but ya for the main characters for the most part I would prefer less known people. (but in the end get the best for the role). I mean even Star Wars had some big names, to us now they seem big "because of Star Wars" but in reality they were big then too. I mean Alec was a legend, and a big profile guy. So I don't think it's bad as long as the role is filled correctly.

But I agree for the main characters it would be nice to have less known people.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #960
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I don't' think having a few big names is a bad thing, but ya for the main characters for the most part I would prefer less known people. (but in the end get the best for the role). I mean even Star Wars had some big names, to us now they seem big "because of Star Wars" but in reality they were big then too. I mean Alec was a legend, and a big profile guy. So I don't think it's bad as long as the role is filled correctly.

But I agree for the main characters it would be nice to have less known people.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #961
Octoberist
point blank

So when do you guys think we'll hear more casting news?

I think that Disney will officially announce the casting of Hamill, Fisher, and Ford during the Star Wars Celebration this August.

Then I think the casting of the female lead will be the first will follow hopefully by the Fall. Actually I would be SHOCKED if they announced it at Celebration as well! If that were to happen, it would be an actress who is an up and commer but not a complete unknown (ala Jake Lloyd).

Old 05-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #962
Airwings
Waves of air

It would be nice to have Gary Cole in a role.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #963
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
wow. That's awesome

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 05-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #964
regwec
Shakespearo

Good God. "Lego" and "actual size" are my two favourite things!

Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #965
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
He would still be unshielded by a jedi's force powers, unless he carries an ysalamir(not sure it that's the correct spelling) with him at all times. And maybe even some kind of shield from the material that can withstand lightsabers (I can't remember the name at the moment) to even out the odds a bit.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 05-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #966
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
So when do you guys think we'll hear more casting news?

I think that Disney will officially announce the casting of Hamill, Fisher, and Ford during the Star Wars Celebration this August.

Then I think the casting of the female lead will be the first will follow hopefully by the Fall. Actually I would be SHOCKED if they announced it at Celebration as well! If that were to happen, it would be an actress who is an up and commer but not a complete unknown (ala Jake Lloyd).
I was hoping they would announce something during the first week of Star Wars Weekends at Disney World, but sadly they didn't. With Kathleen Kennedy supposedly going to be at Star Wars celebrations, it seems like we'll get some sort of info there. Possibly even a teaser poster.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #967
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

The no Force thing is not a good idea. It's too complicate for something that should not be. We don't need any of that kind of stuff. The true conflict should be between good and evil not with a secondary conflict that the villain is trying to make up for lack of power. However Lucas did say in '81 in that latest transcript to Kasdan that everyone can access the Force. It just takes lots of practice and some can attain it easier then others. So someone not having the Force really does not make sense since everyone technically has it flowing through them.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #968
regwec
Shakespearo

Lucas said that? Bless him. The whole idea of the Force being a bloodright was repellent.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #969
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Lucas said that? Bless him. The whole idea of the Force being a bloodright was repellent.
Here's the transcript from the new upcoming BHS book of ROTJ that talks a little about the prequels back in '81.

Quote:
THE STORY OF ANAKIN

Lucas: Anakin Skywalker starting hanging out with the Emperor, who at this point nobody knew was that bad, because he was an elected official.

Kasdan: Was he a Jedi?

Lucas: No, he was a politician. Richard M. Nixon was his name. He subverted the senate and finally took over and became an imperial guy and he was really evil. But he pretended to be a really nice guy. He sucked Lukeís father into the dark side.

Kasdan: The Force was available to anyone who could hook into it?

Lucas: Yes, everybody can do it.

Kasdan: Not just the Jedi?

Lucas: Itís just the Jedi who take the time to do it.

Marquand: They use it as a technique.

Lucas: Like yoga. If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it; but the ones that really want to do it are the ones who are into that kind of thing. Also like karate. Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesnít go out and fight anybody.

Kasdan: A Jedi Master is a Jedi isnít he?

Lucas: Well, he is a teacher, not a real Jedi. Understand that?

Kasdan: I understand what youíre saying, but I canít believe it; I am in shock.

Lucas: Itís true, absolutely true, not that it makes any difference to the story.

Kasdan: You mean he wouldnít be any good in a fight?

Lucas: Not with Darth Vader he wouldnít.

Kasdan: I accept it, but I donít like it.

Lucas: Well, anyway, Lukeís father gets subverted by the Emperor. He gets a little weird at home and his wife begins to figure out that things are going wrong and she confides in Ben, who is his mentor. On his missions through the galaxies, Anakin has been going off doing his Jedi thing and a lot of Jedi have been getting killedóand itís because they turn their back on him and he cuts them down. The president is turning into an Emperor and Lukeís mother suspects that something has happened to her husband. She is pregnant. Anakin gets worse and worse, and finally Ben has to fight him and he throws him down into a volcano and Vader is all beat up.

Now, when he falls into the pit, his other arm goes and his leg and there is hardly anything left of him by the time the Emperorís troops fish him out of the drink. Then when Ben finds out that Vader has been fished out and is in the hands of the Empire, he is worried about it. He goes back to Vaderís wife and explains that Anakin is the bad guy, the one killing all the Jedi.

When he goes back his wife, Mrs. Skywalker has had the kids, the twins, so she has these two little babies who are six months old or so. So everybody has to go into hiding. The Skywalker line is very strong with the Force, so Ben says, ďI think we should protect the kids, because they may be able to help us right the wrong that your husband has created in the universe.Ē And so Ben takes one and gives him to a couple out there on Tatooine and he gets his little hideout in the hills and he watches him grow. Ben canít raise Luke himself, because heís a wanted man. Leia and Lukeís mother go to Alderaan and are taken in by the king there, who is a friend of Benís. She dies shortly thereafter and Leia is brought up by her foster parents. She knows that her real mother died.

Kasdan: She does know that?

Lucas: Yes, so we can bring that out when Luke is talking to her; she can say that her mother died when ďI was two years old.Ē

Old 05-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #970
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Stupid people were still attaching that nonsense pretty boy label to him at the time, I guess mainly because of Titanic.
Well, that's how he was generally perceived back then when they were casting AOTC. It wasn't until after that that Leo began working with Scorsese and his reputation as an actor grew. In hindsight, we can only wonder how things would have worked out if Leo played Anakin...

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 05-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #971
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Here's the transcript from the new upcoming BHS book of ROTJ that talks a little about the prequels back in '81.
Thank you posting that, my friend. That is how I have always thought of the Force, and it is nice to know that this was what was intended in the OT.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #972
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
This comes out October 1st? Goddammit.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #973
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead9707 View Post
I was hoping they would announce something during the first week of Star Wars Weekends at Disney World, but sadly they didn't. With Kathleen Kennedy supposedly going to be at Star Wars celebrations, it seems like we'll get some sort of info there. Possibly even a teaser poster.
I knew they weren't gonna announce anything at Star Wars weekend because they never do....they'll save it for celebration or comic con

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #974
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Not exactly 'new' news, but this was what on the news 30 years ago today:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was on a similar line in NJ that day. It was crazy. People brought lawn chairs.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #975
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
That sounds much better than what we got.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread