The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #76
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

I had no idea that BDW was 76...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #77
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,532
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Live action or cartoons... who the heck knows what they have in mind. I'm open to either, i dont really have a preference. As long as it's Star Wars and interesting, i'm very likely to tune in lol.


Some of the folks from MR are the ones behind eFx, so it's quality stuff from what i gather from the comments. Indeed, i do hope they can expand the line when the new movies come out. I havent bought anything from them, but the comments about their Luke X-Wing alone were extremely positive. Sadly it was too big for my pocket at that time and i didnt buy it, but it looked amazing. They released a Tie Fighter and it's actually shipping to those who pre-ordered it atm, so i'm waiting to see the comments.
I really want good quality with the live action, that's why I'm hoping they do a GOT style approach, 10 episodes a season enough to give more money to each episode and make them epic.

I really want the Millennium Falcon one, it seems they make very few of these things. Hopefully they expand more.

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #78
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,502
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Would love to see BDW back with the others.

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on May 6, 2016

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #79
Brem
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 199
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I grew up with the OT and i like the PT. So it isnt a generation thing lol. Heck, some who grew up with the PT dont like them. I think the lines are blurred at this point, and it all comes down to a matter of opinion and personal preference.

At this point i'm really, really trying my best to keep my expectations about anything new SW very low. I have no idea what they're gonna do and i dont want to set myself up for disappointment. I just hope Disney is taking this franchise in a direction i will enjoy.

I'm still bummed about CW though and i found myself wondering: could it be that Disney want to do something to directly enhance (or should i say promote?) what they have planned for the new movies in terms of a tv show, and not so much for the older movies? Which is why there will also be spinoffs to focus on those characters from the older movies that people love. They tend to the old with the spinoffs but focus more on the new with the tv show and episodes VII, VIII and IX *rubs chin deep in thought*
I'll admit while I can't say I grew up with the Original Trilogy in the sense that I grew up with them as the films were released, I was still born in 1988 and I still have the original video tapes I used to watch almost every day, that came before the Special Editions were ever released. And I still love the prequels as much as I love the Original Trilogy. As far as I'm concerned it is Star Wars. I have never had an issue with The Phantom Menace, I would say Attack of the Clones is my favourite Star Wars (Obi-Wan investigating before, during and after Kamino are the highlights for me, as are seeing more of the general populace of Coruscant and the space battle between Obi-Wan and Jango, and much more with Geonosis capping off an exciting film).

I just want to watch Star Wars, and whether I watch the Prequel Trilogy or the Original Trilogy, or both, I get the same enjoyment.

Now, I want to make sure people know I am not making the claim that everyone is like this, but sometimes I get the feeling some people put down the Prequel Trilogy, and hype up the Original Trilogy simply because that's what everyone else does. I saw a comment on a video the other day, it might have been the trailer for Attack of the Clones (I popped my Blu-Ray on for the first time since I got it! Unbelievable!), and they said while they do like the Prequels, obviously Episode V is their favourite. I don't understand why it's obvious. Because everyone says that's their favourite? If you asked me, I'd say as a kid Return of the Jedi was my favourite. Now Attack of the Clones is, followed by Jedi, then by A New Hope, then Empire, Phantom Menace and then Revenge of the Sith. In no order of better to worse, simply from which I would watch first, and which I would pick to watch last. It should never be obvious which of the Star Wars films, or any film, is your favourite. If it were based off which film every else calls their favourite, I think that's the wrong way to go about it.

Anyway, they're my thoughts on the whole "I hate the Prequels!" debate. I love them. I love the Originals. I even enjoy the Special Editions. I love the books, and Clone Wars, the comics and the figures. I love the Lego sets, and have numerous sets spread around my room. I love Star Wars as a whole. I hate when people tell me based on that I'm not a "true" Star Wars fan. But God forbid I just love the franchise as a whole.

Like you though, I'm not getting my hopes up about VII, VIII and IX. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but until we have solid news, and we have trailers and images, and VII is actually a success, I'm apprehensive.

Brem is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #80
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

What are these prequels you guys speak of?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #81
Brem
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 199
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
What are these prequels you guys speak of?
That's exactly what I say when people tell me they did make an Alien 3 and another film called Alien: Resurrection. I still don't believe it, though!

Brem is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #82
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

I like Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection

James is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #83
Brem
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 199
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I like Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection
And I like the Prequels and the Original Trilogy. Maybe now we have brought balance to the Force.

I mean I like what I like. Some people like what they like. I liked Prometheus, some people didn't. I love the Prequels and Original Trilogy. I might dare say I find Indiana Jones 4 watchable.

Although it's more the people who have mocked me in the past for enjoying Star Wars as a whole I'm annoyed with. Not people on this site, but on other sites. From the very few times I have posted here, I have met quite a few like-minded people which was great.

Brem is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #84
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

You should post here more often. I like the prequels too, especially ROTS. Gianakin and others are big lovers of Episodes 1-3.

Basically no one should mock anyone (outside of a friendly jest) for things they like, regardless of what it is. I'm not into Twilight, Bieber or Avatar but that's no reason to pick on people who are.

James is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #85
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,532
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
And I like the Prequels and the Original Trilogy. Maybe now we have brought balance to the Force.

I mean I like what I like. Some people like what they like. I liked Prometheus, some people didn't. I love the Prequels and Original Trilogy. I might dare say I find Indiana Jones 4 watchable.

Although it's more the people who have mocked me in the past for enjoying Star Wars as a whole I'm annoyed with. Not people on this site, but on other sites. From the very few times I have posted here, I have met quite a few like-minded people which was great.
Well you are putting down a group of people already, saying that there are those that just blindly love something..."because". Or because everyone else says so.

Everyone can have their own opinion. And James....I find that funny because most PT defenders usually just attack the fans on the three criteria that I have said many times in my discussions with PT fans. I have seen this on both side, but as someone on the other end of the fence don't act like it's some one sided thing. Usually the three criteria are:

1. You're just being negative, hence the internet.
2. You're just being nostalgic.
3. The OT is not that great.

Instead of giving me reasons to as why the PT is great on it's own.

On both sides there are monsters that go in extremes, to things like what George Lucas did to their child hood, which is just crazy talk and stupid.

I never have told anyone they are "dumb" or anything like that for their standpoint, just that I find their arguments to be weak hence where I disagree with them. Which is what a forum is all about is discussion of these things. But usually it loops around into the same things.

But don't sit there and say people are just being sheep by liking ESB over all others. There is a reason for that. You may not get it, but on that I will say you are a minority on that which is fine but most fans even PT fans (not all) but most love ESB most. And with justifiable reasons, mainly that it was a well made film, from dialogue, to story to cinematography to acting to directing ect. There is a reason AHN and ESB are in the AFI's best films/Library of Congress as culturally significant films. And I have a feeling that the PT will never enter that level of reverence.

But ya, like what you want, I have strong opinions against the PT. But I don't begrudge those that want to like it. I will argue with them, but I never want to run to their house rip the PT out of their hand and put them in the trash lol. The more you can like the merrier. But just because some don't like some things does not make us some monsters that just go around hating things. Most know me on these forums as an very optimistic guy. Star Wars PT, and Terminator 3/TS are the only things I passionately do not care for, and have strong reasons why. I'm not just the guy that likes to hate things for the fun of it, or to rile people up.

To me the PT hit such a low, it will be easy for the ST to easily surpass them. Michael Ardt is hands over fist a better writer, and JJ a better director. So already I have a feeling Episode VII will be amazing. But again I do find it interesting that most of the people "weary" about the ST are PT enthusiasts. I said this back in November, and it still interests me. I have my own theories on that, but that's not for here.

But one thing is we are all Star Wars fans here, and have a huge future ahead of us. That is what is most important right now.

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #86
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post

Everyone can have their own opinion. And James....I find that funny because most PT defenders usually just attack the fans on the three criteria that I have said many times in my discussions with PT fans. I have seen this on both side, but as someone on the other end of the fence don't act like it's some one sided thing. Usually the three criteria are:

1. You're just being negative, hence the internet.
2. You're just being nostalgic.
3. The OT is not that great.

Instead of giving me reasons to as why the PT is great on it's own.
The idea of 'sides' is kind of silly to me. Some people like some stuff, some people like other stuff, why do we feel such a strong urge to turn personal opinions into an argument? Certainly people can discuss the reasons why we like or don't like something but when one person's opinion offends someone else's (at least as far as entertainment goes) something is backwards.

James is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #87
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,532
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The idea of 'sides' is kind of silly to me. Some people like some stuff, some people like other stuff, why do we feel such a strong urge to turn personal opinions into an argument? Certainly people can discuss the reasons why we like or don't like something but when one person's opinion offends someone else's (at least as far as entertainment goes) something is backwards.
I'm not saying it's personal. There are sides. Some that love it and some that don't. I'm not talking sides of "war" here. It's about discussion, but there are people that share similar opinions on one side or another. Don't try to turn this into something I never was implying.

And if there is ever a day where you see a bunch of people dressed up as Stormtroopers fighting people dressed up as Clonetroopers, run for the hills!!!! The end is nigh!

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)

Last edited by Solidus; 03-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Solidus is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #88
Bim
Side-Kick
 
Bim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,526
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I really want good quality with the live action, that's why I'm hoping they do a GOT style approach, 10 episodes a season enough to give more money to each episode and make them epic.

I really want the Millennium Falcon one, it seems they make very few of these things. Hopefully they expand more.
If it's live action though. It could be animated, but a different era. I'm curious about the LAS Lucas and Co were working on and that even had a bunch of episodes already written, but didnt move forward with because it was expensive. It was set between Episodes III and IV... could Disney be looking into it?

Aah that MF was massive! It was crazy expensive too when it was released, but well worth it from the comments i saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
I saw a comment on a video the other day, it might have been the trailer for Attack of the Clones (I popped my Blu-Ray on for the first time since I got it! Unbelievable!), and they said while they do like the Prequels, obviously Episode V is their favourite. I don't understand why it's obvious. Because everyone says that's their favourite? If you asked me, I'd say as a kid Return of the Jedi was my favourite. Now Attack of the Clones is, followed by Jedi, then by A New Hope, then Empire, Phantom Menace and then Revenge of the Sith. In no order of better to worse, simply from which I would watch first, and which I would pick to watch last. It should never be obvious which of the Star Wars films, or any film, is your favourite. If it were based off which film every else calls their favourite, I think that's the wrong way to go about it.
I hear ya, my favorite of the originals is A New Hope, and what people find the climax of Empire (I am your father) is the scene that makes me laugh the most because of Mark's reaction. The second he says "That's impossible" i lose it, sorry. I'd love to see alternate takes of that and see if there's one that doesnt make me laugh (still, to this day). Heck, i prefer Revenge over Empire, so i guess in the eyes of some i should be stoned to death or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
Like you though, I'm not getting my hopes up about VII, VIII and IX. I'm looking forward to seeing them, but until we have solid news, and we have trailers and images, and VII is actually a success, I'm apprehensive.
I'm excited it's Star Wars, but i'm even trying to stay unattached to the post Episode VI EU that i've read, just so i dont go in there expecting to see certain characters or storylines. It's a tough job keeping expectations down, but i hope it works lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
And if there is ever a day where you see a bunch of people dressed up as Stormtroopers fighting people dressed up as Clonetroopers, run for the hills!!!! The end is nigh!
we all know clonetroopers would win anyways. Stormtroopers couldnt even beat ewoks

__________________
ďThere is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.Ē Goethe

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p

Last edited by Bim; 03-14-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Bim is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #89
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,532
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
If it's live action though. It could be animated, but a different era. I'm curious about the LAS Lucas and Co were working on and that even had a bunch of episodes already written, but didnt move forward with because it was expensive. It was set between Episodes III and IV... could Disney be looking into it?

Aah that MF was massive! It was crazy expensive too when it was released, but well worth it from the comments i saw.

.
Live action would be awesome, but I wonder if Disney behind it they will have more money to back it? To me any era would be cool but I still have a feeling it will be post Jedi just to merge eventually with the new trilogy.

Just imagine the possitlbities! So many things animated/live they could do. I'm actually getting goosebumps thinking about it. The animated team for TCW is extremely talented, and I would love to see a new era and new awesome characters like Bane. (his voice is the coolest).

What would you think of a post Jedi one?

As for the MF it is awesome. I really hope this team expands. Me and my bro were talking about it, and I know I keep saying it....I want Han's Blaster so bad. And an E11-Blaster Rifle.

You said you bought one of the lightsabers from them yes?

Clonetroopers would win, lol they have better aim. Something happened in those 19 years of the Empire taking over lol.

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #90
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I'm not saying it's personal. There are sides. Some that love it and some that don't. I'm not talking sides of "war" here. It's about discussion, but there are people that share similar opinions on one side or another. Don't try to turn this into something I never was implying.

And if there is ever a day where you see a bunch of people dressed up as Stormtroopers fighting people dressed up as Clonetroopers, run for the hills!!!! The end is nigh!
Eh, honestly I think we're both misunderstanding each other.

I wasn't trying to indicate that you were implying anything. Nor did I think anything was personal. You said everyone can have their own opinion, I'm agreeing with you. You spoke about sides, and I said the idea is silly -not that they didn't exist.

You said it's about discussion -well, that's exactly what I said in my response. If I wasn't clear enough, I apologize. All I was trying to get at, is that taking sides is silly and getting upset by another person's opinion equally so.

James is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #91
Brem
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 199
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You should post here more often. I like the prequels too, especially ROTS. Gianakin and others are big lovers of Episodes 1-3.

Basically no one should mock anyone (outside of a friendly jest) for things they like, regardless of what it is. I'm not into Twilight, Bieber or Avatar but that's no reason to pick on people who are.
Pretty much, man. I'm not a fan of many things, and if I'm not a fan of something I just ignore it. It's a shame because I can't remember who it was who I spoke to about the Prequels, but it was before they announced Episode VII, so it was a bit back now.

But I know Bim was one, which is why I replied to their post. And you're one as well, so that's awesome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Well you are putting down a group of people already, saying that there are those that just blindly love something..."because". Or because everyone else says so.
Well, actually no, I'm not really putting anyone down. I specifically said that I don't want anyone to believe that I am claiming everyone was like that in the first place, but it isn't uncommon for some people to like a film or a film series simply because that film or series is popular that the time. It is not obvious that someone will say Episode V is their favourite of the saga. That's like me saying it's obvious that Last Crusade is my favourite Indiana Jones. You wouldn't have known that had I not told you.

But, if you want to believe I'm putting them down, be my guest but we're not going to have an argument about it. But had I wanted to put them down, I would have outright insulted them. But that's not in my nature, and I don't really care what they do overall. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but sometimes I get the impression some people don't always openly admit their opinion because of the way people react to the Prequels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I hear ya, my favorite of the originals is A New Hope, and what people find the climax of Empire (I am your father) is the scene that makes me laugh the most because of Mark's reaction. The second he says "That's impossible" i lose it, sorry. I'd love to see alternate takes of that and see if there's one that doesnt make me laugh (still, to this day). Heck, i prefer Revenge over Empire, so i guess in the eyes of some i should be stoned to death or something


I'm excited it's Star Wars, but i'm even trying to stay unattached to the post Episode VI EU that i've read, just so i dont go in there expecting to see certain characters or storylines. It's a tough job keeping expectations down, but i hope it works lol.
Ha ha. It's possible. I had the audacity once to say I don't mind the Special Editions (I can live without some additions though). I swear had they had the chance, they'd have grabbed pitch forks and torches and chased me through the streets. I have to admit though, in all the years I've spoken to people about Star Wars, nobody has ever said they found that scene funny. You get a thumbs up for that one.

I have to admit, I do like Revenge a little more than Empire myself (although I would choose to watch Empire before it). My only issue with it is that after Attack of the Clones, and Yoda says "Begun the Clone War has.", I was so excited to see the war and see the battles, and see this grand finale. We did get a grand finale, but I had hoped we would see a little more of the war, and how that effected the people. Like when we saw Dex's Diner in Attack, and we saw the lower streets of Coruscant. But I understand the need to keep the story moving, and Attack was all about that mystery as opposed to winding down the war.

And when those first trailers are released, I don't think any of us will be able to contain our excitement. I'm very pessimistic about it, but I know that first trailer will be my breaking point.

Brem is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #92
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,532
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Eh, honestly I think we're both misunderstanding each other.

I wasn't trying to indicate that you were implying anything. Nor did I think anything was personal. You said everyone can have their own opinion, I'm agreeing with you. You spoke about sides, and I said the idea is silly -not that they didn't exist.

You said it's about discussion -well, that's exactly what I said in my response. If I wasn't clear enough, I apologize. All I was trying to get at, is that taking sides is silly and getting upset by another person's opinion equally so.
Understood no harm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
Pretty much, man. I'm not a fan of many things, and if I'm not a fan of something I just ignore it. It's a shame because I can't remember who it was who I spoke to about the Prequels, but it was before they announced Episode VII, so it was a bit back now.

But I know Bim was one, which is why I replied to their post. And you're one as well, so that's awesome as well.



Well, actually no, I'm not really putting anyone down. I specifically said that I don't want anyone to believe that I am claiming everyone was like that in the first place, but it isn't uncommon for some people to like a film or a film series simply because that film or series is popular that the time. It is not obvious that someone will say Episode V is their favourite of the saga. That's like me saying it's obvious that Last Crusade is my favourite Indiana Jones. You wouldn't have known that had I not told you.

But, if you want to believe I'm putting them down, be my guest but we're not going to have an argument about it. But had I wanted to put them down, I would have outright insulted them. But that's not in my nature, and I don't really care what they do overall. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but sometimes I get the impression some people don't always openly admit their opinion because of the way people react to the Prequels.
And that is fair. The only thing I will say is that I don't think all PT enthusiast openly admit their opinions either just because it is Star Wars. But like we said there are extremes on both sides. but I think it is pretty obvious that a lot do love ESB, all? No. Just like most prefer Raiders the most. Do I mean 100% of the population? No. But some films get more love then others, like TDK gets more love then BB/TDKR Or Spidey 2 ect. Some films are just held up by more and to me usually with good reason.

If that's not what you meant, that fair enough. But I get the impression the other way around (about fans and their opinions I mean), so I guess that is where we will stand.

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)

Last edited by Solidus; 03-14-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Solidus is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #93
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,150
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

What do people say about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wanting to be in Star Wars Episode VII?? I'd stop taking the movie seriously if he was a Jedi but maybe as a Mandalorian Warrior?

smallville fan is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #94
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,266
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

I like Dwayne Johnson, I think he is actually a good action actor. But I don't see him in Star Wars...in any way. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - ????
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #95
Brem
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 199
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
And that is fair. The only thing I will say is that I don't think all PT enthusiast openly admit their opinions either just because it is Star Wars. But like we said there are extremes on both sides. but I think it is pretty obvious that a lot do love ESB, all? No. Just like most prefer Raiders the most. Do I mean 100% of the population? No. But some films get more love then others, like TDK gets more love then BB/TDKR Or Spidey 2 ect. Some films are just held up by more and to me usually with good reason.

If that's not what you meant, that fair enough. But I get the impression the other way around (about fans and their opinions I mean), so I guess that is where we will stand.
See, I have never implied there aren't extremes on both sides. I will always agree that often both sides can be just as bad as each other. But like I said, I rarely post here and I tend to avoid threads about Star Wars on other sides, because you know it will just turn into a debate over which Trilogy is the best. I'm simply basing this off my experiences and the reactions I have received to which of the films I have at the top of my list.

And I don't think it's obvious, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I'm just not convinced some people say Empire is their favourite because it is genuinely their favourite, but rather peer pressure. But that's just me.

Brem is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #96
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
What do people say about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wanting to be in Star Wars Episode VII?? I'd stop taking the movie seriously if he was a Jedi but maybe as a Mandalorian Warrior?
I like him too, in less serious roles. He's very good at tongue and cheek, generally being goofy. Fast Five was worth watching for his performance alone because you could tell he knew the movie was having a whole mess of fun. In serious roles though, not so much. With that in mind I think he could probably work in Star Wars as non-human of some sort. Maybe even a bounty hunter, but definitely not as a Jedi or similarly prominent role.

Better still, it'd be nice to see him in one of the stand-alone films rather than the core trilogy.

James is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #97
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,502
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

I think anyone publicly asking to be in the movie, not including actors from previous films who say they'd be open to reprising their roles, should be excluded.

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on May 6, 2016

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #98
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bespin
Posts: 16,532
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
See, I have never implied there aren't extremes on both sides. I will always agree that often both sides can be just as bad as each other. But like I said, I rarely post here and I tend to avoid threads about Star Wars on other sides, because you know it will just turn into a debate over which Trilogy is the best. I'm simply basing this off my experiences and the reactions I have received to which of the films I have at the top of my list.

And I don't think it's obvious, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I'm just not convinced some people say Empire is their favourite because it is genuinely their favourite, but rather peer pressure. But that's just me.
Ya I think so lol. There is a difference of peer pressure, and just better made film (to a persons eyes). You could say that it's peer pressure that people like Alien and Aliens over the others (which most do prefer the original 2). But the reason has nothing to do with that. It has to do with quality of film. But I guess you can make that stance if you want. As I think some like the PT just because it's Star Wars. I kinda felt it was peer pressure when the PT came out to like it. I remember I felt if I said I hated it I was going to be ridiculed. Not by just fans but by friends that I had hyped up the films to. Years later I finally let go of that and just admitted how I felt. And many others have admitted that over the years too, some even on these forums.

And I've never cared for The Rock. He would not fit in this universe at all. I've just never cared for his acting.

__________________
"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #99
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I think anyone publicly asking to be in the movie, not including actors from previous films who say they'd be open to reprising their roles, should be excluded.
Heh!

But can you blame them? If I were an actor and the news "New Star Wars Movies!" hit my (assistant's) desk, I'd be clamoring for a role too. I mean it doesn't matter what part you play or even if you have any lines, at the very least you'll get an action figure out of the deal!

James is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #100
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,502
Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Yea I get why they're doing it, but it just comes off as desperate.

I say if they're really interested they should record their own version of the "Star Wars kid" video and submit it to Disney. :P

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on May 6, 2016

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.